Current Page: 6 of 19
Re: Samael Aun Weor ("gnostic" cult)
Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: December 05, 2008 04:53AM

I am trying to figure out how to help spread the word about the dangers of the Gnostic movement and to a certain degree other Samaelean Gnostic groups. This is the only cult awareness website that has information, and it still needs an info page for these matters.

If anyone has suggestions about how to spread the news on them that would be great.

I have come to believe that their weakest point is their misuse of spiritual terminology and their misinformation about the origins or their "devine" leaders, Victor Gomez (Samael Aun Weor) and Mark Pritchard (Bezelbuub).

The terms they tend to misuse (off the top of my head) are Awareness, Intuition, Kundalini, Kundabuffer, Karma and Dharma. It is hard to find any real information about their leader or past leaders so the strongest thing to do seems to show that how they are misusing other peoples ideas and perhaps promoting knowledge of how they fit the definition of a cult by the their practices.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: December 17, 2008 05:59AM

The best way to to spread the word around is to create a website or blog to let the public know.
Be warn they will try to spam the website's email and try to get the site shut down. (Typically these fanatics will try to drown out any criticism of them.)

There use to be a site called comething like "GNOSIS- SOS"
I do not know what happen to it. I presume it was shut down.

There are quite a number of Samael splinter group cultish organizations. Gomez, Pritchard, ...etc. is only the tip of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 06:14AM by Keir.

Date: December 17, 2008 06:24AM

Link to a related post here.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 06:24AM by Keir.

Date: December 17, 2008 08:01AM

Thanks Keir,

That information really helps. I was wondering how safe it is to post here? If I put information that Gnostic Movement members don't like on this forum do they have a way to take it down? I mean of course as long as I follow all the rules here will what i post stay here, even if they don't like it?

At the moment this forum seems to be the safest place, unless a group of us Anti-Samaeleans (I use that term because they call use anti-Gnostics and that really offends me) come together to create another website.

I will probably not post for the next month as I am trying to get my life together and not think about their nonsense. However if anyone needs help finding information about the Gnostic Movement specifically I can probably help. The most valuable asset I have, in addition to my experience is owning the final book, which you need isn't easy to get. I would like to quote some of it here in the future, because it reveals what a sick group they are.

The first teachings make the group the seem like a spiritual group of people who are open and understanding of all spiritualities of the world and then the final teachings and then the final teaching states that all other paths are created directly or indirectly by evil forces and that only Mark Pritchards with worthing of teaching anyone. It is a striking contrast.

So if anyone needs more information or details please post here I will see what I do for you.

All the best

Date: December 22, 2008 10:30PM

I hope this is ok to write here.

Mark Pritchard claims that he is a devine master, the only living, teaching devine master also that to deny and/or reject a devine master will put you in a state that you can never awaken spiritually. He also claims to be the reincarnation essentially of Belzebuub the head of the demons who has been brought back to the side of good.

This is based on crazy book written by Victor Gomez (the one who called himself Samael Aun Weor) called The revolution of Belzebuub, published in 1950, in which he frees Belzebuub from the demons and Belzebuub is supposed to be reborn as a nice kind young girl in France. No account is made for it happening any later then right away, Mark Pritchard was born 14 years later. He makes up excuses for the discrepencies and basically claims that Samael was wrong and made mistakes. Strange he would attack the foundation of his own teachings. Wales was confused for France because of the ancient Celtic language.

It is obvious that Victor Gomez read a lot of Georges Ivanovitch Gurdjieff and in the 1950 he wrote a book called All and Everything Or Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson. Gurdjieff was clearly the famous one at the time. It is safe to go out on a limb and say that Gomez was inspired by Gurdjieff. Having not read Gurdjieff I can only assume the inspiration is only in the title of the books. Non the less this helps to show the worldliness of his ideas and teachings.

Personally I think it is nuts to think of Belzebuub (which ever spelling you like) as ever being a real person. It is easy to see just by googling Belzebuub or Belzebub or Belzeboob that he is an amalgamation of middle eastern gods that the early Jews were competing for influence.

Having this explanation I would like to state that I do not reject Belzebuub because there is no one to reject, just as I did not reject Santa Claus at the age of ten, However I do reject Mark Pritchard, the Cult leader and Fanatic.

Please allow this on I think it might help others.

Posted by: mofason ()
Date: December 29, 2008 02:19PM

Hi again, posted few days back, dont see it here, is that technical probs or is it because it had to be read by moderator and its christmass time so mod has a few days off, thanks

Date: January 06, 2009 07:59AM

notanantiGnostic
Thanks Keir,

That information really helps. I was wondering how safe it is to post here? If I put information that Gnostic Movement members don't like on this forum do they have a way to take it down? I mean of course as long as I follow all the rules here will what i post stay here, even if they don't like it?
Its pretty safe. (Just remember to state its "alledge" or from "personal experience" or "persoanl opinion").
Other than that they cant do much. They will try to high jack threads or drown out ex-members from speaking. The mods will deal with them.
There are hundreds of groups that dont like what is being said about them here. Rick Ross and associates deal with them all the time.
Dont let them try to intimidate you into silence. This is exactly what they want. Be free to exercise your right of free speech. There are two sides of the coin of any group. Only oppressors & tyrants will try to silence you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2009 08:07AM by Keir.

Date: January 08, 2009 03:37AM

Thanks for the encouragement Keir,

From what you say I really think I like what is going here, also just noticing today that there is quite a momentum of people writing about Samaelean Gnostics here is a positive sign.

It is an interesting feeling for me right now that I want to go and try to convince certain people who are involve with the Gnostic Movement of their foulishness, but I am sure it is just a waste of time and it is better to just try to help put out a general warning about the Gnostic Movement and Mark Pritchard (who calls himself Bezlebuub).

I am thinking about writing a detailed critique of Mark Pritchard's (Bezlebuub) books and I would like to post them on this site. Should that be done in this forum or should I start another one?

Thanks

Date: January 14, 2009 09:28AM

notanantiGnostic
I am thinking about writing a detailed critique of Mark Pritchard's (Bezlebuub) books and I would like to post them on this site. Should that be done in this forum or should I start another one?

Thanks
Maybe it my be better as a seperate post. Bezlebuub is only One of the problems. There are many many others including Weor who are the heart of the problem.

Date: January 14, 2009 10:00AM

Hi Keir,

I agree with you, that it is better to create a seperate post. I will put a link here and notice once I start the post, in regards to Mark Pritchard (who calls himself Belzebuub).

It would also be good if we could create a network of ex Samaeleans, to support each other in a quest to find what we were really looking for when we got into Victor Gomez's (Samael Aun Weor) garbage teaching. Those involved in his teachings may hate one another, but those who have left it can come together.

In case anyone is wondering why I use the name Not an anti Gnostic, it is because I like to highlight the fact that Samaeleanism is not very much like the teachings of the ancient Gnostics. As Victor Gomez is obsessed with lust the ancient Gnostics were more concerned with their inner psyche. They even had (or perhaps have) a concept of a devine mother that was a whore but was still pure despite, because her purity was so pure. Really unfortunate that the teachings of Victor Gomez (Samael Aun Woer) would discourage people from exploring this early variation on Christianity. If anyone is interested most of the writings in Nag Hamadi are not really Gnostic put monastic or ascetic in origin, at least according to the scholars.

Current Page: 6 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.