Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Drusilla ()
Date: July 25, 2020 08:27AM

pkranch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just read the $cientology, Astra Woodcraft piece.
> She keeps saying things that I said about the $oka
> Gakkai (N$A) CultOrg. growing up in it:
>
> "I hated it."
>
> "It's ridiculous."
>
> ""If you're not raised in [it], this all sounds
> *crazy. But when you're brought up in it, it's all
> you know," she said. "You think there's something
> wrong with you for wanting to leave."
>
> Read more:
> [www.sfgate.com]
>
> *Crazy = the magic chant, the magic paper scroll,
> "Forever Sensei" songs, 5 story human pyramid
> towers, white milkman/Saturday Night Fever
> uniforms, brass band Libery-Minute-Man costumes
> with tri-cornered hats, "AAO!", "HAI!!!",
> caucasian members speaking like English as a
> second language people with Japanese accents,
> sansho-shima devils hiding around every corner,
> daimoku charts, "determinations", "experiences",
> going to complete (ignorant) strangers for
> "guidance", chanting as a group into a corner (or
> facing the head temple, when in Japan) especially
> before big "meetings", having to do the ritual and
> superstitious prayers twice a day (30 minutes in
> the morning, 15-20 in the evening), everyday of
> your life, PLUS "abundant" daimoku (extra magic
> chant), chanting tosos (marathon 24-48 sessions) .
> . . . . . . . and I could go on and on.
>
> Yup. I can definitely relate.
>
>
> - Hitch

LMAO.

Hitch, I hope someday you come back to the message board.

I was laughing my head off at the above comment.

I think I may know you too.

Posted by: Bobby ()
Date: July 28, 2020 04:49AM

My first of many post to come. Fortune Baby! Ha! How hard was it for a young teenager to go knocking on doors during the great PAC-MAN campaign? How embarrassing was it to see my school mates open the door and me standing there with an older YMD trying to convince them about the true law? Not to mention this was in the 70's-80's and I was a young half Asian(WWII still fresh, Vietnam, & the Koren War...etc). Not only persecuted for my ancestry, but now my belief in the "True Law". I held my head up high. Took it on the chin. I'll get the last laugh! I'm building fortune for my future! My leaders told me I was making such wonderful causes for my future. They all said when I'm in my 30'and 40's I'll be reaping great benefits! ........anybody hear those crickets? I've been away for some time now, but just now getting around to investigating my feelings. I always thought the great Ikeda was making money off of the members, but had no idea how much money. My goodness. What a crook. My poor mom still gives all she can every time the yearly donations come around.

-Aggravated(keeping it civil)

Date: July 28, 2020 09:19AM

Hey there fellow fortune baby.

My folks joined in 1970, so I was raised in it.

Never had any of my significant prayers answered.

Did Drill Dance, performed all over the USA, building fortune, so they said.

We were lied to.

Ikeda is a rich, scumbag con artist.

Posted by: Bobby ()
Date: July 28, 2020 10:26AM

Drusilla,

I want what I never had. My youth was spent in the Junior Pioneers, then the Brass Band, the Gymnastics, Toban, YMD, District meetings, Chapter meetings,HQ meetings and countless daimoku tosos & Kosen Rufu Gongyos. I went to Dallas, New York, L.A. and Chicago on those darn buses. My parents held district and chapter meetings at our house with all the windows open so everyone in the neighborhood could hear us chanting. My dad would ring the bell so loud. I went through so much ridicule from the neighborhood kids. They would ride their bikes in front of our house and make fun of me. I left for the Army a few years into college and after several years I returned and some of my old class mates were like, you're that guy, the Buddhist? right? I thought to myself "Wow! that's what I'm remembered as?". Not the quarterback, the geek in the chess club or the guy on the baseball team(normal). I was the Buddhist(ad-normal).

No! That up bringing didn't effect my future at all. I wasn't judged, passed up, held back or suffer any self confidence issues. I felt like I was a reject. Did I come out OK in the end? Sure, I ended up OK. I do wonder how I would have turned out if I wasn't brainwashed all those years. Talk about making a bad cause..... Shame on you Ikeda. What? it doesn't work that way for you, you wise and all knowing narcissist.

Sorry for the rant.
Still waiting to cash in those good causes I made. Oh, I'm not doing it right. I must need guidance. Maybe a home visitation would help.

Date: July 28, 2020 08:18PM

I know, with all those causes,you should be living the dream right?

Damn them.

Ikeda is a mastermind of a con artist.

I've been telling everyone I know about this horrible cult.

Blasted it out on Twitter, in real life, on Reddit.

Speaking of Reddit, there is a sub there for ex members.

[www.reddit.com]

I have found it a great support system.

Date: April 28, 2022 11:29PM

Hey, y'all! That's right, I'm *still* taiten and proud - "No longer advancing in the wrong direction!" When this board went off line in early 2013, a couple of people I'd met here and I created our own reddit site - Drusilla linked to it, but here it is again: [www.reddit.com]

...and you're all *invited!* Please feel free to stop on by and see what's going on!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.