Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 15, 2013 09:41PM

Spartacus
holly_golightly
TheVoid
Ikeda ghandi King nonsense

I found this which may or may not be the edited version as they strung this out for a full day.

Yes, that's the one that used to make me go all teary eyed - it seems so lame now.

From the propaganda based GKI exhibit video:

"Toda... went to prison with his mentor Makaguchi, for their arden protest of Japan's Imperial war... Ikeda determined to spend the rest of his life devoted to realizing Toda's dream for world peace."

BULL COOKIES! IKEDA IS A FRAUD, NOT A HERO OF NON-VIOLENCE! His greatest accomplishment was single-mindedly devoting himself to becoming rich and powerful by building a religious cult with himself at the center.

FACT: SGI.cult not only refused to protest this country's bloodlust for revenge and violence, they actually supported the damn wars and warmongers!

The third and final straw that provided the motivation for me to leave the cult.org forever occurred in 2003 in response to SGI's pro-war attitude, behavior, and policies revealed during the outbreak of the illegal and immoral Iraqi invasion by the US gov. My naive acceptance in the carefully crafted illusion that Ikeda and the SGI.cult are against war was instantly shattered by the light of truth illuminating such unbelivable in-your-face hypocrisy.

The shameless con-artist Ikeda, the-would-be king-of-Japan, IMHO will never deserve any comparison or association to the truely great Ghandi and King - who actually put their lives on the line, sacrificing everything for their dreams of peace. Whereas the mafia-connected Ikeda has nothing to show/hide but unscrupulous billion$ of assets, a bunch of bought and paid for university degrees, a well-deserved ex-communication by his former church (sect), and an illegitimate and unconstitutional personally controlled "clean government" political party. The entirely misleading GKI exhibit is nothing more than a huge propaganda psy-op, designed to fool any unwary marks or potential slaves into (further) accepting a false god born from a religious/war cult heritage as their great and merciful "master".

Since I still believe in karma, I sometimes wonder what hellish suffering awaits the monsterous master (of power and money) in his future lifetimes. Two things for sure - Daisucku won't be here to enjoy his illgotten forture much longer (if he isn't already dead), and, he will never find his greedy egocentric fatass standing arm and arm with the humble and respectable figures of King and Gandi in any future existence.

Spartacus

"'Sacrifice your own skin to slash the opponent's flesh. Surrender your
own flesh to saw off the opponent's bone.' With their faithful
implementation of this well-known Japanese fencing (kendo) strategy
into actual practice during the war, the Japanese military is able to
achieve her glorious, ever-victorious invincibility in the Sino-Japan
conflict and in the Pacific war, and thus, easing the minds of the Japa-
nese people. This [strategy of sacrifice] should be held as an ideal
lifestyle for those remaining on the home front and should be applied
in every aspect of our daily life." --Tsunesaburo Makiguchi

From:"The Instruction Manual Summarizing the Experiments and Testimonials of
Life based on the Philosophy of Value of the Supreme Goodness."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 15, 2013 10:17PM

Several people here wrote of the 'shiny faces' at rallies.

In trance, blink response slows down and facial muscles relax. That may create the shiny face look.

Memory retrieval in treating adult survivors of sexual abuse
DR Siegel, CA Romig - American Journal of Family Therapy, 1990 - Taylor & Francis
... Behavioral alterations of catalepsy, focused attention, regular even breathing, and
flaccid facial muscles were observed, indicating the pres- ence of trance state even
though no formal trance induction was con- ducted. She ...
Cited by 11 Related articles All 3 versions Cite

[www.google.com]

×èòàòü îíëàéí "Trance–formations. Neuro–Linguistic Programming ...D. General signs of trance: first facial asymmetry, then more than usual facial
symmetry. General muscle relaxation, small involuntary muscle movements, ...
www.rulit.net/.../trance-formations-neuro-linguistic-programming-and-the- structure-of-hypnosis-read-174309-11.html - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

Neurology & Physiology of Trance - JoelElfman.comSigns of Trance. Eyes. Body. • Blinking ... Muscles of the Body Relax Slightly ...
Facial Muscles Relax, the Face gets flatter, especially the Cheeks, Forehead,
Lips.
www.joelelfman.com/.../neurology__physiology_of_trance_11-22-12_jme. pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

How To Spot When Someone Is In Hypnosis: The Most Obvious ...As we look at the different signs of trance it is important to note that not all ... As a
person goes into a trance they muscles in the face begin to relax and their face ...
conversational-hypnosis.com/articles/a12.html - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

Signs of trance? - General Discussions on IAYH | Hypnosis ForumSigns of trance? ... change in skin tone of face (due to blood flowing to / from
capillaries) - change in breathing rate ... loosening of the jaw and facial muscles ...
youthehypnotists.com/forum/discussion/1110/signs-of-trance/p1 - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

signs of spontaneous trance - HypnoThoughts.comDec 26, 2012... skin color of the face and or neck, muscles in the face become relaxed, ... Just
to qualify -- I do know general signs of trance, I was curious as ...
www.hypnothoughts.com/forum/topics/signs-of-spontaneous-trance - Similar pages

How to Hypnotize - Hypnosis 101Explain the signs of trance that are easily produced (like the face relaxing). ... In
trance your breathing can slow down, your facial muscles can go loose and limp
www.hypnosis101.com/wordpress/.../how-to-hypnotize/ - 61k - Cached - Similar pages

Signs of Trance - Uncommon ForumSep 17, 2008 ... Signs of Trance: Breathing slows down. Less swallowing. Glazed eyes. Eyes may
appear moist. Slack/limp facial muscles. Fluttering eyelids ...
www.uncommonforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=41769 - 64k - Cached - Similar pages

The Magic Cafe Forums - In trance signsSome visible signs of trance (in addition to those already mentioned: (1)
Extraordinary stillness of the facial muscles. (2) Face becomes ...
www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=34476...15 - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

Posted by: meh ()
Date: June 15, 2013 11:03PM

A perfect description of almost everyone I've ever seen during gongyo (and myself as well, I'm sure). And, as someone noted on this mb somewhere, perfect preparation for receptivity to further indoctrination. Sancho is perfect for breaking the trance . . . a perfect ending for the programming session. Go ye forth and spread the good word, my friends. At times, it's the utter silliness of the whole thing, but then the sinister aspects creep back in. I think I need the silliness just to keep my head on straight - if I focused on just how evil and premeditated all of this is, I'm not sure what I'd do.

And I think, too, that while it's nice to poke fun at the Great Oz, it's also indicative of how powerful he was in our lives. Fallen despots are always ridiculed, in part because after years of having our tongues tied, we can speak freely. At the same time, when someone has had so much control over every aspect of our lives, we need to deflate him . . . cut him down to a manageable size.

Funny incident this morning - I had on the Animal Channel, and they had a show on of cats doing funny things (no judging, please). When they showed a chubby cat on a windowsill leaning back against the glass (picture an invisible reclining chair and remote control close at paw), one of the regular commentators cheerily said "You just know he's chanting nmrk, nmrk, nmrk."

They walk among us . . . even the Animal Channel isn't safe.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 16, 2013 05:20AM

meh
A perfect description of almost everyone I've ever seen during gongyo (and myself as well, I'm sure). And, as someone noted on this mb somewhere, perfect preparation for receptivity to further indoctrination. Sancho is perfect for breaking the trance . . . a perfect ending for the programming session. Go ye forth and spread the good word, my friends. At times, it's the utter silliness of the whole thing, but then the sinister aspects creep back in. I think I need the silliness just to keep my head on straight - if I focused on just how evil and premeditated all of this is, I'm not sure what I'd do.

And I think, too, that while it's nice to poke fun at the Great Oz, it's also indicative of how powerful he was in our lives. Fallen despots are always ridiculed, in part because after years of having our tongues tied, we can speak freely. At the same time, when someone has had so much control over every aspect of our lives, we need to deflate him . . . cut him down to a manageable size.

Funny incident this morning - I had on the Animal Channel, and they had a show on of cats doing funny things (no judging, please). When they showed a chubby cat on a windowsill leaning back against the glass (picture an invisible reclining chair and remote control close at paw), one of the regular commentators cheerily said "You just know he's chanting nmrk, nmrk, nmrk."

They walk among us . . . even the Animal Channel isn't safe.

Gongyo & daimoku (prayers and the magic chant) -

1. [www.youtube.com] Ritual
2. [www.youtube.com] Superstition

No difference. Just different kinds of "ghosts" in your head, that one is trying to allay, that's all. Parts of that second clip, remind me of some of the whacked out gakkai chanters that I saw (yes, they do exist in hardcore circles).

There was a time that I did desperately try to convince myself that something was happening, the magical thinking was working, but like a temporary tattoo kit for kids, it just never permanently stuck and always eventually wore off.

Don't get me wrong, for those that get something out of it, more power to them. I, however, always hated it and could never shake the feeling that it made my mind numb and was a monumental waste of time (especially those marathon chanting tosos, I would have preferred a bullet to my head, if given a choice).

Plus, back when I was in, gongyo was much, much longer. Especially morning gongyo, insanely loooooong (5 prayers and with the magic chant, easily over a 30 minute session / maybe 20 if you hustled it). In fact, that's why the cult org. officially shortened the prayer rituals after the excommunication (it was causing member fatigue and number bleed).

Looking back, I now view it all as the heavy burden of superstition and ritual. I want absolutely no part of that nonsense anymore in my life, ever again. Like a bad childhood that you grew up in, learned from, got away from and moved on with your life. You are sometimes ashamed about it, sometimes embarrassed, sometimes angry, and sometimes just laugh. But you do learn from it, and never forget it.

At least that's my take on it all.

- Hitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2013 05:22AM by Hitch.

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: June 16, 2013 06:21AM

Plus, back when I was in, gongyo was much, much longer. Especially morning gongyo, insanely loooooong (5 prayers and with the magic chant, easily over a 30 minute session / maybe 20 if you hustled it). In fact, that's why the cult org. officially shortened the prayer rituals after the excommunication (it was causing member fatigue and number bleed).
Me too. But here's the thing - we were told it was VITALLY important, essential, even (!) for the morning gongyo to be that long!

So when they shortened it, most members felt relief, but a lot of members felt betrayed - WHY had we been told we had to do the whole long thing every morning, that to shorten it would be a "bad cause", and that there was such great benefit in making the commitment to do that long-ass prayer session every morning, if it could just be blithely shortened *just because*??

You can't have it both ways, morons.

Date: June 16, 2013 08:05AM

TaitenAndProud
Me too. But here's the thing - we were told it was VITALLY important, essential, even (!) for the morning gongyo to be that long!

So when they shortened it, most members felt relief, but a lot of members felt betrayed - WHY had we been told we had to do the whole long thing every morning, that to shorten it would be a "bad cause", and that there was such great benefit in making the commitment to do that long-ass prayer session every morning, if it could just be blithely shortened *just because*??

You can't have it both ways, morons.

Agreed. I was told the same thing, too.

Likewise with the Nikken gohonzons (in the blink of an eye, the paper had no more mystical powers and was "evil"), the priesthood (before the lid blew off of the rift, it was always "respect, protect, appreciate and support the priests"), and the gongyo book prayers (suddenly, the prayers became heavily cult org. and dear leader centric in tone).

It was all just too much, too much of a strain on credulity, too transparent, and simply too self serving to believe.

That they were just making it all up as they went along, became abundantly and painfully clear, for those still able to think for themselves.

Drunk on power and greed, they arrogantly thought that they could get away with anything they wanted (the Gandhi-King-Ikeda fiasco, being yet another example). No respect whatsoever for the intelligence of the members. Nothing but gullible sheep in the eyes of the cult org..

- Hitch

Posted by: holly_golightly ()
Date: June 16, 2013 02:58PM

It's funny how these things can be forgotten so quickly. I remember also being told that the long gongyo was essential, and a sign of being committed to the practice. I also used to find it mind numbingly painful and never-ending - the wasted hours I will never get back!! In the UK we were sold the shortened gongyo as a way of 'adapting this practice for the 21st century' as there were going to be so many people practicing - giving it a Cousin Rufus spin. And of course, as with all the other changes you mention it quickly stops being discussed/talked about in meetings so that older members forget and new members are non the wiser.

Date: June 17, 2013 06:32AM

holly_golightly
It's funny how these things can be forgotten so quickly. I remember also being told that the long gongyo was essential, and a sign of being committed to the practice. I also used to find it mind numbingly painful and never-ending - the wasted hours I will never get back!!

Re: Wasted hours / time with the cult org. (activities, commutes, TOSOS!!, activities, the magic prayers twice a day, 24-48 magic chanting tosos, midnight gongyos, & on & on & on . . . . . )

I've had people try to tell me, "well, it's not wasted, because you are who you are now, because of all of that . . . . ", or "nothing is ever a waste . . . . "
etc..

My response to them (after I laugh, of course): "Easy for you to say, because you didn't spend as much time with it as I did, nor go through all the crap because of it" So, I always disagree with such vanilla-coated, simplified, patronizing assessments.

I'm with you 100% on this.

- Hitch

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: June 17, 2013 12:28PM

holly_golightly
Thinking back to 2003, I don't remember anything being said officially by SGI in the UK about the Iraq war. Whenever a member asked the leaders why the SGI weren't speaking out against the war the explanation came back that we shouldn't get involved in politics in case it alienated people that might be interested in practising (i.e. people in the British Army) and that this might go against Cousin Rufus. And then the inevitable mention of Ikeda's yearly Peace Proposal was cited, as if that made up for it all. Of course, this confused some members who asked why SGI had a political party in Japan (those members that knew about this). Never did get a good explanation for this one - just that 'they do things differently in Japan'.

Spartacus - would appreciate it if you could give some examples of what you remember about SGI's pro-war attitude in the USA as I'm sure a lot of people who practice now have no idea about this and simply believe all the GKI 'peace' type crap that is constantly regurgitated.

meh
Interesting to me that Linda Johnson is a death-penalty prosecutor - I've heard her try to justify that with her Buddhist practice . . . clever weasel-like contortions there. Even more interesting that very few people question it.

Being very new to the practice when the 5th anniversary of the war in Afghanistan/Iraq occurred, I was really shocked at the level of resistance I encountered when I naively suggested that we should participate as a group in the peace march that was taking place in ABQ. This is supposed to be a group that's all about world peace, right? I did get two other women to come out with me - they were the same age as I, and we all had a history of participating in different kinds of marches back in the day.

I don't think there was ever an "official" statement from SGI.cult re: the Iraq (or any other) War. Seems there were only "excuses" made by sr. leaders to any member that dared question the apparent hypocrisy of the cult.org's position of "support the troops" (a war propaganda phrase purposefully designed and diseminated to quell war resistors). This "support the troops" meme was the number one worry of the Veterans Against War organization. They understood its propaganda potential for effective use as a slick means to trick the people and the country into supporting the illegal war(s). Worked nicely on submissive cult members as well. But it didn't work on me at all. Instead, it was the final straw that opened my eyes to the true nature of the SGIcult.

I have previously posted (pg. 402) about my frustrating experience in 2003 with the cult.org's runaround on defending the illegal Iraq War. Sounds like holly_golightly received the same lame excuses that I heard at the time. The simular cult.org responses from different areas leads me to believe that a standard "talking point" style list of excuses was sent down the chain to each area's sr. leaders for the purpose of uniformly deflecting any unwanted questions or critizisms of SGIcult's lack of support for the unpopular anti-war movement. The cult.org was completely on the pathetic "support the troops" patriotic bandwagon. The gross hypocrisy of the SGIcult made me feel both sick and angry!

Tip of the hat to the fifty or so Seattle SGIcult members that went out in the streets to protest war without any support by the "World Peace" cult.org - those protesters were the only "true" SGI buddhists to be found among the 70,000 bodhisattvas that hit the streets of Seattle that February day. I was both humbled and proud to be marching against the atrocities of US warmongering with so many enlightened beings. Incredibly so few were aspiring buddhists, incredibly so many were showing their buddha nature. As we filled the broad downtown streets as far as I could see for blocks and blocks, I kept saying, "they're all buddhists - they just don't know it!"

Spartacus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 12:30PM by Spartacus.

Date: June 17, 2013 12:45PM

Spartacus
The gross hypocrisy of the SGIcult made me feel both sick and angry!

Spartacus

Equally sickening, it's an open secret that The $oka Gakkai Cult Org. "President", The Dear Leader Ikeda, is highly covetous of The Nobel Peace Prize. In fact, he drools for it.

In lieu of that, however (because I think he knows he never will), he wants somebody from the cult org. to win it. Default status decoration and cult org. legitimization. Pathetic beyond words.

And the hypocrisy is staggering beyond belief.

- Hitch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.