Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: March 25, 2014 07:16PM

Hey Meh. I guess I was one of those exceptions that didn't need to be shakabuku'd - one of those rare birds that just "showed up wanting specific questions answered". Certainly NOT the norm - most people have to be talked into coming! I sincerely wanted to learn how to practice buddhism, so I actively searched out a meeting to attend. Of course, I had no idea how deep a rabbit hole I was about to fall down when I made those fateful arrangements to get myself to my first SG meeting. I'm pretty sure that I received an extra large dose of love-bombing during those first few meetings for having made the effort to get there entirely on my own volition. Man, was I ever ripe and ready for (cult) picking. No wonder they wasted no time putting me on the fast track to higher cult.org positions.

Thinking about those first meetings, I just remembered something - the very first time I got a hint that all was not as peachy and creamy in the world of SGI as had been presented (you know: happy happy joy joy - everything in our lives are just perfect now that we chant). During my third or so meeting at the group leader's apt, I happened to notice during a trip to use the restroom that the the group leader's husband was hanging out in the bedroom instead of attending the meeting under way in the living room . I had assumed he was out working or something and was too busy to attend. But there he was, hiding out in his room. I thought it strange that he was a member, yet he obviously didn't want to come out and support the meeting

Seeing him hiding in the bedroom, for an brief instant, I suspected that perhaps things weren't as super-terrific as packaged and presented, but my mind just skipped over that first little glitch of doubt and suspicion. I quickly rationalized it as a marital situation - I didn't want to think that his wanting to hide out might have something to do with chanting or meetings. (FYI - the young man went taiten shortly after that). But I was un-phased by fleeting doubts - I had already completely fallen for the old reliable cult brainwashing trick, "no requirements except this requirement: try chanting for 90 days and see actual proof for yourself".

Options: ReplyQuote
One sitauation where one might not be rejected
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 26, 2014 07:27AM

If you are a non believer but happen to have ties to someone who could be recruitable (eg you are social secretary or a trainer for a celebrity or someone rich), predatory organizations might see you are not yourself a recruit, but may 'make nice' so they can get access, through you, to
the high value target.

Date: March 26, 2014 10:36AM

FYI: For anybody that might be interested in having a look, or making comments and posts, a new sub reditt has been created called "sgi whistleblowers"

If you decide to participate in this new sub, please remember to observe and respect reditt rules and etiquette for posting. Thanks - hope to see you over there!

Posted by: meh ()
Date: March 28, 2014 08:46PM

Wow - it's been quiet around here!

Nothing much to post, other than I had a terrific phone interview for a company about 15 minutes from my new place. There didn't seem to be an awful lot of concern about me not being able to start until after Memorial Day (impossible to move it up). The woman in HR that I was speaking to seemed kind of impressed when I said that if they really needed me to start before that, I could work from here if that was agreeable to them. She said she would be setting up another phone interview with the hiring manager and two other people.

This is very early in the process, so it's impossible to predict how it'll go, but it makes me optimistic because she found my resume and reached out to me. It would be a great job, and very much in alignment with my skills and within my comfort level.

So "hey" to everyone!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 28, 2014 10:16PM

((((XXXFingers CrossedXXX)))

Date: March 30, 2014 02:37PM

Hi Meh. Best of luck to you on your job hunt!!!

Date: April 02, 2014 03:04AM

Spartacus brought this to my attention - I have collected a bit more information on the situation. For your reading pleasure - Fukushima:

TEPCO is the corporation that owns the disabled Fukushima nuclear plant that went all meltdown-disaster during and after the tsunami in 2011, just over 3 years ago.
Did you realize that the President of TEPCO was included in the Soka Gakkai's 2012 Executive Meeting, which is only open to the Soka Gakkai's top leaders?

Some of executives of TEPCO are the cult SGI (Soka Gakkai)’s members. Many SGI’s college students join TEPCO. That means TEPCO has such relation with the cult SGI.
These are a part of the list of presidents of Japanese major companies who attend SGI’s Executive Meeting (reported in 2012 ; present position can be different).

You can see the name of TEPCO’s president in the middle with bold and italic letters. [juzoitami1997.wordpress.com]

And, interestingly enough, the government, which is thoroughly influenced by New Komeito (the political party created by Daisaku Ikeda), has now made it a crime to report on the continuing problems linked to Fukushima, including the widespread radiation poisoning of the people living nearby!

Special Report: Japan's homeless recruited for murky Fukushima clean-up

In January, October and November, Japanese gangsters were arrested on charges of infiltrating construction giant Obayashi Corp's network of decontamination subcontractors and illegally sending workers to the government-funded project.

In the October case, homeless men were rounded up at Sendai's train station by Sasa, then put to work clearing radioactive soil and debris in Fukushima City for less than minimum wage, according to police and accounts of those involved. [www.reuters.com]

Sendai is the site of one of the Soka Gakkai's Culture Centers. "Culture Center" is the biggest category of SG building, FYI. So why are there so many homeless people in that area's train station? Oh, yeah - because the Soka Gakkai doesn't help the needy.

The Upper House passed the highly contentious state secrets protection bill into law on Dec. 6, despite the paucity of debate and lack of safeguards on the designation process.

The ruling Liberal Democratic Party and its junior coalition partner, New Komeito, railroaded the legislation through the Upper House plenary meeting on Dec. 6 amid increasingly vehement protests from opposition parties and the public. - Asahi Shimbun [japansafety.wordpress.com]

Taro Yamamoto, a Japanese legislator, says the law “represents a coup d’etat” leading to “the recreation of a fascist state.” The powerful Asahi Shimbun newspaper compares it to “conspiracy” laws passed by totalitarian Japan in the lead-up to Pearl Harbor, and warns it could end independent reporting on Fukushima.

Notice: Japan Legislator Taro Yamamoto is NOT with New Komeito and is NOT a Soka Gakkai member! They've all been noticeably silent about these fascist developments.

But Tepco has clamped down on media coverage and complains about news helicopters filming the fuel rod removal.

Under the new State Secrets Act, the government could ban—and arrest—all independent media under any conditions at Fukushima, throwing a shroud of darkness over a disaster that threatens us all.

By all accounts, whatever clean-up is possible will span decades. The town of Fairfax, CA, has now called for a global takeover at Fukushima. More than 150,000 signees have asked the UN for such intervention.

A year ago a Japanese professor was detained 20 days without trial for speaking out against the open-air incineration of radioactive waste.

But the new law may make Japan’s democracy a relic of its pre-Fukushima past.

It’s the cancerous mark of a nuclear regime bound to control all knowledge of a lethal global catastrophe now ceaselessly escalating. [my.firedoglake.com]

We've already told you about Daisaku Ikeda's fondness for fascism. And now Japan reaps the whirlwind of allowing this dangerous egomaniac to amass so much power. I live near the coast in California. I am NOT pleased.

Date: April 02, 2014 03:13AM

Here's another - this and the post above (Fukushima) I posted over at reddit, on the sgiwhistleblowers subreddit:

The political party created by one Daisaku Ikeda, first "Komeito" (meaning, in a triumph of irony, "clean government") and now "New Komeito", is mostly supported by Soka Gakkai members and fields political candidates who are Soka Gakkai members. This party has a history of criminal activity and unsavory associates, such as yakuza.

Because the Soka Gakkai is regimented like a paramilitary organization and can be counted upon to get out the vote (the same way the US gun nuts and rabid Evanglical Christians - Religious Right - do), New Komeito is now only slightly behind the ruling party, the Liberal Democrats. Komeito is considered the "junior partner" in the ruling coalition.

For all the Soka Gakkai's blathering about "world peace" and "bombs are bad", Japan has now decided to start making and exporting weapons:

Sources within the Japanese government are saying that the administration has already drafted new guidelines that would see the country reversing the decades old ban on exporting weapons. (Prime Minister Shinzo) Abe’s administration is looking to have the new guidelines approved by the ruling bloc of the Liberal Democratic Party and New Komeito as early as next month. [japandailypress.com]

The ruling bloc of Japan’s government has just approved for their country to export weapons to other countries. The Buddhist party, New Komeito, while often presenting itself as a party of peace, also approved of the resolution. Shoebat.com forewarned you about the New Komeito’s activities in regards to enabling Japan to transfer weapons:

Now we see the current dangerous activity of the Liberal Democratic Party of Shinzo Abe and his partnering party, the Buddhist New Komeito.

The two parties have very recently produced a plan that will permit Japan to export arms, a decision that is contradictory to its pacifist constitution.
Regardless of how much Japan persists in forming a facade of peace, the new guidelines have numerous loopholes and ambiguities. Though it affirms that Japan will not send weapons to nations in conflict, this does not prevent Japan from sending arms to dangerous countries which are not (officially) in conflict.

There are two aspects of this resolution that raise red flags. According to Kyodo News International, Japan can give weapons only for the purpose of “contributing to international cooperation and the country’s security interests”.

“The Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe, agreed that Japan would be providing Turkey with its second nuclear power plant. The pact also adds that Turkey will be allowed to enrich uranium and extract plutonium, a potential material for nuclear weapons.” [shoebat.com]

Nuclear power plants are the premier source for the materials needed to manufacture nuclear weapons and are the premier front for clandestine nuclear weapons development. Whatever happened to SG 2nd President Toda's anti-nuclear statement??

The drafted rules specified that exports would be allowed as long as their objective is to contribute to international cooperation and security interests of Japan, including no transfer of Japanese equipment to third parties. In 1967, Japan implemented the “three principles” on arms exports that state a ban on transfer of weapons to communist nations, countries subject to ban under U.N. resolution and those involved in conflict. A change in 2012 allowed the nation to export weapons for humanitarian and peaceful purposes. [japandailypress.com]

Oh, THAT's nice! Weapons for peace! Weapons for humanitarian purposes!! Are these CHOCOLATE weapons that hungry people can eat?? FLUFFY weapons that people can tickle each other with?? I don't THINK so!

Date: April 02, 2014 03:40AM

Notice that THIS ^ is all happening on SGI's watch. As soon as Ikeda created the Komeito Party, the Soka Gakkai started meddling in politics. Because the Soka Gakkai is as organized and mobilized as the Religious Right here in the USA, the SG has been able to dominate Japan's politics.

From this vantage point, we should be able to see the true nature of the Soka Gakkai. Is it promoting a strictly pacifist agenda? NO! Is it fighting fascism? NO! Is it promoting democracy? NO!!!!!

There used to be a term - "obutsu myogo" - it means "Buddhist government." It means the fusion of Nichiren Buddhism with the government, governing in accord with Nichiren Daishonin's teachings. That term was fairly commonplace before the excommunication in 1991 - I heard it enough to recognize it, and I just joined in 1987.

Under a Nichiren-styled government, other forms of Buddhism would be outlawed and all people forced, under penalty of law, to join/practice Nichiren Buddhism. It would be EXACTLY like the state Shinto thing in WWII! And the Buddhist leader would be the head of the government. Who are we talking about? The Nichiren Shoshu High Priest?? Don't make me laugh!! The only one who would ever put himself on such a throne is Daisaku Ikeda. That is the reason he formed Komeito in the first place, to take over the government of Japan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 03:43AM by StillTaitenAndProud.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: April 03, 2014 10:56PM

We tend to focus on so many of the lies and deceptions that we experienced on an individual level; I'm not sure how this can be swept under the rug as "slander" and "lies by temple members." These run 180 degrees from the peaceful, humanitarian public agenda that sgi likes to present.

Once again, the temptation to run off a bazillion copies of this information, sneak into the kaikan parking area and slip it under windshields is strong. I talk a good game, but lack the nerve - those twerpy little "guards" at the parking lot gate would bust me for sure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.