Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: April 21, 2012 08:01AM

jlynneda63
Guys..Again I'm saying PRES IKEDA HAS NOT BEEN IN A NEW PHOTO SINCE 2010! He has had some permanent incident such as a ztroke AND IT IS BEING COVERED UP. Why, i don't know. If u look through your WT u will see that they are doctoring old photos to look current but therw is no date.

If it becomes known that he's had something like a stroke, he would then appear less than "victorious." They want the healthy Ikeda of the 1970's to the 1990's to forever be etched in the members' minds.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: April 21, 2012 08:57AM

VP Hiromasa has been in the shadows for a long time. I noticed it years ago and even asked some members about it. In typical brainwashed fashion, they just shrug it off and have excuses for it; it's completely natural, understandable, acceptable and to be expected, in their minds.

(WARNING! - Harsh post/comment coming up.)

The Great Leader (DI) is getting very old and looking very frail. He also had some denture problems during some of his past speeches, didn't look very "victorious" to me - looked more like a cow chewing cud. It would not surprise me at all, if they are hiding or covering something up. In fact, I would expect it from them. Same things goes for The Next Dear Leader (Hiromasa) or some other Ikeda handpicked cheese ball to step into and try to fill his con-man shoes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2012 09:00AM by Hitch.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: April 21, 2012 12:49PM

"Rock The Era" finale speech, featuring Nathan Gauer. [www.youtube.com]

Lots of shouting introductions start off the clip, reading of ikeda's words and screaming pledges, "We Will Achieve Overwhelming VICTORY As Young Lions and Rock The Era To Its Core!!!" ~ 4:00 min. mark, immediately followed by Gauer taking the stage.

"I have breaking news! We have JUST received a message from sgi president ikeda right now!!" ~ 4:53 min. mark.

Immediately afterward, "Rock The Era With Sensei! USA! USA!!" chanted over a dozen times ~ 12:18 min. mark.

All of the talk is claptrap and the frenzy of emotions reminiscent of The Nuremberg Rallies.

PS - I can't tell you how many times I've heard the ol' "WE'VE JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE, JUST THIS MINUTE, FROM DAISAKU IKEDA!!!!! IT WAS JUST HANDED TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!!! OMG, WE ARE SOOOOOOOO FORTUNATE!"

Nothing's really changed much, especially the vacuous speeches and blatant emotional manipulation. How can anybody watch this and not see that this is a cult?

Date: April 21, 2012 02:48PM

Hitch
I can't tell you how many times I've heard the ol' "WE'VE JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE, JUST THIS MINUTE, FROM DAISAKU IKEDA!!!!! IT WAS JUST HANDED TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!!! OMG, WE ARE SOOOOOOOO FORTUNATE!"

I remember the same shenanigans happening at a lot of those big conventions in the 80’s. When they announce that they just received a message from Ikeda, it’s probably 4am in Japan and he’s sleeping on his pile of money. I keep using the word “creepy” to describe these videos…. I sometimes just can’t believe I was a part of all that.

Posted by: TheVoid ()
Date: April 21, 2012 05:55PM

Hitch
"Rock The Era" finale speech, featuring Nathan Gauer. [www.youtube.com]

Lots of shouting introductions start off the clip, reading of ikeda's words and screaming pledges, "We Will Achieve Overwhelming VICTORY As Young Lions and Rock The Era To Its Core!!!" ~ 4:00 min. mark, immediately followed by Gauer taking the stage.

"I have breaking news! We have JUST received a message from sgi president ikeda right now!!" ~ 4:53 min. mark.

Immediately afterward, "Rock The Era With Sensei! USA! USA!!" chanted over a dozen times ~ 12:18 min. mark.

All of the talk is claptrap and the frenzy of emotions reminiscent of The Nuremberg Rallies.

PS - I can't tell you how many times I've heard the ol' "WE'VE JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE, JUST THIS MINUTE, FROM DAISAKU IKEDA!!!!! IT WAS JUST HANDED TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!!! OMG, WE ARE SOOOOOOOO FORTUNATE!"

Nothing's really changed much, especially the vacuous speeches and blatant emotional manipulation. How can anybody watch this and not see that this is a cult?

Just watched it, these people are truly insane. If people want to think that it is all harmless, good for society and the unreachable Kosen Rufu that will never ever ever happen. Then enjoy your delusion.

Posted by: Tibbs ()
Date: April 22, 2012 12:14AM

sirmrtony
Know what else pisses me off? How EVERY book in the bookstores are by Ikeda.

His name might be on those books but I'm sure he didn't actually write most of them. There is a good chance he didn't write any of them IMO.

Thanks for the video link Hitch. Did you guys hear in the video that the SGI is going to abolish nuclear weapons by 2013? Good for them! Well, the WOULD have abolished nuclear weapons by 2013 but they were too busy planning more Rock The Era shouting rallies.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: April 22, 2012 01:55AM

In 1979 I was talking to a top young woman.s division leader who was sure that thanks to the SGI there would be no more nukes within ten years. I tried to educate her about geopolitical realities, the SALT agreement, bubble economies and the role of militarism, and the fundamental nature of man's greed, anger, and stupidity and all she had to say was, "you will see. Thanks to SGI and Sensei, within ten years there will be no more nukes." Then she impugned my faith.

Nichijew

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: April 22, 2012 02:25AM

redrose
I can remember years ago - early 90's - the women in my district would meet a couple times a month for some incredible spirited talks about anything and everything. We would have book reviews that had great meaning to us and almost all the books were non-buddhist! I miss those times. We were shut down. The only thing that we were allowed to talk about was Ikeda and his writings. For me that was the beginning of the end. When I go to a meeting now it has nothing to do with buddhist teaching.

I think people are starving for heart to heart conversations. The SGI says that's what we do, but only if the heart to heart is SGI and Ikeda talk. I know I'm hungery for some intelligent heart felt conversations where NO ONE feels threaten to speak what is in their heart. The format that the SGI has does not address a true expression of the human heart. It's too militaristic.

Shut down. Hmmmmmm. Yup.

Back in my old district years ago, we could decide a subject for the discussion meetings from secular stuff, then relate it with the SGI Buddhist stuff, if that explains it right. A better way of putting it is we did not have to use the "Discussion Points" from the WT month after month. Like with redrose's experience, we had great times and fulfilling, inspiring meetings.

Yes, now it is only from the WT/President Ikeda's guidance that discussion meetings can be based on. Anything else is verboten and shut off.

There are no heart-to-heart dialogues in the SGI, unless you are contemplating "totally understanding Sensei's heart and making it your own".

When you feel what's in your heart to be shared will be/has to be censored continually--there's that ol' Fear Factor again. P.I. always talks about how "true freedom" is found in practicing SGI Buddhism. Really, Sensei?

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: April 22, 2012 02:28AM

SGBye
jlynneda63
Guys..Again I'm saying PRES IKEDA HAS NOT BEEN IN A NEW PHOTO SINCE 2010! He has had some permanent incident such as a ztroke AND IT IS BEING COVERED UP. Why, i don't know. If u look through your WT u will see that they are doctoring old photos to look current but therw is no date.

If it becomes known that he's had something like a stroke, he would then appear less than "victorious." They want the healthy Ikeda of the 1970's to the 1990's to forever be etched in the members' minds.

That could also explain why, despite all the YD imploring and praying for Sensei's Welcome Home to America has not produced Sensei in the last several years.

Date: April 22, 2012 02:44AM

Tibbs
Did you guys hear in the video that the SGI is going to abolish nuclear weapons by 2013? Good for them! Well, the WOULD have abolished nuclear weapons by 2013 but they were too busy planning more Rock The Era shouting rallies.

I have no idea how they're going to abolish nuclear weapons when all they do is throw pep rallies for themselves. Instead of wasting all of that time and energy doing hip hop dance performances, why don't they do something that would benefit society like running a soup kitchen or cleaning up their city? For an organization that claims to be for the world, they're incredibly insular in all of their actions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 02:44AM by SGBye.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.