Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: DavidM ()
Date: May 23, 2010 10:23PM

Nichijew
SGI-italy, what a mess.

[www.sokarinnovamento.ru]

Not great but Google translate gets the job done.

If what Nichiren Daishonin teaches about unity is true, the future generations have little to worry about the Soka Gakkai despite their great size and wealth.

Nichijew... Crying over SGI Italy's misfortunes that they brought upon themselves............NOT

@Nichijew

I've tried reading this website through google translate, but I just don't get it. Is this a breakaway faction in SGI Italy who are tying to get control, or is this the official SGI Italy trying to put down members trying to change things?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: May 24, 2010 12:15AM

This is a breakaway faction. Kaneda, Roberto Mignoti? and their cronies are the official authorities.

Posted by: doubtful ()
Date: May 24, 2010 12:15AM

Hey Blue Lady, I knew this would happen. I have had it with SGI's dishonest stats. As a district leader I have watched them inflate their numbers with infants, uninterested, and inactive members despite my repeated attempts to clean up the membership lists. They always tell me it's my lack of compassion for those inactive members driving my willingness to respect their wishes NOT to be counted. The theory goes that they might want to practice one day and they are likelier to resume if they still have their Gohonzon. Sure. SGI just does not want to get honest about its lack of members. When I heard about Rock the Era, I thought ok, that's the summer event this year. When I heard it was only for Youth Division I thought great, then I don't have to go. Then when I heard about the 8000 person venue I knew what I was in for. Now, I have learned that others are able to attend as well. They can forget it. I feel quite betrayed. I donated $1000 recently for May contribution. I also give monthly zaimu. I have been contributing for 20 years(not at the same level). They collect money with the idea that it is needed to run and build community centers--something I believed. Then they have the audacity to go and rent out a superexpensive venue--using our money--based I suppose on inflated membership lists. Then they think we have to run around and fill this venue, and for what? What kind of cult-like event is this going to be? Are the YD going to be encouraged to pledge their loyalty to Pres. Ikeda. If they want to make this event happen, they can do it. But I will never give them my money again and I will ask YD in our district to think critically before/during the event.

Date: May 24, 2010 12:44AM

Hey SGBye, I agree with everything you said here. I have been a member for over 20 years and hate the whole mentor-disciple fixation. How could any organization find it appropriate to mention the same person's name ad nauseum in EVERY article, on every page, and out of every leader's mouth. I recently told a co-leader that everytime I hear ment/disc I think CULT. He was quite upset that I indicated that the more Ikeda's accomplishments, including the meaningless honorary doctorates, are mentioned the less likely I am to see him as my mentor. This co-leader then told me I am not really a Nichiren Buddhist since I don't acknowledge my vow to be reborn now to spread the law alongside Ikeda. How dare he say that to me! He then proceeded to indicate that I have changed, that I am clearly not happy. What? I have a very full life, one in which I chant 45 minutes a day, host meetings, enjoy my job, exercise regularly, have interests outside SGI, stay close to family, have a great partner--have a great life. But if Ikeda is not my mentor, I am not happy. Oh okay.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: May 24, 2010 07:49AM

You lack faith in the Eternal Buddha Ikeda Taisaku. "Only through the Soka Gakkai and a relationship with Sensei can one attain Buddhahood." -- Proud SGI Member

Ikeda Kayo-kai Song

In Rythym With Your Life Each Day

Today with you, Sensei
With eternal brilliance in our hearts
We cast away the winter’s gloom
Bringing spring; a brand new start
Like a father you cheer us on
Undefeated, our hearts are one
True disciples for eternity
Ikeda Kayo-kai
We seek from you, Sensei
In rhythm with your life each day
To give courage to all our friends
We awaken to our vow
Illuminated bright as the sun
Like Kaneko’s embracing smile
Ikeda Kayo-kai
We vow to you, Sensei
With justice burning in our hearts
We stand together, we won’t retreat
Always fighting by your side
Eradicating all misery
With monumental victories
Thank you, Sensei!
We are proud to be
Ikeda Kayo-kai
Born together through eternity
Always forging on joyfully
Ikeda Kayo-kai Song
Today with you, Sensei
With eternal brilliance in our hearts
We cast away the winter’s gloom
Bringing spring; a brand new start
Like a father you cheer us on
Undefeated, our hearts are one
Ikeda Kayo-kai
We seek from you, Sensei
In rhythm with your life each day
To give courage to all our friends
We awaken to our vow
Illuminated bright as the sun
Like Kaneko’s embracing smile
Ikeda Kayo-kai
We vow to you, Sensei
With justice burning in our hearts
We stand together, we won’t retreat
Always fighting by your side
Eradicating all misery
With monumental victories
Thank you, Sensei!
We are proud to be
Ikeda Kayo-kai
Born together through eternity
Always forging on joyfully

Posted by: quiet one ()
Date: May 24, 2010 10:53AM

Nichijew, thank you for posting the words to that song. I wondered what the words were.

Ar one of the last kosen rufu gongyos that I attended a group of YWD sang that song. Most of the girls looked like they meant every word and were so enthralled with the whole thing. They had strange faraway looks on their faces. But there was one girl, an American girl whose mother is a big leader, who looked so uncomfortable and sad. It was like she was very embarrassed to be up there singing those words.

To me, that song is really disgusting. It seems pathetic and rather weird that these young girls worship an old man and sing such a song to him/about him.

What does Kayo-kai mean anyways?

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: May 24, 2010 12:51PM

There is a video (out there somewhere) of another song specifically for the young women to sing : "I seek Sensei" with lines like: "and this is MY life, I'm gonna give it all
to kosen-rufu my mission endlessly... And this is MY song of total victory; and I determine, I determine" (Never give up, never give in etc, basically the theme of upcoming rock the era meetings)... and then: "To reaffirm, my youthful vow. In every way I seek Sensei." Capital letters on 'My' are written by me to emphasise the music and the personal point of view these young woman are supposed to sing.
REaffirm?... Seek Sensei in every way?....
I offered to drive part of a family to a big 'rock the era' meeting. There was the line of clappers outside and Mr. Nagashima on a big screen looking like the great and powerful Oz, lots of beating on tires and young people dancing and doing skits. The meeting went 40 minutes over to make time for a youth leader from California going on about the 1000 dialogues and the 2 hundred something honorary degrees. After the 40 minutes over time we weren't allowed to leave even though there were only 3 of us wanting to get to my car; not waiting for one of the busses. Women's division turned us around 3 times. We were going to try exiting the church style pew seats in this venue by the center aisle but a young woman ( byakuren) was posted right at our means of egress with her back toward us, ignoring us. We had been only a few rows from the exit but had to wait a Half an Hour to exit! That is 70 minutes past the planned ending of the meeting and just in time for adding another half hour to the usual 2 hour drive at the beginning of rush hour traffic. The locals somehow slipped out way before us. Now that wasn't the end of the world, but being diverted and blocked without any consideration for individuals daily lives? Someday that young 'blockerin' can work at a table and do team blocking for world peace.
So if it isn't some overblown production, it is going to be overblown hype, like the 'Victory over Violence' exhibit, for example. I gave up something I considered important that day to see the the VOV thing. An oversize 4-fold pamphlet. Or was it two four-folds. If I chant again, as I have mentioned I'm loving life without it, it can't be in the context of such nonsense. I hope there is a way to practice without this group.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2010 01:02PM by rattyboy.

Posted by: quiet one ()
Date: May 24, 2010 01:19PM

Hi, Rattyboy. Actually, I think the song that you're talking about is the one I heard at kosen rufu gongyo. "I seek Sensei" is what it said, I think. How sad for young girls to be wasting their lives "seeking sensei". And what an ego trip for him!

Re: SGI members, FNCC Florida Nature and Culture Center
Date: May 24, 2010 01:21PM

Okay Anti-Cult, I have been posting my raging disenchantment with SGI for the last week, but in all fairness, FNCC is an excellent thing. I have been there 4 times: 3 Mens Div Conferences and 1 Study Conf. Believe it or not, FNCC is an excellent way for SGI members at any level of commitment to the organization to spend 3 days. It is comprised mostly of small sessions where you study the Gosho, and yes, some of Ikeda's ideas too. In truth, I worked through some serious personal problems in those sessions. Furthermore, all the sessions are optional. You are welcome to do with those 3 days as you please, ultimately. They provide superb food 3x a day and they do take you for non-SGI excursions in surrounding areas like Ft Lauderdale beach, Miami Beach, and the Everglades at no additional cost. There is a nice swimming pool and two jacuzzi tubs for everyone to use. You have lots of opportunity to receive guidance from leaders and they really do give you valuable advice about how to view your issues and how to apply the practice to them. I have had nothing but positive experiences at FNCC. Even looking back at it now with my new perspective, it is probably flawed in some way, as most things are, but it is doing far more good than anything else. I considered going to similar things run by other organizations only to find out that $400 for what SGI gives you is a steal. Other organizations, religious and non, charge more, especially when you factor in other costs and comfort levels.

Posted by: wakatta1 ()
Date: May 24, 2010 05:48PM

@doubtful

"Believe it or not, FNCC is an excellent way for SGI members at any level of commitment to the organization to spend 3 days."

Hmm, hadn't heard of this. Seems to me to be too little too late. Such a thing has been needed for a long time. Not to sound too cynical, but do they also market SGI Florida timeshares in reclaimed swampland during the sessions? There has to be some sort of SGI income producing activity or they wouldn't be doing it based on what I've learned about the organization in the past. Were you approached for "big donations" while you were involved in the meetings? Perhaps sessions to help you "determine your life's goals and how you can overcome your karma through heartfelt determination and expanded zaimu contributions"? SGI rarely gives something for nothing.

Wakatta

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.