Current Page: 10 of 19
Re: Samael Aun Weor ("gnostic" cult)
Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: March 20, 2009 11:21AM

So I have something to report on the state of Gnosis-sos.org. I appears that the domain name is for sale, strange how it would get to that situation. Also there is a similar domain name that appears to possibly be for sale, Gnosis-sos.net. clearly it was also an anti weor site at one time as the former host brings up. Unfortunately I was not able to link to the owners.

For those who are not up on the story Gnosis-sos was once a website setup to discuss the problems of the teachings of Samael Aun Weor but it a appears to have been shut down by some unknown means and unknown circumstances.

I like that concept of Gnosis sos for a website name it gets the point across in a very well not going against the concept of Gnosis (or the word) but it speaks out against a particular use of the word.

Does anyone what happened to this website? It would be great to connect with the information they have and perhaps brainstorm about a future anit weor activity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2009 11:25AM by notanantiGnostic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 20, 2009 01:43PM

Alright so I have found some good sites for information about Samael Aun Weor groups by doing a google spanish search of Gnosis sos and copying the websites over to google english and doing a translation by having yahoo translator on my browser.

I will post both the translation and the Spanish original in case the translation doesn't transfer.

This is a really good post on an Spanish language anti cult website it includes an interview with someone who was quite knowledgeable about the "teachings", including the thoughts about Hitler.

[translate.google.ca]

investigacionsectas.galeon.com/productos1214759.html

Here is a place where there are some spanish blogs of discussion

[translate.google.ca]

[samaelgnosis.bligoo.com]

Here is some expert testamony.

[translate.google.ca]

[www.geocities.com]

Another forum chat

[translate.google.ca]

[www.top20.md]

So if anyone is interested in learning more about the problems the Samael Aun Weor teachings are causing in the Spanish world this technique really works. This lots of discussion going and yahoo or google translator seems to do the trick.

Date: March 23, 2009 03:08AM

I think I found the current form of Gnosis-sos.org. The wolf with the sheep over it is quite good and telling.

Translated

[translate.google.ca]

[lagnosisdevelada.foroactivo.net]

I haven't read enough to figure out why the first site went down, but I am sure the answer is there somewhere. I think the amount of Spanish speaking people now dealing with the problems of the Samael Aun Weor teachings is a pretty good indicator of what a problem he caused. Of course it is a little tricky to find to find these sites as there are also many Spanish speaking people promoting his work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2009 03:09AM by notanantiGnostic.

Posted by: msanchez ()
Date: March 24, 2009 05:44AM

Hey, I dunno if you speak spanish, but I'm actually trying to create a website against samael's doctrine. I was a member for 12yrs, I was a missionary and priest in this cult. I too can't find sos-gnosis.com I'm actually thinking in buying that domain and putting it back up, along with a comprehensive critique of samael's most influential books. I also want to include a thorough explanation of logical arguments, logical fallacy, scientific method, and maybe some quantum theory (just because I've begun to see them using this to promote their teachings)

I really do want to create this website in Spanish since there isn't any website or active forum where this information has been compiled like in sos-gnosis for spanish speakers.

So here's the idea I have. Create a website in which there would be a menu on the left, the home page would suggest that the reader starts from top to bottom in order to understand the argument against samael.

Home
Intro to Common Sense (here we would show them what are valid arguments and what are logical fallacies.)
Gnosis (here we could talk about the difference in the old gnosticism and samael's neo-gnosis)
Samael (here we will write a small biography, other authors that influenced him, etc)
Schism (here we would talk about all/most of the divisions after samael died)
Critique (this is where we would expose his contradictions, plagiarism, and critique some of his books)
Pseudo-Science (here we will critique samael's scientific statements like "monkeys came from humans, cancer is a bacteria called 'chancro', etc etc")
Debates (here we can include a forum style page where we would have debates with neo-gnostics (and destroy their arguments, LOL)

I'm thinking we could have sub-menus under the above mentioned ones, I really want it to be simple and straightforward with no sub-menus but I haven't decided yet.

I'm really just starting this out and looking around for some help and researching. Some days ago I found the cache of sos-gnosis through some cache website but I can't remember how I did it.

Date: March 24, 2009 10:37PM

Hi msanchez I hope you got my private message. Would you be able to tell us more about your experiences? Maybe what led you to leaving?

Date: March 25, 2009 01:53PM

I have found a pretty good source for the origins of Samael Aun weors teaching and how he was loosely linked to Arnoldo Krumm-Heller through one of his Colombian. This article also explains how Krumm-Heller was favourable to Nazi-style education during the war. This of course doesn't prove much but I think on one of the Spanish anti-Samael sites it has an article about this very matter. It would be quite possible to use the translate it with the yahoo translator but you need to go to the website and put sections of text. So far i am not motivated to do that.

[user.cyberlink.ch]

There is also a good book in German by F.W. Haack called "Europas neue Religion" (Zurich 1991, p. 42) that supposedly does a good job at attacking the teachings of Victor Manuel Gomez Rodriguez probably mostly from a Christian perspective. I have seen this book referenced a number of times it supposedly attacks a number of the cult members that were in Germany at the time. The author has since passed away.

Posted by: msanchez ()
Date: March 26, 2009 11:31PM

notanantiGnostic
Hi msanchez I hope you got my private message. Would you be able to tell us more about your experiences? Maybe what led you to leaving?

At that time I was living in venezuela, I became a member when I was 17 yrs old (the leader of this shoot-off was lakhsmi), went on to give classes and courses by the age of 18, I then went to the monastary and did the missionary course, got married, was consecrated as a priest and was sent off as a missionary through venezuela. My dad was living in USA and emailed me one day asking me if I could help him with his immigration paperwork, since I was born in the US and was a US citizen, I came to the US around 2004 and was assigned as a missionary in New Jersey, helping with the classes and what not. In 2008 I left the organization.

Since I started giving gnostic classes, I noticed that I, and many others, would leave things out because it was too complicated (read: contradictory), but I kept studying and giving classes. I noticed there were contradictions but always said to myself that it was me that wasn't comprehending it, that I need to study more, meditate more, practice more, etc. It wasn't until I was in the US where I had access to the internet 24/7 that I started reading stuff online. I became intrigued by the plagiarism case and was surprised to find out it was true, at first I thought it was BS or the famous "...no, no, you're taking it out of context, you're not understanding it..." reason, because they teach you that ANYTHING anybody says against the samael/gnosis is an ATTACK, it's not a valid intellectual argument, case or debate, for them it's an ATTACK, it's the forces of evil, the black lodge, attacking the master and his message. I didn't understand the whole thing until I started reading about logic, logical arguments, logical fallacies, then I saw through all samael's BS, it felt liberating to understand how one gets duped into accepting dogmas like samael's. It felt sooooo good, but then I felt depressed just thinking I had lost 12 yrs, no college education, no real world experience, no socializing experience, etc. I had missed out on so many things.

You see, in this cult they subtly tell you NOT to read anything else but samael's and lakhsmi's books, everything else is a waste of time. They don't tell you directly not to read other books, but when you ask or suggest that you are reading other books they say something like "have you reallly studied samael's books? have you really comprehended them? then why waste you time with external books?". They slowly start indoctrinating you the "us vs them" mentality by calling everything/everybody else "externals", by subtly teaching you to look down on 'externals'. The members are mostly scientifically ignorant people, by that I mean people that were never interested in studying atoms, the universe, dimensions, medicine, deep math, etc, but they somehow feel the sense of being intellectualy competent through samael's doctrine/pseudo-science. That's why their member say some crazy things only because samael said it.

They also teach you that humanity has no future, by calling them 'quaternary' (spanish:cuaternario) which means these people don't have any chance whatsoever to do an 'internal job' or 'self-realization'. They also teach you that we are in the end times, because we're in the age of Kali Yuga or Iron Age. The teach that humanity is going to be destroyed and that if seriuosly do our internal job we would be part of the next race, the next golden age. According to samael we have been getting worse, as a civilization, as time passes, but if they read a little bit about world history they'll find out we're actually better off now then before, so that statement has no evidence in it, which makes it invalid.

They also teach you to eliminate yourself, by this I mean depersonalization/derealization, they teach you to eliminate your ego, your personality, to deny yourself, I find this is the biggest problem, you become something like a shell, like there's nobody inside this person, no self expression, the person becomes exactly as the next member. The movie 'The Invasion" comes to mind, just replace the alien virus with this cult message, once you're infected you just become 'another one'.

In my 12 yrs I never had a mind blowing astral experience (like sharing the same dream), never seen or heard anything magical, no ghosts, entities or anything, nothing absolutely. A gnostic will quickly reply to that with "...maybe you didn't practice enough, maybe you didn't REALLY practice..." their reasoning is that there has to be something wrong with me/practitioner, either I or the student did it wrong or I didn't REALLY practice/meditate/conjure/____________(insert anything here), It's never the message, the method, or samael, that's out of the question, it's impossible that samael gave the wrong practice or the wrong explanation or that maybe it's all BS. That is the way gnostic are taught to reason when samael's doctrine doesn't show results.

Another reason they think that way is because they are taught that 'reason' is bad, 'thinking' is bad, I can still hear them tell me "...you're putting too much thought into it..." "...you're reasoning too much..." "...stop thinking about it and comprehend it with you heart..." <==== LOL, I love that last line (sarcasm), this is the line they love to use when something doesn't make sense at all.

Before I decided to leave, I once was talking to my wife, who is still in this cult, about the plagiarism and her 1st answer was "are you going to believe that other guy?" I was just speechles, I didn't say anything else, it just got me thinking how brainwashed they are. A couple of months later I spoke to my wife's sister about the plagiarism and she said "are you going to belive that other guy?", I also spoke to another member of the cult and gave me the same respond, I was shocked how they all gave me the exact initial response, then I exploded and called him a moron and other unpleasent names. LOL

Oh! how did I ever become part of this?

Re: Samael Aun Weor (&quot;gnostic&quot; cult)
Date: March 27, 2009 11:29PM

Thanks msanchez, your story is quite inspiring it tells me that just about anyone can leave these teachings.

So you were a follower of Teófilo Bustos García, alias Lakshmi. Interesting how he picked a spiritual name of Indian origin.

It is also interesting to see how varied these different Samaelean groups are. Essentially they are all spreading the same teachings but there are small difference. For me it may seem more different than it they actually are as I was involved in Mark Pritchard alias Belzebuub's Gnostic Movement, which I believe was the only order created by someone from the English speaking world and of British background.

All the stuff about being encouraged not read outside sources is quite similar except that Marks group is more about only taking in select media from outside sources. I think there may be an list of what not read or take in.

Another idea for categories to focus on would be to look at Samaels predictions that didn't come true, already. You are probably much more familiar with them but I remember coming across some where he predicted you would not be able to swim on any beaches in the world by 1990 or something like that. It was a good notice for me to see this when I read it.

Date: April 02, 2009 12:21PM

A little more on the history of the man who called himself Samael Aun Weor, Victor Gomez. It is said that the Rosicrucian group he was involved in was part of AMORC which is still seen as a suspect group.

Here are some links to help form this website.

[www.culteducation.com]

[forum.culteducation.com]

Interesting how one suspect group breads another and that breads another.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: April 04, 2009 09:19AM

msanchez
Hey, I dunno if you speak spanish, but I'm actually trying to create a website against samael's doctrine. I was a member for 12yrs, I was a missionary and priest in this cult. I too can't find sos-gnosis.com I'm actually thinking in buying that domain and putting it back up, along with a comprehensive critique of samael's most influential books. I also want to include a thorough explanation of logical arguments, logical fallacy, scientific method, and maybe some quantum theory (just because I've begun to see them using this to promote their teachings)
I'm glad you have join the forum Msanchez. More exmembers need to speak up but are afraid to.

Current Page: 10 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.