Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
LW in Maryland
Posted by: cabinjohn ()
Date: April 04, 2011 10:21PM

Anyone here familiar with a LW church held in a school gym in Cabin John, Maryland?
It was led by Dan Statton. (Who, by the way, laughed and blew me off when I sought counseling for domestic violence.) This was in the late 70s and early 80s.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LW in Maryland
Posted by: heb 11:35 ()
Date: May 30, 2011 03:16PM

That church is now in Rockville, Md. Demster is the pastor.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: June 09, 2011 07:01AM

CabinJohn -

you might find this thread interesting

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Chaos1952 ()
Date: August 09, 2013 08:38AM

My son was in the kingdom school in Knoxville Tenn. and the church in Knoxville traveled up there one time. I have a tape of my son being blessed by Dan Statton. I have been wondering what ever happened to Bro. Statton. By the way, I guess that church is still there, so how did that happen? I thought all the churches east of the Mississippi were closed down and the people all moved out west to be "near the center of the camp."

Posted by: Chaos1952 ()
Date: August 09, 2013 08:40AM

Oh yea, I forgot. Whatever happened to Bob Raba and his sister. I met Bob in Shiloh. I remember the two of us cleaning up around the kitchen and sweeping around the tables and all where we ate our meals. His sister I recall used to drive a tractor trailer. She visited us in Atlanta when she was came through on a trip. We went for a ride in her truck.

Posted by: changed4me ()
Date: September 19, 2013 12:39AM

Dan Statton died years ago. I believe Lynn Cotton and John Dempster co-paster that flock.

Date: November 08, 2013 12:23AM

I hear John D is in LA and Lynn C is the sole pastor. Membership is small. It is just a matter of time and that LW church will be shut down.

Posted by: jan w. lane ()
Date: February 24, 2015 11:53AM

I belonged to the LW church for 13 yrs. Some of the churches or congregations had it rougher than in other congregations. It sounds like Shiloh was very much into abusive control. I came into the so called "walk" in the SFO Bay area in Campbell, Ca. under the direction of Howard Klein and his wife, Naomi. It was like many of the other charismatic churches of the 70's and the people of the congregation, and the pastor and his wife were pretty nice. My problems began to accelerate after my arranged marriage and subsequent move to San Diego where I spent a decade in the Chula Vista Coniah Chapel under leadership of RD Cronquist, one of the most insane pastors of the entire walk. I think now of those years in very negative terms. It was a nightmare, and only those who have been involved in it can even begin to comprehend the damage.

Date: May 10, 2015 12:00PM

Nightmare indeed!

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: August 10, 2015 05:32AM

Google
Download File - Reflections From the Wall
If that don't work, write in Reflections From the Wall, the walk of John Robert Stevens.

There is lots of interesting history of the Walk. I don't know how much of it is varified, but for me, someone that was only in the Walk for about 7 years from the middle seventies to the early eighties, it is interesting stuff and it certainly sounds right.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.