Re: Gakkai Kool-Aid
Posted by: sleepy skunk ()
Date: February 20, 2013 10:57PM

Hitch
The $cientology Cult has its "Operating Thetan" (OT) levels (I-VIII), [en.wikipedia.org] and ...

The $oka Gakkai International (USA-branch) has its "YOUTH!" 2030 "Buddha System Levels (I-IV) -

I. Hope - is just like a flower [www.youtube.com]

II. World Peace - we all "own" it [www.youtube.com]

III. Friendship - true friendship is a relationship [www.youtube.com]

IV. Courage - a powerful asset [www.youtube.com]

"Chant Fast, Chant Strong! Learn the system."

And it sounds just as meaningless.

On that note:
Brainwashed "YOUTH!" self-tozan to Gakkai Cult HQ. ($oka Bunka Kaikan under construction, mentioned in my earlier post) in Shinanomachi-Shinjuku and recites a hardcore cultic poem [www.youtube.com], overflowing with cult-speak, YMD classic cult behavior, speech inflection and mannerisms.

Quintessential Gakkai Cult YMD indoctrination (the above poem).

KANPAI!! >> XL Ice Cold Glass of Extra-Sweetened Gakkai Kool-Aid << KANPAI!! "Refreshing, indeed!!"

- Hitch
Holy Spiccoli, what in the hell was that? It does indeed reek of Scientology. Damn! It looks like the lot of us who have left did so just in time. Note that this is happening in the USA according to the last video link. Is there any more information? I did a websearch and found nothing but the links in YouTube you provided, I'd really like to find out more. Plus it could be useful for all who are here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2013 11:25PM by sleepy skunk.

Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: February 20, 2013 11:49PM

TaitenAndProud

Consequently, I'm happy to report that I no longer feel the same flood of guilt and self-denegration for having been so gullible and consequently used/abused. - Spartacus
That ^ is part of the conditioning - you *must* stay in, or you will be crushed with guilt and remorse!

This is powerful manipulation - do not underestimate, and do not blame yourself. If you can see it for what it is, it can no longer drive you to doubt yourself. Someone can say ugly things about you, but that doesn't define you - it only reveals THEM to YOU. No one can define you - only you can do that. So don't let someone else feed you an unpleasant definition and embrace it as your reality!

It is my conviction that the membership are good hearted and well intentioned; their only flaw is that they are perhaps gullible, too willing to believe what is being told to them. Most of them, from our experiences here, were/are vulnerable, damaged, hurting people, seeking solace and healing within a "value-creating society". That is a virtuous ideal! They don't realize it's a con! I would not insult or condemn their idealism, even their naivité. They're all doing their best, just as we are. If we could have done differently, better, earlier, we would have. Naturally! At every moment, each of us is doing the best he can. And back then, we were doing our best then, too. "A gentle healing for us all" starts with each of us, embracing our path and what our lives have consisted of. If it weren't for each of these details, we couldn't be who we are today. I hope everyone here likes who they are today enough to accept that it took every single event in the past to create *this* person we are today.

Very insightful comments, T&P. You could be talking about many different groups there. In the discussion about whether or not the general members are/were just as evil/bad as the upper echelon leaders, I see many simularities between cult (religious) control and our country's geopolitical (military) invasions/occupations/disruptions of foreign countries to control and plunder local resources (what are they doing sitting on OUR oil anyway?), and to implement central banking policies (meaning the ultimate control of any country, and eventually all countries).

The nature of War cults and Religious cults are interchangable. In both instances, fresh faces/recruits that are either ignorant of, and/or in denial about the underlying truth about religious/war cults are fed intense propagana to entice specific viewpoints and feelings, which are then emotionally reinforced to block out higher mental functions and reasoning. Various perks are dangled like bait to lure the mark, who has already been conditioned to wholeheartedly accept the mountain of lies, distortions, and misdirections into the religion/war cult. Then all sorts of psyops (like guilt, peer pressure, authority/father figures, sleep deprivation, isolation, etc) are employed to keep the mark snookered and hooked into providing continued service to the high and mighty's well hidden agendas of power and greed. But in time, eventually some of the marks begin to see behind the curtain and start asking hard questions that get them labeled as subversive and dangerous. Ostrasization, repression, and even retribution begin if the mark dares to speak out too loudly against the gut-wrenching, soul crushing religious/military cult machines.

So, are the members/soldiers to be blamed for the agenda of the elite? They are indeed the ones who faithfully carry out the mission designed to exclusively benefit the elite planners quests. Should equal guilt be assigned to every participant, even those who were no more than unwitting pawns in a religious/military leader's game of power? No human is perfect, so why fault those who were naively trying to do their best equally with the scum leaders that purposefully suck the lifeblood of the people away? Don't common people deserve a chance to redeem themselves - especially when they have realized the error of their ways in supporting a cult?

Luckily, rebels are sometimes born from duped slaves, who through education and activism, eventually return to fearlessly attack and destroy the roots of so much needless suffering. Suffering fostered by both individuals and by institutions of injustice and greed, whose sole aim is the further aquisition of power and money. And so the rebel frees himself from his/her self-imposed slavery and addiction to the religious/war cult, and then strives to free those who remain in servitude to the machine. Oh yeah, isn't relieving the common people of the their suffering the mission of the Buddha?

As I said, I'm no longer suffering any guilt (from being a senior leader in a cult organization - I wisely refused to ever participate or support ANY war). I have paid my karmic dues in full for any harm that I may have caused as a cult leader, both to myself and to others. But let me be clear about this to everyone; guilt, ego, and base desires are like super weapons in the cult arsenal. All are insidious psychological WMDs. They are used to cloud the mind with emotions and desires, to open the mind to external suggestions and manipulations. They also function as a key to opening up your wallet up to the cult leader's/war profiteers' coffers.

So was I (were we) victim, or not? How about unknowing victims? What if you are unaware that you are being victimized? Can it still be claimed that you "allowed" abuse to happen? If one becomes the victim of a violent crime or physical attack, does one "take responsibility" because "your karma made them (the criminal offender in this case) act that way"? Isn't this what we were programmed to believe in the silent prayers? Using this logic, perhaps one should serve out the prison sentence of the perp, or pay his legal fines. I believe that I stopped being a victim shortly after realizied I was being victimized by the SGcult. Now it is our turn to help those still caught up in the jaws of the cult machines.

For those not ruled by a sociopathic nature, once one has become aware of wrongdoing, there is born an obligation to make a change. A change in oneself that ends any further partcipation in said wrongdoings. Or, at an even deeper level, a commitment to challange the status quo by standing up and speaking out against injustice. IMO when we become aware, that is the moment when it becomes totally our own responsibility to end any further vicitimization. If one attempts no effort, makes no action to rectify oppression and to contribute to making changes, then one becomes no different than those who are his oppressors.

In later years, I eventually pioneered and fostered the concept of practicing with the organization as a "positionless leader". I came to realize that good things could be done without a mantle of postion from the organization/cult. I attempted to change things from within. I wanted to fight all the power and greed with compassion and love. But the cult system is designed to dominate and subjugate - AND most importantly, to make a $$$billions for the top dog while providing nice perks for his minions. Eventually, I had to admit this plan was flawed, for a broken and corrupt system cannot be reformed from within.

As the Buddha said, "you could never hurt another if you truely love yourself." Let me turn that phrase around - "you could never hate another unless you first hate yourself." Once again, I ask for one thing - let the gentle healing begin and continue, until heaven springs forth from our lives and spreads out through real compassion to all who may be still be suffering from the evil twin cults of religion and war.

Spartacus

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: February 21, 2013 04:36AM

The nature of War cults and Religious cults are interchangable. In both instances, fresh faces/recruits that are either ignorant of, and/or in denial about the underlying truth about religious/war cults are fed intense propagana to entice specific viewpoints and feelings, which are then emotionally reinforced to block out higher mental functions and reasoning. Various perks are dangled like bait to lure the mark, who has already been conditioned to wholeheartedly accept the mountain of lies, distortions, and misdirections into the religion/war cult. Then all sorts of psyops (like guilt, peer pressure, authority/father figures, sleep deprivation, isolation, etc) are employed to keep the mark snookered and hooked into providing continued service to the high and mighty's well hidden agendas of power and greed. But in time, eventually some of the marks begin to see behind the curtain and start asking hard questions that get them labeled as subversive and dangerous. Ostrasization, repression, and even retribution begin if the mark dares to speak out too loudly against the gut-wrenching, soul crushing religious/military cult machines.

OMG!! Yes yes yes!! That's *exactly* what I'm talking about!!

So, are the members/soldiers to be blamed for the agenda of the elite? They are indeed the ones who faithfully carry out the mission designed to exclusively benefit the elite planners quests. Should equal guilt be assigned to every participant, even those who were no more than unwitting pawns in a religious/military leader's game of power? No human is perfect, so why fault those who were naively trying to do their best equally with the scum leaders that purposefully suck the lifeblood of the people away? Don't common people deserve a chance to redeem themselves - especially when they have realized the error of their ways in supporting a cult?

Precisely!! Perfect analogy!! I am VERY against the USA's imperialistic aggression around the world AND against what our soldiers are doing overseas, but what I want is for our soldiers to be brought home, out of harm's way, and provided with the medical care they need - our treatment of our military is deplorable. Some of these guys with serious injuries have to wait 2 years for help - and it has been revealed that there is a program to delay benefits in hope that the veteran will die and thus save the government the need to pay them out at all! But I digress...my point is that while I don't like the military and I would be *terribly* disappointed if either of my children planned to join, I feel the "worker bees" are being taken advantage of, manipulated, and used.

Oh yeah, isn't relieving the common people of the their suffering the mission of the Buddha?

Yep :D

So was I (were we) victim, or not? How about unknowing victims? What if you are unaware that you are being victimized? Can it still be claimed that you "allowed" abuse to happen? If one becomes the victim of a violent crime or physical attack, does one "take responsibility" because "your karma made them (the criminal offender in this case) act that way"? Isn't this what we were programmed to believe in the silent prayers? Using this logic, perhaps one should serve out the prison sentence of the perp, or pay his legal fines. I believe that I stopped being a victim shortly after realizied I was being victimized by the SGcult. Now it is our turn to help those still caught up in the jaws of the cult machines.

Again, I completely agree. I believe the members are being taken advantage of - they do not realize they're being duped and used. So they're victims without realizing they're being abused. That happens, you know - an abused spouse will typically not recognize the manipulative, isolating behavior of the abuser as abusive, instead characterizing it as "concern" or even "being so in love he wants me all to himself". And lonely people really lap up all that attention - one of the main reasons for joining an organization - any organization - is being lonely, after all. Hardly a crime!

IMO when we become aware, that is the moment when it becomes totally our own responsibility to end any further vicitimization. If one attempts no effort, makes no action to rectify oppression and to contribute to making changes, then one becomes no different than those who are his oppressors.

I was the only person I knew in the SGI who was aware, which is why I had to leave. Thus, I can't condemn any of the other members - they simply weren't/aren't there yet.

In later years, I eventually pioneered and fostered the concept of practicing with the organization as a "positionless leader". I came to realize that good things could be done without a mantle of postion from the organization/cult. I attempted to change things from within. I wanted to fight all the power and greed with compassion and love.

I would like to hear more about this phase. I tried to do the same thing within Soka Spirit, to some effect, keep the focus on the humanity of the danto members and on concern for their happiness (which at that time I felt was still more likely through the SGI) and to save them from being manipulated/abused by the priests. Ha ha ha, right?

As the Buddha said, "you could never hurt another if you truely love yourself." Let me turn that phrase around - "you could never hate another unless you first hate yourself." Once again, I ask for one thing - let the gentle healing begin and continue, until heaven springs forth from our lives and spreads out through real compassion to all who may be still be suffering from the evil twin cults of religion and war.

Nicely put. I have identified these ills as the consequence of civilization. Though much that is wonderful and beautiful can be credited to civilization, so can the ills of slavery, the authoritarian belief systems that manipulate and enslave, the effective "caste" system where more and more $$$billions are funneled to the wealthiest in our society while those who work for minimum wage cannot possibly survive on just one full-time job, and the kleptocrat classes that wield all the power and run things to their own satisfaction. But again, I digress. Thanks for another great post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2013 04:39AM by TaitenAndProud.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: February 21, 2013 05:19AM

sleepy skunk
Hitch
The $cientology Cult has its "Operating Thetan" (OT) levels (I-VIII), [en.wikipedia.org] and ...

The $oka Gakkai International (USA-branch) has its "YOUTH!" 2030 "Buddha System Levels (I-IV) -

I. Hope - is just like a flower [www.youtube.com]

II. World Peace - we all "own" it [www.youtube.com]

III. Friendship - true friendship is a relationship [www.youtube.com]

IV. Courage - a powerful asset [www.youtube.com]

"Chant Fast, Chant Strong! Learn the system."

And it sounds just as meaningless.

On that note:
Brainwashed "YOUTH!" self-tozan to Gakkai Cult HQ. ($oka Bunka Kaikan under construction, mentioned in my earlier post) in Shinanomachi-Shinjuku and recites a hardcore cultic poem [www.youtube.com], overflowing with cult-speak, YMD classic cult behavior, speech inflection and mannerisms.

Quintessential Gakkai Cult YMD indoctrination (the above poem).

KANPAI!! >> XL Ice Cold Glass of Extra-Sweetened Gakkai Kool-Aid << KANPAI!! "Refreshing, indeed!!"

- Hitch

Holy Spiccoli, what in the hell was that? It does indeed reek of Scientology. Damn! It looks like the lot of us who have left did so just in time. Note that this is happening in the USA according to the last video link. Is there any more information? I did a websearch and found nothing but the links in YouTube you provided, I'd really like to find out more. Plus it could be useful for all who are here.

That is gakkai (specifically, "YOUTH!") Looney-Tunes.

The "YOUTH!" area that I grew up in was probably one of the most hardcore gakkai cult areas in the U.S., so that's pretty standard fare and I've even seen more off-the-chart stuff in hardcore inner circle groups.

The "Buddha System Levels" was a gimmick used for a "YOUTH!" mtg. and promotion, but I'm sure the principles were elaborated on during the actual event. They key clip is really the "Robert Poem" recitation in the heart of gakkai cult town, in front of a new cult bldg., in the motherland. I've always said that you get a pretty extreme manipulation going on in the gakkai cult "YOUTH!" division; it's only possible because of a volatile mixture of key elements that are ripe for exploiting and stirring up (youthful ignorance, youthful energy, youthful naivete and "empty" youthful tabulae rasae to imprint on). When the imprinting indoctrination takes and sticks, even if only in a minority of members, it's a potent and valuable tool, essentially enslaving one to the cult org. for life (and quite possibly, more than one generation).

The $oka Gakkai (International) is a pseudo-buddhist cult of a rich (slick and slippery, too) Japanese con-man, who has beat religion (specifically the Nichiren Shoshu priesthood) at its own game. In the last two decades, it has slowly morphed more and more into a blatant self-glorification Ikeda Looney-Tunes show (it was always there, but not on steroids, and so out in the open, like it is now).

- Hitch

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: February 21, 2013 06:00AM

The "YOUTH!" area that I grew up in was probably one of the most hardcore gakkai cult areas in the U.S., so that's pretty standard fare and I've even seen more off-the-chart stuff in hardcore inner circle groups.

The "Buddha System Levels" was a gimmick used for a "YOUTH!" mtg. and promotion, but I'm sure the principles were elaborated on during the actual event.
Hitch, what time frame are you talking about? When did this "Buddha System Levels" wackiness start?? How long have you been out? I know you were a "fortune baby" - when were you born, if I might ask? I've been out of the Youth division since 1992, so all this is pretty new to me :/

Edit: Oh, and the "acting"? BARF!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2013 06:16AM by TaitenAndProud.

Posted by: sleepy skunk ()
Date: February 21, 2013 09:16AM

Hitch
That is gakkai (specifically, "YOUTH!") Looney-Tunes.

The "Buddha System Levels" was a gimmick used for a "YOUTH!" mtg. and promotion, but I'm sure the principles were elaborated on during the actual event. They key clip is really the "Robert Poem" recitation in the heart of gakkai cult town, in front of a new cult bldg., in the motherland. I've always said that you get a pretty extreme manipulation going on in the gakkai cult "YOUTH!" division; it's only possible because of a volatile mixture of key elements that are ripe for exploiting and stirring up (youthful ignorance, youthful energy, youthful naivete and "empty" youthful tabulae rasae to imprint on). When the imprinting indoctrination takes and sticks, even if only in a minority of members, it's a potent and valuable tool, essentially enslaving one to the cult org. for life (and quite possibly, more than one generation).

The $oka Gakkai (International) is a pseudo-buddhist cult of a rich (slick and slippery, too) Japanese con-man, who has beat religion (specifically the Nichiren Shoshu priesthood) at its own game. In the last two decades, it has slowly morphed more and more into a blatant self-glorification Ikeda Looney-Tunes show (it was always there, but not on steroids, and so out in the open, like it is now).

- Hitch
How is it they don't realize how creepy this comes off? If I were on the street walking past this guy I'd have crossed to the other side just to avoid him. This isn't the effect I think they want, or is it? To me it's just more of the same: all talk, no action. Imagine what could be done with that energy and creativity better spent. Also, I'm sure the local Japanese people are just thrilled with this happening over there in their midst.

Date: February 21, 2013 11:39AM

Gakkai cult (mis)fortune baby here. As a recipient of mystical gakkai nepotism, I was born into and grew up in the N$A-$GI cult. I started out in the "Junior Pioneers" and was even mumbling the magic chant in diapers (so I was told). It's now called "The Future Division" or "Elementary School Division." I think I've done just about every (almost) whacky gakkai cult "YOUTH!" activity that has existed ($oka-han, gajokai, pseudo-secret service high leader bodyguard duty when I was older, tozan, culture festivals, Dear Leader events & garden parties all over the U.S. & Japan, training meetings, brass band (playing at hundreds of meetings big and small, marching in all kinds of parades), gymnastics (no roller skating though!), and on and on and on. (I'm sure I'm still leaving something out, too.) The '70 & 80's were my time in, with the latter coinciding with the height of it all (for me). My whole time was basically in the "YOUTH!" division. I've written about it before, but I was handed a "YOUTH!" leadership position that I promptly handed right back - I wanted no party to any of it. Have also had lots and lots of dealings with all the divisions (Men's and WD, yessiree, especially the Japanese WD, mmm-hmmm ....)

There are always new gimmicks in the gakkai cult org. (e.g., Liberty Bells, giant chairs, this-n-that convention, world record flag marching numbers, world record rolling human pyramids, Rock The Era, Rock The District, I *am* Shinichi, etc. - just half-joking on that last one HAHA!)

----

sleepy skunk
How is it they don't realize how creepy this comes off? If I were on the street walking past this guy I'd have crossed to the other side just to avoid him. This isn't the effect I think they want, or is it? To me it's just more of the same: all talk, no action. Imagine what could be done with that energy and creativity better spent. Also, I'm sure the local Japanese people are just thrilled with this happening over there in their midst.

That's completely normal for The Gakkai Cult Zombie Club Looney-Tunes Cult Org. show, especially in vicinity around the mothership nucleus in cult town, Japan.

Local non-member Japanese are creeped out by the area and YouTube has many expose videos up with people going undercover to reveal what it's like to walk around or venture into some of the cult-catering shops (you can buy cult candies, snacks, cakes, flags, lapel pins, cell phone straps, stationary, bustudan and practicing accessories (all tri-colored and logo'ed), toys and stuffed chanting bears for the kids and, of course, a wide selection of Dear Leader literature and fan books). I kid you not. I'm not making one world of this up, either.

The gakkai cult org. is all talk and no action for anyone who doesn't buy into the delusion. For those that do (like "Robert's Poem"), it's all happening in an alternative universe of their mind, like "world peace spilling out like blood from an abstract ideal into reality" (paraphrased from his poem). That's all the "leaders" are too, nice talkers with all of them competing amongst each other to see who can drop the biggest golden BS turd for all the membership to inhale and get high off of. (Apologies for my bluntness, but that's how I see it.)

Richard's poem video got me thinking about all the cult-speak I've heard. Some more that I remember (in no particular order or significance) -

"Challenge yourself!"

"Repay my debt of gratitude."

"Be victorious!"

"Make a determination."

"Golden memory."

"Change your karma."

"Create fortune."

"Make a cause."

"From the bottom of my heart ..."

"Thank you so much!"

And the ubiquitous "CONGRATULATIONS!" for everything, especially any of the above. You made it to a mtg., "CONGRATULATIONS!", you got a benefit, "CONGRATULATIONS!", you gave an experience, "CONGRATULATIONS!", you did one hour daimoku today, "CONGRATULATIONS!", "I'm forcing myself to read The Human Revolution", "CONGRATULATIONS!", the Dear Leader is now in my heart, "CONGRATULATIONS!", I shakubuku'ed somebody, "CONGRATULATIONS!", the cult org. gave you a promotion, "CONGRATULATIONS!", I shakubuku'ed even more people, "CONGRATULATIONS!", the Dear Leader sends you a message, "CONGRATULATIONS!", I'm practicing harder and giving more zaimu in appreciation, "CONGRATULATIONS!", I'm still shakubuku'ing many people, "CONGRATULATIONS!", and then repeat from the top all over again with new members, "CONGRATULATIONS!", "CONGRATULATIONS!", "CONGRATULATIONS!". (This is no exaggeration either.)

I'm sure there are many, many more examples, too. If anybody cares to share theirs, I'd love to hear them for a good laugh.

- Hitch

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: February 21, 2013 12:52PM

In later years, I eventually pioneered and fostered the concept of practicing with the organization as a "positionless leader". I came to realize that good things could be done without a mantle of postion from the organization/cult. I attempted to change things from within. I wanted to fight all the power and greed with compassion and love.

I would like to hear more about this phase. I tried to do the same thing within Soka Spirit, to some effect, keep the focus on the humanity of the danto members and on concern for their happiness (which at that time I felt was still more likely through the SGI) and to save them from being manipulated/abused by the priests. Ha ha ha, right?

This was never an official phase or anything. It was just my way of coping with and countering the cult leadership meme on a local and personal level. At the time (during the late 80's thru early nineties), I had many shakabuku children, grand children, and even great grandchildren (mostly other musicians and misfits) that looked up to me as an example of how to practice Buddhism. I felt it was my mission to lead by example and to try protecting my faith children from the Sgcult as much as possible. Together we organized many culture and art events, rock band performances, and a support group for the rejects that didn't conform to the cult. There may have even been some smokin' parties with the devil weed (free the mind to think weed) - well maybe, I can't recall. LOL

This "phase" of my cult involvement eventually ended with my departure over the arbitrary and controversial decision by local cult leaders in San Antonio to take away the leadership positions of any youth division member that did not pledge to stop using cannabis (those censoring actions were all a direct result of the "Just Say No" anti-maryjane campaign by the Whitehouse criminals, which the duped SGcult leaders were applauding). Some resigned, others kept their positions but simply lied to the leaders about their "activities". I was the only one not threatened because I held no postion whatsoever. I had wisely refused to accept even a jr. group chief position, because I understood through my previous experiences in Dallas how accepting any position would translate into allowing the cult to sink their hooks into an unwary member. With no way to threaten me, they didn't bother with me, because I was fearless against their cult onslaughts. Do you remember the drug propaganda commercial we were shown thousands of times back then? This is your brain on drugs (inference - pot). IMO being heavily involved in a cult would be a zillion times more likely to actually fry your brain. But where was the tv commercial to warn against cults like the SGI?

Spartacus

Date: February 21, 2013 02:23PM

Spartacus
With no way to threaten me, they didn't bother with me, because I was fearless against their cult onslaughts.

Excellent point. Same thing applied to me. If you have no position (and no desire for one at all), they have absolutely no control over you. All they have left are their empty mystical threats of damnation. Skepticism and critical thinking inoculated me against their charlatanism. If you don't use your mind for yourself, then the gakkai cult org. surely will, to manipulate and mentally enslave you.

- Hitch

Posted by: holly_golightly ()
Date: February 21, 2013 03:14PM

Hitch

I'm sure there are many, many more examples, too. If anybody cares to share theirs, I'd love to hear them for a good laugh.

- Hitch

Just one off the top of my head ................... FIGHTING DAIMOKU!

I would sometimes be criticised by some of my fellow members for not doing enough of this (i.e. not shouting it at the top of my voice as if about to explode) and being told 'no wonder your life is a mess' - nice buddhist attitude displayed there :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.