Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: meh ()
Date: July 02, 2013 07:56PM

Quote:

At the time, I thought that President Ikeda would be terribly disappointed that his "followers" were such drones, completely lacking initiative, but from what I realize now about the cult, that MD district leader was actually doin it rite

That's what struck me and, in part, why I felt comfortable speaking out. What I was seeing happen before my eyes was so out of sync with what I'd been hearing for so many years and it seemed to completely defy logic that I was the only one who saw it. I looked around and saw all these intelligent people (for the most part); I thought it was me for a long time. I wasn't getting it . . . there was something I was missing . . . per the program, I obviously needed to chant/study more or examine my practice for defects. Only towards the end did I realize that, yeah - it was just me, but that was what rescued me.

Quote:

He looked at me through his glasses with his beady eyes and balding head and said, "But we're not President Ikeda."

For that, let us all truly be thankful.

Quote:

Things mean something, when they want it to, and mean nothing, when they need it to. That's the gakkai cult org.

- Hitch

PS - Edit: Basically, members won't know what to think (what they are allowed to think or how to frame it), until they are told "officially" how to do so by others on up the cult org. ladder.

The group's short-term memory is one aspect of the programming that provides fertile ground for accepting the inconsistencies, disconnects and other gaps in logic. Conflict-resolution (which might actually penetrate some of the haze) takes place in whispers behind closed doors. As TaP points out, the ouster of Mr. Williams, which should have produced all kinds of questions from the membership, disappeared from the general consciousness with barely a ripple. The members will not only think what they've been told to think, but won't even try to process something they aren't handed an opinion for - it drops out of consciousness.

What this whole cult-programming/conditioning process does to the human brain is incredible. When I look at the list of groups implied to be cults on the Rick Ross site, it's truly frightening. Amway, for pete's sake - I know they're run by Mormons, but Amway? It really makes me wonder what might not be cult-able. Veganism? Shopping exclusively at Whole Foods?

The safest thing, obviously, is to make one of them-there tinfoil helmets, turn off all media and never leave the house.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:28PM

What I was seeing happen before my eyes was so out of sync with what I'd been hearing for so many years and it seemed to completely defy logic that I was the only one who saw it. I looked around and saw all these intelligent people (for the most part); I thought it was me for a long time. I wasn't getting it . . . there was something I was missing . .

I was in a room full of people all tranced out by the guy giving the lecture.

I kept looking around wondering why no one seemed distressed by the cruel features of the story this guy was giving.

I felt as though I was the only sober person in a room full of drunks.

Date: July 02, 2013 10:30PM

quote:

I felt as though I was the only sober person in a room full of drunks.

That is a perfect analogy, corboy. And I think if you were one of those "drunks," when you suddenly become sober it's even more visible.

I'd be interested in the stats on how many cult members (any cult) have a history of addiction - drug, alcohol, food . . . whatever. It was easy to see that many people in the various districts I was in were "outsiders" of varying kinds - once again, it's the Pincola-Estes theory on finding one's tribe, put into action. When you find a group that accepts you, approves of you, encourages you and professes to love you despite your self-perceived damage, they become your tribe; I don't think that anyone is immune to that.

Posted by: eyzopn ()
Date: July 03, 2013 12:36AM

That feeling of being the only sober person or not quite fitting in is what "saved" us. I think it all starts with your family - where you fitted into the dynamic. If not at all, you seek a family elsewhere, or find a social situation that replicates what passed for normal. Maybe there was an unreasonable/tyrannical parent or relative everyone made constant excuses for - you were trained to turn it all upside down and inside out to make it work and protect yourself. Thanks to family and/or isolation, you might lack a few social skills - there's a naiveity/empathy that puts you on any predator's radar. So you turn it upside down and inside out to make it work for Cousin Rufus!

"Just lookin' for a home". Towards the end of my tenure, I realized that everything I did was because I truly loved my district leader - the sister/BFF I never had. I wanted to make her life easier, to not let her down. The bond was friendship. I also realized there was more encouragement for my life watching Kat Von D on LAInk (YouTube) than from "the practice". Feel free to laugh, but when was the last time you saw a show about a woman who draws for a living? ; )

As for the guest who enjoyed the meeting but was creeped out by "visitors from the mothership", I can second that. To be fair, this wasn't always the case, but I remember many a grim demeanor, the sense of a district of being assessed and found lacking. All nervous energy, spit and polish housework before they arrive - no one can give a disappointing performance. All on our best behaviour. They were there to size us up, make reports, set us straight, and ensure we weren't misbehaving & talking about things that mattered to us. "Where's the Beef"- funny and true, and one could ask of visiting leaders, "Where is the Love?".

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: July 03, 2013 05:57AM

Bizzaro-World $oka Gakkai International Cult Org. clip (I wonder if it will stay up) -

Turkey (~99% Muslim country) welcomes the cult org..

Turkish rock star, Baris Manco (deceased) is seen rocking out, in concert, with The Dear Leader in attendance. Gotta watch the whole clip (I kid you not).

The venue, I believe, is a gakkai cult org. building / theatre, and the entire audience has been ordered to officially "rock out" in celebration with The Dear Leader. The Dear Leader gets down.

The gakkai chameleon at work again. No member cognitive dissonance. Do as you are told. Fake it. Always support the cult org.. That's the essence of the gakkai cult org..

Gakkai Ikeda-bot automatons, in full suits and ties, at a "rock concert" for "buddhism." The Dear Leader, however, to his credit, does remove is coat midway through.

As bizarre as this clip is, I'm not surprised.

[www.youtube.com]

- Hitch

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: July 03, 2013 06:14AM

I was in a room full of people all tranced out by the guy giving the lecture.

I kept looking around wondering why no one seemed distressed by the cruel features of the story this guy was giving.
Corboy, did you already give us the details you're alluding to?

Cuz I can't remember :(

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: July 03, 2013 06:40AM

For those of you in the $GI-USA Cult Org. who know Greg Martin (salaried leader), you may find this clip interesting -

FNCC Gakkai Cult Org. Retreat "experience", in a nut (all pun intended) shell.

"karma into mission, retreat, FNCC, Buddhism, fun," are the tag keywords [www.youtube.com]

Arrive at the airport, arrive at the FNCC, line up at wait for food, food, more food, entertainment as you dine, cult org. doctrine & lingo "study", line up for group pictures, more "study", . . . .

From the 3:10 minute mark on, take a look. Greg Martin, salaried gakkai cult org. "leader", handing out meaningless cult org. certificates and making an utter fool of himself in the process.

"Actual Proof, that we were there." It's embarrassing to watch. This is what working for the gakkai cult org. does to you. How can a grown man justify this kind of behavior to himself or even partake in it??

More cult amateur "performances", thought & behavior regressing rituals follow. Greg Martin pops up in the background in some of them. Making a fool of yourself, for your cult org. salary.

Clip concludes with the "official" gakkai cult org. signature song, "Forever Sensei" (aka: The Dear Leader). Again, Greg Martin is swinging his right arm back-n-forth like an ideal Ikeda-bot.

I was embarrassed to do this stuff as a YMD, but to be a full grown adult, in my twilight years and still making a fool of myself. Words simply escape me. How sad.

"Thank You All For Such A Good Time." "Bollywood Rocks", with Greg Martin.

Can there be any more "actual proof", that the cult org. stagnates your mind and regresses your behavior in life? Stuck in a perpetual stasis, the gakkai cult org. slime pool, never growing up in life, yet "happy" in an artificial and delusional world of your own mind.

- Hitch

Date: July 03, 2013 07:31AM

Hitch, seriously . . . until Baris went up to Senseless and they started swapping spit, I swear to god, I thought it was some kind of fake vid. Was Baris' cause of death embarrassment? I was actually waiting for lard-butt to break into his signature fan dance . . .

I couldn't watch but a few minutes of the FNCC crap; I have some kind of weird issue where I really have a lot of trouble watching people being humiliated ... it becomes almost physically painful. That video was absolutely excrutiating. There has got to be something in the conditioning process that breaks down people's inhibitions in a very big way . . . I find it hard to believe that these dinkuses prancing around on the stage behave that way in real life. I have this horrible mental picture of Senseless watching videos like this with one hand down the front of his pants, his other hand sensually caressing his wallet and laughing until he has tears running down his fat, cheesy cheeks.

Excuse me . . . I have to go rinse my brain out.

Date: July 03, 2013 07:47AM

Notice how Ikeda waited a full five seconds after the last "power chord" before lowering his flag? ("The song ain't over 'til I say so") How he quickly turned his head to see if anyone noticed/followed his directive? Taking control of the audiences' attention, away from the performer and back to himself. Not to be upstaged!

Date: July 03, 2013 10:27AM

For a good laugh, or brain rinsing (re: the absurdity of bad rock & religion), google Billy Connolly's video rant on Christian Rock. At your own risk - XXX bad language alert!
Scotland's George Carlin. = D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.