Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: February 26, 2013 07:21AM

Gakkai discussion meeting (zandankai), parody on the Oscars night, with cult-speak up the wazoo:

Welcome to the "Lionheart" district "VICTORY!" meeting. This is gong to be the "most encouraging", "we have someone 'joining' our district today", "people sharing incredible breakthrough experiences", "have lively encouraging discussion", and "create many new guests and friends."

"Good evening," "she's just brimming with an incredible life condition."

"What do you hope to get out this meeting tonight?"

"Enlightenment, enlightenment, absolute enlightenment." / "You look beautiful, "with a high life condition." / "Who's this beautiful 'bodhisattva'? / "Lot's of inspiration, encouragement, and rejuvination." / Looking for peace of mind, health. Looking for some happiness. (Hitch's comment: These poor people are really searching for something. Notice their subdued demeanor in comparison to all the others, it's because the kool-aid is still being processed.) / "To turn poison into medicine and be happy. I'm so exicited my daughter (or so-and-so) is with us today." (Hitch's comment: This mother has probably been hounding her daughter to attend a cult meeting, until she gives in.) / "I'm g-r-e-a-t-!" "It's s-o-o-o great to be here today!" "Have you attained a victory?" "I have definitely achieved a higher life condition thru chanting NMRK." "My dream and determination for the rest of the year is number one, to become happy and overcome any kind of situations with my family and really create great relationships all around." (Hitch's comment: Not sure where numbers 2-3, etc. went.) / "Chanting NMRK means that I have the power to overcome any obstacle or problem in my life and always have the option to have a high life condition and be able to be happy even if I'm struggling, so ... " (Hitch's comment: This lady has been "practicing" for a long time and has the cult lingo down cold, right down to the ending "so.")

"The $oka Gakkai is like magic and life to me!" (Hitch's comment: This elderly lady was snatched up by the cult during a bereavement period. I have little doubt the gakkai is after her $$$$, too - you have to listen to her experience. She sold her house for a huge profit and the people who bought it DON'T CHANT. "That's the trick, the magic of luck." (Hitch's comment: This part just flabbergasts me, to be honest --> typical gakkai cult psychology, "you are fortunate because you are chanting" and "pity those other poor suckers who don't chant.") "The most rewarding way of living, The $oka Gakkai way. The magic of luck." (Hitch's comment: Well, she's got that last part 100% correct.)

"She's brimming with an incredibly high life condition." "NMRK transforms my life, every single day, and brings me amazing, amazing benefits."

Family arrives with a "baby buddha." (Hitch's comment: Possible 'fortune baby.') We want to "Achieve absolute happiness."

"I'm looking for a little more positivity in my life. My outlook has been brighter. More positive about everything." (Hitch's comment: This lady is probably fighting depression in her life. Again, a very vulnerable person being preyed upon by the cult org..)

"Have my wishes fulfilled, always." A guest is receiving her "gohunzen" today (your 2nd birthday). (Hitch's comment: Everyday is your birthday in the cult org., with "CONGRATULATIONS!" and you also now have your "gohunzen" birthday.)

All cult-speak lingo bolded. Enjoy! [www.youtube.com]

- Hitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 26, 2013 07:54AM

[www.youtube.com]

This man (another, different, cultie) was once "told by a group that you couldn't sing NMRK, you have to chant it." He then goes into is song.

I'll bet you the "group" that told him that was the $GI Cult Org. (if so, more of their unthinking ignorance on display).

- Hitch

Date: February 26, 2013 07:57AM

[www.youtube.com]

A troubled boy/teen, expelled from school, into drugs and alcohol, in and out of children's homes and juvenile detention centers, is picked up by the gakkai cult org..

A common theme - a troubled and lost soul unknowingly steps into a the cult trap.

His way of chanting, btw, I've seen much stranger mannerisms, but I must say it does look a bit insane to me. (Apologies if that comes across as a bit harsh, but that's honestly how I view it, today.)

- Hitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 08:04AM by Hitch.

Posted by: sleepy skunk ()
Date: February 26, 2013 08:48AM

I found this entry on guidance. You know the source ;)

Sampling of really bad guidance
by: mroaks
Sun Oct 25, 2009 at 22:31:01 PM PDT

Here's a stash of "guidance in faith" that's sure to turn you into a sheep. This festival of stinko is attributed to "SGI Vice President Kawai, or Mr. Kawai's guidance in faith, conveyed by Mr. Noro, based on President Ikeda's guidance." Including SGI chestnuts such as:

"...The leader went on to say that President Toda's guidance was that when we determine that the only one thing we can trust is the gohonzon, then the body begins to recover from sickness....

...When our life philosophy is polluted by slander, and impurities then our life cannot produce its healing power....

...She was asked "do you think that your disease can be cured?" She replied "No!" "So then that is your desire. Your state of mind and that is why the answer from the Gohonzon is - - no cure!" replied the senior leader....

...One should never criticize leaders. Right or wrong, one should not complain at all. Instead, one can chant for them to grow and one will benefit from that too...."

When I read stuff like this, I can glimpse tiny grains of Nichiren Buddhism mixed in with a whole bunch of fanatical faith-healer shit. This is an example of what I'm talking about when I say Nichiren Buddhism and SGI Buddhism are two very different things.

Yeah, that's why I've seen more physical and mental suffering here than any church if you don't count the elderly. Magical thinking paired with thought stopping.

Hitch, what is with the fairies and SGI folk? Is this a common occurence? Two in this one page makes me think it might be. I know some people were into that energy, magical healing stuff and it creeped the hell out of me some of the stuff that was said and done. I've already relayed to you some in private if I am not mistaken. Between that and the "sciency stuff" people it is kind of impossible to tell these people are even remotely affiliated, not to mention supposedly in the same practise.

Date: February 26, 2013 10:51AM

sleepy skunk
I found this entry on guidance. You know the source ;)

Sampling of really bad guidance
by: mroaks
Sun Oct 25, 2009 at 22:31:01 PM PDT

Here's a stash of "guidance in faith" that's sure to turn you into a sheep. This festival of stinko is attributed to "SGI Vice President Kawai, or Mr. Kawai's guidance in faith, conveyed by Mr. Noro, based on President Ikeda's guidance." Including SGI chestnuts such as:

"...The leader went on to say that President Toda's guidance was that when we determine that the only one thing we can trust is the gohonzon, then the body begins to recover from sickness....

...When our life philosophy is polluted by slander, and impurities then our life cannot produce its healing power....

...She was asked "do you think that your disease can be cured?" She replied "No!" "So then that is your desire. Your state of mind and that is why the answer from the Gohonzon is - - no cure!" replied the senior leader....

...One should never criticize leaders. Right or wrong, one should not complain at all. Instead, one can chant for them to grow and one will benefit from that too...."

When I read stuff like this, I can glimpse tiny grains of Nichiren Buddhism mixed in with a whole bunch of fanatical faith-healer shit. This is an example of what I'm talking about when I say Nichiren Buddhism and SGI Buddhism are two very different things.

Man, that's horrid stuff, all four of them.

The second "guidance" (more cult-speak) is used as an excuse when the magic chant doesn't work for certain people.

That third one is both offensively ignorant and manipulative.

And that fourth (last one) is used as justification within the cult org. for the abuse that the so-called "leaders" often dish out.

The nasty and ugly side of the $oka Gakkai cult practice is very real and exists.

sleepy skunk
Yeah, that's why I've seen more physical and mental suffering here than any church if you don't count the elderly. Magical thinking paired with thought stopping.

Hitch, what is with the fairies and SGI folk? Is this a common occurence? Two in this one page makes me think it might be. I know some people were into that energy, magical healing stuff and it creeped the hell out of me some of the stuff that was said and done. I've already relayed to you some in private if I am not mistaken. Between that and the "sciency stuff" people it is kind of impossible to tell these people are even remotely affiliated, not to mention supposedly in the same practise.

It's a common occurrence as far as finding these types of looney-tunes in every area (headquarters, regions, countries), but not so common in the sense that not everyone is so extreme. That said, IMO, I personally find that there is invariably something slightly "off" with many or most gakkai members; I can't quite put my finger on it sometimes, but I *do* know it, when I see or encounter it (and even if it's not initially apparent, it usually reveals itself, given enough time.)

- Hitch

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: February 26, 2013 12:22PM

Do you ever run across something that triggers your remembering something similar that happened while Gakkai? Here's what dredged up a memory for me:

Evangelical Christians are almost universally disliked. Is there a good reason? (P.S. Democrats....this was written in 2002!)

I read an incident written by a preacher to an internet list I monitor. He told about taking his youth group on an outing, when the students began singing a popular country song about a guy who leaves his wife to pursue his fishing hobby. It's a hilarious song. But this fellow's reaction was predictable. He asked them to not sing a song about a marriage that breaks up, and to instead sing something that honored God. I routinely hear students ridiculing a fellow teacher who labels much of what students find funny as "of the devil."

These incidents show something that evangelicals need to admit. We are frequently unable to see humor, absurdity, and the honest reasons for humans to laugh at themselves. What very normal, very healthy people find laughable, we find threatening and often label with the ridiculous label of "the devil."

The message here isn't just that we are humorless or Puritanical. The message is that being human or being real is somehow evil. This is one place I can feel exactly what the unbelievers are talking about. When I see Christians trying to rob young people of the right to be normal, ordinary and human, it angers me. I feel threatened. It's hard to like people who seem to say that God, Jesus and Scripture are the enemies of laughter, sex, growing up and ordinary pleasures. Some Christians sometimes seem to say that everything pleasurable is demonic or to be avoided to show what a good Christian you are. Isn't it odd that unbelievers are so much more aware of the plain teaching of scripture than we are? [www.internetmonk.com]

Okay, here's what happened. There was supposed to be a Youth Division Conference up at the Minnesota headwaters of the Mississippi River, Itasca. I think that's what it was. Anyhow, I, as an up-and-coming YWD Chapter leader, was invited to come along and spec out the facilities. YWD Jt Territory Leader MISS Almeda Bailey was along. (Regardless of whether I'm remembering the event correctly, there were a lot of YWD and MISS Almeda Bailey all together.) Anyhow, MISS Almeda Bailey was a singer (and supposedly a professional one, though I never ever heard her sing) and we were all kidding around, and she was saying that she could sing just fine, but when she danced, everybody watching was, like, all "I'm so discourage!" And another YWD leader who was was a good dancer was, like, "Oh, well, I can dance, but when *I* sing, everybody is all 'I am so discouraged!'" We were laughing and laughing.

Upon returning home, I was relating this story to my District WD Chief (who had gone all evil-stepmother upon my promotion to Chapter YWD - more on that in a bit), and she said, "Well, *I* think we should make *OUR* district known for 'I'm so ENcouraged!'" She was saying that we shouldn't *ever* say that we're discouraged, even in jest!

So there you have it - we aren't allowed to be normal. We have to always make sure we are *only* upbeat, positive, happy, etc. There is simply *no room* for a normal range of emotional responses here!

Back to the WD District leader thing. While I was YWD Jr. Group Chief (aka Unit Chief, I think), then YWD Group Chief, then YWD District leader, she was the *nicest*, most nurturing, supportive person you could imagine. But as soon as I got promoted "above" her, to Chapter YWD leader (even though youth division is, by definition, subordinate to the lowest-ranked adult-division members), she turned into Cinderella's wicked stepmother! I remember talking about this with Almeda Bailey, and she said this was actually quite common - up-and-coming YWD would find their senior adult division leaders just as positive and encouraging as could be, until the YWD was promoted to a *higher* level. And then it became all poisonous! SHE said that her confidant, her enduring support, was a WD member. This woman didn't hold any leadership position *at all*, but she'd always been someone Almeda could go to, talk to about *anything*, and who would also provide useful, supportive guidance.

There's something seriously wrong with an organization where leaders cut down other leaders just for doing well. It's like when Ryan O'Neal's daughter Tatum O'Neal won her Oscar for "Paper Moon", and his response was to slap her across the face!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 12:25PM by TaitenAndProud.

Posted by: sleepy skunk ()
Date: February 26, 2013 01:29PM

TaitenAndProud
Do you ever run across something that triggers your remembering something similar that happened while Gakkai?

The message here isn't just that we are humorless or Puritanical. The message is that being human or being real is somehow evil. This is one place I can feel exactly what the unbelievers are talking about. When I see Christians trying to rob young people of the right to be normal, ordinary and human, it angers me. I feel threatened. It's hard to like people who seem to say that God, Jesus and Scripture are the enemies of laughter, sex, growing up and ordinary pleasures. Some Christians sometimes seem to say that everything pleasurable is demonic or to be avoided to show what a good Christian you are. Isn't it odd that unbelievers are so much more aware of the plain teaching of scripture than we are?

Okay, here's what happened. There was supposed to be a Youth Division Conference up at the Minnesota headwaters of the Mississippi River, Itasca. I think that's what it was. Anyhow, I, as an up-and-coming YWD Chapter leader, was invited to come along and spec out the facilities. YWD Jt Territory Leader MISS Almeda Bailey was along. (Regardless of whether I'm remembering the event correctly, there were a lot of YWD and MISS Almeda Bailey all together.) Anyhow, MISS Almeda Bailey was a singer (and supposedly a professional one, though I never ever heard her sing) and we were all kidding around, and she was saying that she could sing just fine, but when she danced, everybody watching was, like, all "I'm so discourage!" And another YWD leader who was was a good dancer was, like, "Oh, well, I can dance, but when *I* sing, everybody is all 'I am so discouraged!'" We were laughing and laughing.

Upon returning home, I was relating this story to my District WD Chief (who had gone all evil-stepmother upon my promotion to Chapter YWD - more on that in a bit), and she said, "Well, *I* think we should make *OUR* district known for 'I'm so ENcouraged!'" She was saying that we shouldn't *ever* say that we're discouraged, even in jest!

So there you have it - we aren't allowed to be normal. We have to always make sure we are *only* upbeat, positive, happy, etc. There is simply *no room* for a normal range of emotional responses here!
I'm expecting to have memories triggered by reading the experiences here, other wise not much has stuck out that I have not already relayed in private.

One memory I have is that I had some interesting dreams since the very beginning of my dealings with them that looking back are quite revealing. It is amazing what your unconscious will try to tell you. Meanwhile they have you chanting to an object outside yourself ignoring your intuition or your inner voice, your conscience, whatever it is you want to call it. It is trying to tell you there is something very wrong, and you're actively shutting it down. Then they tell you not to think about your issues or try to lay out a plan to deal with them because they don't want you looking inside or trusting yourself by making you go to others for "guidance" so they can "solve" your problem (tell you there is no solution, just chant). You might get in touch with your inner self and realize that you are being used and manipulated for the sake of a rich man who sits on top of a religious capitalistic organization that does not care if they destroy the lives or the minds of those they recruit.

That is also the impression I was starting to get. I like being on neutral and not being on full throttle. I think any extreme is unhealthy and being artificially excited like that is probably physically and psychologically the equivalent of being on speed for every stupid event. It is how some people appeared to me anyways. That and it also seems the opposite of the temperament of what I think of when I imagine Buddha's or Nichiren's.

I kind of feel for the poor lower level leaders who had to maintain that kind of unhealthy fake enthusiasm (of which I wanted no part). I imagine the youth leaders have it worse since they also have to act as if they were role models which would just add more pressure, more stress, more "enthusiasm". Is it because they want to be looking like they have it all together and thanks to the practise they are happy and healthy? When they get older the sickness from chronic neglect of the body (physical signs of stress, malnutrition, lack of sleep) and psyche (burial of issues, thought stopping) probably starts to show. Sure they have a lot of young looking and healthy looking people. Then I thought that the only reason that might be is because the really sick and the dead can't show up to meetings.

About guidance, I don't remember a single answer to any rather important questions I've asked. Is this common? I can come up with a lot of previous conversations with other people and give an often detailed summary of what was said, how it was said, where it was said and all of that, but I draw complete blanks when it comes to questions I asked such as "why do things like murder, rape or world wars happen?" I gave my own whimsical theories at times to which I felt a bit of condescension like "Oh how cute you made up your own stories about how you think karma works! Now sit and listen to me give you the adults imaginary sounding but real version, ok?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 01:46PM by sleepy skunk.

Date: February 26, 2013 02:56PM

I think any extreme is unhealthy and being artificially excited like that is probably physically and psychologically the equivalent of being on speed for every stupid event. It is how some people appeared to me anyways. That and it also seems the opposite of the temperament of what I think of when I imagine Buddha's or Nichiren's.

Hmmm...something about a "Middle Way" perhaps??

I imagine the youth leaders have it worse since they also have to act as if they were role models which would just add more pressure, more stress, more "enthusiasm". Is it because they want to be looking like they have it all together and thanks to the practise they are happy and healthy?

Bingo. THAT's the ticket.

Then I thought that the only reason that might be is because the really sick and the dead can't show up to meetings.

Well, of course, you're right on the money. But then again - have you seen those news headlines that going to church leads to more healthy "golden years" and this suggests that people who don't actually *believe* should just GO TO CHURCH for the health benefits? Well, guess what? Only those healthy enough to go to church actually GO TO CHURCH!! Oh, shocker o_O Yeah, no mention of THAT little detail *eye roll*

About guidance, I don't remember a single answer to any rather important questions I've asked.

Nope.

Is this common?

Yep.

The whole idea was to point you *inside*, so that you could draw upon your innate wisdom and answer all your own questions for yourself.

I gave my own whimsical theories at times to which I felt a bit of condescension like "Oh how cute you made up your own stories about how you think karma works! Now sit and listen to me give you the adults imaginary sounding but real version, ok?"

What is "leadership" aside from THAT?? The key, IMHO, was "magical thinking", which led to all sorts of breaks in logical/critical thinking. How can you expect things to make sense when *magic* is involved? And what is "karma" and the "Mystic Law" but *magic*, essentially??

Date: February 26, 2013 03:30PM

TaitenAndProud
There's something seriously wrong with an organization where leaders cut down other leaders just for doing well. It's like when Ryan O'Neal's daughter Tatum O'Neal won her Oscar for "Paper Moon", and his response was to slap her across the face!

I've seen the exact same reaction from pioneer members (i.e., members in static "leadership" positions) when an ordinary gung-ho member they always knew moved "up" (if you really want to call it that) into a salaried leadership position. Whenever he/she came back to give "guidance" to the original area they were from, the pioneering members would spew vitriol behind their back about how they already KNOW everything they said and how FULL of themselves they were. Complete and utter jealousy toward another human being member who was doing exactly what they've always said everyone should do - take the practice to heart and live it 24/7 (their unwritten disclaimer is: just don't show me up the process).

It's a very common reaction and trait amongst the leadership, more than enough hidden jealousy, envy and insecurity to go around.

sleepy skunk
That is also the impression I was starting to get. I like being on neutral and not being on full throttle. I think any extreme is unhealthy and being artificially excited like that is probably physically and psychologically the equivalent of being on speed for every stupid event. It is how some people appeared to me anyways. That and it also seems the opposite of the temperament of what I think of when I imagine Buddha's or Nichiren's.

I kind of feel for the poor lower level leaders who had to maintain that kind of unhealthy fake enthusiasm (of which I wanted no part). I imagine the youth leaders have it worse since they also have to act as if they were role models which would just add more pressure, more stress, more "enthusiasm".

That's another thing that was always a bit of a pet-peeve of mine - the feigned enthusiasm. I used to think the same think, that it must get tiring after a while to always have to be "on" and a complete fake. Salaried gakkai cult leaders are never allowed to be a complete human in front of the membership, only an entity skewed toward the positive bright light of their "Sun" in life, The Dear Leader, Ikeda.

In order to be a "good"member and climb up the leadership ladder, it's an understood rule that you have to adopt and incorporate this fake demeanor as an inherent part of your personality and daily life, especially in front of other members.

sleepy skunk
About guidance, I don't remember a single answer to any rather important questions I've asked. Is this common? I can come up with a lot of previous conversations with other people and give an often detailed summary of what was said, how it was said, where it was said and all of that, but I draw complete blanks when it comes to questions I asked such as "why do things like murder, rape or world wars happen?" I gave my own whimsical theories at times to which I felt a bit of condescension like "Oh how cute you made up your own stories about how you think karma works! Now sit and listen to me give you the adults imaginary sounding but real version, ok?"

Your observations are right on the money sleepyskunk. I spent a good part of my life growing up in the cult, have been to hundreds (thousands?) of meetings, heard "guidance" from big wigs in both the U.S. & the motherland, and I honestly can't think of a single example of what I would call a truly "deep" kernel of genuine impressive "wisdom" ever being imparted to my ears. That's not to say that there weren't those around me who thought otherwise, but it was never that way for me. Never.

How do you reason with somebody who genuinely believes in magic (gakkai members will vehemently deny that it is magic, btw)? It's impossible, because they've renounced legitimate reason by default. What you see is what you get in the gakkai cult org.. All of their answers are based on mysticism (the "mystic law" - another pet-peeve of mine) and only as deep as the box they chant to in front of them. I always thought it was all so superficial, non-substantive and meaningless, while many of those around me thought it was somehow so deep and impressive. I'll be honest, I never really got it, in that department.

A condescending gakkai cult org. (salaried) leader? Is there any other kind? Arrogant, fake and condescending - it's all part of the job description (after all, they *are* following their "mentor" in life - The Poseur-In-Chief, Ikeda-sama).

- Hitch

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 03:35PM by Hitch.

Date: February 26, 2013 05:04PM

Hitch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw47Cu9QSt4

A troubled boy/teen, expelled from school, into drugs and alcohol, in and out of children's homes and juvenile detention centers, is picked up by the gakkai cult org..

A common theme - a troubled and lost soul unknowingly steps into a the cult trap.

His way of chanting, btw, I've seen much stranger mannerisms, but I must say it does look a bit insane to me. (Apologies if that comes across as a bit harsh, but that's honestly how I view it, today.)

- Hitch
Okay, you want to know what's funny? Chicago Jt. Terr. Men's Division Leader Guy McCloskey had a son who was a skinhead, but a *nonracist* skinhead, of all things! Typically, skinheads are white supremacists. But not Guy McCloskey's loin-offspring, oh no O_O Apparently, Guy and Mrs. McCloskey came home from a weekend away to find their home's walls spattered with blood, as Sonny Boy had had a BIG party while they were gone, and a rival gang came on by! But the official story was that, oh, this wasn't really his FAULT, he was just doing his human revolution yadda yadda yadda. Sonny Boy died in a motorcycle accident. At the point that he was apparently *finally* "getting his life together." I do not mean to make points at the expense of others' feelings, but come on. WTH?? What the hell is "Buddhahood" worth if people just *assign* it to some loser/criminal's untimely death? Just because said loser/criminal's DAD is an SGI-USA Big Cheese? If people assign it to the death of a woman who is shotgunned to death by her ex-con husband in a 7-11 parking lot (this actually happened in my district in Raleigh, North Carolina)?

Oh, you didn't hear about that?? Surprise surprise - read on: [murderpedia.org]

It turns out that she met him when she was working as a nurse in the prison where he was incarcerated for raping his own son. She then married him. Her own son was convicted of a notorious murder - apparently, it was front page news in USA Today, but I can't track it down, nor the details of Allen Holman's sexual abuse of his own son. This is what I heard, though. She herself told me that she had a wood-burned sign saying "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" in her front yard, and in the aftermath of her son's arrest for murder, there were journalists taking pictures of her house and that sign and she actually physically *attacked* them. It was all extremely weird. This happened in New York, but I don't kow what city, and I don't know what year, except that I think it was before 1990 (the year she married Allen Holman). I can't find out her name before that. Her daughter's name is Deborah Hartless of Baltimore - if anyone can find the name/details of the murderer/son and Linda Holman's previous name, I'll send you cookies. Promise!

Death penalty on hold, but man seeks execution Holman scheduled to die
March 9 for wife's murder

A debate over how the state carries out executions has stopped the capital
punishment process, but one death row inmate says he wants to be executed
as scheduled next month for killing his wife.

Allen Holman, 47, is scheduled to be executed March 9. He has fired his
lawyers and dropped his appeals, but the state may not be able to carry
out the execution.

Four executions scheduled before Holman's have been stopped by a Wake
County judge over the issue of a prison doctor's role in the death
chamber.

The impasse arose when the state Medical Board passed an ethics policy
that forbids a doctor from participating in an execution, although state
law requires that a doctor be presentp=

In 2002, Holman wrote the court demanding that he be executed. His
stepdaughter said she wants to watch him die for her mother's death. "I'm
really hoping and praying that this will happen," said Deborah Hartless,
39, of Baltimore. Her mother, Linda Holman, was shot to death in July 1997
in a store parking lot.

How's THAT for a double bind??? I can't find out if he's even still alive...

On July 28, 1997, a desperate Linda Holman called 911 as she sped away from her husband, going 90 mph along N.C. 55 toward Apex. During the 911 call, she pleaded for help saying her husband was ramming her car. "My husband's trying to kill me ... He's chasing me," Linda Holman told the dispatcher. "Oh please, God! Oh please, I don't want to die now."

Another transcription: Allen Holman gunned down his wife in a gas station parking lot. A 911 tape reveals his wife screaming, "I don't wanna die, please God, not now."

She was also chanting NMRK - you can hear it on the 911 recording (which I haven't been able to find yet but I and others heard back in the day). So she attained Buddhahood? Was it before or while her husband was shooting her dead?

Remember - these two people were in MY district in Raleigh, NC! I *knew* them! I didn't like either of them - she scared me, and he creeped me out. If anyone is interested in reading about my fellow District member, here is a nice summary of his life story: [www.mail-archive.com]

There's a video here of one of the murder victim's daughters - she looks a lot like her. Odd that I can't find any pictures of Linda Holman, the murder victim: [www.wral.com]

She had another, much younger, daughter who was mixed-race. Yeah, I know, shouldn't be a big deal, but in North Carolina, that detail is *noticed*. Shortly before Linda was murdered, this girl was about 12.

Friends of Linda Holman reportedly claimed that she was terrified of
Allen in the months leading up to her death. Linda, 49, and Allen, 39,
had been married for seven years, but Allen's bouts with depression had
become severe, and he had attempted suicide in March 1997. Linda
confided in friends that she locked her bedroom door at night because
she was so afraid of him. And Allen allegedly refused to take his
medication.

Allen had endured much hardship during that time. He had suffered a back
injury that led to his being laid-off from his job as a bagger at Food
Lion (grocery store). He was injured, unemployed, in debt, and his relationship was
crumbling.

On the early morning of June 28, 1997, Allen and Linda argued,
culminating in Linda fleeing from Allen. A high-speed chase ensued, with
Linda calling the police from her car phone and telling them that Allen
was going to kill her. "Oh God, I don't want to die now," Linda screamed
to the 911 operator. Linda described to the operator how her husband was
ramming the back of her car at 85 mph.

The operator told Linda that the police would meet her on the road.
Officer Jacques Gilbert, notified of the chase over police radio,
positioned himself at the entrance to the A&K Food Mart just off the
corner of highway N.C. 55 and Olive Chapel Road. Upon seeing the
officer, Linda jerked her car into the parking lot, rolled down her
window, and yelled, "He's behind me!" Allen drove past the gas station,
but Officer Gilbert drove after him. Linda was left alone, perhaps
thinking that she was now safe.

But Allen eluded, and eventually lost, Officer Gilbert. He would return
to the Food Mart parking lot and shoot Linda to death. Officer Gilbert
was still looking for Allen when he heard another officer call on the
police radio and say, "She's been shot! 400! She's been shot!" Gilbert
soon saw Allen driving in the opposite direction of the Food Mart
parking lot and started chasing him. As he sped past the parking lot, he
saw Gilbert's (Linda Holman's) motionless body laying in a pool of blood.

Gilbert chased Allen until he reached his home. Other officers soon
joined Gilbert, but Allen held them at bay with a shotgun for two-and-a
half hours. The stand-off ended when Allen shot himself in the stomach
in yet another suicide attempt. Allen was arrested and transported to a
nearby hospital. [www.mail-archive.com]

Allen Holman's history of being suicidal dates back to his teens.
Apparently, he has attempted to kill himself at least five times. During
his March 1997 attempt, he had swallowed 50 painkillers and slashed his
wrist with a razor. Allen was diagnosed as being mentally ill and was
involuntarily committed for a time. But when he was released, Allen
refused to take his medication. Reportedly, during his pre-trial
hearings he was sedated.

I never heard about any of ^ that. So far as I knew, he was just a "normal" district member O_O

In fact, about a month or two before he murdered his wife, I ran into him at the Food Lion grocery store where he worked, and he told me how happy he was to buy a Mazda Miata for his wife. He would later chase her as she was driving that Mazda Miata, ramming her bumper with HIS car as she desperately called 911, chanting NMRK the whole time.

It didn't work.

And, apparently, SHE had some sort of *major* multiple personality disorder going on, imagining herself to be a black slave girl who was raped by her massa!

My District leader knew the details but would never share grrrrrrr

And *THESE* were the people who were attending our district meetings, in the (unsafe) environment of someone's *home*, without any of us *members* knowing what was going on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 05:11PM by TaitenAndProud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.