Current Page: 9 of 19
Re: Samael Aun Weor ("gnostic" cult)
Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: January 25, 2009 04:27AM

Just wanted to let you know I have started a forum to critique the works of Mark H. Pritchard who leads The Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb, in case anyone was interested.

There isn't any analysis of the books yet, just general comments but i will post more information shortly.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 25, 2009 09:27AM

I was just looking at wikipedia and it appears that there is a very one sided, pro Samaelean account of him there.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Just thought I should mention it, anyone interested should post edits.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: January 26, 2009 09:01AM

Actually about a few year ago there was a wiki article on samaelean gnostic movement. There was so much fanacticism and attacks from one sect to another that wikipedia staff had to close the entire artcle.
Seriously most people reading it would probably thought they were from another planet.

Date: January 26, 2009 09:52AM

I know what you mean my head is still a little stuffy from visiting Gnosticweb read something on their forums a few hours ago.

Date: January 29, 2009 04:21AM

I have realized that I have been spending too much time looking at the Gnostic Movement since leaving it. My motivation was a need to defend myself from what is implied about people who leave.

Today I am going to try to finish making my point to the best of my ability in the Mark Pritchard Post. Now I need to focus on moving on with my life, but I will monitor these forums to see if anyone who is leaving the teachings of Samael Aun Weor needs help and specifically if someone is moving away form The Gnostic Movement/GnosticWeb.

The process of writing here has really helped me to move on to a better place.

Recently I have come across two authors that seem to embody what i believe is a healthy modern approach to Gnosticism. I really like the writings of Joseph Campbell but it is somewhat better to read the writings of people who are part of our changing world.

Although I have not actually read much of their work I really enjoyed what each man had to say in some google videos. I wish I would have known about them back in October when I was moving away from the Gnostic movement or better yet back i May so I would have never approached them.

There names are Timothy Freke from the Uk and Tom Harpur from Canada. I believe Tom is an ex Anglican minister.

I will continue to be available if anyone needs help.

Date: February 19, 2009 12:18PM

Just found a video on Youtube of someone poking wholes in the teachings from an occult perspective. I think this is a good response to all Samael's statements of nonsense like "Alchemy is the real Occult science" and Pseudo-occultist, Nonsense like that. What this guy has to say is pretty good I think it could help a lot of people.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 12:33PM by notanantiGnostic.

Date: February 19, 2009 01:20PM

I have just found an excellent academic source on the Samael Aun Woer teachings. I have to figure the right program from Yahoo/google to translate it. It was originally written in Italian I will post it here but if you don't get the translation you use [babelfish.yahoo.com] or download the Yahoo toobar.

[translate.google.ca]

In case you have trouble here in it posted originally in Italian and you can do what you to translate it.

[www.cesnur.org]

Also it has been translated into English in a book that is not available online.

Mentioned here

[www.geocities.com]

Clarke, P. (ed.) (2006) Encyclopedia of New Religious Movements. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge

Personally I think this article is great because it is written by an unbiased sociologist who is not for or against the Samael Aun Weor teaching, yet he still delivers some damning evidence about Victor Gomez Rodríguez. This article clearly states that Victor first spiritual influence was not Theosophist but were Jesuits, in that he attended a Jesuit college. More proof of this would be quite helpful. It seems that his strict Catholic teachings from early life never left him and in my opinion it perverted his interpretation of the more liberal spiritual teachings he would later be exposed to, thus the origin of the sick and twisted teachings we have all seen. One thing we can credit Rodriguez with is an excellent academic ability considering the number of books he was able to write, this too he probably got from the Jesuits, as they are the most academic (and by the way worldly) of the catholic orders.

I hope this is helpful.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: March 06, 2009 09:30AM

Great find notanantiGnostic!

I agree. I dont think his Christian up bringing has ever left him and it perverted & slanted his view on all other spiritual religions he viewed.
In my opinion I think he was an ambitious man who always wanted to start his own organization from the beginning (starting with the F.R.A.) and was extremely envious of other organizations or spiritual leaders that he needed to diminish them all in some way. I honestly think he had some kind of pathological disorder.

Date: March 09, 2009 09:40AM

For those who need help I would say that Samael Aun Weor's writings either a complete copy or a perversion of the writings of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky,Aleister Crowley,George Ivanovich Gurdjieff or
Peter D. Ouspensky.

You can find a great amount of copying from these people, also he did of course pervert the teachings of Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Physics and psychology. All of these influences were of course perverted. You should be able to see by looking at these sources that just about nothing was original in his work and what was original, like the demons tail going down to hell is garbage.

Date: March 10, 2009 11:34PM

I have discovered have two websites to share each about a different one of the man that claimed to be a master.

First I have a page that is only in spanish but hopefully the translation carries over or you can find the program to do so. it is about Luis Palacios Acosta who claims to be Toth Moses. Which essentially means he is claiming to be an ancient Egyptian Phoroah and the Moses of the Bible. He was kicked out of Rabolus New Movement and wrote an fake copy of the book Rebel Eagle.

[translate.google.ca]

I think this article is talking about him having a sex cult or it may also be that they are just upset with him for being gay, it isn't clear.

Also I was trying to find out if this is the same Ernesto Baron who left the Samael Aun Weor teachings but did claim to be a master. It is likely since he is now pimping the same general new age nonsense just without the judgemental attitude from what I see so far.

[www.ernestobaron.com]

I was looking into this mostly for interest but also to see how far this Samael Aun Weor mess has gone.

Current Page: 9 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.