Help!!! Recovery From Gurdjieff Indoctrination!!
Posted by: WaywardSon ()
Date: March 25, 2012 01:03AM

Hi everybody,

I was raised in the 'Work' and it has resulted in anxiety attacks and a bad case of Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder that I'm still recovering from. I find it very difficult to deal with everyday life and I can feel the years slipping away while I watch them unable to really step up and be a part of life. Has anyone else experienced this??? Has anyone got past this??? I need to know. I feel like an awkward shell of a man. The worst part is I can't even explain my problem to people it's so outside their ability to understand. What do I do????

Re: Help!!! Recovery From Gurdjieff Indoctrination!!
Posted by: Questions_2 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 10:03PM

Hi,

While I can't directly relate to this, I did suffer an anxiety attack and was later traumatized by my experience. What helped in so many ways was therapy with a psychologist who specializes in cults and high-demand groups.

Re: Help!!! Recovery From Gurdjieff Indoctrination!!
Date: April 01, 2012 12:36AM

What makes you think you can't explain it to people?

What expectations do you have regarding their reactions? People don't always know how to respond instantly. Sometimes it takes a while for it to sink in. All of us knows how it feels to be stumped and then, three days later think, I wish I had said...

Understanding and knowing what to say don't go hand in hand.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.