Current Page: 11 of 19
Re: Samael Aun Weor ("gnostic" cult)
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: April 04, 2009 09:22AM

notanantiGnostic
...Of course it is a little tricky to find to find these sites as there are also many Spanish speaking people promoting his work.
They drown out any dissidents in their ranks and file.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mofason ()
Date: April 09, 2009 07:56PM

hello ive contributed to this site before but not against gnosis, i was more of the opinion dont judge the doctrine by the teachers that abuse it,
im not affilated to any group and have not been for years, but im really interested in the plageurism accusation, was this something that was proven and what did it involve can anyone tell me where to access this information,
many thanks in advance...

Posted by: mofason ()
Date: April 09, 2009 08:05PM

hi again, as a follow up to my last post, i was in a group for about 3 yrs at the end i was the only one attending, and then i left, if the forum users want any information about my time with gnosis and post any questions on the forum, with the administrators permission i will answer to the best of my ability and memory

Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: April 09, 2009 10:49PM

Hi mofason good to see you back here,

I am not the expert on the plagiarism issue but I have enough evidence to know it is there. If you have the patience, which I don't for this, it would be good to go through the writings of Samael Aun Weor and look for it. I have seen evidence of it also being there in some of his successors but that is less direct and more them clearly learning about something that is from another earthly source as it came from someone more popular than them and then claiming they thought it up or it came from the astral.

If you look at the works of the other occult/esoteric leaders of the time such as Helena Petrovna Blavatsky,Aleister Crowley,George Ivanovich Gurdjieff or
Peter D. Ouspensky and compare it to the writing of Victor Gomez alias Samael Aun Weor you will see that there is a lot of copying perhaps even in sentence structure, paragraph structure and not just ideas. Personally I know the plagiarism went on, I just don't know how extensive it was. When I was part of the Gnostic Movement, Mark Pritchard alias Belzebuub's group there would also be a few learned students at the early levels bringing it up with some good comparisons to one of the other writers. You can still probably find some of it there at Gnosticweb.com if you search for it.

Another thing that was done in the development of the "work" and the "teachings" was to take modern psychology/psychiatry use its ideas and than attack it. This is very similar to the behaviour of L Ron Hubbard and Scientology.

This is my best understanding of the matter, perhaps other can be more helpful.

Posted by: Quetzal ()
Date: April 16, 2009 12:49AM

Hi everyone,

I am the webmaster of La Gnosis Develada.

Indeed, we have collected all the articles that were originally posted in Sos Gnosis. On the other hand, I believe that there is a lot of new stuff that can be published against this sect that we are working on that.

Hopefully, it will benefit those people who are still searching for good info or just people whose lifes are ruined because of Samael.

As far as I know, there is no special mistery about why Sos Gnosis closed down. According to one of his webmaster it started as a game. There was no purpose to continue that work for a long time.

I wish we could have all the web resources available in English, maybe one day...

Greets.

Date: April 16, 2009 12:49AM

I am the webmaster of La Gnosis Develada.

Indeed, we have collected all the articles that were originally posted in Sos Gnosis. On the other hand, I believe that there is a lot of new stuff that can be published against this sect that we are working on that.

Hopefully, it will benefit those people who are still searching for good info or just people whose lifes are ruined because of Samael.

As far as I know, there is no special mistery about why Sos Gnosis closed down. According to one of his webmaster it started as a game. There was no purpose to continue that work for a long time.

I wish we could have all the web resources available in English, maybe one day...

Greets.

Date: April 23, 2009 02:17PM

Quetzal
IIndeed, we have collected all the articles that were originally posted in Sos Gnosis. I wish we could have all the web resources available in English, maybe one day...

Greets.
Theres no reason why it cant be posted in its Spanish form as there is translation services such as Bable Fish translator on yahoo.

Date: April 23, 2009 02:19PM

mofason
... i was more of the opinion dont judge the doctrine by the teachers that abuse it,
Not if the doctrine itself was rotten from the beginning.

Ever heard of that saying in the Bible about rotten trees bearing rotten fruits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2009 02:26PM by Keir.

Date: April 27, 2009 06:45PM

Keir
Quetzal
IIndeed, we have collected all the articles that were originally posted in Sos Gnosis. I wish we could have all the web resources available in English, maybe one day...

Greets.
Theres no reason why it cant be posted in its Spanish form as there is translation services such as Bable Fish translator on yahoo.

Hi Keir,

The problem is that most of what I post it is uploaded to Scribd because it offers a more comfortable way to read those long texts on your computer.

Unfortunately, if one uses google translator will get the whole page translated but "only the page", in other words it will be impossible to translate all the information which is on the pdf file uploaded.

Hopefully, we will start to add some stuff in English as long as it is requested.

Cheers

Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: April 27, 2009 10:12PM

Hi Quetzal some coordination will be required. Perhaps we should just translate it and post it here for now. I found it very hard to find any anti Weor writings because I all my searches came up with were pro Samael sites that used the word cult, usually with Victor Gomez aka Samael Aun Weor using the phrase cult of personality, which by the way sounds a lot like what he was doing.

Current Page: 11 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.