Current Page: 19 of 19
Re: Samael Aun Weor ("gnostic" cult)
Posted by: rogue80 ()
Date: June 12, 2010 08:02PM

It's my pleasure to share my experience and hope that others can see what kind of cult is the Gnostic Movement.

Keir
-"my Internal God, my Father who is within me, sent me"
What other conclusion is he implying here. Once again he rips off the New Testament where Jesus's remarked that "I(he) and the father are one..that his Father in Heaven sent me (him)......"
What is Samael Aun Weor implying? That he is like Jesus and that Jesus is God?!

Well, from what the leader said about this "master", it's because Samael lived a great spiritual process with the three factors death-birth-sacrifice and has gained powers/gifts/sanctification from the deities (or whatever superior powers). At the end of his life, in the book of "The Three Mountains", Samael claims that he's been "christified". Thus, by being a Christ, which doesn't mean necessarily that he is Jesus, nevertheless he is now considered to be equal to Him and he's now the savior of our era: the Aquarius era. According to the teachings, Jesus was the savior of the previous era: the Pisces era.

Like in the Bible, we can read that Jesus brings often the subject of his Father. The teachings of the Samael’s cult reveal that every living being has a Father, a Divine Mother and the Son but we're too low on consciousness. You can notice that it's the Trinity which is "borrowed" from the Christianity (more likely Father, Son and Holy Spirit which is said that the Church replaced Divine Mother with the latter term because of the low esteem toward the woman role in the spirituality) The Trinity is also interpreted as follow: positive, negative and neutral or also, active, passive and conciliator. So, if I’m correct (well, it's how I interpret all of this theory), when you integrated all of your Trinity with the work, the exercises and the mission, chances are that you’ll be in the way of the “christification”. And like Gurdjieff, you gain percentage of consciousness through your spiritual work. How it is calculated? We have never been told… it’s more likely to be really subjective and establish a hierarchy within the Gnostic cult. A big game where we’re all looking at the others and wondering how much we have of this percentage (who’s the best !!). At 100% of consciousness, you have incarnated your True Being/inner Being, which is part of the Trinity, and if you have been chosen by the deities, you will be “christified”.

So, Samael is the new “Christ” of our era, chosen by the superior powers/deities has incarnated the Trinity and, here I’ll take the words from “our” leader, even Jesus himself doesn’t have to interfere with his role.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 14, 2010 12:10PM

I just wanted to share the following post from another thread:
[forum.culteducation.com]

notanantiGnostic
Hi everyone I just I thought should write on a matter that has come to mind from time to time. I hope it will help others who may still be in the Gnostic Movement to think about this. It is obvious by the way the organization works, its heavy handy discipline against trouble makers and its complete inability to reform that there are more ex students then current students. The teachings really mess with your head. I only spent a few months fully involved in the nonsense that is pushed so I can't imagine what it must be like for those of you who spent years involved in the so called teachings. Just thought I would make a mention to anyone of you who might be out there who have left who are working on leaving, I am with you and I support you and I really wonder how you are doing.

By choosing to do something good for yourself and leave, you are doing nothing wrong and you have failed no test, despite what you may have been told. Any bad feelings you have are a result of undue influence. I am just starting to truly come out of it and I was only involved for 6 months and only heavily for a few months at the very end. I stopped just in time, before real damage happened to me and my life. I feel for you, you can do it. Also remember you are not becoming anti spiritual or anything like that to go against a lie that you got trapped into.

I hope this reaches you.

All the best

I second that.

I was in a Gnostic cult for about 4 years, I left the cult recently and I still see and hear the teaching through my head but I don't preach it. Just want it to make it stop or make it less annoying. I'm happy to have returned with my relatives and hope to continue through my life with my wife. I hope people who are still there will see the contradiction, the manipulation within their so called "family" in the cult.

Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: June 16, 2010 11:11AM

Rogue it is great to hear your account and testomony. Awesome name too btw. Your account is very well detailed and I find you have quite an understanding of the issues involved in groups that aim to spread the Samael Aun Weor teachings.

Date: June 16, 2010 11:39AM

It's a pleasure to share it. Plus, it's telling me that my wife and me were not alone to live this kind of situation. I'm very satisfied to have discovered this forum. Some people can see the scheme inside a cult and it's unfortunate that it goes in deaf ears when you try to discuss this subject with a cult member.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: June 21, 2010 10:52PM

(I wanted to add. That the historic usage of the term "cult" is different than with the modern usage of the term is.)

Posted by: PiscesRising ()
Date: August 06, 2010 05:00PM

I was a member of the online community, I never visted a center but I was part of the teachers course, and was in regular contact with other members for things like mantras and practice sessions of the techniques.
I was a member for over two years and was very active on the forums.
During that time I seriously contemplated leaving my husband because of the issue with alchemy, withdrew into myself, took all of the joy out of my life, and became very disconnected to everyone in my life because all I could see was devolution.
Two people tried to get through to me, telling me to consider the view that it's a cult. In the state I was in, nothing would have got through to me.

I count myself as lucky, that I did not waste anymore of my life in that place. I found an outlet, after searching to further my knowledge I got a glimse of the outside world and realised slowly that I had been part of a teaching that does not have any love in it.
All you need to do to see a gnostic teaching with love in it, is to read Omraam Mikhael Aivenhov. He teaches the truth about alchemy.
I'm lucky that I have a strong marriage which withstood what I was going through.

It's been a lesson about intuition for me. Intuition is something that can be reasoned away, which is what we have all done, those of us here who stayed longer than we should have.
Thankyou to all of you who have taken the time to post experiences, and do research to get the news out there.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 06, 2010 11:15PM

Pisces wrote:

I found an outlet, after searching to further my knowledge I got a glimse of the outside world and realised slowly that I had been part of a teaching that does not have any love in it.

Very many years ago, I was able to hear a share by a person who had been in Elizabeth Clare Prophet's Church Universal and Triumphant.

Our friend told us that her family managed to wait long enough that she woke up and got out. But they did something that helped her, and it didnt take the form of argument.

Part of it was a situation that was happenstance.

Our informant broke her leg while slaving away on one of the church's building projects. (They were preparing for disaster by creating underground bunkers)

The cult begrudged taking care of members who injured themselves in its service, so our buddy was shipped home to her family, much the way one throws an empty plastic bottle into the trash.

(So much for love and reciprocation of one's loyalty by a cult)

Our pal said she was pretty immobilized due to her leg being in a cast. Her family took care of her at home and they played a lot of card games and scrabble. (This was pre-internet).

Slowly, our buddy told us it began to dawn on her that for the first time she was actually playing and enjoying herself and HAVING FUN with people.

She'd not had anything like that while in the cult. A sense of purpose, yes. Team work, yes. Feeling privliged and saved, yes.

But fun and enjoyment in the human sense?

No.

That realization, aided by scrabble games with her family slowly prepared her to recognize what she did not have when with the Church Universal and Triumphant.

I'd say two ways to evaluate whether a relationship or a group is good for us is

* Can one play and not have it be thwarted or resented? An exploitative group or relationship wants to monopolize all attention and energy. Play is resented.

*Is your loyalty reciprocated?

When there is love, one can play and one's loyalty is reciprocated.

Date: October 27, 2010 12:35PM

Here is source, which we may have had before but i thought i would post it again in case I had missed it. Also I would recommend that people who may not be following it, check out what is going with the Mark Pritchard Discussion.

[books.google.ca]

Date: November 13, 2010 03:19PM

Here are some interesting links.

As strange as this one is there might be some useful bits of info.

[lyndonlarouchewatch.org]

I may have posted this before but I thought I would put this one down again.

[books.google.com]

[www.mundoandino.com]

Date: September 15, 2022 03:33PM

I know this is an old thread but if anyone is still active on this forum or comes across my post, I am a concerned friend of a member of gnosis. I never liked the messages they promoted from what he told me but they've started talking about the end of humanity and he's really buying into the messages. I think he's getting into the thick of it and he's about to join the more advanced inner circle. I'm worried for his mental health. Does anyone have advice or more information about the apocalyptic stuff? It seems like they have been making these predictions for decades but they're only now bringing it up, after he's been with them for a few of years. Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Current Page: 19 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.