Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: March 13, 2013 02:32PM

More cult fascist behavior:

Here's our old friend (posted previously on this thread) at the FNCC recently, determine minded performing to screaming cult fans, The Dear Leader's Cult Fan Dance [www.youtube.com]. Somebody screams out "SENSEI!" at the 1:19 minute mark. (I was personally waiting for him to back up into the glass door at the 1:35 mark).

I can't say it enough, ... CULT!!

(Btw, I post the clips because I believe that there is nothing better than actually seeing the cult at work, for what it is, and having it pointed out clearly. Prospective members may see it much more easily than current or longtime members. (The latter group may have always "looked", but are - perhaps - not genuinely actually "seeing" what's going on right in front of them.)

- Hitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 13, 2013 02:59PM

At the gakkai USA cult retreat (FNCC) recently: Start off with magic chant, daimoku sansho [www.youtube.com], then, let the thought stopping, behavior regressing rituals commence [www.youtube.com].

I feel sorry for the older gentleman at the 0:37 second mark. He's obviously not having any of their ridiculous dance moves at the very end (see from 1:40 minute mark).

Poor guy. I wonder what happened to him, that he got gobbled up into the cult org.. We all certainly have our own stories, as well, don't we.

Always gotta end with "Forever Dear Leader!", too! [www.youtube.com]

FNCC = The Gakkai CULT Retreat.

- Hitch

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: March 13, 2013 08:14PM

TaitenAndProud
Hi, kyrl. What you said below brought a memory to mind.

"I wondered if this YMD leader ever thought about the consequence if someone passed out or died."

One of my fellow YWD, who'd been "in" somewhat longer than I had, once told me about how, at some big YWD activity in Chicago (our Jt. Territory - a several-hour drive from our home base of Minneapolis), she developed excruciating abdominal pain right in the middle of the chanting at the end of gongyo. Everyone around her told her she had to chant through it! Of course it could only be sansho shima O_O

No one suggested taking her to a doctor or calling an ambulance. No, it could *only* be "sansho shima" and if she just chanted, it would just "go away". Like so many problems in life. If you just chant, they'll simply disappear of their own volition!

O_O

She told me that she ended up screaming NMRK because she was in so much pain. And by the end of the daimoku period, the pain went away. Apparently, she had some sort of pelvic inflammatory disorder (NOT the sort of thing you want to play around with if you ever hope to have children, which she may not have held as a goal).

WHAT IF SHE HAD DIED?? WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD NOT TAKE SOMEONE SUFFERING SEVERE PAIN TO THE ER?????

I posted earlier in this thread about coming down with what turned out to be appendicitis on a holiday weekend. Many of my friends and family had gone away. After some desperate calling, I finally reached a couple of SGI members. They would not take me to the Emergency Room -- said, "It wasn't copnvenient."

I'm sure they thought that I just should have chanted until the pain went away! Fortunately, I didn't. I called a taxi, and went to the ER, where they gave me a scan and arranged for emergency surgery.

A hardcore SGI member would say that I got appendicitis because I was not practicing well enough....yet they'd probably also say that I got through the surgery and made a quick recovery because of the fortune I had built up from years of practice.

Kyrl, I can also relate to your experience...SGI members love to talk about how much SGI loves and cares for its members, about the importance of compassion and taking care of others -- and yet, if you look at what they actually do, there is a huge disconnnect.

Date: March 14, 2013 05:25AM

tsukimoto
Kyrl, I can also relate to your experience...SGI members love to talk about how much SGI loves and cares for its members, about the importance of compassion and taking care of others -- and yet, if you look at what they actually do, there is a huge disconnnect.

Classic cult doublethink at work. There are so many examples of it in the gakkai cult org..

Remember my post above about the "New way of seeing things" documentary. Well, here's another example of gakkai hidden (literally) doublethink at work [www.japan-press.co.jp]. (Thanks to Nichijew's site for finding this gem.)

"...[T]he Soka Gakkai group attempted to collect information in order to suppress anti-Soka Gakkai activities."

"The core of the theft incident was ignored, and both the police and DoCoMo was not cooperative in establishing the facts."

"Human rights", my @ss.

The Mr. Hyde side of the $oka Gakkai Cult Org. at work in the motherland, yet again (gakkai members are deeply imbedded in society in the motherland, police force / major telecommunication companies / etc.. The $oka Gakkai is more than just a standard cult, it's a very rich, dirty, manipulative and powerful organization ($$$$), too. Its marionette hooks are wide and deep.

- Hitch

Date: March 14, 2013 09:46AM

Directly from $GI's charter [www.sgi.org], specifically, article number 9, stating:

9. "SGI shall promote, based on the Buddhist ideal of symbiosis, the protection of nature and the environment."

Consider the following:

BEGIN EXCERPT -

"Nuclear energy and political parties - Komei Party (Part 2)
August 28, 2011

Soka Gakkai features pro-nuclear series every year

Soka Gakkai, the religious organization and parent organization of the Komei Party, publishes a newspaper Seikyo Shimbun, in which Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) used to run an advertisement every summer between 1978 and 1982.

Begins in 1978

The first TEPCO ad appeared on August 2, 1978, covering five bottom columns to advertise that TEPCO was steadily carrying out its plan to promote nuclear power generation.

In 1978 TEPCO aggressively approached Soka Gakkai and the Komei Party in a bid to get the Kashiwazaki Kariwa nuclear power plant (NPP), whose construction was approved in Sep. 1977, built at all costs in Niigata Prefecture to follow the Fukushima NPP.

From 1983 through 2010, TEPCO ran a new style ad in the form of a series for children “Let’s learn about electricity during summer holidays.” The series appeared for an average of 10 to 14 issues every summer. Seikyo Shimbun advertising bureau played a major role in producing the series, with TEPCO providing the information.

The installment dated August 29, 1983 was extraordinary. The article set the scene in which a mother and her child visit the Fukushima Daiichi NPP, which is the one involved in the March accident, and the Daini NPP. The mother asks, “Can it withstand an earthquake?” A TEPCO staff member answers, “The foundation of an atomic power plant is built on hard bedrock. At the Fukushima Daiichi NPP, a staff member working inside a nuclear reactor building says he did not feel the quake at all when the 1978 Earthquake off Miyagi occurred,” and notes how sturdy the structure is. Then the child says, “So we can take shelter in a NPP for safety when an earthquake occurs.”

The serial “summer study” article dated July 29, 1999 took the reader on a visit to the Fukushima Daiichi NPP Unit 3 reactor. The article says that the nuclear reactor is guarded by thick cement walls and that its exterior is further surrounded doubly and triply by protective walls to completely seal in radioactivity. The article concludes by saying that the visiting mother and child are convinced that there would be no leak of radioactivity outside in the event of an accident.

Absence of self-criticism

Pro-nuclear ads on Seikyo Simbun did not end even after the 1979 Three Mile Island accident in the United States, the 1986 Chernobyl accident in the Soviet Union, and even after the 1999 criticality accident in Tokai Village in Ibaraki Prefecture.

So far this year, the year of the Fukushima Daiichi NPP accident, there has been no joint Seikyo Shimbun-TEPCO series. Likewise, there has not been a single article in the newspaper expressing self-criticism for propagating the nuclear “safety myth.”

(End)

END EXCERPT.

Link - [www.japan-press.co.jp]

More cult doublethink action and behavior. Take special note of bolded black (added by me). I've said it before, the cult org. breaks (in some way) every single article of its own "lofty" charter.

Typical $oka Gakkai Cult Org. horse-sh**. When will people wake up and start to smell the manure the gakkai is always shoveling.

- Hitch

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: March 14, 2013 01:59PM

tsukimoto, on his autobiographical blog, Spartacus likewise describes how, when he came down sick with a high fever while on tozan, everyone *completely* ignored him - in his own words, no one even offered him so much as an aspirin! And here he was, an American who didn't speak a (useful) word of Japanese, in Japan, far from home, with no support system aside from the members - who were ignoring him!

I'm sure you've already read it, but for anyone who hasn't, start at the beginning: [spartacusrebel.weebly.com]

Here's the pertinent section:

Unfortunately, due to a combination of insufficient food, sleep deprivation, jetlag, cold wet weather, and stress, I came down sick with a severe flu and fevers. Other YMD were quick to chastise me as being weak when a chose sleep and rest over the virtually 24 hour a day activities that were going on during the pilgrimage. I was so sick and out of it that it wasn’t difficult to refuse attending meetings, lectures, training sessions, or whatever was on the slate for us to participate in, but I was still left feeling guilty about my refusal to comply. I was never offered any sort of medical assistance, not even an aspirin for my fevers. As far as I knew, there was no place on the temple grounds to go ask for medical assistance, and I did not dare to complain to my seniors about being sick.

This is describing a *hostile* environment. Who in their right mind would *voluntarily* submit to that?? The fact that he found himself in that situation in the first place speaks volumes to how much his mind had been manipulated at that point. We've all been in a similar situation, where we blamed *ourselves* because we weren't getting the support we needed, when, in fact, the whole problem was that others were demanding of us far more than they had any right to, and that we shouldn't have been expected to deliver in the first place!

Date: March 14, 2013 02:35PM

Just to add to this theme, I've mentioned before that a similar event happened to me, too.

I came down with pneumonia right after serving as soka-han, stationed outside on a cold, windy winter night, until the early a.m. hours (after midnight). I still remember how cold I was that night - freezing cold. I went to the ER that same day, after getting off soka-han duty, going home, changing and stuff, but I never made it back home again. I was hospitalized, put on an IV, antibiotics, etc.. Nobody from the gakkai cult org. ever came to check on me or say "hello", either.

Afterward, it was spun by my cult org. "leaders" as my own "weakness" and "sansho-shima" (obstacles to one's practice). It was also spun that it was my fortune to recover so quickly and return to my YMD activities for the cult org. healthy. All that mattered to them was that I completed the "campaign" "victoriously." Up until that point, I thought I was could "go, go, go", endlessly. It made me realize that I was not invincible (despite being young) and that the cult org. was running me ragged. It slowly dawned on me after all of this, that no matter how much I inevitably did for the cult org., it would never be quite enough to satisfy some people (hardcore gakkai parent and some "leaders"). It also gave me the courage to start paring back a bit on my involvement.

The gakkai cult org. will literally run you into the ground, chew you up and spit you out (and keep rolling right along without as so much as a second thought about you), if you let it. It is not a moral, caring, religious, buddhist organization. It's a heartless, parasitic, harmful, manipulative and destructive pseudo-buddhist cult org..

- Hitch

Date: March 15, 2013 06:32AM

Seeking "Sensei" through Cousin Rufus Towers.

"Timing, precision, grace, balance, witness how bravery can defy gravity. Please give it up for the YMD Gymnastics!"

[www.youtube.com]

Mission Impossible for Cousin Rufus & The Dear Leader - Sensei! (I admit, I only watched the first few minutes and just glanced at the remaining portions.)

What is the purpose of these kinds of cult activities? In the real world, none. In the CULT world, to manufacture an alternate reality in members' minds, create artificial goals that people can strive and struggle for in order to create manipulative bonds between cult members and especially, the cult org. itself (i.e., everyone's "leader" above them, all the way up to The Dear Leader).

Members think it is about NMRK, world peace and themselves, but in fact, it is about none of those things. It is all about the cult org. and "Sensei", creating imaginary "life bonds" with them (mental chains of dependency).

- Hitch

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: March 15, 2013 09:21AM

Here's the thing - isn't Buddhism famously about improving one's OWN life?

So why should we care about how many freakin' honorary degrees the big fat short guy has purchased to try and make himself appear more illustrious (while accomplishing precisely *nothing*)?

Why should we be concerned about "mentor and disciple" when, in the end, our priority is our own self-improvement?

That whole "self-improvement through subordinating your will to the organization" can only be carried *so far*, right? Won't people realize at some point that denying themselves in order to serve others isn't actually improving themselves?

It's funny that they say "Follow the Law, not the Person" out of one side of their mouths while exhorting the glorious gloriousness of OUR President Ikeda out of the other side of their mouths *eye roll*

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 15, 2013 01:43PM

SGI tells people that "self-improvement through subordinating your will to the organization" is what they must do, because every single sect or cult wants people to subordinate their will to the Org/Leader. That is the entire point!
SGI just tries to dress it up a bit with Master/follower.

But its the same as any other sect...Obey the Mother-ship...subordinating your will...follow orders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.