Current Page: 744 of 748
Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Date: May 30, 2016 01:20AM

I mentioned TWO attacks from noble Nichiren Bodhisattvas of the Earth - here's the second. First of all, this person seems to be a Nichiren Shoshu member (that's the intolerant cult that provided the Soka Gakkai with its original religious legitimacy), and second, I think you'll see that they're WAY more similar than they are different! We'll start with this person's initial post on a "What should I do with my gohonzon now that I don't want it any more?" topic:

Hello there! Respect and wishes of happiness to you!

The most appropriate method of course is to Return it to the temple. It signifies your desire to end this practice, and exercise esteem and mutual respect for returning a "lent" object, which is the Honzon. The Honzon was never to be owned. So This is the most "appropriate" and "considerate" method. Of course, 99% chance is that you will NOT do this. I have no desire to argue or debate, just sharing what is the "most appropriate" method. It will also give you a sense of ending, moving on, and closing a chapter in a more permanent way with both class and dignity. There is no shame in this. I also assure you that if you do it this way, you will have a more peaceful self-respect towards yourself as you move on and move forward towards your next chapter of happiness—whatever and wherever that may be. You can bury the experience and truly move on.

If you have an SGI Gohonzon, a Nichiren Shoshu temple will also tell you that it is most appropriate to return it to the SGI offices or an SGI leader. Because it signifies respect and dignity with professional and diplomatic endeavor—regardless of the excommunication or temple split. Even if the temple considers an SGI Honzon to be Fake or impotent—that is irrelevant. Giving it Back to them is just the morally upright and respectful thing to do. No need to argue, debate or rehash. Just give it back and say to yourself—"thank you anyway for the experience.".
Traditionally, Buddhist religious articles, when no longer used are to be burned. Sometimes there is a special ritual that is associated with this, sometimes there isn't. The point is---it is casted into fire as an offering or to purify it. This transcends Buddhist sects and lines. Some do it when they quit,, some do it on New Years, some do it when a funeral is finished. Juzu, Ihai, toba, Gongyo book, Honzon, Kesa, these all qualify.

Ultimately, you as now a rebel un-believer, you are also free to do as you wish, you might also consider what you want to do according to your personal will. Maybe keep it, frame it, or use it as accessory. Maybe even throw in the garbage can. who knows right? You can discard it respecffully or disrespectfully, formally or informally, faithfully or faithlessly. The choice really is yours and yours alone without force or pressure. I would say however that if you do it this way, it will most likely harbor negativity, bitterness, anger and disrespect towards a bad memory. But you must Do what you feel is right for you. Sincerely! :-) Hope this helps. - from "NichirenShoshu"

And here's the response *I* got to the information I provided the requester:

So typical of your classless hostile response. Trash. Immature and condescending. Always the need to attack others eh?

First of all, nobody was asking about YOUR experience or your research materials. We all acknowledge that people can do what they want to do with the material possessions in their belonging. Quit the self projecting, nobody was interested in you. You are the only one tooting your own horn, flagging self-advertisement deluding themselves that people are interested in your shítty bitter experiences. Get over yourself, sweetheart. Nobody in SGI cares about you or what happened to you. Lmfao

The OP asked what is the appropriate method to do with their Gohonzon. Since this topic is subjectively debated, there is an option to do what is appropriate and that is to return it with candor and dignity. They don't have to if they don't want but it is the right and dignified way to dispose of their unwanted object that is no longer their devotion. It's not about the "precious" either you babbling moron. It's about returning an item to its appropriate receptacle of disposal, a respectful manner that avoids inflammatory method both to the sentiment of the temple and the sentiment of the former believer----and nobody is preventing or dictating the person should he or she decide to keep in the closet, frame it or put it in the trash. The comment about burning religious articles in Buddhism is accurate. You, on the other hand contributed nothing to the discussion. All you do is yell and scream like a retarded moderator with no logical thinking. Sad that you think we have to "manipulate" others on a basic commenting forum. You really have lost your marbles, driven by your mental paranoia against the world religions. What a weirdo.

Nobody is dictating the person. They asked a question and we are all able to offer a civil diplomatic adult suggestion. But of course, you don't know what that means. You are a violent, hateful, vengeful miserable individual that is jealous of SGI's success and equally bitter about the Temple excommunication. You on the other hand enjoys a pissing match just to make your atheist opinion loud and brassy. You really have no class, it's pathetic. The suggestion wasn't directed at you. Nobody was asking or is interested in your garbage materials, or those eBay Nichiren Shu scrolls you hang bitterly on your walls. Nobody gives a penny damn if you throw them off the the mountain cliff. You are a nobody in this fight. But since you are obsessed about dictations—here is one especially dosed for you—PLEAZEEE Get some mental therapy, is it now time for your medication??? - from "NichirenShoshu"

I don't want to post links, but you can copy a portion of the text and do a "Search" on that and it will take you to the sources :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 31, 2016 10:26AM

Hi Taiten! Glad to see you're well.

There is more projection in those two responses than at the
Sundance Film Festival.

People secure in their faith would feel no need to spew such venom.

Projection is a form of defense in which unwanted feelings are displaced onto another person, where they then appear as a threat from the external world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2016 10:31AM by corboy.

Date: December 13, 2016 01:29AM

Here's that picture of "Sensei" standing on his Malibu lawn - the old link's gone dead: [s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com]

Date: December 13, 2016 03:42AM

Here's that picture of "Sensei" standing on his Malibu lawn - the old link's gone dead: [s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com]

Secret initiations by SGI?
Posted by: RosaArbil ()
Date: April 02, 2017 03:45PM

The national coordinator of SGI came to my place about two years after I received the gohonzon. He spent an awfully long time in my bathroom; do they do secret initiations there?

Why are all the national coordinators Japanese?

Does part of the donations to a national centre go to Japan?

Date: June 29, 2017 04:43AM

Takeharu Onodera 81+90-5385-3400(he is an electrical engineer and high-level recruiter - fanatic) and Kumiko Onodera 81+90-5291-5181(she owns and operates the restaurant attached to their home) they live on the first floor of 5-18-16 Kurokami Kumamoto in Kyushyu Japan postal code 096- They have gone to the Tokyo Headquarters and requested I be killed. I fear I do not have long to live. So I will provide you with their contact information so letters can be sent to and phone calls can be made to them should I die prematurely. It is a shame theses are my father-in-law and mother-in-law.

{Moderator Note: Don't post contact information at this message board. It is against the rules posted that you agreed to before entering comments here.}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2017 04:49AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 29, 2017 04:52AM

Sidhartha is the architect:

If you fear that your life is in danger report it to local law enforcement in your immediate area.

Date: June 29, 2017 07:23PM

Thank you, I apologize for the message.

Posted by: DaniMytho ()
Date: September 06, 2017 03:05AM

Hi everybody.

I'll identify myself as D., and about my nationality, i am brazillian.

I have some questions about SGI and i hope that you guys can show me some perspective.

I've been studying Buddhism for a very long time. I've been to a couple of temples before and studied about many schools and docrtines, so i'm not new to Buddhism.

However, only recently i have converted to Nichiren Buddhism and got into the SGI.

At first glance, the organization impressed me. A consultive organ at the UN, promoting education, culture and world peace, specially against nuclear weapons, which is the hot topic at the moment. No pun intended.

Also i've never been trusty of any type of monastic or clerical order, even when i was a presbeterian christian during my childhood and adolescence.

However, i kind of feel ashamed that i entered with such ease, without making deep researches about the organization. How could i have made such thoughtless decision? It may be that I was overwhelmed by the fact that I could not stand pretending to my family that i still was a christian anymore, and wanted to be part of some sangha. A group that i could really identify ideologically with in the matters of spirituality.

Buddhism has helped me to come through many dark moments in my life, and i've always found that inner strenght to deal with my problems. I am very grateful that i could have knowledge about the Buddha's teaching about suffering and existence. It helped me grow as a person and to find peace, even if for a split second when i meditate.

The practive of Soka Gakkai's Nichiren Buddhism, in and of it self does not bother me that much. To chant Nam-myo-ho-ren-gue-kyo towards the Gohonzon does not bother me as religious practice. Neither does the fact that Nichiren, at his time, was a militant. All religions have dark moments and that does not mean that the present should follow suit.

I'm not about to proselityze other people, especially friends and family. I'm in good terms with my religious perspective and I don't need to prove my faith or disdain of other's beliefs. My religion is a matter that concerns me, and me alone and it will never be a reason to violate other people's rights. Their human rights above anything else.

That being said, I have been wondering the following: as much as it's true that the majority of the adepts have a fixation on Dr. Ikeda and that many proselityze (which, again, is a practice that I don't agree with to the extent that becomes annoying and disrespectful), and as much that I don't chant to get material gains (as I have a very good financial situation, for which i'm very grateful to my parents and help my community in what i can), would it still be a good idea to stay in SGI, even though i don't agree with everything and won't behave as the organization wishes?

I think in every religion there are things that the adepts do not agree with, but remain in the organization nonetheless. The Roman Catholic Church is a very good example of what I am talking about. And i think that is my present relationship with the SGI.

So far, the people I have met did not even mention about the NEED to convert people, neither demanded donations or to buy books. The only thing I have ever paid for them, so far, its the praying booth that costed me roughly US$ 16. I have also bought a juzu beads rosary, but I did that out of my own volition, without them offering me and telling me that the beads are not a requirement to chant, as it is optional.

So, maybe its because i'm very new and they didn't pressure me yet, or that the BSGI has a different approach towards the faith, people and newcomers that differs from the American SGI and the Japanese SGI, which again is something that i've been wondering and still did not reach a conclusion.

Even tough the SGI don't seem to teach about other concepts of Buddhism, such as the Four Noble Truths, The Noble Silence, The Eightfold Path, etc...during my chanting i still ponder about those concepts and relate them to my present moment in life, so i may find solution to whatever is clouding my mind. Whether or not they agree with my approach, i really don't care, as they cannot do anything about it. In fact, if i don't tell them, they won't ever even know.

I don't know. I am kind of lost and feeling in conflict with myself. Remaining in an organization that has many downsides (albeit it also has its good sides, such as stimuli to education, culture and world peace, which are things that i heavily endorse) whilst i still keep in mind teachings of some other Buddhist schools.

If any of you guys could show me some insight, as many of you may have much more experience and knowledge about the topic, i'd be very grateful for some opinions about my current stance.

I'm very sorry for any and all english grammar mistakes and mispronunciations I may have made.

Peace for all,

D.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: October 22, 2017 12:32PM

Everything you need to know about the SGI cult... [www.reddit.com]

Everything you need to know about the Lotus Sutra Buddhism of Nichiren...
[markrogow.blogspot.com]

Current Page: 744 of 748

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.