Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: March 11, 2013 05:53AM

I think I've seen a recent cult propaganda photo of Herbie Hancock at a "zadankai" meeting. I believe it was taken sometime in 2012 (?) and was at some cult meeting in someone's (what looked like) apartment in Santa Monica (?). The Cult Org. is still milking it for everything that can get from it. He's a BIG "Dear Leader" fan, too, btw.

- Hitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 11, 2013 05:54AM

I'd like to put this clip out there and invite fellow board members' thoughts on it.

It's pretty well done and very deceiving. 21 minutes in length.

[www.youtube.com]

Must say, if I didn't have any inside familiarity or knowledge about the gakkai cult org., I would have trouble finding fault with its main message. And therein lies the rub. The cult org. is not really about any of that feel good, emotional goodness displayed in the clip. The "World Peace" / Harmony / Friendship angle is the appealing bait (along with the later to be revealed after joining, magic chant), but the reality is is that it is a self-glorification cult of one Japanese man (which is probably the only real and honest hint in the clip, as to the true nature of the $oka cult).

My own thoughts -

Ikeda, again, jumping on the coattails of another world figure, to manufacture an image that his non-substantive efforts are somehow on equal footing in the annals of world history with other pivotal world famous activists.

I especially want to call attention to the portion from 13:45 minutes on. This is deeply ingrained (hidden) double think from the cult org.. It is EXACTLY what the gakkai cult does to it's own members to manipulate them into being "Master & Disciples" of The Dear Leader. (I refuse to use the more politically correct and softer label of "mentor", because it was never referred to as such for most of my time in.)

EXCERPT ~

"The tyranny of images. The propagations of stereotypes and ready made images, may have even increased. Much of the information that floods our world, has been selected and tailored to fit preconceived notions and stereotypes."

"The growth and development of mass media, has actually increased the danger of proliferating stereotypes and ready made images. We are ALL exposed to this risks. It's vital that we each ask ourselves some important questions:

- Do I accept without question, the images shown to me?
- Do I believe unconfirmed reports with first examining them?
- Have I unwittingly allowed myself to become prejudiced?
- Do I really have a grasp of the facts of the matter?
- Have I confirmed these things for myself?
- Have I gone to the scene, have I met the people involved, have I listened to what they have to say?
- Am I being swayed by malicious rumors?"

"I believe that this kind of inner dialogue is crucial."

END EXCERPT.

All the above, is EXACTLY what members DON'T do with respect to the gakkai cult org. itself. Why turn it around and apply it to the person (Dear Leader) who supposedly taught you how to "think" this way in the first place? It's deceptively manipulative. For if one were to turn that critically thinking magnifying glass directly onto the cult org. itself, you may be surprised as to what you find. Precisely because many of us here have done so, we can say these things and share our own stories.

"Another way of seeing things", but actually just common sense dressed up as some "unique" earth shattering idea that only The Dear Leader could come up with, reveal and share with the world, in order to save it. Just another dressed up, typical, gakkai cult hijacking (a conglomerate of other people's philosophical approaches) hack job.

There is however, more deep irony in that clip. (See 16:35 minutes on.)

EXCERPT ~

"When we stop looking at ourselves, when we no longer question ourselves, we become self-righteous and dogmatic. Our interactions then become a "one-way street." We cannot hear others and real dialogue becomes impossible."

(20:02 minute on.)

"As long as you are suffering, whoever you are and whatever your suffering may be, *I* suffer, too."

END EXCERPT.

A PERFECT description of the cult org. itself.

I can also honestly say, as an ex-member of the $oka Gakkai cult org., *I* suffered from the cult org.'s abuses and manipulations, too.

The above clip is a potently deceptive appeal to gain members AND an ironically razor sharp double-edged sword that can cut both ways.

I strongly recommend that cult org. members (and prospective members) not compartmentalize their critical thinking into some kind of split-brain, schizophrenic, compromise and allow themselves to be manipulated and abused by the gakkai cult org..

Critical thinking works, but it has to be applied universally.

- Hitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2013 05:57AM by Hitch.

Re: Soka Gakkai -- SGI Ikeda's fake cash-bought "degrees"
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 13, 2013 12:53AM

Wiki says that:

"Charles Malik, the UN General Assembly president, and co-author of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, received no less than sixty-three honorary doctoral degrees. His original title was "doctor", as he had earned a PhD from Harvard. Malik has the highest number of honorary doctoral degrees."
[en.wikipedia.org]

Have they not heard of Ikeda? He's got like 300 of them, all bought on the free-market, just like The Buddha intended.

The Buddha said: "If you see an honorary degree you crave and desire to expand your Ego, then buy it with your followers money...that is the path to self-contentment...hundreds of fake-degrees and stuff like gold faucets". (The Buddha)

[en.wikipedia.org]

Re: Soka Gakkai -- SGI Ikeda's fake cash-bought "degrees"
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 13, 2013 12:58AM

Someone should add a category, or change the line in Wiki [en.wikipedia.org] about who has the most Hon Degrees.

Ikeda might have the most of anyone? 300?
It should say that "Dr." Ikeda has the most.

It would be good to give Ikeda that crown, as it shows what a laughingstock he is to anyone outside of SGI.

Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: kyrl ()
Date: March 13, 2013 05:08AM

I remembered back in 1988 (? I think), we had a convention in Seattle. I was a new Byakuren helping the upper level of this stadium. It was very hot, the air conditioning did not reach the top level so the members kept coming back downstairs to cool down. A YMD leader told to keep the members in their seats and not let them move around. I said it was very hot and that was why the members kept going downstairs. He actually said I was not doing my job! Gosh! Some of the members looked like they were going to faint! I wondered if this YMD leader ever thought about the consequence if someone passed out or died.

Date: March 13, 2013 05:36AM

That is an excellent example as to the split-brain compromise that gakkai cult-org. members have to deal with, either in the form of denial or cognitive dissonance. They'd probably tell you that it is Ikeda's "good fortune" (cult-speak) to not be listed there, while the other side of their brain may or may not be knocking on the wall saying "but what does *that* really tell you?" Then, they push it aside into a corner or recess of their mind, where it either nags at them (dissonance) or they forget about it entirely (denial), ... and continue marching forward for Cousin Rufus (i.e., the gakkai's lofty "World Peace" banner).

I agree, completely, Ikeda has shot himself in the foot with all of those ridiculous, over-the-top, obscure "honorary" doctorates. To gakkai members, it is well deserved glorification of The Dear Leader's efforts / status; to the outside world, it is a comedic monkey jumping loudly on Ikeda's back, ironically revealing his "hidden" addiction to assuaging his insecurities, for all to see (much like the Ikeda-King-Gandhi joke, too).

- Hitch

Re: Former SGI members
Date: March 13, 2013 05:54AM

kyrl
I remembered back in 1988 (? I think), we had a convention in Seattle. I was a new Byakuren helping the upper level of this stadium. It was very hot, the air conditioning did not reach the top level so the members kept coming back downstairs to cool down. A YMD leader told to keep the members in their seats and not let them move around. I said it was very hot and that was why the members kept going downstairs. He actually said I was not doing my job! Gosh! Some of the members looked like they were going to faint! I wondered if this YMD leader ever thought about the consequence if someone passed out or died.

Hi kyrl, and welcome.

That's what the gakkai cult org. does to its members, especially the "YOUTH!" It's an extremely manipulative and controlling playground of mind and power games that turns people into unthinking (even to the point of losing common sense), mindless obedient automatons, devoted to the cult org. above all else (ironically, even to the detriment of its "precious" members).

I've seen many examples of it, much like what you've just described. Do you know what they would even tell the members in this case? They'd tell them, "do your human revolution", "challenge yourself" and "support the meeting", no matter how hot you are. Essentially, "sweat for Cousin Rufus." If anybody were to pass out or get sick, then it would be chalked up to "sansho shima", their fake "karma", their "being out-of-rhythm", or their "lack of faith and effort." No joke here, either. I've heard, and experienced some, all of these kinds of remarks, and more.

Btw, any YMD who would go out of his way to bark orders at a YWD byakuren is surely overstepping his bounds (which should not be surprising). It also speaks as to his severe level of brainwashing and his enjoyment of his perceived status position of power over others (there were a lot of power hungry manipulators in the "YOUTH!" division during my time in, which also coincides with the time frame you mentioned). You definitely encountered one in this case.

- Hitch

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 06:02AM by Hitch.

Date: March 13, 2013 11:10AM

Just couldn't resist posting this [www.youtube.com]. A song, especially for The Dear Leader and about Cousin Rufus, on the occasion of completing (here's that magic rounded number again) 1 million daimoku (the magic chant, NMRK).

Enjoy!

"Sensei, you are wise man, kind man, marching in the street, gonna take on the world today, got a smile on your face, you are full of grace, waving your banner all over the place. We will, we will do Kosen-Rufu!"

"Sing it! Everybody!"

"Sensei, you are a bull man, a soul man, chanting with your heart, gonna make your world peace today."

This individual is not of sound mind, nor original.

CULT!!

- Hitch

Date: March 13, 2013 01:29PM

The $oka Gakkai Ikeda-Dear-Leader Cult Org. in India [www.youtube.com]. "Young Lions of India."

The cult song starts around the 1:00 minute mark. Notice the Hitler-esque arm thrusts, but with fists, and the fascistic themed melody music.

"Young Lions of India
Awaken to the power in you
Fighting with sword of the Mystic Law
And Sensei to guide you through
This is the time to take an oath
Come together today
To fulfil our mission of kosen-rufu
We will show the way

*We are writing a brave new story
We are making history
United we will forge ahead
Towards great victory
(*2x)

Standing alone courageously
Bringing hope to one and all
Winning in our lives every day
We will fight no matter what

Marching ahead,
defeating evil
Keeping the dale of faith alive
Soaring in the sky on wings of hope
Forever we will strive

(Repeat *)

Of revealing significance, also take note when the camera begins to pan around the room from the 2:35 minute mark on. Notice the tri-colored logos and most importantly, the three very large portraits on the wall of the 3 cult org. "presidents", only The Dear Leader is in full vibrant color.

Those people clapping in unison, all around the room, the atmosphere ...

(reminds me of) Sieg Heil!!

Watch the ending, too --> working the crowd up into a "Young Lion" (yet more cult-speak) frenzy.

CULT!

- Hitch

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: March 13, 2013 01:34PM

Hi, kyrl. What you said below brought a memory to mind.

"I wondered if this YMD leader ever thought about the consequence if someone passed out or died."

One of my fellow YWD, who'd been "in" somewhat longer than I had, once told me about how, at some big YWD activity in Chicago (our Jt. Territory - a several-hour drive from our home base of Minneapolis), she developed excruciating abdominal pain right in the middle of the chanting at the end of gongyo. Everyone around her told her she had to chant through it! Of course it could only be sansho shima O_O

No one suggested taking her to a doctor or calling an ambulance. No, it could *only* be "sansho shima" and if she just chanted, it would just "go away". Like so many problems in life. If you just chant, they'll simply disappear of their own volition!

O_O

She told me that she ended up screaming NMRK because she was in so much pain. And by the end of the daimoku period, the pain went away. Apparently, she had some sort of pelvic inflammatory disorder (NOT the sort of thing you want to play around with if you ever hope to have children, which she may not have held as a goal).

WHAT IF SHE HAD DIED?? WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD NOT TAKE SOMEONE SUFFERING SEVERE PAIN TO THE ER?????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 01:35PM by TaitenAndProud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.