Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 29, 2013 09:44PM

cuelo/cuelero has a range of meanings.

In Mexican slang, calling someone a "cuelero" means calling that person an arsehole/asshole.

[www.google.com]

NKT = New Kadampa Tradition.

It has been discussed on this message board.

[forum.culteducation.com]

[w3.culteducation.com]

Others have concerns and are discussing it.

[www.google.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 29, 2013 10:16PM

Cuelo can just mean rear end. Context is everything.

Cuelo caliente! -- Hot ass!

A pal went to an event (now defunct) called Incredibly Strange Wrestling. One fighter, a big lady gave herself the monicker Cuello del Meurte -- Ass of Death.

Some guys disrupted a match by running across the stage with toilet paper (loo paper) trailing from their belts.

Cuelo del Muerte grabbed one of them and sat on him.

Guy begged her to stop.

She bellowed, "You gotta call me Momma! And you gotta say you like it!"

Guy wasnt released from pancake status until he recited the surrender words.

If only cult fighting could be done so easily...

Date: August 30, 2013 01:45AM

At least Shin didn't spend his last days chronicling the misfortunes of others.
He DID spend months, if not years, chronicling the misfortunes of the Nichiren Shoshu priests, though.

When the members are assured that proper, devoted practice brings protection from all corners of the universe and health, prosperity, and happiness - and they most certainly ARE told this - it is certainly germane and necessary to point out the misfortunes of those who are supposedly "doin it rite." If THEY, with all the supposed "fortune" they've accumulated, can't activate enough gohonzonal or univeral protection to, say, keep their eldest son from dying from a rather trivial stomach ailment, then what hope do any of the rest of us have? In other words, it is THEIR misfortunes that put the lie to all their claims of "fortune" and "protection," which serve as hooks to get naive suffering people into the cult.

Surely you wouldn't deny that the SGI has all the key characteristics of a dangerous cult, would you, HansTaaibosch?

For reference: [www.theguardian.com]

To keep this short, here are just a few of the characteristics in the list:

1. A charismatic leader, who increasingly becomes an object of worship as the general principles that may have originally sustained the group lose power. That is a living leader, who has no meaningful accountability and becomes the single most defining element of the group and its source of power and authority.

2. A process [of indoctrination or education is in use that can be seen as] coercive persuasion or thought reform [commonly called "brainwashing"].

The culmination of this process can be seen by members of the group often doing things that are not in their own best interest, but consistently in the best interest of the group and its leader.

Some groups may not fit the definition of a cult, but may pose potential risks for participants. Here are 10 warning signs of a potentially unsafe group or leader.

Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget or expenses, such as an independently audited financial statement.

Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

There are records, books, news articles, or broadcast reports that document the abuses of the group/leader.

Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

The group/leader is always right.

The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.
Gosh, that's got ol' Senseless Dai-Sucky Ick-eda written large all over it, doesn't it???

SGI: NO financial transparency or accountability. NO democratic processes - leaders are "appointed", not democratically elected. Evil Latter Day of the Law! Sansho Shima! King Devil of the 6th Heaven! Hell of Incessant Suffering!! Always seek to stay in the correct orbit of the most wonderful and family-like organization in the history of the universe! NEVER GO TAITEN!! You'll cut a big hole in the cargo hold of your ship of fortune, and everything you have accumulated will just drain right out! Always seek to be in rhythm with the organization! People can *ONLY* become happy if they chant NMRK! Keep doing your human revolution, NO MATTER WHAT! Always seek guidance - your leaders know MUCH MORE about your life than YOU can! Itai Doshin - NEVER rock the boat! NEVER stray from the "correct path of faith" (as outlined by the SGI). Read and study President Ikeda's "guidance" and appallingly bad poetry, as HE know the MOST about Buddhism of anyone in the world! Seek Ikeda as your "Mentor in Life", even though you will never meet him, never speak with him, and he doesn't give a SHIT about you! Just keep that money flowing in - that's creating the "cause" for accumulating "fortune", don'tcha know! Hell, he's probably dead - but I'm sure that, in a few years, that will develop into "He died for YOU!! So now you OWE him!!"

And, as a Jt. Terr. WD leader told me - two weeks before she dropped dead (which shocked everyone - she was only in her 50s) - when she couldn't give me any good reason why I should do as she ordered, "Chant until you agree with me." Alas, Hans, you got me going. First post of the day and whatnot. Okay, everybody - carry on!

One last question, Hans, how are you going to regard the SGI when Ikeda's pasty little frogfaced son Hiromasa, Mr. I've-never-accomplished-anything-in-my-entire-life-except-to-have-a-rich-and-powerful-dad, becomes International President, the first in what's to become a long North-Korea-style dynasty of inherited positions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2013 01:46AM by StillTaitenAndProud.

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: August 30, 2013 08:53AM

HansTaaibosch
At least Shin didn't spend his last days chronicling the misfortunes of others.

Your first post and this little gem is all you got? Maybe Shin was your role model.

"Misfortunes of others"? O__O What a lame attempt to steer attention away from the raw truth! I believe the point being made in ST&P's post was centered around the fact that these "others" were supposed to be enjoying such tremendous "good fortune" not misfortune. Oops, isn't actual proof a bitch now!

Troll for SGI much? Maybe you can make a case in support of being abused by a cult? (SGI)Cult supporters stick out like a sore thumb around here. Will you be making any more meaningless posts, so everyone here can enjoy discovering who/what you really are?

Oh yeah, welcome to the board, Hans Baby. Now, perhaps you can come up with something meaningful to contribute to the MB that will further educate us about CULTS, like for instance the SGI-cult? We stand ready to be further impressed with your writing prowness and enlightened by your great words of wisdom.

Spartacus

Date: August 31, 2013 03:57AM

Don't get me wrong - I *LOVED* the Shin Man! That doesn't change the fact that, despite being the SGI-USA's Study Department Chief - no mean achievement - and having written the book that validated the "Soka Spirit" hate campaign against teh eeeeevil priesthood (and justified SGI's turning itself into a completely new religion in order to keep its tax-exempt classification, which it would have lost due to the excommunication by Nichiren Shoshu otherwise), THIS guy should have had about the most fortune of anyone around!

But no. I wonder if he was even 40 when he died. I *knew* him - I spoke with him on the phone several time, emailed back and forth, and met with him when he was in town. I don't point out his untimely (and un-fortune-ly) demise out of any ill will - I really liked the guy.

In fact, after I attended my last activity, I called Shin. If there had been anyone who could have convinced me to stay in, it was the Shin Man. But whoever answered the phone told me he was out with cancer. And then he was dead. It apparently happened very quickly.

But I see no purpose in pretending he *didn't* die an untimely and unappealing death just because I liked the guy. He died. He died young. Despite a very sincere, very devoted practice of faith in the Mystic Law. That is important information for everyone to have, given the SGI's pie-in-the-sky promises that, if you do as they say, you'll live better...longer...healthier...and richer. THAT's a lie, and Shin Yatomi's untimely demise shows it. I don't think there was anyone in the US doin it riter than he was.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: August 31, 2013 07:24AM

Corboy - you made me laugh! Cuelo del Muerte, indeed . . . that reminded me of a very old, very bad movie in which Divine (of John Waters fame) made her debut, called "Lust in the Dust." Bad taste at it's finest.

Culero is one of my favorite words that I picked up Las Cruces/El Paso, and I used in the sense of arse-hole. A friend (and former sgi-member) told me a story about one of the teachers she worked with. He was a bit of a dork, but fancied himself and authority on Native American culture; he was thrilled when the kids gave him what he thought was an Indian name . . . he proudly announced to my friend that they were calling him "Cool Arrow."

Date: August 31, 2013 10:28PM

me a story about one of the teachers she worked with. He was a bit of a dork, but fancied himself and authority on Native American culture; he was thrilled when the kids gave him what he thought was an Indian name . . . he proudly announced to my friend that they were calling him "Cool Arrow."

That is priceless!!!

A quick side track from SGI.

If you or any friends need to check the bona fides of someone claiming to be in a Native American lineage, there is a great website, New Age Frauds and Plastic Shamans.

[www.newagefraud.org]

And, they have a message board that is searchable, like this one, at CE.com

[www.newagefraud.org]

Now.. back to SGI.

Last night, I heard someone say how, all his life, from childhood, he had felt miserable. That he didnt fit in, was an imposter, would die loveless and alone.

At one point, he took up chanting, "Because Tina Turner did it".

According to him, he was asked what he wanted to chant for.

"I just want to be happy".

"But what do you want?"

"I want to be happy."

"But dont you want a car, job or partner?"

Our informant replied, "I have all those things. But I am not happy. I dont need any more things. I just want to be happy!"

Our informant told us that the Nicherin person looked dumbfounded. Then said, "Well the chant works best when you chant for things."

At that point X left the organization and gave up chanting just as quickly.

The Tina Turner connection

[www.google.com]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 31, 2013 10:46PM

HansTaaibosch has been banned from this message board.

Date: September 01, 2013 01:54AM

Awww! We were just starting to have fun with him! Did he post something deliciously inflammatory? Can we see???

Date: September 01, 2013 02:43AM

Trolling has been rare on this thread. Trust us, you want it to stay that way.

There have been troll/flame wars on other threads and its debilitating. Worse yet, it creates an intimidating atmosphere for people who are new, might want to post and free afraid to do so, for fear of being taunted.

BTW if anyone here ever gets a private message that is not nice, please dont laugh or shrug it off. Send a copy of the specimen to Rick Ross via PM.

The privacy of the PM setting can make it a venue for bullying unless members report such incidents to the moderator.

This isnt whining/whinging.

It is the only way to keep the PM a clean and safe place for all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.