Current Page: 30 of 748
Former SGI members, Daisaku Ikeda, one of histories greatest men!
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: August 07, 2009 11:40AM

Yep, according to Wiki, Daisaku Ikeda quit school in 1948, age 20.
Its a pattern with some folks who had to quit school in order to work, they regret it, and then try to overcompensate by getting "252 honorary doctorates, and 555 honorary citizenships".
So he probably already has the world record.
Who knew there were "555 honorary citizenships" and only about 200 countries in the world?

That Daisaku Ikeda Wiki page is just full of stuff that would be challenged and taken out for other people, but with various sects, there are people who devote themselves to watching over the sects Wiki site.
[en.wikipedia.org]

there is a little bit of Wiki arguing here about Daisaku Ikeda, with some calling him one of the most remarkable people in history!! So that is their objective, to portray Ikeda as one of histories greatest men. Wonder who's idea that was??
:-)
[en.wikipedia.org]

And notice below, Ikeda is also a master of all the social sciences, hard sciences, economics, maths, law, and everything else. What, not also a master of music? What a slacker.
Seriously, its really to the point of self-parody, the extreme narcissism, but that explains a lot.

[en.wikipedia.org]
QUOTE: "In 1948, he quit night school, in order to help and work for his mentor, Josei Toda's publishing business. In return for this, Mr. Toda taught Ikeda literature, history, chemistry, physics, political science, economics, law, mathematics, and Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhist philosophy."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2009 11:45AM by The Anticult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Former SGI members, Daisaku Ikeda, one of histories greatest men!
Date: August 07, 2009 11:50AM

QUOTE EXCEPRT BELOW:

[www.proudblackbuddhist.org]

"This is the erotic bronze relief that Daisaku Ikeda had made of himself to be placed at the main altar in the head temple. Ikeda took advantage of the fact that SGI was, at that time, constructing the main building and had the thing installed in front of the most sacred Object of Worship in Nichiren Shoshu. One writer reported that Ikeda wanted to demonstrate his authorrity over the Dai-Gohonzon and the Nichiren Shoshu priesthood. Ikeda stated that his "soul was at Taisekiji." This grotesque, arrogant idea is charactoristic of a man of strong narcissism."

SGI members are constantly bombarded with informercials and images of Daisaku Ikeda's public relation campaigns designed to make him look important. The man that SGI members have called the "Living Buddha" indulges himself in awards, medals and honours.

"All These Honors"
"The honorary doctorates and professorships I have recieved
from academic institutions around the world now total 55. I have
been advised of the bestowal of several more such honors in the
near future, which will bring the number to well over 60...
I hope you will be proud of this. I have absolutely no doubt
that this good fortune and benefit flows directly to you and
your descendants."
Daisaku Ikeda
Oct 23 1998 World Tribune

Date: August 07, 2009 11:58AM

There are some informative webpages that come up if you search Google for:

"Daisaku Ikeda" cult

"Daisaku Ikeda" scandal

Date: August 07, 2009 12:01PM

QUOTE:

However, Johnson is actually a member of a very controversial fringe group of that religion called Soka Gakkai International (SGI), which has often been called a “cult.”

The 52-year-old Democratic House of Representatives member has reportedly been a member of the group for 30 years.

SGI is essentially a totalitarian organization ruled by its perpetual leader Daisaku Ikeda, a wealthy and powerful Japanese businessman who also largely runs the often equally controversial New Komeito political party in Japan....
(cont'd)

Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: August 07, 2009 11:13PM

I like www.proudblackbuddhist. Anthony Elmore has found and organized a lot of information about Ikeda -- things that people need to know. I agree with him that Ikeda plotted the split with the priesthood years in advance. As he says, we SGI members (NSA back then), rarely spoke with priests. We were always encouraged to get guidance from SGI leaders instead, and these leaders told us how arrogant, rude , and uninterested in the members the priests were. We had no way of knowing what the priests were really like, having had so little contact with them. What he writes about the Soka Gakkai of the late 1980's -- 1990's rings true for me. (His pictures of the big NSA conventions -- huge pictures of Ikeda, performers, cheering crowds, brings to mind certain youtube videos of North Korea.)

However, I feel that I should say this: Mr. Elmore is a member of Nichiren Shoshu, and he does have a bias toward them. He has the right to his bias, as I have the right to mine (not trusting the priesthood) -- it's just something that a reader should consider as they read his writing, or mine. He states: "Today, many SGI members yearn for a priest and spiritual direction."

Fine, maybe some of us yearn for spiritual direction, but do we really need a priest? I don't like this notion that I need a priest or I won't attain enlightenment -- how is that any different than the idea that I need Ikeda as a mentor to attain enlightenment?

As for Ikeda's statement that his honors and awards make "good fortune and benefit flow to" the SGI members...oh, please. Something is flowing, but it ain't good fortune and benefit. Has he never heard of Nichiren Daishonin's statement -- something to the effect of, you can watch your neighbor count his money all you like, but it's not going to make you any richer.

Former SGI members, Daisaku Ikeda "Malignant Narcissism", cult scandal
Date: August 08, 2009 12:51AM

thx for the update on the Elmore site. In no way was posting a link meant to endorse that website's ideas or positions, critical thinking is always needed by each person, of course.

Frankly, the only thing looked at was the erotic Bronze statue/imprint Ikeda had made of himself, that was posted there.
Something like that is so incredibly...what is the word?
That is malignant narcissism.
Its a type of self-worship, almost a self-eroticism to an extremely perverse degree.

And one can see this in the photo's on this page of Ikeda.
That is modelled LITERALLY on the Stalinist propaganda techniques, which is where North Korea got their crude propaganda techniques.
Of course, Ikeda toned that down later, in the west, and modified the techniques to a great degree.

Daisaku Ikeda clearly has a malignant narcissism disorder, which is very dangerous.

Search google for:

"Malignant Narcissism"

Re: Former SGI members, Daisaku Ikeda "Malignant Narcissism", cult scandal
Date: August 08, 2009 01:07AM

also, of couse Ikeda would want to cut the priests out of it...every businessman wants to cut out the middleman, and priests aren't going to take orders very well.
And the King wants to get rid of the Pope, even better, make himself the Pope. Its an old story.

but the Elmore site above, has some strange info in it as well.
It says here that SGI is worth 125 billion, from TIME magazine? Is that anywhere near accurate?
Can anyone find reports in Forbes, Time, or other business websites about the estimates of the SGI assets and wealth? And Daisaku Ikeda's estimated wealth?
If anyone can find anything please post it in the thread.
If its anywhere near 100 billion, that is at an entirely different level.

[www.toride.org]
"PROF. HIROHISA KITANO (Professor of law at Nihon University): Nobody knows actually how rich Soka Gakkai is. Experts estimate Soka Gakkai has more than 1,000 properties throughout Japan with total assets of more than 10,000 billion yen (125 billion U.S. dollars)."

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: August 08, 2009 04:17AM

tsukimoto
Fine, maybe some of us yearn for spiritual direction, but do we really need a priest? I don't like this notion that I need a priest or I won't attain enlightenment -- how is that any different than the idea that I need Ikeda as a mentor to attain enlightenment?

Hi tsukimoto,
Since I am in the process joining Nichiren Shu I found your rethoric question interesting, because in the way you ask still shows some traces of SGI :-)
Its not the WE, but YOU !!!
From my contact with Nichiren Shu I noticed that their ministers, Asian or whatever background, have knowledge, informed knowledge. They are certain on what they belive in, but not disregarding other views. That sort of knowledge can not be gained having a regular job and joining meetings twice a week. They (the priests female and male) decided to dedicate their life in order to pass on to the next generation what they believe to be true.
Now me as an individual can take up their service in terms of advice and guidance or even taking some time out in a temple when I feel there is a need for.
In order to keep an open mind one should not forget that as ex-SGI members our attitude towards priests has been influenced by our experience with Nichiren Shoshu.
The nice thing I noticed in Nichiren Shu that some do have a Sensei, but most have a differnt one than the other - which says a lot already.
And I see it as a bliss that there is no lay organisation as such.
So its much more about me and my faith, a faith that I have no urge to force on someone else, not about material gains, but about being a decent person - at least trying to. And I decided that this faith is a good way to reflect on my ways in life. Now and again a third neutral person can be of help - in this case a priest. And YOU decide who is your mentor - no one else but you. And whos to say that the chosen one accepts you as his/her student - no guarantee on that one either?
So ist not the question what we need but waht you need. Nichiren showed utmost care in his writings for the individual he was corresponding with and tried to reflect on their situation in the light oft the Lotos Sutra. Nothing more and nothing less - I doubt they were running to meetings all the time. It was a one on one relationship. Lets not forget that the mentor disciple relationship as practiced in SGI is not according to buddhist tradition.
Just some thoughts of mine :-)
Gassho
Rothaus

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 04:27AM by Rothaus.

Posted by: gingermarie ()
Date: August 08, 2009 08:55AM

I checked out the bronze "statue/sculpture" and didn't know whether to laugh or puke! I can not believe the gall he had to allow that to adorn the head temple at all. He has no shame whatsoever.

On another note, I found out that the Boston Research Center for the 21st Century has announced a new name, drum roll please. . . you guessed it: The Ikeda Center for Peace,Learning and Dialogue. The Center's next forum will be "John Dewy, Daisaku Ikeda, and the Quest for a New Humanism." Sigh. . .will it ever end?

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: August 08, 2009 09:13AM

Rothaus
tsukimoto

Hi tsukimoto,
Since I am in the process joining Nichiren Shu I found your rethoric question interesting, because in the way you ask still shows some traces of SGI :-)
Its not the WE, but YOU !!!

Rothaus, that is a good point. Thanks for mentioning it.

Gingermarie, I know, I looked at the bronze and didn't know whether to gag or laugh either. How can that man even think he looks good like that, much less put his image up at a temple!? The funny thing is, I've been to the head temple twice -- once in 1987, once in 1990, before the Nichiren Shoshu/SGI feud became public. I don't remember seeing that image either time and it's not the kind of thing you'd forget. No matter how hard you try. So how did I miss it?

Current Page: 30 of 748

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.