How long will this last?
Posted by: inverness ()
Date: October 22, 2012 03:43AM

On January 6, 2012, I escaped a cult that I was with for 13 years. I can't find any resources for people in my specific situation and I am desperate. I've contacted ICSA, a group in New York, and been rejected by 4 therapists that say I'm "out of their scope." I have no idea how to handle my PTSD or PCSD or whatever acronym fits me. I thought the hardest part would be recognizing I was in a cult and leaving and now that that is over, I see the hardest part is trying to exist in a society that has no understanding of me and I little understanding of it. The only way I cope in the world is by being completely fake but I've cut every one but my husband out of my life because I trust no one and most of the people who were in my life were manipulating and using me in or outside of the cult. I don't know what to do but every day that goes by suicide looks like a better and better option. I just want to be free. How long will their hold on my mind last!?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How long will this last?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 22, 2012 03:47AM

What was the cult you were in for 13 years?

Who was the leader?

Date: October 22, 2012 03:58AM

It is a Lakota Indian group that recruits basically white people and drains us of money and resources claiming they offer "traditional" ceremonies. The family heading the group is involved in criminal activity including drug trafficking, black market baby selling, physical abuse, etc. I'm sorry, I don't want to say the name though. I am the first person who left and told others in the group the truth. When I left I was followed for 2 weeks- I still feel unsafe- although enough time has passed that I am probably just a memory to them. I'm still so scared.

Date: October 22, 2012 06:26AM

Have your reported the group to the police?

How do you know that you were followed for 2 weeks?

Date: October 22, 2012 09:51AM

Nevermind. Please just delete my posts. I'm not ready to share anymore about what happened.

Date: October 22, 2012 06:55PM

Inverness:

Your posts will not be deleted.

Read the rules you agreed to before posting here.

But this thread will be closed.

You don't seem to have any specific details, which makes it too difficult to continue this thread.

There is a directory of recovery resources.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2012 12:01AM by rrmoderator.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.