Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: December 09, 2012 04:17PM

So many new forum members recently. This is great! Welcome everyone. That's why we are all here, to share our stories and hopefully help others find their own way out from the claws of the gakkai cult.

opendoor
I've been reading this forum for several years, and this is my first post. I left SGI two years ago-- I was a district leader for 13 years and a member for 17 years.

I had weekly meeting at my house-- I asked repeatedly for years to be relieved of district chief duty and was told to chant for a replacement-- one never appeared. I began to dred the meetings and felt depressed, trapped and suffocated by the narrow repetitive views of the group.

As is often the case, this post reminded me of something that I can relate to.

The gakkai cult org. loves to thrust you into "leadership" roles, positions of responsibility and otherwise try to obligate you to fulfill certain activities. It's initially handed to you as if it were an honor and you are the only one that can fulfill the need, "just give it a try, once", they say. Once becomes twice, twice becomes three and soon enough, you own it and it is "yours." Try to get out of it, even after only a few times and you are "stuck" with it. Then the mind games start, "it's your responsibility to find a replacement / someone to take your place" or "you need to challenge yourself to meet your responsibilities in the organization, practice harder", etc..

As I've said before, the cult org.'s authority is all fabricated inside the minds of susceptible members. That technique didn't fly with me. I just told them straight out, "frick off, I didn't ask for it, didn't want it and I never said I was gonna keep doing it", "if you can't find someone else, well, that's your problem, not mine, because you should have listened to me in the first place." They literally had to pick their jaws up off the floor as I just walked away from the manipulation and their BS."

I see they are still using the same ol' cult tricks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: December 10, 2012 05:20AM

Congratulations, opendoor! Thanks for sharing your journey so far---it's inspiring! An observation I had on pushing leadership on new members was that it could sadly backfire. People who were only practicing 6 months or less were encouraged to take on leadership which lead to confusion and resentment. Which had the outcome of: "Nuts to this business--what did I sign up for"? Of course, they drifted away. SGI not pleased.

I want to comment on the Gosho. The SGI-sanctioned gosho clearly states that Nichiren declared his Buddhism as Number One---seek nothing else to attain enlightenment. Any other paths taken will lead to at best an inferior state of life. These writings are what the SGI was founded on? Sooooo, this is the blueprint for the SGI viewpoint of superiority over all other world/personal views.

Am I offbase here? I know I've discussed this a bit with Nichijew.

The idea that you must never stray away or slander--ever, is so life-choking.

Date: December 10, 2012 05:35AM

opendoor
I know many people well who have 30 and 40 years of SGI practice. Honestly, it seemed to me that length of practice in SGI seemed to correlate mathmatically with both an enlargement of ego and shrinking of mental perspective.

I feel exactly the same way. (Who is this ironically also reminiscent of? Hmmm, The Dear Leader perhaps? The infamous "Master-Disciple" - it wasn't "mentor" when I was a member - is ironically emulated in many ways, isn't it.)

They become more judgmental, insulated and arrogantly (dogmatically) confident that they have and know all the right answers to everything. Especially so-called (salaried) "leaders", because they are just not accustomed to being challenged or questioned, only kowtowed to.

The cult arrests and regresses an individual's growth in life, although they believe arrogantly (falsely) that it is just the opposite. They are incapable of seeing it. A quick reading of any hardcore current gakkai cult member's comments anywhere on the internet, including occasionally even this very mb, will supply ample evidence of the same, too.

Oh, they also lie, or more charitably put, feign ignorance / exercise selective memory, too. But, this goes hand in hand with their manipulative ways, of course.

An experiment can very easily be carried out to demonstrate this principle, as long as The Dear Leader is physically still around. Take any hardcore salaried, lifelong gakkai cult leader and place them directly in front of Ikeda the man, in real life, and watch them instantaneously revert back to being a child again and even completely break down in tears, if he so much as even looks in their direction, touches them / shakes their hand, or in any way directly acknowledges their existence. It would be the greatest "benefit" of their life and so-called "buddhist" practice.

The $oka Gakkai is a pseudo-buddhist cult of the personality of a narcissist.

- Hitch

Posted by: Litchen ()
Date: December 10, 2012 06:08AM

What the SGI practise is simply not Buddhism. Unfortunately I witnessed so much in-fighting amongst the so called "leaders" and none of them where qualified to be giving their "guidance" on any spiritual level. I was given a leadership position early on and looking back I was completely naïve. There was a lot of untreated substance abuse issues with my chapter and hq leaders. Anyone knows that drugs and Buddhism don't mix. So grateful I got out of it. My life has improved enormously since leaving. There are so many genuine spiritual paths and bona fide spiritual teachers out there and SGI is not one of them!

Date: December 10, 2012 09:16AM

They practice for The Dear Leader.

Here are a sampling of actual brainwashed cult members' messages to The Cult Master Ikeda (pronounced with a long "i", as in the video by one individual) (My comments in bold.)

[www.youtube.com]

"You are coming to America, right?" (This one is timeless.)

"I chant diamoku so much for your health."

"We've been fighting so hard for you."

"Kosen Rufu is safe with us. With me alone, a stand alone spirit, like a lion, no matter what." "I'm determined." (Heavy kool-aid drinker and verbatim parrot.)

"I'm going to keep fighting to really reply to you and your life and what you have done."

"Amazing. Life changing."

"YMD are fighting so hard. I know I'm going to be successful."

"Thank you so much for you devotion to the mystic law. I sometimes take the practice for granted, I was born into it, but it has brought me so much happiness and positivity to my life." (So says the indoctrinated mis-fortune baby.)

"Come visit us soon, maybe next month, maybe next year."

"I'm fighting really hard, 3 hours a day, trying to overcome every obstacle and make my chapter grow." (Here is that magic number pulled out of a hat again, in this case "3." Could have easily been 2, or 4, or ....)

"Please come to America. The YOUTH! Division are ready. We are fighting for Kosen Rufu everyday." (Are my leaders listening to this?!?! I hope so!)

"No matter what!" (This is heard at every meeting, every guidance, every a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g.)

Even the clichés remain unchanged.

Sheesh.

Posted by: sixtyseven ()
Date: December 10, 2012 04:48PM

opendoor
I watched those mandatory videos of President Ikeda in which he managed to speak for 20 or 30 minutes and never say one thing of value-- just read a bunch of disconnected quotes and clack his false teeth around and maybe intentionally insult some other big wig on the stage.

In one of those last videos I've seen, he had a small white towel to fumble around. I bet it will get a special place beneath his false teeth- in a glass vitrine in the Dear Leaders Mausoleum - soon.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: December 11, 2012 05:01AM

Hitch
They practice for The Dear Leader.

Here are a sampling of actual brainwashed cult members' messages to The Cult Master Ikeda (pronounced with a long "i", as in the video by one individual) (My comments in bold.)

[www.youtube.com]

"You are coming to America, right?" (This one is timeless.)

"I chant diamoku so much for your health."

"We've been fighting so hard for you."

"Kosen Rufu is safe with us. With me alone, a stand alone spirit, like a lion, no matter what." "I'm determined." (Heavy kool-aid drinker and verbatim parrot.)

"I'm going to keep fighting to really reply to you and your life and what you have done."

"Amazing. Life changing."

"YMD are fighting so hard. I know I'm going to be successful."

"Thank you so much for you devotion to the mystic law. I sometimes take the practice for granted, I was born into it, but it has brought me so much happiness and positivity to my life." (So says the indoctrinated mis-fortune baby.)

"Come visit us soon, maybe next month, maybe next year."

"I'm fighting really hard, 3 hours a day, trying to overcome every obstacle and make my chapter grow." (Here is that magic number pulled out of a hat again, in this case "3." Could have easily been 2, or 4, or ....)

"Please come to America. The YOUTH! Division are ready. We are fighting for Kosen Rufu everyday." (Are my leaders listening to this?!?! I hope so!)

"No matter what!" (This is heard at every meeting, every guidance, every a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g.)

Even the clichés remain unchanged.

Sheesh.

Hitch, I tried to download this gem with no success again---but I noticed along the right side at the bottom of that particular list of SGI videos one titled "My Mentor and Me". Just the pic alone, a very large hand reaching down to a small human figure spoke volumes. You have shared many videos here, was this also one you shared?

At this stage of the game, I guess we can say that D.I. won't be coming to America.

"Replying to your life"---this is also a many-times-repeat.

Date: December 11, 2012 05:05AM

Litchen
Unfortunately I witnessed so much in-fighting amongst the so called "leaders" and none of them where qualified to be giving their "guidance" on any spiritual level.

There was a lot of untreated substance abuse issues with my chapter and hq leaders.

IMO, this is a common thread throughout the cult org..

Many of the YMD leadership from my days in were abusive, either psychologically, verbally - yelling at people - and / or borderline physically by being intimidating to the smaller and much younger guys.

There are several, but one in particular is currently Vice General Director out in New York, his name is Ethan Gelbaum. He's always been a bit of a cretin (not very intelligent and socially inept) and a bully. He's reached his position by sheer longevity and being a loyal goon to the cult org.. He routinely screamed at all YMD, even the younger kids & boys. He was so universally hated that the YMD in my area made up an "inside" gakkai song about him that was sang behind his back. He would even laugh at members at practices who were trying their best to accomplish some stupid task that they were ordered to do, pressure susceptible "YOUTH!" to do dangerous things, deride and simultaneously manipulate members. I've even seen him sitting in a room while his feet were up on a desk (he also always had terrible manners) dressing down, criticizing, ordering and otherwise just cracking the whip at other YMD subordinates during events and official campaigns. The fact that an individual such as this is in such a position tells me all that I need to know about the true nature of the $GI cult org.. (In fact, ironically, his well worn "experience", which has been discussed earlier in this thread, alludes to him as had having a possible substance abuse problem at the time he first joined up to the cult org..)

In retrospect, I honestly cannot think of a single $oka Gakkai Cult Org. individual that is worthy of being looked up to. Unfortunately, many of the YMD "leaders" that I was exposed to, where power-hungry abusive manipulators to those below them - ordinary "precious" members - and excellent a**-kissers to those above them. Basically, very skilled at being two-faced. These are the kinds of people that you get as "leaders" in the $GI cult org. and who practice Ikedaism. They emulate their "master in life", in so many ways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2012 05:11AM by Hitch.

Date: December 11, 2012 05:28AM

Shavoy
Hitch, I tried to download this gem with no success again---but I noticed along the right side at the bottom of that particular list of SGI videos one titled "My Mentor and Me". Just the pic alone, a very large hand reaching down to a small human figure spoke volumes. You have shared many videos here, was this also one you shared?

I don't believe I've ever seen that one. So, on that note (for Shavoy) ...

[www.youtube.com]

"Uploaded on Oct 5, 2010
A beautiful song from Soka Gakkai International (SGI) . APTLY TITLED mY MENTOR AND i LYRICS BELOW

We are walking the path, my Mentor and I
On the wings of our mission, together we fly
Far to the east, and far to the west
Not stopping not knowing, a moment of rest

Turning sorrow to happiness, tears to smiles
Playing our part, yet one in our heart
Turning new leaf and make everyday a new start

Never retreating over worries or fear
We are moving ahead with our strength of our prayer
And this moment striving for, sake of tomorrow
what a wonderful feeling this is

Saving all of humanities are our cry
No one will watch over , No one will see
But we strive and we toil, to change history

You cause my spirit to soar in the SKY
To dance and to sing and turn darkness to light
It is me and the power that lies within my life

On the wings of our mission, together we fly
Far to the east, and far to the west
Not stopping not knowing, a moment of rest

Turning sorrow to happiness, tears to smiles
Playing our part, yet one in our heart
Turning new leaf and make everyday a new start

On and on in our journey of peace
we will touch every heart, every life we will reach
This is our vow, there is no stopping for us now

We are walking the path, my Mentor and I"

Mentor = Ikeda

$GI = Ikedaism

Shavoy
At this stage of the game, I guess we can say that D.I. won't be coming to America.

Very unlikely. From all appearances, it looks as if the guy can barely even stand up by himself now. Recent official (Gakkai "Pravda") photos only show him sitting in cars, waving at members from a distance and sitting in chairs (along with Kaneko) in Gakkai Bldg. lobbies admiring member displays. He looks odd and something is definitely amiss.

Shavoy
"Replying to your life"---this is also a many-times-repeat.

I honestly don't recall hearing this one too much, but I have heard it. It probably became more commonplace after my time in. Definitely another creepy gakkai-ism.

- Hitch

Date: December 11, 2012 05:32AM

Oh, btw, that clip with the messages to The Dear Leader,

I didn't type it out, but one person even says, "Please come spend your final days with us here in America, Sensei" (or something to that effect).

The cult brainwashing is so evident in that video.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.