Extrication an option?? NEED HELP FOR A FRIEND!!
Posted by: tlavery ()
Date: February 10, 2006 06:15AM

Hello,

I am at my whits end. I meet someone online about a year ago and am TOTALLY frustrated that there is NOTHING that can be done about the abuse that she is enduring. She had been in this cult since birth and is TERRIFIED that if she leaves that they will find her. Is there ANY legal option to have her removed against her will? She has multiple personality order if they are removed a cult loyal alter will just take over and go right back. Is there any hope for someone in this situation????

Thanks for ANY advice!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 10, 2006 06:27AM

First, if you think anything criminal is going on contact the local police. They can then conduct an investigation.

You also should consider that claims of ritual abuse, especially those that implicate family members, have most often been proven false.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Note the official reports and research done by law enforcement and government groups regarding Satanism claims.

Many of the false claims made have been linked to those also claiming "multiple personality disorder," a controversial diagnosis.

Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: February 10, 2006 07:14AM

You could visit www.wellspringretreat.org and also tell your friend to visit that internet site. They are very helpful and will respond to enquiries.

Posted by: chaupil ()
Date: February 13, 2006 06:52AM

My family contacted one of the very few exit counselors left in the world. I also spent two weeks at Wellspring Retreat in Ohio, an inpatient treatment center for ex cult members.

A book on the market is extraordinary called Twisted Scriptures.

Wellspring is an incredible resource
[wellspringretreat.org]

Posted by: nccg_concern ()
Date: March 17, 2006 04:38AM

Maybe it's just me, but there does seem to be a shortage of exit counselors in the world. hm?

Date: March 20, 2006 10:02AM

rrmoderator
First, if you think anything criminal is going on contact the local police. They can then conduct an investigation.

You also should consider that claims of ritual abuse, especially those that implicate family members, have most often been proven false.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Note the official reports and research done by law enforcement and government groups regarding Satanism claims.

Many of the false claims made have been linked to those also claiming "multiple personality disorder," a controversial diagnosis.

I am BESIDE myself with your opinion on ritual abuse! If you knew ANYTHING about DID (dissociative identity disorder formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder) you would know that ritual abuse is one of the more common reasons for it's existance. It is the abused person's way of surviving. The reason it is SO VERY HARD to find out the truth let alone prosecute the abuser is that there is always a part of the abused person that is trying to keep it all secret. If one part wants to leave and seek freedom and ultimately tells the truth of the abuse it will most likely be denied by the one that keeps the secret. My best guess as for the reason they do that is because there have been unspeakable threats made. If they ever did leave or tell what has happened to them they would suffer and/or someone they love would suffer.

It is a TRAGEDY that there are people out there like Rick Ross that in my opinion are spreading misinformation about the existance (or non-existance) of ritual abuse. God forbid that someone actually went looking for help and met up with someone that had been misinformed on the subject and did not give them the help that they DESPERATELY needed!

Date: March 20, 2006 10:03AM

spectrum
You could visit www.wellspringretreat.org and also tell your friend to visit that internet site. They are very helpful and will respond to enquiries.

Thank you VERY much!! I will forward the information to her therapist!

Date: March 20, 2006 08:42PM

DID and MPD have become quite controversial many that have been diagnosed with these disorders likewise may not have been diagnosed correctly.

There are many cults and child abusers prosecuted, but this depends upon facts and objective evidence.

Look through the False Memories and Satanism sections to see how many times such claims have been proven false. In many situations those accused have later sued and received large awards or settlements for malicious prosecution.

Also, therapists that promote false memories of ritual abuse have likewise been sued and often lost their license.

There are many cults hurting people and this has included children. But there are facts to support this.

It is important to recognize that there are both true and false claims of abuse.

Date: March 21, 2006 02:00AM

rrmoderator
DID and MPD have become quite controversial many that have been diagnosed with these disorders likewise may not have been diagnosed correctly.

There are many cults and child abusers prosecuted, but this depends upon facts and objective evidence.

Look through the False Memories and Satanism sections to see how many times such claims have been proven false. In many situations those accused have later sued and received large awards or settlements for malicious prosecution.

Also, therapists that promote false memories of ritual abuse have likewise been sued and often lost their license.

There are many cults hurting people and this has included children. But there are facts to support this.

It is important to recognize that there are both true and false claims of abuse.

F U! cancel my membership here if you aren't going to show BOTH sides of this subject!

Date: March 21, 2006 05:10AM

Please understand that when you agreed to the rules to post here it was spelled out that no flaming and ranting was allowed.

You are banned.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.