Long term effect/ recovery prognosis ?
Date: April 01, 2012 12:28AM

I have spent half my life with an individual whom I love dearly, yet have to admit, there is only so much one person can do for another.

The big question people often have about him is, is he bi-polar? obsessive compulsive? on drugs? or, more often, what planet does he live on?

Given family mental health issues, it has been difficult to determine how much is genetic and how much his environment.

I have long maintained that 95 percent of our difficulties came from the fact he had his religion beaten into him as a child. His efforts to escape that religion lead him to first one cult, and then another. It's been nearly seventeen years since one of his cult leaders died and he stopped following any and all cults, and yet, his progress towards the world most people live in as been very slow.

I am exhausted from my own expectations of "someday."

I realize, a healthy mind will recover more rapidly, and for those with underlying issues, recovery will be more complicated. And too, I imagine, the length of time one spends in a cult is a determining factor as well.

I would like to get a sense of how long it takes for a cult victim to feel well again?

What kinds of support system works best? I'm running low on ideas.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.