any seriuos comments on SAHAJA YOGA?
Posted by: bumstein ()
Date: March 06, 2005 02:10AM

hi,

i'm interested to hear any comments about the your experience connected to SaHAJA YOGA and Sri Mataji. and all that gang.

thanks

p

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: March 06, 2005 10:17AM

A quick Google turned up this...

[www.kheper.net]

Date: March 06, 2005 09:02PM

thanks.

that tells something usefull.

maybe any thoughts how long it is safe to saty in sahaja?

when the shit comes out? or maybe it's even impossible
to draw a border.

a

Posted by: Wordgirl ()
Date: March 10, 2005 11:30PM

There is no safe amount of time to stay in SY. It sucks you in slowly and deliberatly. 20 years ago I thought I'd check it out for a few weeks.

I wound up trapped in that cult for 10 years. A colossal waste of time and money.

Date: March 10, 2005 11:57PM

dear worldgirl,

my good friend is in Sahaja Yoga. what do you recommend me to do?

maybe few words?

a

Date: March 11, 2005 12:01AM

please tell me about the phenomena of vibrations.

you were inside, so you are the best to tell.

is there something real? or just natural body sensation treated in a wrong way?

well...

Date: March 11, 2005 09:41AM

Bumstein, I can't tell you what to do about your friend. You say you are dear friends. Maybe if you're that close, you can be very blunt with your friend and say you are concerned that s/he is in a cult. You can print out pages from the links I gave you.

Beyond that, there may not be anything you can do but to be there in the end, as a dear friend, if/when your friend sees that Sahaja Yoga is a con.

Date: March 11, 2005 10:00AM

Some people believe the vibrations Sahaja Yogis say they feel on their fingertips and on the palm of their hands are real even long after they've been out of the cult. They believe they feel a cool breeze, which they claim to be a divine wind of spiritual connection (or "realization"). They also think they can feel "catches" on the "chakras" of other people. Supposedly this manifests itself as heat or pain on the fingers.

I believe Sahaja Yoga uses a sophisticated form of hypnosis and/or brainwashing to plant an idea that is unproveable (or at least has never been subject to scientific proof) in the heads of its devotees.

The guru, Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, speaks in a droning voice. Slow Indian music, with lots of sustained notes often plays during meditations. Sahaja Yogis get little sleep. They are always doing work for the cult. Or meditating or worshipping their goddess, Mataji.

No one enters the cult knowing it's cult. Some have yet to realize that they've wasted 20 or 30 years of their life funding the lavish lifestyle of the Guru.

People in Sahaja Yoga believe they feel things when they sit in meditation--especially a "collective" meditation, where there are hundreds of other Sahaja Yogis. But not everybody feels the same thing. And Sahaja Yoga will try to tell you that you will become a master--able to do great things--including heal other people! No proof exists of any actual healings taking place.

As a Sahaja Yogi, I used to believe this stuff. But never quite 100%. There was always about 10 or 20% of me that felt I was ignoring a lot of alarms going off in my head. So maybe, unless you're able to believe 100%, there is hope for any cult member to extract himself from Cult Sahaja Yoga.

The vibrations are not real. They have never been proven, under scientific conditions, to exist. The guru has never agreed to subject her theories and methods to scientific examination. In fact she gets angry when asked about proof. She avoids the question invoking the wrath of whatever deity she's claiming to be that week.

There is no scientific proof kundalini exists. The same goes for chakras, nadis and vibrations.

Posted by: jonas ()
Date: October 29, 2006 02:32AM

gerai cia bumsteina parasei :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.