Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: March 16, 2013 01:07PM

"fncc PPT 03 - ruff draft 3" [sic].

Translation = FNCC (Gakkai Cult Org. Retreat) Power-Point (?) rough draft #3.

The "Master-Slave" indoctrination lecture. [www.youtube.com]

Lots of photos of The Idolized Dear Leader, people gobbled up by the cult org., The Human Revolution propaganda images and The Motherland.

Looks just like something taken right out of present day N. Korea.

The Florida Cult Retreat [www.sgi-usa.org] is nothing more than an intense thought reform indoctrination center for ordinary US members. "Leader" training trips to the motherland, are higher level versions reserved exclusively for up and coming salaried, national level positions - the slaves get blessed with an opportunity to get in closer physical proximity to The Dear Master. It's all kind of like a customized dosing of the kool-aid, targeted to specific groups of members, for specific purposes. Other countries in the International Cult Org. umbrella, have their equivalent "centers" (e.g., Trets, France [en.wikipedia.org], for Europe, etc.), too.

- Hitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: holly_golightly ()
Date: March 16, 2013 11:28PM

Hitch
It's all kind of like a customized dosing of the kool-aid, targeted to specific groups of members, for specific purposes. Other countries in the International Cult Org. umbrella, have their equivalent "centers" (e.g., Trets, France [en.wikipedia.org], for Europe, etc.), too.

- Hitch

Yes, there was always such a big thing about Trets. On the one hand the guidance was that your practice in the districts was the most important thing, but at the same time there was always a big emphasis on how Trets could 'change your life'. I remember getting some unofficial guidance several times as follows: if you want to improve your life a bit - go to Trets once in a year, if you want to change it more - go to Trets twice in a year but if you really want to change your life (i.e if you are really serious) go to Trets 3 times in a year. In other words - forget the daily practice, spend all your time and money revolving your life around Trets - advice that appeals to especially vulnerable and desperate members. I went too Trets relatively few times - too much money. But I often used to have the nagging feeling that maybe that's what I should be doing to change all my problems and the reason that things weren't getting better was because I wasn't planning to go to Trets. There was quite a lot of pressure as a leader to go at least once every couple of years otherwise you weren't challenging yourself sufficiently. This doesn't sound a lot but of course it is on top of the constant meetings, home visits, weekend activities, HQ courses, leaders courses, division courses that we were also expected to attend. At the end of the day it's never enough for the SGI.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: March 17, 2013 01:15AM

In reading these last several posts, it is completely apparent that there is no NMRK left in SGI. Where's the NMRK??? It is all about worshipping the Master.

The duality thinking is quite something, too. Like Hitch wrote about, it was his fault/karma that he got so sick and had to bail on the activity==yet, it was his great victory by overcoming the obstacle!

What do you guys think: If die-harders were shown evidence that Sensei bought all of the 300 honorary degrees, what do you bet that there would be some justification in their minds to the tune of: "Sensei cares for learning and education, therefore his donation to these needy universities is a wonderful cause!"

Posted by: holly_golightly ()
Date: March 17, 2013 03:19AM

Shavoy
What do you guys think: If die-harders were shown evidence that Sensei bought all of the 300 honorary degrees, what do you bet that there would be some justification in their minds to the tune of: "Sensei cares for learning and education, therefore his donation to these needy universities is a wonderful cause!"

I think you are right Shavoy - it wouldn't matter what sort of evidence was shown to many of the die-hard members, there would always be a way of justifying it for 'kosen rufu'.

Date: March 17, 2013 06:28AM

Holly_golightly's post has reminded me, the exact same kind of emphasis was placed on tozan-kai in the old N$A cult org. (Nichiren Shoshu $oka Gakkai of America). Although tozan didn't happen as often, the same kind of propaganda was fed to the members. "If you want to change your life or make a breakthrough, then you had to do tozan" and amazing miraculous things would happen. In reality, tozan with the $GI served the same purpose as these present day indoctrination cult retreat centers. In fact, that's *why* these cult retreat centers popped up right after the split with the priesthood, to replace the necessary role that tozan once played. The focus also shifted away from the dai-gohonzon (which now is even being touted as a fake, I personally don't care either way) and towards The Dear Leader (The Master-Slave lectures, Ikeda owned-touched artifacts museum, etc.). I mentioned before that the gakkai cult org. in the motherland is doing the same kind of museum-type exhibits with their new cult HQ buildings in Japan, too. It's gotten really sick as hell, to be honest.

Shavoy, I have tried to convince gakkai members (in the motherland, too) that Ikeda's "degrees" are finagled, bought and paid for. It causes some to have temporary cognitive dissonance, but it is ultimately pushed aside into the denial corner of their minds eventually. Perhaps one day, some will be ready to accept it, if the dissonance keeps knocking on their mental door (if it is ajar). Most, are brainwashed to believe that The Dear Leader accepts the degrees on behalf of them, representing actual proof of the validity of the gakkai's cult practice in the real world and that The Dear Leader doesn't go seeking these degrees - they come to him, which he cannot turn down. In essence, a flow of benefits from his practice that just doesn't stop. It's absolutely absurd and all connections to reality have been cut when it comes to anything related to The Dear Leader.

holly_golightly
At the end of the day it's never enough for the SGI.

Bingo! Truer words have rarely been spoken.

This was my exact "experience" in the gakkai cult org.. For a long time, I specifically tried to cultivate and find a happy balance that I could keep up and tolerate. A balance that would please a hardcore gakkai parent and certain "leaders", yet one that I could also accept. The more I gave, the more they wanted and expected. It was never enough. Eventually, I reached a breaking point and started stepping back. Things slowly started to get interesting from that point on and I regularly started to encounter the Mr. Hyde side of the "leaders" and certain members.

The $oka Gakkai Cult Org. is one seriously messed up, dysfunctional, destructive and abusive pseudo-buddhist cult.

- Hitch

Date: March 17, 2013 08:08AM

Btw, I just wanted to add to my post above -

The manipulative, controlling and mentally oppressive nature of tozan-kai was 100% a gakkai cult org. creation. Anybody who went on personal tozan, without the gakkai, can probably attest to this.

There was no "strictness" to it, unlike the gakkai. It was relaxed. There was no "control" to it, unlike the gakkai. There was freedom to wander the temple grounds, take in the beauty and peacefully enjoy. There was no dictating your schedule or mandates that you do this or that at a certain time, unlike the gakkai. You could choose what events you wanted to attend, at what time and even change your mind and decide not to attend if you so chose - without any guilt or mind games to accompany. There was no "need" to occupy your time with manufactured "meetings" or events, to fill in the gaps in your schedule or mandatory 100 mph manic chanting orgies in between regular events to manipulate you, unlike the gakkai. As stated, you were free to choose whatever you wanted to do or go wherever you desired (DEFINITELY NOT the case with gakkai tozan - never in a million years!).

And most tellingly, when it was all over, there was no military-esque lining up and marching out. Nobody was there to yell at you that you weren't doing something, usually very trivial, right (like facing in the wrong direction or looking too happy and relaxed by talking). Quite the opposite. We all gathered around in an informal group, introduced ourselves and shared with each other outside under the cheery blossom trees, our stories and what brought each of us to Japan and / or Taisekiji. Lots of smiles and laughter. Nothing oppressive about it whatsoever. When the time came to leave, you walked out the gates of the temple casually, lingering if you chose and even laughing and having some chit-chat with others whom you met, taking as much time as you like. In the gakkai, it was military style rushing to your next manufactured cult event, for more manipulation. There were no people with electronic bullhorns barking orders at you and no lines of cheering gakkai automatons on the sidelines waving tri-colored cult flags as you were ushered off to your next fantasy land venue.

I couldn't believe how so utterly different things were without the gakkai. Like night and day. Don't get me wrong, because I'm not a Nichiren Shoshu fan. I think both sides are playing off people's insecurities, fears, longings and searchings. The gakkai cult org. is just so in your face and much, much more evil about it, that's all.

The gakkai used their own version of a manufactured tozan for their own cult controlling purposes. When they no longer could, the just created their own specialized gakkai cult retreats with their own curriculum to suit their needs, instead. VoilĂ , the remote and secluded gakkai versions of their own Nichiren Shoshu temples for the same purpose, ... FNCC, Trets, etc.. These are temples to The Dear Leader.

Any way you slice it, the $oka Gakkai is a personality CULT serving one man (and it always was, too).

- Hitch

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: March 17, 2013 09:50AM

TaitenAndProud
This was prolly before he joined NSA/SGI: [www.youtube.com]

Oh yeah...

Bet HE never wastes HIS valuable time at lame "discussion meetings" *eye roll*

But if you're famous, ALL IS FORGIVEN!!

Herbie Hancock joined the SG cult in 1973. I saw him many times during the 1973 Tozan/Shohondo Convention, as he was assigned to the same sobo (lodge) that I stayed in. A jazz musician friend of mine (Dave Robertson- pro bass trombonist) pointed him out to me - I had never heard of Herbie at the time. I don't think he had attained the widespread success and fame of later years.

I distinctly remember that Herbie was a newly appointed jr leader, with a big bullying overlord senior leader that was constantly chewing Herbie a new ass. This butthead leader was so abusive, I was truely embarrassed for poor Herbie. Ah yes, Gestapo, er, I mean Gakkai training! So lovely and endearing.

After that, the only times I saw Herbie he had been elevated in status to big cheeze NSA celebrity, and was usually playing with Wayne Shorter, Nester Torres, and their tight circle of famous jazz cats at big NSA cult events.

I dont think any idiot leaders were screaming at him by then. So looks like you're right T&P, if you're famous, all is forgiven. Too bad I never became a celebrity - my ears would have spent a lot less time bleeding as well.

Spartacus

Date: March 17, 2013 11:09AM

Hitch
Just couldn't resist posting this [www.youtube.com]. A song, especially for The Dear Leader and about Cousin Rufus, on the occasion of completing (here's that magic rounded number again) 1 million daimoku (the magic chant, NMRK).

Enjoy!

"Sensei, you are wise man, kind man, marching in the street, gonna take on the world today, got a smile on your face, you are full of grace, waving your banner all over the place. We will, we will do Kosen-Rufu!"

"Sing it! Everybody!"

"Sensei, you are a bull man, a soul man, chanting with your heart, gonna make your world peace today."

This individual is not of sound mind, nor original.

CULT!!

- Hitch

I bolted straight up in bed, jolted awake by the terror of the nightmare - a hellish scene that just couldn't fade away quickly enough. I fumbled for a drink of water as I saw and heard the never-ending scenario replaying in my mind over and over , just as it had in my awful dream.

I found myself trapped at a Gakkai Karaoki party with no means of escape. First, I am weakened by continuous torture: out of tune, out of rhythm members, worbling all the favorite gakkai cult songs of love and glory for Great Leader. Tears stream from their eyes, and some choke up with emotion so great they can only produce eerie squeeking sounds or guteral grunts. Eyes bulge and faces contort. Zombie-like clutching all around forms a circle jerk (a big circle with a stupid jerk in the center - in this case, me).

Just when I think the torture is about to end, the zombies break into this very song! "We will, we will do cousin rufus" (It's like a Nichiren miracle that you ever found it!) My nightmare intensifies as the endless verses of this song go on and on, getting louder and more echoing with each repeating chorus. My ears begin to bleed as my eyes roll back into my head. I want to pass out - to leave the pain and suffering behind in blissfull blackness. But I can't - the song just keeps repeating incessently over and over. The pain - oh, the pain!

Now this nightmare song haunts my every waking hour. The famous hook melodic line from Queen endlessly playing in my head with the cult bastardized words forever cemented into my psyche. The brainwash is complete now. The words will always be with me, like you know, dear leader. Maybe I should write him a poem and send a letter...

Warning: do not listen to and never sing along with this song (or any other SGcult songs) - it's highly addictive message and effective propaganda technique is highly likely to endanger your mental reasoning, health, freedom, and cause spiritual enslavement. (See this forum for complete list of cult brainwashing side effects.) :D

Spartacus

Date: March 17, 2013 11:28AM

The Anticult
In reality, the concept is more like Master/"Slave" psychologically and economically.

How many SGI members do years of unpaid labor for SGI, which is worth countless billions of dollars?
SGI has billions in the private asset holdings of the Ikeda family, all made off the backs of unpaid labor of SGI followers.

What is unpaid labor called?

Definition of SLAVE
2: one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence

So in reality its Master/"slave".
Then it became Master/Disciple, which sounds more biblical, like Ikeda is Jesus, and the SGI followers are his "Disciples".

Then for western corporate whitewash propaganda, SGI call it Mentor/Disciple.
Notice SGI kept the word Disciple, as that means a follower who does NOT QUESTION the Master.

In reality, if you are doing UNPAID LABOR for a multibillion dollar private company controlled by the Ikeda family called SGI, that is Master/"slave".

Very good comment, Anticult. You beat me to making the same point. It's pure SLAVERY! In the SGcult, mentor/student equals master/slave. All that talk about "giving one's life" to cousin rufus or dear leader is dangerous. It sets up a subservient attitude to "obey" which is at the heart of being a slave. Master in life my ass. Who da massa? Who da massa? Look in a mirror and say, It's my life - I AM MY OWN MASTER! If you can not do that, then you are indeed a slave.

Spartacus

Date: March 17, 2013 01:59PM

Spartacus
Hitch
Just couldn't resist posting this [www.youtube.com]. A song, especially for The Dear Leader and about Cousin Rufus, on the occasion of completing (here's that magic rounded number again) 1 million daimoku (the magic chant, NMRK).

Enjoy!

"Sensei, you are wise man, kind man, marching in the street, gonna take on the world today, got a smile on your face, you are full of grace, waving your banner all over the place. We will, we will do Kosen-Rufu!"

"Sing it! Everybody!"

"Sensei, you are a bull man, a soul man, chanting with your heart, gonna make your world peace today."

This individual is not of sound mind, nor original.

CULT!!

- Hitch

I bolted straight up in bed, jolted awake by the terror of the nightmare - a hellish scene that just couldn't fade away quickly enough. I fumbled for a drink of water as I saw and heard the never-ending scenario replaying in my mind over and over , just as it had in my awful dream.

I found myself trapped at a Gakkai Karaoki party with no means of escape. First, I am weakened by continuous torture: out of tune, out of rhythm members, worbling all the favorite gakkai cult songs of love and glory for Great Leader. Tears stream from their eyes, and some choke up with emotion so great they can only produce eerie squeeking sounds or guteral grunts. Eyes bulge and faces contort. Zombie-like clutching all around forms a circle jerk (a big circle with a stupid jerk in the center - in this case, me).

Just when I think the torture is about to end, the zombies break into this very song! "We will, we will do cousin rufus" (It's like a Nichiren miracle that you ever found it!) My nightmare intensifies as the endless verses of this song go on and on, getting louder and more echoing with each repeating chorus. My ears begin to bleed as my eyes roll back into my head. I want to pass out - to leave the pain and suffering behind in blissfull blackness. But I can't - the song just keeps repeating incessently over and over. The pain - oh, the pain!

Now this nightmare song haunts my every waking hour. The famous hook melodic line from Queen endlessly playing in my head with the cult bastardized words forever cemented into my psyche. The brainwash is complete now. The words will always be with me, like you know, dear leader. Maybe I should write him a poem and send a letter...

Warning: do not listen to and never sing along with this song (or any other SGcult songs) - it's highly addictive message and effective propaganda technique is highly likely to endanger your mental reasoning, health, freedom, and cause spiritual enslavement. (See this forum for complete list of cult brainwashing side effects.) :D

Spartacus

HAHA!!! :-))

- Hitch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.