Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: May 01, 2013 03:14PM

Spring Cleaning in The Motherland - Cult Eradication / Exorcism Protest:

"Setsubun" [www.youtube.com], 0:56 second English explanation of the ritual Spring festival. More here [en.wikipedia.org].

(9:57 minute clip) Shinanomachi (aka: $oka Cult Town, Japan). Clip opens with the "Cult Eradication" protestors approaching Gakkai Cult HQ. $oka-han start to close the front iron gate. $oka wanna-be "policeman" stands at military-like attention, in full pseudo-police-like uniform (they have no authority, btw), blocking access to cult property. At the 0:47 minute mark, a couple of cult members down the street quickly duck into a gakkai cult building once they realize they are being filmed.

The protestors commence their protest, under the watchful protection of a real police officer (lighter blue uniform), because they *do* have a right to peacefully protest. They are also being filmed and photographed by gakkai undercover $oka "agents", at the same time (you can play a game here and try to spot the cult zombie agents mingling in with the crowd).

The "setsubun" ceremony begins at around the 4:30 minute mark. Hilarious stuff. (This kind of blatant protesting and ridiculing in public is a rarity in Japan.) Ikeda mask wearers are the "oni" or devils, as the "bad spirit" eradication goes on, to lots of smiles and laughter.

One of the protestor ladies is already cleaning up the beans from the street (5:29 minute mark), when the boss top $oka-han "leader" has to come over and order her to clean it up some more (5:35 minute mark). She jokingly tries to enter the front gate area to clean up and is physically blocked and pushed back by the "leader" and uniformed guard (5:40 minute mark).

Then, the protestors start in, mocking the magic chant , NMRK! (5:47 minute mark). Gakkai cult members, "leaders" and guards, don't look too happy now. The $oka-han cult "leader" is soon asked to step back and away from the cleaning lady and leave her alone, remaining on the cult side of the property line (6:05 minute mark).

A mini-confrontation (by polite Japanese standards) takes place, with each party telling the other to stay on their "side." The NMRK! magic chant mocking continues (6:15 minute mark).

They eventually finish their official protest against the gakkai cult's presence in Japan and the mind control they exert over their members. At the end, they offer the official protest letter, along with the festival "mame" beans, as a "present" to the $oka Gakkai Cult Org.. The cult org. turns the offer down.

Clip ends with the protest leader instructing all of the protestors to clean up really nicely and well, all the beans used for the hilarious protest festival.

[www.youtube.com]

Enjoy. I love these guys. They got guts.

- Hitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: May 02, 2013 01:09AM

Hitch, at 7:25, the guy with the red devil mask is loudly reading from a letter and he says "Nichiren Shoshu". What is the context? I wish I understood Japanese :(

Date: May 02, 2013 05:17AM

It's an "official" "Letter Of Protest", with three admonishment points (misrepresentation of NS, mind control over members and the gakkai cult org. being a blight on Japan). The group of protestors (about 20 on this occasion?) are doing so under their own banner of protecting Japanese society from harmful cults. The leader of this group is also a lawyer (which explains *why* he isn't afraid of the cult org.) and routinely speaks out against the $oka Gakkai Cult Org.'s tax-free / tax exempt status, amongst other things (Komeito, mafia ties, etc.).

Some of the comments that follow are obviously from gakkai cult org. members criticizing this particular "stunt" as childish. I disagree. I think it's a highly intelligent, unique, creative and brilliant way to bring attention to and protest the gakkai cult org.. (Ghost Busters, Setsubun, etc., all humorous bull-eyes against the gakkai cult org..)

The $oka Gakkai is viewed as a creepy cult in The Land of Cousin Rufus and has a very, very, bad and unwelcome image to the majority of ordinary Japanese society / citizens. Just another dichotomy of the gakkai cult, supposedly striving for "goodness", "world peace" and "harmony", yet in reality, despised and hated by their own society in terms of "actual proof" (to frame it in cult-speak lingo, for cult members to understand).

$oka Gakkai (International) / $GI-USA, formerly Nichiren Shoshu of America = A harmful, deceitful, manipulative and destructive pseudo-buddhist CULT (of Ikeda - The Dear Leader). Lots of Japanese can't wrap their head around *why* non-Japanese members would even join or become part of this Japanese cult org.. Many also feel bad that it has spread all over the world, going from a domestic disease, to a wider international malady.

- Hitch

Date: May 03, 2013 01:00AM

Lots of Japanese can't wrap their head around *why* non-Japanese members would even join or become part of this Japanese cult org..
I have a few ideas as to why - it's similar in many respects to the evangelical Christianity many were raised with (Pentecostalism is the fastest growing sect of Christianity now), its authoritarian structure is exactly the same as what you find in most Christian churches (so, again, familiar), AND it promises worldly goodies for no real effort - very like the Pentecostal "Prosperity Theology" that says, basically, that the more you give to the church, the more God will make magically appear. And there as in the SGI, people become poorer and poorer... Here's a fun article, called "Poor, Dumb, and Pentecostal" - there are a lot of similarities to the SGI, except that the SGI demographic is more educated and so is less likely to be talked into donating *everything* to the organization: [signposts02.wordpress.com]

Date: May 03, 2013 07:35AM

TaitenAndProud

Lots of Japanese can't wrap their head around *why* non-Japanese members would even join or become part of this Japanese cult org..
I have a few ideas as to why - it's similar in many respects to the evangelical Christianity many were raised with (Pentecostalism is the fastest growing sect of Christianity now), its authoritarian structure is exactly the same as what you find in most Christian churches (so, again, familiar), AND it promises worldly goodies for no real effort - very like the Pentecostal "Prosperity Theology" that says, basically, that the more you give to the church, the more God will make magically appear. And there as in the SGI, people become poorer and poorer... Here's a fun article, called "Poor, Dumb, and Pentecostal" - there are a lot of similarities to the SGI, except that the SGI demographic is more educated and so is less likely to be talked into donating *everything* to the organization: [signposts02.wordpress.com]

I also think it's human nature. I have a theory that the gakkai cult org. membership spiked a bit after 9/11/2001 on the east coast of the United States (NY, etc.). There are very natural and societal explanations for why cult org.s thrive at certain times and in certain locations. Overall, there has been a backlash against religion / religious fundamentalism since 9/11, but this is also (IMO) another subsidiary consequence.

Also, the gakkai cult org. has always had a certain sub-population of its membership that are asian / japan-o-philes. Very little of what is actually "Japanese", is truly a part of the gakkai cult org., ironically (it's a warped and skewed version of Japanese qualities).

- Hitch

Date: May 03, 2013 07:55AM

Gakkai Cult Org. annual "May Contribution" month is here. Enjoy the latest reincarnated (all pun intended) "encouragement campaign" [sgi-usa.org]

Danny Nagashima strikes me as 1) not looking very healthy and 2) coming across as a snake-oil salesman.

All the acting is horrible, btw.

On that note, you just got to check out this, "Welcome everybody and CONGRATULATIONS (!) on attending our FIRST Ikeda Wisdom Academy Meeting!!" (Standard fake, guttural applause follows.) (And there's the ubiquitous "congratulations" standard gakkai cult lingo again.)

What follows is a perfect case study in gakkai cult org. "YOUTH!" "leader" automaton behavioral model displays:

Arlen Vidal is your typical weirdo fake YWD personality (notice the emphasis placed on every other word she speaks).

Alex Marcos is your typical bumbling, but trying hard, YMD personality, doing exactly what he's supposed to do, but basically a follower and good "go fetch" cult org. slave servant.

But, the best of all, last but certainly not least, is David Witkowski. (HAHAHAHA!!!) This guy is your TYPICAL full on, 100% modeling of Japanese homeland YMD gakkai cult automatons. There is nothing natural about this guy, whatsoever. He has become fully assimilated by the gakkai borg collective mother ship and has had his mental software completely re-booted with hardcore gakkai cult downloads and metamorphosed into a fully functional Ikeda-bot. Creepy, actually, but to be honest, I'm used to it and saw it all the time when I was in. You can spot these kinds of full on hardcore members / leaders, to varying degrees, everywhere if you look for them. Witkowski's got kool-aid inebriation pretty bad.

(Clip is essential viewing, if one wishes to understand gakkai cult org. automaton behavior and the consequences of thought reform) [www.sgi-usa.org]

Incidentally, this clip also contains the original Makiguchi prison revelation scene from the cult org.s 1970's "Human Revolution" propaganda movie. This is the same scene that made me roll my eyes at the kool-aid as a young boy.

Finally, in case any one has ever wondered how the gakkai cult org. spins "misfortune" encountered amongst its members (such as an untimely death of a hardcore Ikeda-bot), here's a good example: [sgi-usa.org].

If it happens to a non-member, taiten member or temple member, then it's retribution and karma. If it happens to a sincere gakkai member (and it does), then the "three obstacles and four devils" are challenging you at the "crucial time" of your practice. There's always an out for the cult org. in terms of explaining things away (this is also known as the "multiple outs" game and is a sure sign that one is dealing with flimflam / manipulative deception).

All of this crap is so blatant and transparent.

[www.sgi-usa.org]

Take a look all and see thru it for what it is --> a pseudo-buddhist CULT org. of a rich Japanese con-man. Wake up people! The $GI is a CULT.

- Hitch

Date: May 03, 2013 03:28PM

Incidentally, this clip also contains the original Makiguchi prison revelation scene from the cult org.s 1970's "Human Revolution" propaganda movie. This is the same scene that made me roll my eyes at the kool-aid as a young boy.
Don't you mean the TODA prison revelation scene? My take: BARF!

I'll sheck out the linkylinks tomorrow (it's too late for uproarious laughter now).

Date: May 03, 2013 07:02PM

PS: Yes, I meant Toda. Couldn't go back and edit after the 30 min. time limit.

More Witkowski, [www.sgi-usa.org]. (All STRESSED words are CAPITALIZED to demonstrate gakkai "YOUTH!" "leader" Ikeda-bot standard behavioral displays.)

"WELCOME to the SECOND (!) IKEDA WISDOM ACADEMY MEETING!!!" (Feigned, over the top gakkai automaton guttural cheer, applause and plastic smile of course follow.)

"Last time we discussed the sense powerlessness facing the "YOUTH!" of our times, our HUMAN REVOLUTION and our MISSION as BODHISATTVAS OF THE EARTH to AWAKEN ALL PEOPLE to the UNLIMITED POWER that RESIDES within their LIVES."

(Stern constipation look briefly follows. Again, this is hardcore Ikeda-bot behavior.)

"And TODAY we will STUDY from CHAPTER THREE (!!!) of VOLUME ONE of THE WISDOM OF THE LOTUS SUTRA."

(More stern constipation facial mannerisms and tight lip display.)

"As we know, Shakyamuni EXPOUNDED in the LOTUS SUTRA that ALL PEOPLE (!!!) INHERENTLY are BUDDHAS from the remote PAST and that we have to AWAKEN to our TRUE IDENTITY as bodhisattvas of the Earth. Therefore, why do we need Nichiren Daishonin? Why not simply read the lotus sutra and do our BEST to put the buddha's teachings into practice? FURTHER, why do we need the $GI or the three $oka Gakkai Presidents? These are questions that I've held throughout my practice. HOWEVER, reading THE WISDOM OF THE LOTUS SUTRA, the answer has become clearer and CLEARER as I DELVE into this STUDY."

(Propaganda kool-aid follows, with Witkowski directing viewers to specific PAGES of The Dear Leader's sacred book. "So, if we can start from page number FORTY-ONE in your books, this is in the middle of the page, the SECOND paragraph, under IKEDA . . . . . ").

Alex follows with the standard push to "put the faith into practice" (translation: shakubuku or bring in more cult org. members) and finally Arlen shows up again (she has an annoying habit of EMPHASIZING ever OTHER word THAT she SPEAKS). She appears to have been born into the cult org. (aka: mis-fortune baby) and compares her own arrogant attitude of growing up in the cult org., feeling extra special and complacent, as equivalent to the incorrect attitude of the evil priesthood, blah, blah, blah and more blah. It all ultimately boils down again to "shakubuku", of course. (Education is "corrupt", religion is "corrupt", everything is "corrupt" and only the gakkai cult org. has all the answers to change it all, etc.).

In essence, Witkowski sets the scene for *why* Ikeda's "guidance" is key, Alex follows up with driving home the notion that you have to more than just accept The Dear Leader into your hear, you have to bring in more members in gratitude for the practice. Arlen appears to be killing two birds with one stone by appealing to people born into the cult org. to "correct" their "attitudes" and explain away the rift with the priesthood.

Like I said, it's all soooo transparent and predictable. (You could go thru all of their video lectures and pick apart the reason for making each and every one. It's all cult org. kool-aid.)

To be honest, I get a kick out of watching these Ikeda-bots going thru the motions and running their cult behavioral and speech programs for all to see. Drink the cult kool-aid long enough, and this is the goal and type of person that they want you to turn into. All three of them have gakkai cult org. personality transplants. Witkowski's allograft was the most successful.

- Hitch

Posted by: sleepy skunk ()
Date: May 04, 2013 03:27AM

That Alex kid really is THE captain KIRK of SGI-USA. Both of their EMPHASIZING of CERTAIN WORDS is REALLY ANNOYING. Am I the only one to notice when they quoted parts, they had the letters (WLS Ch#, Pg#)? It's official, SGI now has it's own televangical progam.

Date: May 04, 2013 05:22AM

sleepy skunk
That Alex kid really is THE captain KIRK of SGI-USA. Both of their EMPHASIZING of CERTAIN WORDS is REALLY ANNOYING.

You are so right, sleepyskunk, more than perhaps you can imagine!

[www.youtube.com] (3:19 minute mark, but entire clip hilarious) "TO be the MOST important PERSON in the ROOM, and to TALK DOWN to absolutely EVERYBODY, YOU MUST talk to PEOPLE like THIS . . . . "

A prerequisite to being a successful gakkai "leader" (especially in the "YOUTH!" division) is to adopt the attitude that you are the most important person in the world, after SENSEI of course, and that you have all the answers to save everyone.

sleepy skunk
Am I the only one to notice when they quoted parts, they had the letters (WLS Ch#, Pg#)? It's official, SGI now has it's own televangical progam.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. They've always done that and I've always hated it, too. I've always called these types "gosho thumpers" and have always laughed at them. I think it's ridiculously hilarious. "On page so-and-so, of chapter number this-n-that, second paragraph from the bottom, in the gosho zenshu (Major Writings) the Daishonin states . . . . . and Sensei elaborates . . . . . "

Watch out especially for the ones that carry their gosho in a special leather monogramed zipper case, under their arm. They are temporarily visiting you from La-La Land and it can get really bizarre.

Regarding Alex, I forgot to mention, in one of those videos, they show an old photo of a younger Alex alongside Michael Jordan, exploiting the ol' fallacy of celebrity association, which plants into people's heads that somehow the "mystic law of the universe", his faith and practice, got him such a "benefit." The picture pops up, completely out of all context, for no good reason whatsoever other than to just show it.

Like I said, hilarious stuff.

- Hitch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.