Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: sushigrl ()
Date: December 30, 2009 06:07AM

This guy's a better sensei...[buddhajones.com], [morzh.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2009 06:32AM by sushigrl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DrJesusEsq ()
Date: December 30, 2009 08:02AM

Reading the two posts from Byrd, it reminds of Chapter 20 of the Lotus Sutra, the Bodhisattva Never Disparaging. She bows to all whomever they are and see's their Buddha-nature, only to be abused with rocks, sticks, and words by arrogant monks and nuns.

This is how one becomes a True Buddha, hentai!

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: December 30, 2009 08:47AM

Rothaus
@ tsukimoto

you should mention the dirty laundry after her passing. SGI showed its true face !!!

True, Rothaus. Some SGI members were saying that her death, caused by heart trouble, was brought on by her criticism of SGI. The following poster, (Brightlightcity) also slammed her for the bad condition that her apartment, and altar were in after her death. The truth is, her body had been in the apartment for a couple of days after her death. The Hazmat team, and police had been in her apartment investigating, as they do when there is an unexpected death like that -- they probably knocked over the altar, not knowing the significance of it.

More of SGI's fear tactics -- criticize SGI or neglect your altar, and you too could be dead of a heart attack in your early fifties.

--------Beginning of Quote, SGI Unofficial Message Board---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have noticed much carelessness on this site regarding points
mentioned earlier that I truly fear for some of the people making
comments here. I expressed this personally to one such woman who was
involved with this website while she was alive. I considered her a
friend. My wife and I used to hang out with her, and we often chanted
together.

It was not until after she passed I am sad to say that we
realized the state of her practice. After the HAZMAT team had removed
her, the carpet, numerous items and had scraped the walls, her
Butsudan at first could not be found. Eventually it was, lying on its
back underneath the rubbish that covered her place, covered in
cobwebs. I had attempted to speak directly to her on a few occasions
but she avoided direct dialogue on the subject-at least with us. Why
do I mention this? It is because many people on this site treated her
as if she "had it together" and was right on, and it turned out that
nothing could be
> further from the truth.

As sweet and intelligent as she was in
person she fell into a trap that we all can easily fall into.My take
on the Daishonin's admonition that "Misfortune comes from one's mouth"
is that careless speech is very dangerous. "Fortune comes from one's
mind" I take to mean-in one sense- to think before one speaks, or in
this case writes.
> Some of you might criticize me for bringing this up, some might
use it to realize that the effects of slander of the Law takes many
forms.
>
-----------------------End of Quote----------------------------------------------------------------------

Way to go, Brighlights, slander a dead person who can't defend herself.

And wasn't there some controversy over the memorial service. That SGI wasn't going to have one for her, or they had one and it wasn't very good? I do know that Bill and Jean Anker, and other friends of hers, had their own memorial service for Byrd.

Posted by: sushigrl ()
Date: December 30, 2009 09:02AM

And don't ya love them equating "slandering the Law" with slandering the SGI, like the two were one and the same. NOT! But the SGI police are going to enforce "the law" however they see fit. THEY are the arrogant ones.

Posted by: DrJesusEsq ()
Date: December 30, 2009 10:18AM

Reading Brightlight's dim comments make me want to say a certain word . . . .It begins with an F and ends with an "uck". I might even add a letter "U" if I were ever to cross her. Seriously, someone's got some major issues of stupidity and disrespect to iron out.

SGI can truly be an evil sect.
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 30, 2009 10:40AM

That actually sounds like a lie by this SGI person.

What was this person doing in her apartment after her death? Who would let her in?
Was she even in the apt, or did she just make it all up? It sounds made up.
But if she ended up in her home, what is she doing rummaging around?
Was she allowed to do that by the estate and the will? You can't go into a deceased person's home and start rummaging around.
Its totally illegal.

So it actually sounds like this SGI person made up this story, and was coached to do so, as the lady who died was known for criticizing SGI online. So SGI decided to make a "myth" about her, to try to scare others into silence.
What gives it away is the "cobwebs", that is nonsense.
What an awful sect SGI can be.

And even for the sake of argument, lets say a person died, and then their home turned out to be a mess. So what? That is PRIVATE. Maybe she was sick from her heart condition and couldn't clean it up. You don't go and smear a person's memory with nonsense about their private home.

This vile comment from this SGI fanatic is way over the line.
She is literally saying if you dare to criticize Ikeda and SGI, you might die.
And SGI tried to concoct a myth that her Butsudan was covered with cobwebs and rubbish.
Someone from SGI coached her, and taught her to repeat that utter nonsense. Talk about slander, trying to smear a person after they have passed away.
A heart condition has nothing to do with a "Butsudan" or chanting, that is another fraud of SGI.

It sounds like something from Ikeda, the part about careless speech being dangerous. That is what Ikeda just said recently, to try and keep people quiet and thoughtless.

What a truly evil sect, SGI can be. To try to do that to a person.
Meanwhile, that crook Ikeda runs amok, cleaning out people's bank accounts worldwide.

tsukimoto

--------Beginning of Quote, SGI Unofficial Message Board-----------------------------------------------------... her Butsudan at first could not be found. Eventually it was, lying on its
back underneath the rubbish that covered her place, covered in
cobwebs. ...
My take on the Daishonin's admonition that "Misfortune comes from one's mouth"
is that careless speech is very dangerous. "Fortune comes from one's
mind" I take to mean-in one sense- to think before one speaks, or in
this case writes.
> Some of you might criticize me for bringing this up, some might
use it to realize that the effects of slander of the Law takes many
forms.
>
-----------------------End of Quote--------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: December 30, 2009 01:11PM

Here's an excerpt from Ikeda's New Year's Message in the 1/1/10 issue of the World Tribune. It may be one of his kookiest quotes yet regarding the mentor-disciple relationship:

"The Brazilian astronomer Dr. Ronaldo Mourao, with whom I have published a dialogue, remarked that an individual's innate potential can blossom in a much more vigorous form through the mentor-disciple relationship, and he said that he considered this the most correct 'orbit' for human beings to travel."

Huh? What? If someone out there can logically explain what the hell that even means, I'd appreciate it.

Posted by: evergreen ()
Date: December 30, 2009 02:16PM

SGBye - I wrote a while back that I noticed this very thing - he meets with people to dialogue and then interjects the mentor disciple thing. I notice people don't respond once he gets on his high horse. They end the quote. I know these people are thinking "what the hell is this guy referring to." Its akin to writing a thesis and finding research to support your claim. This is my humble opinion.

Wayfarer - I am getting calls left and right. I am worried about telling these people to stop calling me. This is because I am afraid they will hold my behavior against my parents.

*I too feel like Byrd because all of my leaders know how I feel. However, I have not told anyone of my deceiful and undermining tactics vis a vis being part of this forum?!?! Oy vey people. Does anyone see how paranoid the SGI is being? If I really wanted to I could talk to all my shakubukus over the years and tell them my issues. Then I could deliberately try to disuade them from practicing with the SGI. That would be really pro-active/slanderous, wouldn't it? As I said earlier, I know that if the powers that be find out I love Rick Ross then my parents will be stripped of their very identity.

On a more serious note - I have a request. I know some of you know the answer to this: I would like to find a true story of the SGI. I've heard of books in Japan that tell the truth, but am not interested in the political Komeito party thing, which is what these books are about. Any other good ones?

Also, I have been looking into finding a support group for former cult members that meet in person. Some of the groups are just holy rollers in disguise. I think I may need help from some people who have been in cults. I'm having more trouble than I thought I would have with being on my own. A support group that meets weekly or monthly might help. A therapist isn't going to understand this. Although there was an old therapist of mine who told me "sounds like this guy believes his own press" referring to Ikea (interestingly enough The Swedish store Ikea is just as rich as the real Ikeda). So that's it I need self help books and a regular support group.

I think this forum is the best thing out there. Just wondering what it would be like to meet with ex cult members on a regular basis.

BTW some of your stories and postings make me smile and laugh. I really appreciate you guys. Happy almost new year hentei! :)

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: December 30, 2009 04:55PM

@ evergreen

As far as I know there are no recent books on SGI in an objective manner. As you know there are only those socio-demographic books by "independent"(????) researchers.
This is actually a good article: Mystery with a reason. I once contacted the author but he no longer wishes to look deeper into the matter. Even though I believe that SGI is on the same level as Scientology it still is on the fringe regarding coverage by the press and interest by the public.
Actually the Lisa Jones incident does make me angry still as some journalist organistaion should have picked up the matter - to my taste it goes against the freedom of speech what happend and I guess Ms. Jones had more to say still. If you do follow this thread Lisa - hope you are well. You have already helped many.

I am sure there are support groups out there Evergreen - and with your parents involved your situatuion is quite special - in my case at least my parents do not parctise but another family member. It seems to me that you are in a way still in the closet with your feelings about SGI. I truly hope you will find some 1to1 support as it must be harder for you than for any of us. But what is sure is that the raltionship to your parents will change afterwards.
The 20 years I was in SGI I lost a lot of my friends that I met over the years ... always filtering potential freinds through the SGI-Colander and see if they can live up to my expectaions (how sick). SGI makes one become quite arrogant have you noticed??

One other thing: As some of you were so kind to publish the latest "guidances" (more obvious than ever cultish) I noticed that in the past the focus was allways on the individual .... is it me or has this disappeared from the scene and been replaced by Mr. Ikeda being the worlds mentor??

One last remark about Byrd. It may sound stupid, but to me she represented what SGI was all about when I was a teen (naive) and just became a member. It was nice of DrJesusEsq to compare her to Bodhisattva Never Disparaging as many of her online friends felt the same way. She was able to hold real dialogues with people never trying to insult them. She even befriended some followers of Nichiren Shu, and to my knowledge had no intentions to leave SGI. She was what SGI will never be: open, human, eager to learn and listen, respectful, humble and anything but paranoid. Actually she showed the qualities one would expect from a true mentor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2009 04:58PM by Rothaus.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 31, 2009 02:03AM

It does seem that being in SGI for a long time, does make some SGI people very arrogant and judgemental.
Even with their "friends", if their friend has a problem in their life, the SGI person will tell you the way to solve it is to join SGI and chant. If you refuse, then if you have another problem, they will rudely point the finger and even say its your own fault as you refused SGI chanting.
The extreme is when they try to blame illnesses and death on people for refusing SGI chanting.

And what do they say when longterm, practicing SGI members get ill, and die, even though they have hundreds of SGI chanting for their health? They blame that person, and say it was a problem with that person.

Its the standard blame the victim method, Byron Katie does the identical thing.
If anything goes wrong in your life, its YOUR fault for not doing the "process" right. The process they are selling is never wrong, according to them.

As far as an SGI book, don't hold your breath. Any publisher that tried to do a book on SGI would be harrassed massively by SGI, and would spend a fortune just dealing with the SGI harrassment.
The book would also not sell very well, as the interest is pretty narrow. So its a money-loser for a publisher.
Maybe a few good chapters on SGI in a larger book about new religious sects and cults?

But SGI will attack any publisher who tries to put out a book about SGI, that is for certain. SGI has done it many times already, attacking newspapers and media, like Scientology does. This way, the editors don't want the hassle, and don't bother with groups like Scientology or SGI.

That's why much of the media try to avoid mentioning them, to avoid the hassle and expense of the organized attacks by the cult.
If there are former SGI members who made detailed reports to some serious media, there could be a good investigative article into the upper levels of SGI.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.