Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Date: December 01, 2012 11:05AM

I have no interest in pursuing a Nichiren Shu practice or any practice of Buddhism at this point, (thank you SGI) and see that video as another helpful point of view examining this perplexing SGI machine.

This is a really good point. SGI is really a perplexing machine. I completely agree with this point!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: December 01, 2012 11:33AM

Findingmywaytoday

I have no interest in pursuing a Nichiren Shu practice or any practice of Buddhism at this point, (thank you SGI) and see that video as another helpful point of view examining this perplexing SGI machine.

This is a really good point. SGI is really a perplexing machine. I completely agree with this point!
They [SGI] would answer, "As I told you, the understanding of SGI and the greatness of Sensei can only be shared among Buddhas." Then I would force them to assert that those university functionaries, dictators, and sleezy politicians who have lauded SGI and Ikeda to the tune of hundreds of honors and awards must be Buddhas while anyone who criticizes SGI and Ikeda, no matter how humble and honest, is merely a deluded common mortal.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2012 11:38AM by Nichijew.

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: December 01, 2012 04:44PM

@ findingmywaytoday

I can totaly relate to your decission to choose study as one step to detox. Reading more about Nichiren Busshism in the book I mentioned was truly an eye opener. Also in regard to other Nichiren Schools Wikipedia can be of help. Also in the conflict with Nichiren Shohsu I learned I was told half of the story when SGIist called them funeral Buddhists, this has some deeper historic roots within in the Danka System and the so called Haibutsu Kishaku.
Even the so highly esteemed Makiguchi has a skeleton in the closet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2012 04:46PM by Rothaus.

Date: December 01, 2012 05:44PM

Has anyone rolled up their SGI Gohonzon, and printed out another type of Gohonzon from the Internet before?

Date: December 01, 2012 07:23PM

Also, has anyone's life improved from leaving the Soka Gakkai? Has anyone become happier from leaving the SGI?

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: December 01, 2012 07:38PM

findingmawaytoday

Also, has anyone's life improved from leaving the Soka Gakkai? Has anyone become happier from leaving the SGI?

What is happyness? the absence of sorrow or unhappyness?
I used the time that was available after leaving SGI for another dergee, spending time with friends that are worth the name friend - of which one will quite naturally not have many. And yes at times wondering if I have wasted 20 years while being in SGI that I probably would have made diffrent decissions (also careerwise) if I would not have been in the cult. Even once moved to a diffrent country for Kosen Rufu !!! Even when doing things like going to the gym -now more time to do that - no need to push my beliefs down peoples throat and behind my back being regarded a cult weirdo.
My life now is real not a cult bubble. SGI creates a second reality for its members its like a different dimension, a parrallel universe - the universe you, findingmywaytoday, are now reentering has been there all along.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2012 07:49PM by Rothaus.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: December 02, 2012 06:28AM

Findingmywaytoday

I personally don't find it perplexing at all (including the video you posted).

- Hitch

Date: December 02, 2012 06:28AM

rattyboy
I want to say to the children. "You have a basic human right to not be exploited like that!"

Exactly. And how ironic that the $GI Cult is always so fond of giving lip service to the basic "inherent human dignity" of every human life. Look what it does to its supposedly most precious of members. Perform The Cult Master's Dance, be a trick dog and pony show for $GI Cult activities, not to mention the kind of seeds that it plants into these kids' minds. This is a form of child abuse.

I also want to say to the children, "I'm so sorry that you have such ignorant and brainwashed adults making you do this. I hope you grow up to think for yourself and learn to recognize the chains that your parents have inadvertently handed to you and not become permanently shackled to the cult, as they have."

Posted by: wakatta1 ()
Date: December 02, 2012 06:43AM

Findingmywaytoday

Yes, my life has become a wellspring of non-gakkai activities. My heartfelt happiness springs forward each great moment that I am not worshipping Ikea and the great DaiEgo. Tears of joy stream from my eyes knowing that my eternal future is based on the myriad moments of non-gakkai, non-meeting and non-zaimu-giving life force.

In short, my life has been happier since I split with the Gakkai. Seriously though, in my heart of hearts I feel that the organization has been very, very sick for a long time, and the members have been suffering, but no one in the inner circle of leadership wants to admit the life force of the organization is being dispersed due to the huge materialistic, political and duplicitous behaviors.

Wakatta1

"Better out than in I always say" SHREK

Date: December 02, 2012 06:51AM

"The coolest thing is, is that you chant for sh** that you want, and you get it." ( ~ 0:51 min. mark). She then gets her magical thinking Santa wish list out and shares it: [www.youtube.com]

I don't think it's wise to be using Courtney Love as a temporary fashionable spokesperson or advertising marquee for any "Life Philosophy." It would have just to opposite effect on me. It would be a huge advertisement as to what to stay away from and avoid.

$GI = An Opportunistic, Preying & Greedy Pseudo-Buddhist Cult.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.