Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 15, 2013 07:55AM

On that note (new clip):
[www.youtube.com]

"Sneak Peak (sic) - Ikeda Youth Ensemble Competition and Brazil/US SGI Exchange Documentary" - from The Official SGIUSAmedia YouTube Channel.

(4:10 minute mark) "Show the power of $GI Buddhism! MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!! YYYAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!"

Become an $GI cult Ikeda-Bot!

The irony runs very deep in this cult org. commercial, . . . .

"You're living in a dream land kid. There ain't no place on Earth as good as what you are describing."

VERY deep (including the "leader", trying to beat down the slave, err, I mean "disciple"). "Enlightenment isn't an easy road." (Prepare for it before you join the gakkai cult org..)

- Hitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sleepy skunk ()
Date: June 15, 2013 08:20AM

meh
That video is actually kind of offensive - first of all, showing the headstones in the Jewish cemetery. Not sure how Gandhi or King had anything to do with that . . . as far as I know, neither of them spoke of the holocaust. And how ikeda has the cajones to equate himself with either of those two men is bewildering.
Not really if you think about it. All you have to do is convince a few people of this and the cash flows.

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: June 15, 2013 11:27AM

holly_golightly
TheVoid
Ikeda ghandi King nonsense

I found this which may or may not be the edited version as they strung this out for a full day.

Yes, that's the one that used to make me go all teary eyed - it seems so lame now.

From the propaganda based GKI exhibit video:

"Toda... went to prison with his mentor Makaguchi, for their arden protest of Japan's Imperial war... Ikeda determined to spend the rest of his life devoted to realizing Toda's dream for world peace."

BULL COOKIES! IKEDA IS A FRAUD, NOT A HERO OF NON-VIOLENCE! His greatest accomplishment was single-mindedly devoting himself to becoming rich and powerful by building a religious cult with himself at the center.

FACT: SGI.cult not only refused to protest this country's bloodlust for revenge and violence, they actually supported the damn wars and warmongers!

The third and final straw that provided the motivation for me to leave the cult.org forever occurred in 2003 in response to SGI's pro-war attitude, behavior, and policies revealed during the outbreak of the illegal and immoral Iraqi invasion by the US gov. My naive acceptance in the carefully crafted illusion that Ikeda and the SGI.cult are against war was instantly shattered by the light of truth illuminating such unbelivable in-your-face hypocrisy.

The shameless con-artist Ikeda, the-would-be king-of-Japan, IMHO will never deserve any comparison or association to the truely great Ghandi and King - who actually put their lives on the line, sacrificing everything for their dreams of peace. Whereas the mafia-connected Ikeda has nothing to show/hide but unscrupulous billion$ of assets, a bunch of bought and paid for university degrees, a well-deserved ex-communication by his former church (sect), and an illegitimate and unconstitutional personally controlled "clean government" political party. The entirely misleading GKI exhibit is nothing more than a huge propaganda psy-op, designed to fool any unwary marks or potential slaves into (further) accepting a false god born from a religious/war cult heritage as their great and merciful "master".

Since I still believe in karma, I sometimes wonder what hellish suffering awaits the monsterous master (of power and money) in his future lifetimes. Two things for sure - Daisucku won't be here to enjoy his illgotten forture much longer (if he isn't already dead), and, he will never find his greedy egocentric fatass standing arm and arm with the humble and respectable figures of King and Gandi in any future existence.

Spartacus

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: June 15, 2013 05:19PM

When Wada appeared on the scene ca. the excommunication by NS back in, oh, 1991 or so, the SG used to describe Wada as "looks American".

um...yeeeaaah...right.

He looks American like I look like a badger O_O

Trust me, I look *nothing* like a badger -_-

Posted by: holly_golightly ()
Date: June 15, 2013 05:54PM

Spartacus
[
From the propaganda based GKI exhibit video:

"Toda... went to prison with his mentor Makaguchi, for their arden protest of Japan's Imperial war... Ikeda determined to spend the rest of his life devoted to realizing Toda's dream for world peace."

BULL COOKIES! IKEDA IS A FRAUD, NOT A HERO OF NON-VIOLENCE! His greatest accomplishment was single-mindedly devoting himself to becoming rich and powerful by building a religious cult with himself at the center.

FACT: SGI.cult not only refused to protest this country's bloodlust for revenge and violence, they actually supported the damn wars and warmongers!

The third and final straw that provided the motivation for me to leave the cult.org forever occurred in 2003 in response to SGI's pro-war attitude, behavior, and policies revealed during the outbreak of the illegal and immoral Iraqi invasion by the US gov. My naive acceptance in the carefully crafted illusion that Ikeda and the SGI.cult are against war was instantly shattered by the light of truth illuminating such unbelivable in-your-face hypocrisy.

Spartacus

Thinking back to 2003, I don't remember anything being said officially by SGI in the UK about the Iraq war. Whenever a member asked the leaders why the SGI weren't speaking out against the war the explanation came back that we shouldn't get involved in politics in case it alienated people that might be interested in practising (i.e. people in the British Army) and that this might go against Cousin Rufus. And then the inevitable mention of Ikeda's yearly Peace Proposal was cited, as if that made up for it all. Of course, this confused some members who asked why SGI had a political party in Japan (those members that knew about this). Never did get a good explanation for this one - just that 'they do things differently in Japan'.

Spartacus - would appreciate it if you could give some examples of what you remember about SGI's pro-war attitude in the USA as I'm sure a lot of people who practice now have no idea about this and simply believe all the GKI 'peace' type crap that is constantly regurgitated.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: June 15, 2013 06:50PM

Spartacus, holly_golightly's suggestion is a good one. Some of this is unfamiliar territory, since I only joined in '07, and I'd like to get the dish. I'm also thinking that many of the leadership faces have changed . . . they now have Saints Danny Nagishima, Linda Johnson and Tariq Hassan (two out of three definitely not Japanese) - those are the high-level leaders that I'm familiar with. Interesting to me that Linda Johnson is a death-penalty prosecutor - I've heard her try to justify that with her Buddhist practice . . . clever weasel-like contortions there. Even more interesting that very few people question it.

Being very new to the practice when the 5th anniversary of the war in Afghanistan/Iraq occurred, I was really shocked at the level of resistance I encountered when I naively suggested that we should participate as a group in the peace march that was taking place in ABQ. This is supposed to be a group that's all about world peace, right? I did get two other women to come out with me - they were the same age as I, and we all had a history of participating in different kinds of marches back in the day.

Personally, I dread the day that ikeda-san pops his bespoke little clogs. Oh. My. God. The wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth that will occur! I'm sure that it will be publicized that his body does not corrupt and that he smells like roses . . . he'll probably wind up in a glass case like Lenin, except his will be a double-wide. I'm sure a few miracles will be attributed to him as well. Das org is smart enough, I'm sure, to have all of the details worked out for a peaceful transition of power, but I smell schisms in the wind eventually. With any luck, maybe this will be the beginning of the end for sgi, although that's probably too much to hope for. It wouldn't surprise me if he was dead already, and the org was just waiting for a convenient time to announce it . . . like maybe November?

Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI--New Komeito and Iraq War
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: June 15, 2013 07:47PM

In 2004, the Soka Gakkai-sponsored New Komeito Party voted to send the Japanese Self Defense Force to Iraq, despite the protests of many Japanese Soka Gakkai members. Basically, the larger and more powerful Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) asked them to -- and the New Komeito Party wanted to curry favor with them.

[www.culteducation.com]

Japan Times/March 2, 2004 
By Tetsushi Kajimoto
When New Komeito backed the Liberal Democratic Party's decision to send the Self-Defense Forces to Iraq earlier this year, members of Soka Gakkai, Japan's largest lay Buddhist organization whose political arm is New Komeito, launched rare opposition to the party's decision.
The members handed a petition bearing about 2,000 signatures to New Komeito's headquarters in January opposing the dispatch, before the ruling coalition agreed to send the core Ground Self-Defense Force troop contingent to Iraq.
"The party is acting against the principle of Soka Gakkai, which strictly opposes war," Yoshihiko Ito, a Soka Gakkai member who organized the movement, said in January.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much for SGI's pacifism! Alliances and power are just so much more important.

Regarding the Ikeda-Gandhi-King comparisons -- Gandhi and King spoke out many times against the death penalty. Japan uses the death penalty frequently, even executing mentally ill criminals who may not even understand their crimes. There is no record of Ikeda ever saying anything against this.

Linda Johnson, an SGI-USA leader, is a lawyer for the state of California, prosecuting death-penalty cases. Apparently SGI has no problem with this, either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2013 07:49PM by tsukimoto.

Date: June 15, 2013 07:52PM

meh

Personally, I dread the day that ikeda-san pops his bespoke little clogs. Oh. My. God. The wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth that will occur! I'm sure that it will be publicized that his body does not corrupt and that he smells like roses . . . he'll probably wind up in a glass case like Lenin, except his will be a double-wide. I'm sure a few miracles will be attributed to him as well. Das org is smart enough, I'm sure, to have all of the details worked out for a peaceful transition of power, but I smell schisms in the wind eventually. With any luck, maybe this will be the beginning of the end for sgi, although that's probably too much to hope for. It wouldn't surprise me if he was dead already, and the org was just waiting for a convenient time to announce it . . . like maybe November?

I know what you mean! The level of hysteria will be unbearable - SGI members will be coming out with 'miraculous' experiences that will be attributed to his passing away, more dreadful songs, poems, commemoration statues, plaques, etc.

I remember being told that when someone gets to the level of Ikeda's enlightenment they can chant for the manner of their death down to the actual date (god knows where this originates from but at the time I sucked it up) so I wouldn't be surprised at all if, when it is announced, it is at the same time as one of the main SGI dates, May 3rd, Nov 18th, July 3rd - the thing is that there are so many anniversaries, etc it wouldn't be difficult anyway. Alternative it could provide a chance for getting another important date in the SGI calendar which they can tie in with more campaigns in the future and more contributions - maybe something to fill the gap between November and May.......

Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI--New Komeito and Iraq War
Date: June 15, 2013 08:01PM

tsukimoto
In 2004, the Soka Gakkai-sponsored New Komeito Party voted to send the Japanese Self Defense Force to Iraq, despite the protests of many Japanese Soka Gakkai members. Basically, the larger and more powerful Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) asked them to -- and the New Komeito Party wanted to curry favor with them.

[www.culteducation.com]

Japan Times/March 2, 2004 
By Tetsushi Kajimoto
When New Komeito backed the Liberal Democratic Party's decision to send the Self-Defense Forces to Iraq earlier this year, members of Soka Gakkai, Japan's largest lay Buddhist organization whose political arm is New Komeito, launched rare opposition to the party's decision.
The members handed a petition bearing about 2,000 signatures to New Komeito's headquarters in January opposing the dispatch, before the ruling coalition agreed to send the core Ground Self-Defense Force troop contingent to Iraq.
"The party is acting against the principle of Soka Gakkai, which strictly opposes war," Yoshihiko Ito, a Soka Gakkai member who organized the movement, said in January.

Thank you for this, I had missed it.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: June 15, 2013 08:23PM

Thanks for all of the information - yes, so much for pacifism unless it's financially expedient. I didn't think it was possible, but I have more contempt for this organization every day!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.