Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Date: January 23, 2013 05:23AM

Hi! I've been reading this forum for a while now and finally registered to participate. Thanks to everyone who writes here because it has really helped me regain my critical thinking ability. I guess I was just ignoring what I did not agree with in the SGI. I joined over 20 years ago which is so embarrasing to me now. I thought world peace and self improvment were the goals but I was duped. I read in the paper about dumb guy A and dumb guy B getting involved with dumb thing C and thought that would never happen to me. I haven't got to the point of returning my paper but I'm getting there. When I joined the priests were still handing out the scrolls and this one monk asked me if I swore to protect the teachings of Nichiren through out my life and I said yes. He bopped me on the head with a scroll and the games began. But in the past 3 or 4 years I can ignore no more. I am no longer a Branch Ikedian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: January 23, 2013 06:12AM

Thatsmeinthecorner
Hi! I've been reading this forum for a while now and finally registered to participate. Thanks to everyone who writes here because it has really helped me regain my critical thinking ability. I guess I was just ignoring what I did not agree with in the SGI. I joined over 20 years ago which is so embarrasing to me now. I thought world peace and self improvment were the goals but I was duped. I read in the paper about dumb guy A and dumb guy B getting involved with dumb thing C and thought that would never happen to me. I haven't got to the point of returning my paper but I'm getting there. When I joined the priests were still handing out the scrolls and this one monk asked me if I swore to protect the teachings of Nichiren through out my life and I said yes. He bopped me on the head with a scroll and the games began. But in the past 3 or 4 years I can ignore no more. I am no longer a Branch Ikedian.

Great post!

You are thinking very clearly indeed! It really is amazing how reality looks, once the cult org. fog begins to clear.

Welcome, Thatsmeinthecorner.

- Hitch

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: January 23, 2013 08:10AM

Branch Ikedian

BRILLIANT!!

I want to get a T-shirt that says "Taiten and Proud" on the front, and "No Longer Advancing In The Wrong Direction" on the back!!

Thatsme, please review these two sites (below). They're about resigning from the Mormons, but the basic principles apply to us as well. Once you notify the organization that you are resigning, their rules and by-laws no longer apply to you. It's YOUR laserjet-printed calligraphy scroll, in other words, and you can hang it on the wall in your bathroom if you choose. YOU DECIDE!

[www.mormonnomore.com]

[www.exmormon.org]

[www.mormonresignation.com]

One of the signs of a cult is that they frighten the members into staying. They threaten that "bad things will happen to you" or they pressure with "...but you PROMISED the priest!!" To help put this into perspective, here is a lovely little video, only about 30 seconds long: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: sixtyseven ()
Date: January 23, 2013 04:31PM

@thatsmeinthecorner: Welcome and thanks for your participation!
For a lot of years I had fooled myself and belittled their psycho games they've played on me. After reading in this forum for months I needed no more proof and I decided to quit and have mailed back the magical scroll manipulation tool to the HQ. I made my resignation at the district's authority and they 've sent me an official certification that I'm out of the church" Buddhism". Maybe I will sent a copy to the Buddhist umbrella organization and ask if a leave of SGI is automatically the leave of Buddhist Association. In a legal sense there may be a grey zone, but I'm not willed to allow SGI to cut my democracy rights of freedom in religion. That's what they really want, to undercut and infiltrate democracy law and establish Cousin Rufu's Reich. One of the SGI mottoes : cousin rufu will be around for the next 10,000 years and we have all time in world, so when we don't win today we'll do tomorrow.

Sensei, you are not in my heart, you are not my fate and I do not love you. Is that clear?

Date: January 23, 2013 05:12PM

Hitch
I have a serious question. Take a look at some of these photos:

1. [www.buddhawest.org]
2. [www.buddhawest.org]
3. [www.buddhawest.org]
4. [www.buddhawest.org]
5. [www.buddhawest.org]

He's like this in many photos that I've seen of him.

Is Danny Nagashima (Cult Boss U.S.A Branch) dealing with a full deck?

Typical gakkai cult drone hyper feigned enthusiasm, btw.

- Hitch

Hahaha photos are best evidence to the Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The bad priests (or the more worse the devil of the sixth heaven!!!) may have hijacked to Danny Nagashima's body.

Posted by: Freeheartandmind ()
Date: January 23, 2013 11:23PM

Welcome That's Me in the Corner...Branch Ikedian, love it! Humor helps a lot with recovery, hence Cousin Rufus.

Date: January 24, 2013 12:49AM

Thank you to everyone for your (ah... do I dare say it?) encouragement. :)

Hitch, Thank you. I am thinking clearer or at least I'm thinking for myself!

TaitanAndProud, thanks for the links. I especially liked the video. How dare he think for himself... No presents for you!... Thank you thought Nazi. Made me laugh.

Sixtyseven, Thank you for the links. Loved your response to the sensei song. I completely agree. That whole song made me cringe. Why is there this need to out grovel one another for big D's attention? I read a quote from Thomas Paine (I think) that says something like this, "If a hundred people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."

Thank you Freeheartandmind and I agree. I have to laugh ... Cousin Rufus, perfect.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: January 24, 2013 02:48AM

sixtyseven
@thatsmeinthecorner: Welcome and thanks for your participation!
For a lot of years I had fooled myself and belittled their psycho games they've played on me. After reading in this forum for months I needed no more proof and I decided to quit and have mailed back the magical scroll manipulation tool to the HQ. I made my resignation at the district's authority and they 've sent me an official certification that I'm out of the church" Buddhism". Maybe I will sent a copy to the Buddhist umbrella organization and ask if a leave of SGI is automatically the leave of Buddhist Association. In a legal sense there may be a grey zone, but I'm not willed to allow SGI to cut my democracy rights of freedom in religion. That's what they really want, to undercut and infiltrate democracy law and establish Cousin Rufu's Reich. One of the SGI mottoes : cousin rufu will be around for the next 10,000 years and we have all time in world, so when we don't win today we'll do tomorrow.

Sensei, you are not in my heart, you are not my fate and I do not love you. Is that clear?

Bravo, sixtyseven, Bravo! What you have said here sums up so much. One gets an official certification? Did they automatically give this to you, or did you have to push?

Kosen-rufu is not democracy. And as we know here, people aren't jumping onto the KR bandwagon, they are just not. Extreme emphasis on a M/D relationship, ain't the way to go and is not an attractive enticement in the least. As we also know, there are people who need and want that with their religious faith. But it's not going to go Critical Mass, oh heck no. And thank heavens for that.

Great post, sixtyseven!

Date: January 24, 2013 03:25AM

Thatsmeinthecorner

Sixtyseven, Thank you for the links. Loved your response to the sensei song. I completely agree. That whole song made me cringe. Why is there this need to out grovel one another for big D's attention? I read a quote from Thomas Paine (I think) that says something like this, "If a hundred people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."

Thank you Freeheartandmind and I agree. I have to laugh ... Cousin Rufus, perfect.

@Thatsmeinthecorner: the links were posted by Hitch. The quote of Paine is great.

I too have noticed the growing phenomena of young women loving Ikeda especially on facebook. A lot of Ikeda photos are posted by women on facebook and an unbelievable mass -hysteria - likes and shares and comments and blinking hearts. That is so so disgusting, how can these attractive, intelligent young women(from all over the world) love an old and ugly man in Japan? Is it l'amour par distance, beginning mass- schizophrenia? I'm not a doctor in psyciatrics but when I spend more time on facebook among the SGI members I could become one.
A month ago a woman (longtime member) went completely nuts on fb, she posted a lot of nonsense all about sensei and kenzoku and haihaihai-babble. The other members came to the result that her fb-account must have been hacked by some SGI enemies to destroy Cousin Rufus and the wonderful kenzoku is forever family. That was so paranoid until her son suddenly made a comment and said they should please stop their stupid comments, cause his mother has real psychotic episodes and couldn't otherwise find back into reality.
I've heard a lot of stories from people who became psychotic after extensive chanting sessions. For exemple there was a man, who soon after receiving his scroll began to dig in his garden, but not only a hole, no he dug the whole garden around the house obsessed by the idea of some bones of an murdered ancestor. I don't know how his family managed the problem, he is an ex-member and has still his scroll in a drawer and the Districts leaders remain silent about him. Well, the organization has no responsibilities when members go crazy, am I right? They say that the struggling ones were just so close to the wall, so close to enlightment- a breakthrough was almost done and then they gave up because of weak faith, or fundamental darkness or not one heart with sensei- so choose what you want!
I am so grateful (sorry for cultspeak) I found this forum, thanks to all posters for the support!

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: January 24, 2013 07:56AM

Shavoy
Kosen-rufu is not democracy.

Very much agreed. The brainwashed gakkai cult members would have you believe it's all about compassion. BS. Cousin Rufus is the manifestation of that intolerance that we've just been discussing in this thread.

Shavoy
And as we know here, people aren't jumping onto the KR bandwagon, they are just not. Extreme emphasis on a M/D relationship, ain't the way to go and is not an attractive enticement in the least. As we also know, there are people who need and want that with their religious faith. But it's not going to go Critical Mass, oh heck no. And thank heavens for that.

I told the same thing to a salaried gakkai cult org. "leader" (the kind that hardcore members thought could walk on water). At that moment, I got branded with a scarlet letter (i.e., a thinking 'member', lacking the proper 'faith', needing 'guidance', etc.).

Crazy gakkai members? Oh hell yeah.

I've watched members collapse on the floor, others crying with tears flowing down their face and limbs shaking as they gave some delusional experience, bring their dysfunctional family fights to a meeting and go stark raving nuts on each other, have seen hardcore gakkai kamikaze members practically physically attack temple (danto) members, and have witnessed more than my fair share of seizure-like NMRK chanters.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that some are out of their minds.

In fact, I think a PhD thesis could be done on the psychopathology of $oka Gakkai Cult membership; a good starting point would be with the "leadership."

- Hitch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.