Philadelphian Church?
Posted by: JaimeJC ()
Date: October 18, 2010 11:01PM

I live in France and recently met a (British) person who said she was part of the" Philadelphian churches" and that there are not many of them. (She has to travel to another city 400+ km away to attend one). I have never heard of this and wondered if anyone linked to this website had. It sounded a bit unusual to me, but I've been surprised not to find any information on it on the internet so far.
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Philadelphian Church?
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: October 18, 2010 11:22PM

Is this the church that Armstrong once ran? He is/was an "end-times" preacher (i.e., The second coming is on the verge of happening).

Here is a link (in French for you) to the potential church your friend may be a member of. (If French is not your native tongue or if you are an ex-pat living there, you can change the language at the top-right drop down menu).

[www.pcog.org]

Here is some information on H. W. Armstrong linked from this site (if this is the right church, of course):

[www.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2010 11:25PM by Sparky.

Posted by: JaimeJC ()
Date: October 19, 2010 07:01AM

Thanks, Sparky--I'm guessing that you're probably right. The link you gave also helped me find this one:
[thephiladelphiachurch.org]

And then this one too, which showed the historical link with the H W Armstrong group
[www.watchman.org]

The reason I didn't find anything before was because I was searching in french.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: October 19, 2010 09:07AM

JaimeJC, hope your friend(?) finds her way out of this abusive church. As you can see from the Rick Ross archives, this is well documented here by Mr. Ross (once more please see here: [www.culteducation.com])

H. W. Armstrong and the "fruits" of his church are considered by some to be cultic, and by many to be a good example of an abusive/controlling church with no accountable financial records by the members.

Sadly, The USA seems to be a breeding ground for abusive (and in my opinion: Thieving) tele-evangelists. I am sorry this bitter weed has infiltrated France.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2010 09:09AM by Sparky.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.