Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: April 22, 2012 02:55AM

Shavoy
That could also explain why, despite all the YD imploring and praying for Sensei's Welcome Home to America has not produced Sensei in the last several years.

Every year, without fail, some leader at the New Year's gongyo meeting would proudly exclaim, "We're going to welcome Sensei back to America this year!!," and every year it didn't happen. And there's this obsession they have about all of his past trips to the U.S. and how great and significant they were, how "golden memories" were created, how "we went to greet Sensei at the airport and got there late," how he "talked to my American husband who wasn't a member and now he's a chapter chief," blah blah blah..... I'm sure many of you have heard those stories ad nauseum. If you haven't, consider yourself lucky.

Posted by: wakatta1 ()
Date: April 22, 2012 03:39AM

SGBye
I have no idea how they're going to abolish nuclear weapons when all they do is throw pep rallies for themselves. Instead of wasting all of that time and energy doing hip hop dance performances, why don't they do something that would benefit society like running a soup kitchen or cleaning up their city? For an organization that claims to be for the world, they're incredibly insular in all of their actions.

As a much younger person, their lines about "According to Unity of subject and object, We are eradicating the basic darkness in the world and when that is complete these unnatural things like bombs and war will disappear" really sounded attractive. Some subtle and unexpected "truth" that those of us in the mundane world could never understand <snicker>. As I matured the red began to come off the rose and it was clear that much of what was being peddled was no more than sophism and idealistic aphorisms, intended to impress and attract the naieve.

In the ten worlds there is the "mock heaven" consisting of learning and absorbtion which is populated by self esteemed intellectuals who have "all the answers" but who are totally out of touch with reality. That seems to have been where SGI/NSA has ultimately evolved to in which everyone uses the high sounding 'buzz words' to reinforce one another's sense that "the work" is really important. Of course, after fifty years of NSA and SGI, what exactly has changed in the US culture? I can't think of a single thing that NSA/SGI has done in all those years to herald and hasten the appearance of Jogyo Bosatsu and the "innumerable Buddhas of the earth". Nothing...

Those huge youth rallys and massive conventions were not put on for "a world sinking into suffering" but for a mass of people so convinced of their superiority and purpose that it was never required for Joe Averageman to attend except to be converted to the cult.

I remember watching one of the "blade" movies in which he shows up at a high tech nightclub featuring constant "trance" music. People were walking in with their "guests", dancing and milling about, and at one point the doors were closed and the "hosts" turned out to be vampires and the "guests" were people that they had lured in off the street, ultimately intending them to be "dinner". Of course when the bloodbath started the hero Blade broke it all up. Towards the end of that battle he ends up pointing his gun at one of the "guests" who goes <gulp> and who he tells "Kid... you better get outa here". I thought to myself "Heh, just like one of those headquarters meetings where the new shakubuku's are brought in to the self-congratulations of the people attending. Twenty seconds after their introductions as "new shakubuku's" and the applause dies down, the group could care less about who they were and off they go to be "assimilated" into the body of the organization. Fresh meat!

I apologize that I'm rambling a bit here - but my point is that all of the "movements" were just for internal consumption. SGI didn't like contact with the outside world, it was a black hole that people fell into and despite the rhetoric, never were able to escape from. (except for the lucky ones ;-) )

And once again I say "better out than in I always say" -- Shrek

Wakatta1

Posted by: jlynneda63 ()
Date: April 22, 2012 05:03AM

I have found information from a person who worked as a journalist for Forbes who is stating Ikeda has been in a coma since 2010. There was also a post from a nurse at the closest hospital to sgi japan hdqters who posted info regarding Ikeda incoherent & throwing things. I have looked carefully at the pics in WT & you can see that they are photo shopped. I don't know about you, but that bothers me! All the members are going on as if it isn't obvious. On New Years we watched a video from 1996! Did the famous morning Gongyo with a 1996 Pres Ikeda & not one person has asked about it. That is nuts!! I quit soon after that. I don't believe he is still alive. Why isn't this not being addressed?? The powers that be, wipe the internet somehow so I don't know if these posts r still there. I hear alot of anger & frustration on this list but little on what you think is possible to do about anything!! I'm ticked that not only are they lying but they obviously have no concern about the members. I think it sucks! Can i say that word? Anyway, I'm glad there is a place to vent but I wish we could bring it down at the same time!! The same person has also said that Ikeda is a Norern Korean agent who's name is really Son te Chuk! It is said that the SGI is being used by China in order to emotionally control its people! Google this stuff!! The info states that Ikeda's parents were Korean, we do know that. It goes on to give references about drug trafficing, money laundering & various nasty info. I have researched all that I can & cannot believe I never bothered to search for info before & know don't know what is true & what is not. I do know that the info comes from a journalist who is widely followed & is working hard on bringing attention to all the big lies we are fed from our government. I'm not a radical person but I do not like being lied too!!

Posted by: simplify ()
Date: April 22, 2012 06:30AM

jlynneda63
I have found information from a person who worked as a journalist for Forbes who is stating Ikeda has been in a coma since 2010. There was also a post from a nurse at the closest hospital to sgi japan hdqters who posted info regarding Ikeda incoherent & throwing things. I have looked carefully at the pics in WT & you can see that they are photo shopped. I don't know about you, but that bothers me! All the members are going on as if it isn't obvious. On New Years we watched a video from 1996! Did the famous morning Gongyo with a 1996 Pres Ikeda & not one person has asked about it. That is nuts!! I quit soon after that. I don't believe he is still alive. Why isn't this not being addressed?? The powers that be, wipe the internet somehow so I don't know if these posts r still there. I hear alot of anger & frustration on this list but little on what you think is possible to do about anything!! I'm ticked that not only are they lying but they obviously have no concern about the members. I think it sucks! Can i say that word? Anyway, I'm glad there is a place to vent but I wish we could bring it down at the same time!! The same person has also said that Ikeda is a Norern Korean agent who's name is really Son te Chuk! It is said that the SGI is being used by China in order to emotionally control its people! Google this stuff!! The info states that Ikeda's parents were Korean, we do know that. It goes on to give references about drug trafficing, money laundering & various nasty info. I have researched all that I can & cannot believe I never bothered to search for info before & know don't know what is true & what is not. I do know that the info comes from a journalist who is widely followed & is working hard on bringing attention to all the big lies we are fed from our government. I'm not a radical person but I do not like being lied too!!

Yes a few months ago I came across a photo of Ikeda and his wife accepting an honourary degree from Buckingham 'University'. It was clearly photoshopped, with obvious shading where the figures had been pasted onto the background.

I have been wondering if Ikeda has been dead for some time now and the org is holding off announcing it ? Maybe they are waiting until Hiromasa is more securely accepted as supreme leader? Maybe they are waiting for a significant SGI date (eg May 3rd)?

Nichijew posted a link to the hospital article a while ago and I have been trawling the web for more info since then, but have not found anything more. Perhaps you could let us know the name of the Forbes journalist or post a link to the coma story?

thanks,

Simplify

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 06:33AM by simplify.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: April 22, 2012 07:17AM

It is curious to me that if P.I. has indeed meandered on to the next life, that no information at all has been released to the members. The thing that comes right away to my mind is what was stated in a very recent post...If Ikeda was very ill and incoherent, that does not equal "Victory!", "Winning", etc. Sensei, of all people, should be able to mow down that obstacle! He promises us that all the time! That he became sick and passed on, just might strike chords of terror. Not to mention extreme sobbing and uncertainty.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: April 22, 2012 07:24AM

SGBye
Shavoy
That could also explain why, despite all the YD imploring and praying for Sensei's Welcome Home to America has not produced Sensei in the last several years.

Every year, without fail, some leader at the New Year's gongyo meeting would proudly exclaim, "We're going to welcome Sensei back to America this year!!," and every year it didn't happen. And there's this obsession they have about all of his past trips to the U.S. and how great and significant they were, how "golden memories" were created, how "we went to greet Sensei at the airport and got there late," how he "talked to my American husband who wasn't a member and now he's a chapter chief," blah blah blah..... I'm sure many of you have heard those stories ad nauseum. If you haven't, consider yourself lucky.

That was also gone into heavily in the NHR, Sensei at airports, husbands converting due to Sensei's obvious wisdom and greatness. Gack.

A while back in this thread, the observation was made that regions with the most daimoku would reach Sensei and that would influence his visiting. Well, obviously, that was a crapshoot. Another observation was that Sensei just loved to make 'em wait!!! All the more momentum and John/Paul/Ringo/George-style pandemonium!

Date: April 22, 2012 07:33AM

Benjamin Fulford is the name.
Simplfy that is the Exact picture I was thinking of! Ridiculous looking! I have looked into what the reason for hiding the info may b & heard or read that in Japan they were working on a new building. It also could b that the family r in a financial nightmare. If they were so deluded into thinking Pres Ikeda was immune to a life altering crisis maybe there were not documents signed that needed to take care of his estate! That would explain why they r hiding the truth. Also, this elementary school div not off the ground. No matter what, if members in mass demanded he be seen I wonder the outcome. Maybe they r waiting for the plastic surgery to heal while they produce another perfect Ikeda? Now THAT would be creepy!

Re: Soka Gakkai International -- Ikeda in a coma?
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: April 22, 2012 09:03AM

If you Google, you'll find that Benjamin Fulford has his own website, and is quoted on other people's websites. Lots of conspiracy theories like the Illuminati scientists have been triggering earthquakes in Japan recently.

Come on! Japan has had frequent, and powerful earthquakes for all of recorded history. It's because of plate techtonics and fault zones -- not conspiracies, but who wants to read about shifting plates under the earth's crust. Conspiracies sell more newspapers.

So I don't know that he, or his fans are really the most reliable sources of information. Fulford has not presented any quotes from anyone, or any evidence that Ikeda is in a coma.

The following is from a blog that quotes Fulford:

-------------------------------------Beginning of Quote----------------------------------------------------------

[kauilapele.wordpress.com]

In Japan, meanwhile, the top agent for George Bush Senior and his genocidal cabal is now Deputy Finance Minister Eijiro Katsu. He is now the top cabal power broker in Japan and Prime Minister Noda is his slave, according to Japanese military intelligence. Katsu is allied with Japanese power broker Ichiro Ozawa and his fellow traitors in an attempt to loot the vast funds controlled by the Sokka Gakkai Budhist lay-group. Sokka head Daisaku Ikeda is in a coma and as a result there is a huge battle for control of his empire. Ikeda was a charismatic and powerful figure and all potential rivals for leadership have long since left his organization. The result is that now that he has become incapacitated, there is a battle for a headless but rich and powerful entity. The Nichiren Buddhist Temples will be contacting Sokka Gakkai leadership in an attempt to persuade them to return to the Nichiren fold following a schism in 1995. The Nichiren Buddhists support the White Dragon Society.

--------------------------------End of Quote----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And no, I don't see SGI and Nichiren Shoshu getting back together anytime soon, whether Ikeda is alive, dead, or comatose.

The rumors about Ikeda being dead or in a coma have been around for years. There's also this, from SokaGakkaiUnofficial, August 2009:

-------------------------Beginning of Quote------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[dir.groups.yahoo.com]
Rumor has it that Ikeda is in a coma. Anyone know anything about this?

August 17, 2009, SokaGakkaiUnofficial message board

------------------------End of Quote----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, is he or isn't he? I think that his health is declining, and he's making few, or no public appearances because of it. A coma or death? How would the senior SGI leadership or the Ikeda family cover that up? A person in a coma requires a lot of care; death requires a death certificate and disposal of the body. Surely, if Ikeda were dead, or comatose, several people would know, and someone would have talked.

Re: Soka Gakkai International -- Ikeda in a coma?
Date: April 22, 2012 10:25AM

Actually, Fulford has written many articles &while he is contraversial he also is accurate. I don't know. I do know there r no pics of Ikeda. His articles not written by him or are reprints. If someone can produce a pic that wld be good. If what evwrything I've read so far about the SGI then why could't it b true? Who knows?

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: April 22, 2012 10:51AM

jlynneda63
I hear alot of anger & frustration on this list but little on what you think is possible to do about anything!!

The only thing that can really be done about it is to educate the general public about the cult. That's why I joined and post here. Other than that, it's up to each individual to inform and think for themselves and decide what is best for them.

jlynneda63
I'm ticked that not only are they lying but they obviously have no concern about the members.

I'm not a radical person but I do not like being lied too!!

I'm not surprised by anything that they may or may not do. After all, it *is* a cult and that's what cults do - lie & manipulate people for their own benefit.

TheVoid
Just watched it, these people are truly insane. If people want to think that it is all harmless, good for society and the unreachable Kosen Rufu that will never ever ever happen. Then enjoy your delusion.

My feelings, exactly. I honestly believe, based on all my years growing up in the cult and meeting literally hundreds of "members", many were indeed mentally unstable. I've seen gakkai members attack other members on the priesthood side, people go berserk at meetings/campaigns/behind-the-scenes, as well as complete mental-n-physical breakdowns (of the collapsing right on to the floor variety). I have no doubt that some were in fact, "insane."

Tibbs
Did you guys hear in the video that the SGI is going to abolish nuclear weapons by 2013? Good for them! Well, the WOULD have abolished nuclear weapons by 2013 but they were too busy planning more Rock The Era shouting rallies.

Yes, I caught that, too. It's a noble goal, but it did make me laugh, simply because it is utterly delusional.

Btw, listening to Nathan Gauer's speech in that clip, he kind of strikes me as a bit of a doofus. How can somebody who went to Harvard sound so stupid? Is that *why* he's a national leader, because he's a Harvard Graduate? It got me thinking, what is it that gets certain people to join in the first place? Well, I just found this clip re: Gauer [www.youtube.com]. Seems as though he has a difficult past history of personal and family alcohol abuse and drug addiction. Explains a lot, to my mind.

Here's another "Interfaith" clip, this one featuring Joel Ferguson, SGI-USA Region Vice Leader. In it, at the ~ 27:14 min. mark, he talks about finding himself separated, homeless and jobless around the age of 30, then he found the "practice." [www.youtube.com] (He also does the same trick as before, getting everyone to chant nmrk.)

I wonder what percentage of the higher up leaders had similar critical life crises that were the trigger for them to join and start their climb up the cult ladder.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.