Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 11, 2013 11:55PM

If someone is famous and or widely trusted by the public, that person is similar to a rich young heiress in a Victorian novel.

All kinds of types want to get access and become associated with such a person.

And unless given very good advice of the hazards of fame and social prestige and how it attracts con artists, trusted/renowned persons are vulnerable in ways that cannot easily imagine.

Groups or gurus love to arrange situations where there will be photo opportunities, or even ways to share the podium at 'events'.

This makes it seem the trusted celebrity endorses SGI.

I call it derivative legitimacy.

Persons in academic specialities that are high prestige and newsworthy are also vulnerable to this kind of set up.

As an example, of how this works, one health care professional in our town who has a lot of prestige in researching ways to treat HIV and Hepatitis C told of how she was invited to participate in an "educational panel discussion".

By this time, Dr X had become street smart. She arranged to researh who would be part of the panel discussion and whom she'd be photographed with.

Turned out one of the participants was a prominent HIV denialist.

So Dr X refused to participate.

She didnt want her name to be associated with the HIV denialist movement, or to seem to endorse it in any way.

The organizers tried hard to guilt trip her that 'a balanced discussion was necessary' but Dr X remained unmoved and stayed well away.

This means that anyone with useful social renown of any kind has to beware of invitations and to fact them them all. Or hire a trusted assistant who knows how to do this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: February 12, 2013 04:49AM

Great observation, corboy. I'd say that's (on of) the reason(s) that President Clinton wasn't going to give "Dr." Ikeda the time of day. We see a similar observation, along with once-burned-twice-shy wisdom, from Richard Dawkins, who explains here why he won't accept any of the numerous invitations to debate Creationist Christian apologist William Lane Craig: [www.guardian.co.uk]

Among his observations: "That would look great on your CV (résumé), not so good on mine". LOL!! Which of Daisaku Ikeda's "dialogue" partners could not make the same observation?

Posted by: sixtyseven ()
Date: February 12, 2013 06:01AM

Hi , I have a nice reading for you!

ENJOY!

sgi.org news

huffingtonpost

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: February 12, 2013 06:16AM

corboy

Persons in academic specialities that are high prestige and newsworthy are also vulnerable to this kind of set up.

Ikeda loves academics; it stems from an inferiority complex deep inside of him (which explains all of his over the top, hundreds of, "honorary" degrees).

Ikeda "donates" financial contributions to causes or projects that are close to the influential person's heart, in essence, pulling on their heart strings. The motive is to gain access for a quick photograph ("$oka Press" / "$oka TV" are always in tow with him), or even better, a meeting, or best of all, an "official" dialogue that The Dear Leader can exploit and (indeed) "derive legitimacy" from (excellent term, corboy). Many have fallen for it, but some have also stepped back once they quickly caught on with what was actually happening (ethics, morality and principles winning out over money or imagined obligatory social graces).

The ultimate legitimacy derivation that Ikeda covets is a Nobel Peace Prize. This is also why he meets with so many peace prize laureates; again, donating to their foundations or pet-projects, gaining access, setting up a meet and greet, or at minimum a correspondence to cultivate a potential relationship for the future. Keep in mind that nobel laureates officially nominate others for prizes in their same category.

Ikeda has pestered the Nobel/Swedish Academy so much, that I think he got some sort of certificate "acknowledging" his efforts as a consolation prize, but, alas, no nobel for the pudgemeister. He's not stupid either, I think he knows that he's not ever going to get one and has instead set his sights on the next best possibility, deriving legitimacy for the cult org. by having a gakkai member win one.

The Dear Leader is one slick con-man, with very deep pockets, that's for sure. Just about everything he does is an attempt to derive legitimacy for himself and his legacy, the Cult Org..

- Hitch

Date: February 12, 2013 07:12AM

sixtyseven
Hi , I have a nice reading for you!

ENJOY!

sgi.org news

huffingtonpost

I hope The Dear Leader puts that on his resume: "Art collector, bad purchase donated to Italy."

I always tell ignorant Japanese gakkai members, who genuinely believe that the gakkai needs money to keep all their kaikan (community center) lights on and water running (that's the story they feed them), to take a visit to The Tokyo Fuji Art Museum and get back to me on that one.

I've visited TTFAM and my jaw was permanently dislodged from hanging open the entire time I was there. Never in my life have I ever seen such riches and jewels. I kid you not. It left me flabbergasted.

[www.fujibi.or.jp]

- Hitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2013 07:14AM by Hitch.

Date: February 12, 2013 09:49AM

Hey, does anyone else remember hearing that we SGI members are SOOO much more fortunate than the Japanese SG members, because only the SG*I* members can call "Sensei" *OUR* President Ikeda??? Gee, aren't we just the luckiest people in the entire world???

Date: February 12, 2013 11:11AM

RE: 67's links about the contested painting and Hitch's comments about the Tokyo Fuji Art Museum. The sgi.org news link, above, prominently notes that Daisaku Ikeda is the founder. The other link doesn't mention Daisaku Ikeda *at all*. Neither does this link on the story, which reveals that they actually aren't sure if this painting is truly by da Vinci: Battle of Anghiari

"Tavola Doria" was stolen from its owners in Naples in 1940; according to Italian police the work than headed through a Swiss art dealer, German restorators, a New York art gallery and eventually the Tokyo Fuji Art Museum.
The timing makes me wonder if this was one of the treasures looted from Jewish owners during the Holocaust. That happened a lot, especially in Germany, and in some cases, the families of the now-deceased owners are still trying to get them back. It's difficult because the current owners bought the works in good faith, not realizing they'd been stolen. That's a big problem in the art world, along with forgery and fraud. However, I've read a few articles on it, and none include any details about the theft itself - I think that if the Holocaust were implicated, we'd hear about it.

Date: February 12, 2013 05:29PM

Hitch
corboy

Ikeda loves academics; it stems from an inferiority complex deep inside of him (which explains all of his over the top, hundreds of, "honorary" degrees).

Ikeda "donates" financial contributions to causes or projects that are close to the influential person's heart, in essence, pulling on their heart strings. The motive is to gain access for a quick photograph ("$oka Press" / "$oka TV" are always in tow with him), or even better, a meeting, or best of all, an "official" dialogue that The Dear Leader can exploit and (indeed) "derive legitimacy" from (excellent term, corboy). Many have fallen for it, but some have also stepped back once they quickly caught on with what was actually happening (ethics, morality and principles winning out over money or imagined obligatory social graces).

The ultimate legitimacy derivation that Ikeda covets is a Nobel Peace Prize. This is also why he meets with so many peace prize laureates; again, donating to their foundations or pet-projects, gaining access, setting up a meet and greet, or at minimum a correspondence to cultivate a potential relationship for the future. Keep in mind that nobel laureates officially nominate others for prizes in their same category.

Ikeda has pestered the Nobel/Swedish Academy so much, that I think he got some sort of certificate "acknowledging" his efforts as a consolation prize, but, alas, no nobel for the pudgemeister. He's not stupid either, I think he knows that he's not ever going to get one and has instead set his sights on the next best possibility, deriving legitimacy for the cult org. by having a gakkai member win one.

The Dear Leader is one slick con-man, with very deep pockets, that's for sure. Just about everything he does is an attempt to derive legitimacy for himself and his legacy, the Cult Org..

- Hitch

The alternative Nobel Prize founded by that swedish stamp collector Uexkill , the Right Livelihood Award maybe?

Date: February 12, 2013 05:42PM

I can't remember if this link has been posted before. The reading was another eye opener to me.The Great Harvard Hoax

Date: February 12, 2013 07:14PM

sixtyseven
The alternative Nobel Prize founded by that swedish stamp collector Uexkill , the Right Livelihood Award maybe?

I don't think it was anything near that big, if it were, the cult org. would have definitely hyped it up. I've looked for it, but can't find it anywhere. I remember seeing it in an old $GI Graphic (the all color, monthly, Ikeda fan-zine in Japanese and English) in a little photo and very short blurb. If I recall correctly, it was either the Nobel family or some Swedish committee presenting some sort of paper certificate, received by gakkai cult representatives. I'm sure The Dear Leader was being a pest, so they threw him a chicken bone hoping he'd go away eventually.

sixtyseven
I can't remember if this link has been posted before. The reading was another eye opener to me.The Great Harvard Hoax

Outstanding article, a bull's-eye target hit. That was so well written and skillfully barbed that it brought a tear to my eye. I loved it - a perfect summation of the machinations of the Ikeda $oka Cult Org..

It's impossible to probe deeper beyond the superficial and dazzling BS that Ikeda spreads out for his carefully scripted meetings and appearances, because it's never about substance, it's all about appearances. Even those rare meetings that don't go well, still get photos published and name dropped by The Dear Leader & The Cult Org. machine for "legitimacy derivation" purposes; it's not only lying to the world, it's also lying to the "precious" gakkai membership of sincere believers.

It's all one big evil, manipulative, con-job.

- Hitch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.