Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: September 14, 2012 08:55AM

Although I have posted a very short version of this clip before, I've located the full version here [www.dailymotion.com]. The media in Japan are bought and paid for by the gakkai cult and its Komeito power. Censorship, lies and shutting people down who speak out are all what the gakkai cult does. The announcer is abruptly cut off from reporting on the Komeito and the $oka Gakkai cult. They break to a typhoon weather report on damage to a Japanese castle, but about halfway thru, the audio drops out and you can briefly see the announcer again, flustered and unsure as to what to do. The report continues and after it finishes, she recovers with an apology for everything. The cult's money and influence in the motherland is immense and very few people have the fortitude to speak out against it. It is generally feared, spoken about in hushed tones and reluctantly accepted with a combination of both (1) "it can't be helped" and (2) denial mentality.

Posted by: Upgrayed ()
Date: September 14, 2012 11:59AM

Watching North Korean Documentaries over the last couple of days, I have seen so many similarities. Check them out on Youtube and discover how the Soka Gakkai mirrors it's counterpart.

I would describe the Soka Gakkai as a religious dictatorship.

Control people to keep the religious facade going so that the tax exempt status can be used to garner tons of cash and investments, not to mention getting member's money.

Each member's mind is like a plant hooked in with wires to grow a certain way, forced to be dependent and lean on the support post of the SGI cult.

Part of the essence of Nichiren's teachings based on the Lotus Sutra is not seek anything outside of yourself. The idea perhaps behind this statement is based on wisdom concerning individuals or groups who greedily attempt to ensare and entrap people by using the Law as candy to get the child to get in the car.

Perhaps it's a statement of wisdom from knowing the evils of organized religion.

In one North Korean documentary, one former citizen of North Korea stated that the North Korean people are good and that the majority are innocent, kind and sweet. Unfortunately they are brainwashed. While the dictatorship is clearly evil as much as the term means from every angle.

In this sense, members of the SGI cult are in many cases normal people who are pleasant and simple. This is what makes the deceit and manipulation somewhat difficult to see when your so close that everything is out of focus. You think about the SGI cult and think about fellow members that appear to be normal. It's only when you take distance , this is when you can see clearly, abstractly that the SGI cult is indeed a monster. The credibility of the SGI comes from normal brainwashed people. If everyone were to leave at once, you'd see the mind control system for what it is. It would look just like a tentacled beast. The problem is that it is hidden behind the brain washed smiles of normal human beings who have been sucked into the mind control.

Why does the SGI cult constantly state that you should be victorious and successful. It's because of several reasons. One, when you gain credibility, the SGI cult gains credibility and they expect you to use your hard won influence in society to garner more members and repeat the cycle. Two, they want you to make money so that your zaimu and monthly donations are increased. Basically, the crux of the SGI is to twist Nichiren Buddhism to such a warped out state that the messge becomes you being succesful. Nothing wrong with success but when it's used to prop up the parasite SGI cult, then it's nothing more than you being manipulated so that the SGI can grow. Rinse and repeat.

Perhaps that's why rattyboy and myself, including others have given advice to members to just back off the practice and get some distance.

It's amazing the amount of glaring red flags that come up if you only start thinking critically about the Soka Gakkai.

I had a leader tell me to write to Ikeda and share with him every victory and problem that I had. In fact, it is pushed to send a report to Ikeda after every discussion meeting.

I never wrote as it seemed absurd, but many do. A good majority believe that Ikeda is reading their reports. It's mad. There is a staff of hundreds that mine the data and record it, just like an intelligence gathering agency. If a member gets a little gift after writing their letter, supposedly from Ikeda, they go ape shit and share the trinket with their circle of members, swooning over the postcard or whatever nickel dime object they recieve.

SOME MEMBERS BELIEVE THAT IKEDA ACTUALLY READS THEIR FAX LETTER. The Soka Gakkai gets thousands of those daily.....

Seriously? If that isn't a kick in the face example of what a cult is, then I suppose North Korea is the cradle of the enlightenment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2012 12:09PM by Upgrayed.

Date: September 14, 2012 02:31PM

Upgrayed
Watching North Korean Documentaries over the last couple of days, I have seen so many similarities. Check them out on Youtube and discover how the Soka Gakkai mirrors it's counterpart.

Absolutely. [www.youtube.com] and [www.youtube.com]. (There are actually American, and Japanese, celebrities participating in the gakkai cult clip. The cult in Japan regularly uses well-known member celebrity faces to both promote itself and campaign for (New) Komeito candidates - celebrity endorsements for the non-thinking voters - which includes every gakkai member in the motherland.)

Date: September 15, 2012 06:27AM

The gakkai cult has a long list of celebrities that it regularly uses. In America, all members are familiar with Tina Turner, Herbie Hancock, etc., but in the motherland, such celebrity connections are used much more effectively.

Some examples of celebrity members in Japan, [blog-imgs-42.fc2.com]. As an example, I'll cite the first one, in the upper left corner. She's the "leader" of the "celebrity" division, her name is Masami Hisamoto [en.wikipedia.org].

Here is her official endorsement of the Komeito party, [www.maniado.jp]. And a video clip of her campaigning for votes [www.youtube.com].

The cult is much more sophisticated and very powerful in its homeland.

Date: September 15, 2012 07:21AM

Yeah, I have seen that woman in videos, she's a"laugh on cue when she makes a crazy face" sort of character. Manic and energetic, she is the "artist" who puts a funny face on the monster gakkai cult.
The Gakkai Clown or the Ikeda court jester. What a nasty creature.

Another thing that I noticed while in the organization. Leaders will try to pimp Japanese women onto you. I noticed many caucasian men with Japanese wives. Interesting that those same individuals were leaders within the organization or being groomed.

Of course, the wife in the background who is the hardcore member, minds the husband to keep to his duties. They know damn well what they are doing.

The pimping wasn't overt but there none the less.

Many people stay in the SGI cult because they have something to gain within the organization, or at least that's what they think. Outside the cult, many of the members are just bored, destroyed office types who are out of shape but put them in a position and get them a wife and suddenly they are "large and in charge".

It's really disturbing to watch.

I have seen several new members, males, come into the organization looking around for a date or more and when they are subtely rejected, they end up leaving.

Remember, SGI cult members used to be matched up together for marriage during the NSA days. They would use women and leadership positions as carrots for members to chase through working hard for the cult.

Today, the matchmaking isn't up in your face but it still goes on.

Many of those members who got matched ended up in divorce. Some children out of those marriages ended up commiting suicide or ending up in bad situations because they were so neglected growing up. If the children didn't accompany the parents to every meeting, the child would get left behind.

This is a dark side of the organization that no one wants to touch but the facts are there. Many ex members on the internet talk about their troubles with having children within the SGI cult.

I had a Japanese leader tell me that SGI-USA has done very well considering it's short time here in the United States. They know what they are doing, the cult tactics, they have a playbook already from Japan. When asked about using questionable tactics to create such growth, the answer was that the ultimate goal is "Kosen Rufu" so the tactics are in fact good.

The SGI is a cult. The argument against this statement has no legs to stand on. Frankly, it's down to whether the little percs and treats that the SGI cult provides is worth your life being cheapened and ruined, participating in an organization that will take in more victims because of one's passive stance on the issue.

So the SGI cult membership base is made up of either opportunists or absolute idealists who want world peace and eat up the 101 humanities rhetoric that is spoon fed to the members. The opportunists look down on the naive members and see themselves as part of the big picture, even though they are getting used just as much, or even more as they will have a hell of a time getting out.

I noticed that the SGI cult members were very aggressive about making their alternate reality bigger and larger and would do whatever to prove that they are all right in their decisions and embracement of the SGI cult.

This energy is similar to the Christians that believe in the end time where God will come down and take all the Christians to heaven leaving everyone else to suffer and die.
What's dangerous is that these Christians manifest the conditions so that their beliefs are aligned with reality. Very dangerous.

The same with Soka Gakkai members, they believe so firmly and ignorantly stand on a righteous position, completely gamed and fooled, going around in communities and society at large attempting to pull people into the cult so that they can manifest their beliefs into reality.

This organization and its members are really no different than fundamentalist christians.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2012 07:33AM by Upgrayed.

Posted by: Freeheartandmind ()
Date: September 15, 2012 10:43AM

Upgrayed: "Remember, SGI cult members used to be matched up together for marriage during the NSA days. They would use women and leadership positions as carrots for members to chase through working hard for the cult.

Today, the matchmaking isn't up in your face but it still goes on.

Many of those members who got matched ended up in divorce. Some children out of those marriages ended up commiting suicide or ending up in bad situations because they were so neglected growing up. If the children didn't accompany the parents to every meeting, the child would get left behind."

I was a member of NSA in Chicago during the 1970's. The only arranged marriage I knew about was between Pasqual Olivera and his wife. Pasqual was gay and that was not acceptable to the cult since he was so high profile. Not to say there're weren't others I didn't know about. I only attended one wedding between members and it was non-arranged and ill-advised (he was terribly abusive and a cult favorite).

Date: September 15, 2012 12:06PM

I wasn't around during the NSA days and I have my information based on what I was told by different members that joined during that time period.

While I was told by others that this indeed took place, unfortunately I don't have information on whether it was a regional policy implemented by a particular leader or if it was used across the board on a national level.

I based the prior post on my direct observations and from accounts from others. It would be interesting to hear others chime in who may have witnessed or directly experienced leaders instructing members to marry one another. In regards to the subtle match making that I discussed in the prior post, there is a chance that the observations that I made were singular to the area in which I was a member. Perhaps it was just a local issue versus a national trend.

Regarding matching members during the NSA days, I was directly told by several different members that this did occur. In nearly every case, the marriages did not work out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2012 12:11PM by Upgrayed.

Date: September 15, 2012 03:21PM

Freeheartandmind
I was a member of NSA in Chicago during the 1970's. The only arranged marriage I knew about was between Pasqual Olivera and his wife. Pasqual was gay and that was not acceptable to the cult since he was so high profile. Not to say there're weren't others I didn't know about. I only attended one wedding between members and it was non-arranged and ill-advised (he was terribly abusive and a cult favorite).

I was briefly familiar with Pascual and his wife (very nice people). They did a lot of the show/dance arrangements for NSA, both domestically and for tozan in the motherland. Even as a teenager, it was plainly obvious to me that Pasqual, despite being married, was a gay man trying to live a "normal" life. So, even though it was for appearances, they weren't fooling anyone. I remember quite a few gay/lesbian members in the cult org.. In fact, I can still name a few that are still plugging away at the practice much like they were in the 80's (I don't know if they've ever officially come out of the closet by now, though.)

As far as cult arranged marriages, ... yep, they happened all the time. In fact, Ethan Gelbaum is a prime example. An asianophile with raging testosterone kept under wraps (barely) because he was a cult ymd leader. He was eventually hooked up with a larger sized Japanese member. She's now active on the East Coast and they have two kids. That's how it works. You sign your life over to the cult, acquire a cult sponsored spouse, then you eventually have to sign your kids' souls over to the devil as well. A very, very sad situation for the kids. (Do they even have a choice?) Ethan always was the kind of socially-physically challenged type of individual that western woman wouldn't give the time of day to (I witnessed it, first hand). I hate to say it, but so are the Japanese cult women who they get fixed up with (the kind that have a hard time finding a husband in their homeland). Sorry if that comes across as harsh to anyone, but ... I'm just say'n, that's all.

Yep, I've seen it happen often in the cult. Always the same pattern for the most part and saddest of all, the offspring who are indoctrinated and shackled to the gakkai cult for future generations. From what I understand, there are ever growing numbers in Japan of second and third generation adults who inherited the cult pseudo-buddhist religion by birthright and want nothing more than to break away, but cannot or find it very difficult to do so. It's akin to people born in the Mormon faith as a family religion and understandably want to distance themselves from the crazy beliefs and insanity of their parents. Hardcore gakkai cult members, who force their children into it, are as ignorant as any other fundamentalist religious zealots out there. Some of the children manage to make the journey from ignorance to knowledge and extricate themselves, some don't and become locked in to perpetuate the cult - repeating the cycle.

Date: September 15, 2012 10:48PM

Hitch: "the journey from ignorance to knowledge ..."

LOVE IT! This sums up the cult-deprogramming process.

I wouldn't put anything past cult NSA/SGI, arranged marriages, whatever. Anything to further the perpetuation of the org and cousin rufus, right?. Although regional practices varied back in the 70's (there was a poster who talked about sexual repression in Texas while in Chicago things were far more hedonistic), none of us had any idea of the riches accumulated by ikea and company back in Japan. Once you become knowledgeable of the machinations of the multi-billion dollar business that is SGI, it should become harder to remain an ignorant kool-aid drinker. I speculate that long-time, thirty and forty year members do not soil their minds by reading anything even remotely critical of SGI or ikea, hence their blissfully ignorant continued support of the cult. Sad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2012 10:59PM by Freeheartandmind.

Date: September 15, 2012 10:57PM

NSA seemed pretty homophobic, I recall no openly gay members. I understand that has changed with SGI, not because they think it is OK to be gay but because the american society's views toward gays has become much more accepting. SGI is a chameleon with no real core values, but will go whichever way the wind is blowing to keep the money rolling in. I don't think that SGI cares that much about the tremendous fallout in members over the years, not as long as new and naive people with absolutely no historical reference can be deceived to join this seemingly innocuous org. I saw a young lady on the commuter train reading an SGI rag one evening coming home from work, and I so wanted to reverse-shakubuku her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.