Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: simplify ()
Date: May 03, 2012 06:11PM

Nichijew
simplify
tsukimoto

...I was thinking of some videos I saw of a 1993 SGI meeting in Santa Monica. Ikeda was utterly obnoxious at that meeting -- mocking and interrupting Fred Zaitsu, who was trying to give a speech, pounding the table, and saying "Grrreaaaaat.....guuurrrreeaaaatttoooo!" and "Mahalo....maaaahaaalooo....maaahallllooooo!" He was acting like a toddler in a high chair. I wondered then -- is this just bad manners, or could it be the beginnings of dementia?

That was page 241 of this thread, I think. Interestingly, those videos are no longer on Veoh.

I noticed that these videos keep disappearing, so last time we got a working link I downloaded them for safe-keeping. I've uploaded them temporarily to a file sharing site for a few days so that others can keep copies if they want. They are .flv files and about 20 mg each. If the links don't work, let me know.

Part 1
[www.yousendit.com]

Part 2
[www.yousendit.com]

I think it is in part 2 that the toddler tantrum occurs, but haven't got time to check at the moment. If you haven't seen these before, enjoy!

(Moderator: Could these files be kept somewhere on this site, maybe?)

The links are blocked.

Mark

Wow. WOW!!! I checked out my yousendit account and these files that I put up have been blocked. Although I have had no doubt for some time that SGI is a cult, this to me is *absolute proof*. Anyone reading this who is unsure yet whether or not SGI is a cult, note that SGI are trying to remove any evidence they don't like from the internet. I have now seen this happen to me, before my very eyes. This is not the action one would expect from a benign religious organisation.

This is also *absolute proof* that SGI are monitoring this thread, but are unable to contribute to it or refute what people are saying on here because we are presenting facts about the org that can't be denied.

Posted by: simplify ()
Date: May 03, 2012 06:34PM

simplify
(Moderator: Could these files be kept somewhere on this site, maybe?)
The links are blocked.

Mark
Can you send them to me? I will distribute them far and wide.

mark

Only too happy to send them to you and anyone else who wants them. They are big files though ~20MB each. Some people's inboxes clog-up with this size of file. PM me and we can discuss.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: May 03, 2012 09:42PM

The real question Simplify is, do they disappear people? Do people who cause them real trouble disappear like within so many other governments and government like entities around the world? Is there proof that China, the US, Russia, Opus Dei and countless smaller countries and organizations "disappear" people who are deemed a danger? Of course there is very little hard evidence of such disappearances [killings] because these entities are very good at keeping secrets. For example, it is said that a large percentage of murders would remain unsolved were the perpetrators to keep silent and not tell anyone. There are those in Japan who believe that SGI "disappears" people and for this reason, they are afraid to openly discuss SGI. We know they disappear internet content.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: May 04, 2012 12:47AM

Hitch
Rep. Hank Johnson (Georgia's 4th District) [hankjohnson.house.gov] , an elected U.S. congressman, is a long time soka gakkai usa member and has even traveled to Japan to present the dear leader with an award in recent years.

Some of Hank's brilliant intellect on display [www.youtube.com] , regarding Guam, and a cartoon [www.youtube.com] .

Perfect poster boy for the cult.

Presenting the dear leader with an award....Oh, Hitch...how much was Rep. Johnson paid for the trip...and another "honorary".....?

Just askin'....not that the answer will be offered up.

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: May 04, 2012 01:17AM

Hitch - thanks for the welcome.

Quote:

Hitch

It's always been an open secret that GMW was Korean (same thing with regards to the dear leader in Japan)

(end quote)

1) Just wondering if Taisaku is a Korean name?

2) When did he change his name from Taisaku to Daisaku and did he ever give a reason why?

3) What info do we have here about Ikeda's korean background?

Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: May 04, 2012 02:10AM

A little while back I posted about the SGI urging children to participate in their May contribution campaign. In the new World Tribune, they're turning up the heat on the kiddies. Accompanied by a colorful photo of some piggy banks that kids in Washington DC painted for the campaign it reads:

"Every May, we make offerings to the SGI-USA during our May Commemorative Contribution activity. It's our way of saying thank you to the SGI-USA for supporting our Buddhist practice and helping us become happy. In May, members make financial offerings to the SGI-USA out of appreciation. This can be challenging for a kid who doesn't have any money! (It can be challenging for grown-ups too.). It would be good to talk to your family and decide what you can do to be a part of the May activity. The most important thing is that whatever you do comes from your heart."

Pretty vile. During my 39 years in the SGI, not once did I ever see them organize anything like a toy donation drive for homeless children. Those are the type of activities that other religious organizations have kids participate in to learn about giving and appreciating what you have. The SGI? "Let's say thank you to the billion dollar organization by giving them money we don't have!!" Thank you for what exactly?

Date: May 04, 2012 03:09AM

Spartacus
Hitch - thanks for the welcome.

Quote:

Hitch

It's always been an open secret that GMW was Korean (same thing with regards to the dear leader in Japan)

(end quote)

1) Just wondering if Taisaku is a Korean name?

2) When did he change his name from Taisaku to Daisaku and did he ever give a reason why?

3) What info do we have here about Ikeda's korean background?

Spartacus---I've wanted to ask that question, too, about why the name change from Shin'ichi Yamamoto to Daisaku Ikeda---take about a change. I think I did read somewhere some kind of reason given, but it seemed kind of vague.

And GMW's original last name was Sadanaga, I believe?

Date: May 04, 2012 03:17AM

SGBye
A little while back I posted about the SGI urging children to participate in their May contribution campaign. In the new World Tribune, they're turning up the heat on the kiddies. Accompanied by a colorful photo of some piggy banks that kids in Washington DC painted for the campaign it reads:

"Every May, we make offerings to the SGI-USA during our May Commemorative Contribution activity. It's our way of saying thank you to the SGI-USA for supporting our Buddhist practice and helping us become happy. In May, members make financial offerings to the SGI-USA out of appreciation. This can be challenging for a kid who doesn't have any money! (It can be challenging for grown-ups too.). It would be good to talk to your family and decide what you can do to be a part of the May activity. The most important thing is that whatever you do comes from your heart."

Pretty vile. During my 39 years in the SGI, not once did I ever see them organize anything like a toy donation drive for homeless children. Those are the type of activities that other religious organizations have kids participate in to learn about giving and appreciating what you have. The SGI? "Let's say thank you to the billion dollar organization by giving them money we don't have!!" Thank you for what exactly?

The SGI adheres strictly to to the belief that "You can give someone a pound of fish, but if you bring them the rod and show them how to use it, they can take care of themselves." So therefore, it's considered a lesser cause to run things like food or toy drives. I know, right? This also seems to extend to major contributions when things like a devastating earthquake hits the mother country. The WT reported that the SGI had contributed $50,000.00 to the relief efforts. $50,000.00.

SGBye, I agree with you wholeheartedly. To encourage kids to decide what they can do to be a part of the May activity?? Kids! How many of these kids are actually doing morning and evening gongyo, chanting serious daimoku?

And piggy bank pics? Yes, SGBye. Vile.

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: May 04, 2012 03:36AM

Yes Shavoy, GMW's last name was Sadanaga.

Shin'ichi Yamamoto was ikeda's chosen pen name. By writing a "fictionalized" account of the HR, he was/is shielded from lot of nasty lawsuits. Ikeda's treatment of GMW in the latest book is sickening. We all knew how much GMW looked up to ikeda. I believe he idolized him just like everyone else. You could see it in his eyes, and I dont think he was having to act.

ikeda changed his name from Taisaku to Daisaku at some point early on. Why? I believe that "Dai" means "great" in Japanese. Can anybody elaborate?

Thanks, Spartacus

Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: May 04, 2012 04:35AM

Shavoy
The SGI adheres strictly to to the belief that "You can give someone a pound of fish, but if you bring them the rod and show them how to use it, they can take care of themselves." So therefore, it's considered a lesser cause to run things like food or toy drives. I know, right? This also seems to extend to major contributions when things like a devastating earthquake hits the mother country. The WT reported that the SGI had contributed $50,000.00 to the relief efforts. $50,000.00.

You're absolutely right about the SGI's beliefs, Shavoy. The attitude is "Unless you become one of us, sorry - can't help ya."

And the size of their tsunami donation... I was embarrassed for them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.