Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 14, 2013 06:09AM

I was out of the cult org. by the time the Gandhi-King-Ikeda exhibit was rolled out. I heard about it thru the grapevine. My first and only reaction to it, then and now, was to laugh out loud. Evidence that the delusional cult org. has gone fully off the rails. If I were still in and had attended that exhibit, I think I wouldn't have been able to suppress the eye rolls, under the breath snickering, sarcasm, and, yes, laughing. The whole concept is utterly absurd on the face of it. The fact that the incongruity doesn't even register a blip in a gakkai member's head, tells you that they are living in Cousin Rufus' La-La Land. It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen the gakkai cult org. try to pull off. The Dear Leader's narcissism balloon has reached it's popping point.

Edit: If I had to guess, based on other cult org. exhibits I've seen, I think that exhibit was most likely just a bunch of boring oversized displays with photos and descriptions - the gakkai cult org. tacking Ikeda on to some alternate revision of history thru Cousin Rufus' eyes. They probably threw in a few fallacy by association photos of The Dear Leader meeting well-known civil rights personalities (like Rosa Parks) to bolster their fantasy claims, as well. Overall, probably just an overly glorified version of the same crap they publish in their propaganda $GI Graphic Ikeda Fan Magazine, but with Ikeda-bots in-person standing around every corner smiling at you, being extra fake and super nice, ready to answer your questions and direct you to literature / cult org. contact information.

- Hitch

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 06:19AM by Hitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 14, 2013 06:53AM

sixtyseven
sleepy skunk
I was wondering for those who have actually been to the IKG exhibit, what kind of crap do they have in there? Is it artifacts like a real museum but just peppered with Ikeda crap or more like a creation museum (with the same bunch of crap with altered facts) to make the false association with Gandhi and King?

Yellowness - crap. I'd like to know too.

Incidentally, the fellow in the attachment is (taken from wikipedia) -

"Lawrence Carter, an ordained Baptist minister and the dean of the Martin Luther King Jr. Chapel at Morehouse College in Atlanta, has worked with the SGI-USA and Daisaku Ikeda for many years. Morehouse gave an honorary doctorate to Ikeda, and Carter also initiated the annual "Gandhi, King, Ikeda: A Legacy of Building Peace" award as a way of extolling those whose actions for peace have cut across human boundaries.[20] When a Shukan Shincho article criticized these[20] aspects of the award, Carter wrote a protest to the magazine. In it, he states:

"Controversy" is an inevitable partner of greatness. No one who challenges the established order is free of it. Gandhi had his detractors, as did Dr. King. Dr. Ikeda is no exception. Controversy camouflages the intense resistance of entrenched authority to conceding their special status and privilege. "Insults" are the weapons of the morally weak; "slander" is the tool of the spiritually bereft. Controversy is testament to the noble work of these three individuals in their respective societies.[20]"

He's on the cult org. payroll, has taken multiple sponsored trips to Japan - elsewhere (?), the whole nine-yards. I've posted and discussed this guy before on this thread [forum.culteducation.com].

Part I of the video clips in that linked thread is mandatory viewing to cut to the heart of who Carter is and what he is about:

"Part I - "You are to live in and be the results, of up leveling the vibrations in your own life as you reflect the vibratory order of the cosmos." He then asks, "How am I doing?" Responses are "Fantastic!" (6:59 min. mark) "

Another, smaller version, con-man and BS'er.

- Hitch

Date: June 14, 2013 10:38AM

On a humorous note: This was pretty much me as a little "hitchy", growing up in the $oka Gakkai Cult Org., as a misfortune baby, in the (then so-called) "Jr. Pioneers" (now, "ESD - Elementary School Division").

- Hitch

Attachments: Soka Gakkai Leader Thought Police.gif (12.9 KB)  
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 14, 2013 11:46AM

meh
Hitch
I was told this exact same thing when given a tour of the Ikeda room as a YMD. "If we work hard enough for Cousin Rufus, Sensei will feel our efforts, our daimoku will call him here and he will come visit our kaikan. It all depends on our pure faith, ichinen, and mission to respond to him. Work hard for our area to have Sensei come in person to give us guidance and encourage us." And with that, you are slowly ushered out, given one last glance as the door closes, the lock turns and the hardcore Japanese WD cult org. queen tightly grasps the key into her fisted hand and places it back into her pocket, to be put back into its special keepsake location.

Of course, if you're good enough, if you're brave enough . . . if your faith and practice are strong enough, the Great and Powerful Oz will appear! And if he doesn't, well, it's because somebody (not pointing any fingers, mind you) just isn't with the program. What you should've been thinking, my friend, is that the somebody might be you, and it's all your fault that GaPO hasn't graced our kaikan with his glorious presence.

A very-long-time member in Las Cruces told me that when ikeda visited Mexico a number of years ago, he passed through El Paso (about 50 miles from LC, and the closest community center). One of the leaders called her and said that she should reeeeallly get to the kaikan as quickly as she should; he couldn't tell her why, but she'd regret that she'd missed a wonderful opportunity. She couldn't get away from work and was devastated that she'd missed meeting the Great and Powerful. Apparently, when the man travels, it's like the POTUS . . . all secrecy and security. All the more to add to his cache I would think. Among his chief weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the mystic law!

What a guy . . . so powerful that his imaginary ass-prints in a desk chair emit majestic wisdom.

I had no idea that there was a magic room. The woman who s-b'd me lives in WA state and probably has a permanent, personal seat in Seattle. I think I must rattle her cage a bit about the ikeda room there - it'll amuse me to let her know that it isn't as big a secret as she believes it to be.

Are you people sure that there isn't a secret handshake? I think it probably starts with miming putting money in one's wallet and tucking it into a back pocket, some choreographed skipping around, a little hip-wiggling ending with a fist-bump and those two arms stretched out-and-upwards in that patented victory gesture that we all know so well. And lots of whooping and giggling. Nobody said it would be pretty.

I cleaned the Ikeda room, at least a dozen times in the old New York SGI "Buddhist" center as a tooth of the castle [gajokai]. Pristine and expensive furniture, finest mattress, hardwood headboard, and fancy bed cover, 3" thick white as snow carpet, expensive tasteful paintings and sculptures and what i assumed were gold plated bathroom fixtures, was how it was. The toilet was never used but we still had to clean it to a mirrored sparkle. We were taught that it was a great honor to be in the room, let alone our fortune to be able to clean it for Sensei. Kaneko was never mentioned in the old days.

Nichijew

Date: June 14, 2013 12:09PM

sixtyseven
@ Hitch and @T&P: have you ever heard of that ranch in Cali? Another property of the SGI. Is it hidden or is it open to the public? At least you can donate money and safe it before it's lost... As if ikeda wouldn't have any money to safe it???
Soka/ King ranch

The Bodhi tree and Nichiren's hermitage at Minobu have nothing on Daisaku Ikeda canyon in Northern California. [itouchmap.com]

[www.satelliteviews.net] [www.bing.com] [www.google.com]

sixtyseven
@ Hitch and @T&P: have you ever heard of that ranch in Cali? Another property of the SGI. Is it hidden or is it open to the public? At least you can donate money and safe it before it's lost... As if ikeda wouldn't have any money to safe it???
Soka/ King ranch

The Bodhi tree and Nichiren's hermitage at Minobu have nothing on Daisaku Ikeda canyon in Northern California. [itouchmap.com]

[www.google.com]

sixtyseven
Soka/ King ranch

sixtyseven
Soka/ King ranch

The Bodhi tree and Nichiren's hermitage at Minobu have nothing on Daisaku Ikeda canyon and Daisaku Ikeda Canyon beach in Northern California.

sixtyseven
Soka/ King ranch

sixtyseven
Soka/ King ranch

The Bodhi tree and Nichiren's hermitage at Minobu have nothing on Daisaku Ikeda canyon and Daisaku Ikeda Canyon beach in Northern California.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.