Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Nightmares, Memory lost , Split Personality
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: July 17, 2005 01:52PM

Ive been getting alot of nightmares and memory lost. According to my friends they say I have split personality too????
Does anyone else get that after leaving a distructive cult?
How do you deal with it? I'm like a walking zombie or something. My sleeping pattern is irratic, I cant concentrate and I get mood swings. If you tell me something I probably forget it in a few minutes and I feel constantly tire and exhuasted. I sometime wish I was never born. :cry:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 17, 2005 08:02PM

this board can provide information. But it appears that what you have
may be something that requires professional help, which is beyond the resources of the board.

For a referral to a therapist expert in working with cults, try here

info@culteducation.com

Posted by: iamok ()
Date: July 20, 2005 01:48AM

i am sorry for what you are feeling. someone very close to me has had the same problems. he got help. without i will be allmost impossible to get your life and the love for yourself back.
anna

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: July 21, 2005 08:10AM

Thanks everyone. Maybe I should go talk to someone.

Posted by: Esperanza ()
Date: August 17, 2005 02:19PM

sometimes in order to survive, Multiple Personalities are formed. A professional I have found, has been of great healing. Good luck

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 17, 2005 07:12PM

MPD is actually a very controversial diagnosis.

It is often linked to false memories.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Some mental health professionals have been sued and lost their license over related treatment/therapy.

Date: August 18, 2005 04:34AM

I am aware that it is not believe by many...I just know, that I have lived with it for over 40 years. No therapist ever tried to put that diagnosis on me either. It has taken me 20 years to finally own it. So I know it to be true....as I live with it every day, and it's affect.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 18, 2005 05:04AM

There have been many people poorly or wrongly diagnosed.

Having said that, its your situation to be worked out with your therapist.

Hopefully, you are working someone well qualified, either with a licensed clinical psychologist with a Ph.D. or an M.D. psychiatrist.

Date: August 19, 2005 06:57AM

Yes I am....thanks for your concern. I am working with a Dr that has 25 years of trauma therapy experience and teachings. He works with a few DID (aka MPD) and a lot of PTSD and borderlines. He is the first that has been able to really help me...and his teachings are wonderful. Teaches one to live in the moment and try to handle emotions within ones window of tolerance...which in then, keeps the body safe and that then, keeps one from splitting off, or dissociating. He is great, I have grown greatly in enlightenment and healing since working with him. I feel totally blessed. Though, it has taken me this long to not be afraid to deal with this issue. It is very exhausting and scary. It takes much courage and endurance to deal with these issues. I am just finally ready and willing.
Peace,
Esperanza

Posted by: ciellbeu ()
Date: November 13, 2006 03:14PM

hi, i had the same symptomes when i left. i didn't even allowed myself to rest. so if you want to sleep than don't hesitate..
i went to a psychiatrist but left after 6 months..i am working with a women now with breathing and natural ways...
try to work with people who know about mind control and cults..
graham in england. steven hassan in the united states, wellspring - revovery center in ohio..

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.