Re: Recovering from Choices Counseling Center
Posted by: Zexto ()
Date: February 11, 2015 03:24AM

I'm glad to lnow others have escaped and it's nice to know I'm not alone

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sancho ()
Date: February 24, 2015 01:10AM

As you probably know, Beth's up to some of the same tricks. From your accounts, the present state of Choices doesn't seem nearly as bad as it was under Maureen, but it's still bad.

I'm glad that the posters here have made some progress after leaving Choices. Congratulations!

But I wonder if you feel like you should/have a duty to deter other innocent people from going there in the future. I can tell you that Beth seems less abusive than Maureen, but she's abusive, and also the methods don't even seem effective...they actually seem destructive.

So, considering how many folks I've met that need actual help, I think it's very important to warn potentially vulnerable folks ( and their loved ones ) to keep away from Choices.

For one, because I firmly believe that Choices does more damage, and for two because there are plenty of ethical, kind and effective alternatives out there.

So, if you agree, why not post on Yelp about CHoices? Why not do what you can publicly to keep people away from that terrible place?

Date: June 01, 2015 10:32AM

I wish I knew how to find Noah

Posted by: JTAB ()
Date: June 26, 2015 03:15AM

Look for the Noah with the Ark, Zexto, that 6:30 am meeting is like a ghost town and the left be hinders are all in food addiction they are all huge or skinny as rails, its sad.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 26, 2015 06:30AM

See[www.amazon.com]

There is a chapter in this new book "Cults Inside Out" about LGATs (large group awareness training) and another detailing an actual intervention to get someone out of an LGAT through an intervention.

There is a chapter specifically devoted to the coercive persuasion and influence techniques often used by LGATs.

This book can be helpful in sorting out and better understanding how to help people caught up in LGATs.

Date: December 16, 2016 12:33PM

Bronwen. I loved with you my very first day in treatment. I was only fifteen and I was terrified. You guys painted my nails with some
Polish that changed colors in the sun. I could hear the train from your bedroom and would often times dream of riding away on it.

Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.