Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: TheVoid ()
Date: August 05, 2010 08:28PM

Chanter16
The Void said in part:

"It's good that you can appreciate how annoyed and ripped off we all feel, when you see that Soka is a cult of personality, where you cannot get away with disagreeing over matters such as the ridiculous M/D issues, or the fact the you never study the Lotus Sutra because according to Soka we are all too stupid and can't understand any of it, unless Ikeda explains it too us like little children. "

I'm sorry if I don't buy this at all. I don't think you have any true experience with the SGI or you wouldn't be talking about Soka, you would say SGI and you wouldn't say 'study the lotus sutra' because we study Nichiren's writings and you wouldn't say Ikeda explains it too us, because we don't have any direct contact with him - he is in Japan and elderly at this point anyway. And they don't tell us we are too stupid and can't understand, although that is true for many - it is quite complex, but that is beside the point; they don't say things like that. So who are you and why are pretending to have experience with the SGI?

Well hello Chapter 16, if you understood what i was saying you wouldn't reply in such an uniformed manner. Soka, SGI, Daisaku, TAISAKU (that being his real name), Ikeda, Ikea, there is a list of variants used on this forum. Also just because Soka doesnt' 'say' some of those things, it certainly means them.
I am not telling you you are too stupid, the Org is telling everyone they are too stupid to understand because it's all too difficult. So that means or meant everyone on here. I never said anyone was too stupid!
And i certainly know you have no direct contact coz none of his disciples ever do!
But reading his books and quarterlies is how he explains it the masses.

thats my understanding and experience, if you wish to not believe it, then that is your choice, believe what you want to believe!
Pretending, why would i waste my time! No one outside of SGI even knows who the hell they are anyway, only by contact and meetings do you know the kind of outfit they are!

TheVoid

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: August 05, 2010 08:42PM

Chanter16
The Void said in part:

"It's good that you can appreciate how annoyed and ripped off we all feel, when you see that Soka is a cult of personality, where you cannot get away with disagreeing over matters such as the ridiculous M/D issues, or the fact the you never study the Lotus Sutra because according to Soka we are all too stupid and can't understand any of it, unless Ikeda explains it too us like little children. "

I'm sorry if I don't buy this at all. I don't think you have any true experience with the SGI or you wouldn't be talking about Soka, you would say SGI and you wouldn't say 'study the lotus sutra' because we study Nichiren's writings and you wouldn't say Ikeda explains it too us, because we don't have any direct contact with him - he is in Japan and elderly at this point anyway. And they don't tell us we are too stupid and can't understand, although that is true for many - it is quite complex, but that is beside the point; they don't say things like that. So who are you and why are pretending to have experience with the SGI?

If you write me privately, I can show you where SGI does indeed teach that the Lotus Sutra has lost it's power. I can demonstrate to you how shallow is SGI study of the Gosho. I can cite direct quotes proclaiming that only Ikeda can correctly interpret the teachings for modern times and I can show you where they teach that we can not fathom the teachings without Ikeda. You are either lying or you are woefully misinformed. Which is it?

Mark

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: August 06, 2010 03:13AM

@ chanter16

I think you have misunderstood Void's message a bit. What is very true that SGI or Soka or whatever keeps people ignorant on the Lotus Sutra and general Buddhist issues. Members were advised NOT to study the Sutra until a SGI sanctioned translation was available - thats a fact.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 03:35AM by Rothaus.

Posted by: Chanter16 ()
Date: August 06, 2010 10:51AM

[...] I think there are more of us out there that hate to say goodbye but have to because we finally see the SGI is way, way off course. Many saw this coming more quickly than others. I'm just glad I finally did.

[Moderator Note: Personal attacks are not allowed and against the rules you agreed to before posting here.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 06:50PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Chanter16 ()
Date: August 06, 2010 11:02AM

Rothaus: Not really disputing that, just think the void is getting his info from the thread not inside the SGI. that's all.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 06, 2010 06:53PM

Chanter16:

TheVoid is not the topic of this thread.

Please stay on topic.

Posted by: TheVoid ()
Date: August 06, 2010 09:03PM

Chanter16
Rothaus: Not really disputing that, just think the void is getting his info from the thread not inside the SGI. that's all.

Get a grip, i really don't know who you think you are to make unfounded accusations against me.
Whatever i say, you have made up your mind to believe your own story, like the Mod' said this ain't about me.
It's about the way the Soka sucks you in with sweetness and light, then pressures you to believe it's their way or no way at all.
Being told by people who i thought were my friends that those who leave no longer care about there lives and that i have turned my back on them. Is controlling and sick.

where as I can't even work out where you are coming from at all.

Posted by: cyclops ()
Date: August 06, 2010 11:34PM

It’s all window dressing – SGI – Ikeda and the rest of the cabal – POWER is the key all anyone needs to do is to chant – you really don’t need to do anything else – the rest is icing on the cake! If one wants to indulge in the study of Gosho - Lotus Sutra all the better – however chanting raises your life condition – not to achieve ones happiness the mantra I hear all the time from SGI & Ikeda – but to elevate your life condition to achievement enlightenment in this lifetime – Whatever happen to this concept this chatter of practice to be happy is a farce – and the SGI is all over it propagating this as a Buddhist concept “chant to become happy” WHAT UP WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 07, 2010 09:55PM

To whom it may concern:

Chanter16 has been banned from this message board.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: August 08, 2010 03:36AM

cyclops
It’s all window dressing – SGI – Ikeda and the rest of the cabal – POWER is the key all anyone needs to do is to chant – you really don’t need to do anything else – the rest is icing on the cake! If one wants to indulge in the study of Gosho - Lotus Sutra all the better – however chanting raises your life condition – not to achieve ones happiness the mantra I hear all the time from SGI & Ikeda – but to elevate your life condition to achievement enlightenment in this lifetime – Whatever happen to this concept this chatter of practice to be happy is a farce – and the SGI is all over it propagating this as a Buddhist concept “chant to become happy” WHAT UP WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Chant to become happy and get a new car and hot girlfriend" simply sells better than "Elevate your life condition and achieve enlightenment." It's all about numbers -- getting in more new members. More worker bees, more donations, more admirers of Ikeda.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.