Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: November 29, 2012 02:03PM

$oka Gakkai (U.S.A.) International ($GI) Cult Event , at IKEDA Auditorium -

"President Ikeda always emphasizes the power of song .... "

"Good Morning & Welcome.

The Sunflower Chorus would like to pay tribute to our SGI President & Mentor Daisaku Ikeda.

He's an educator, author and recipient of over 240 honorary degrees AND the United Nations Peace Award.

Under his leadership, the SGI has grown its present membership of more than 12 million people in 192 countries and territories.

Nichiren Buddhism is a teaching conveyed through the Mentor-Disciple relationship. The oneness, or shared commitment of Mentor & Disciple, forms the essence of our Buddhist practice.

Our song today, is confirmation that SENSEI, our BELOVED TEACHER, although separated by distance, is ETERNALLY, FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS."

Notice the chorus members' serious sense of purpose and determined head nodding, as the song is introduced. Thereafter, a slow (creepiest version I've ever heard), heavy version of "Forever Dear Leader." It picks up after the first verse, with the audience starting to clap along.

[www.youtube.com]

The power of a song, indeed. The power to brainwash and take hold over you.

- Hitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: November 29, 2012 04:25PM

After I moved out of New York City, whenever I had to return, as soon as I crossed the county line into Queens, I would get nauseated. Seeing these videos of the cult I was in for 19 years is like returning to the city. It makes me sick to my stomach. The adults who create these cult activities for the children and adolescents should be be arrested for child abuse. Ikeda and his lieutenants like Danny Nagashima, are extremely evil men.

Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2012 04:26PM by Nichijew.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:13PM

More brainwashing (thought reform) evidence:

Cult Leader (Ikeda) Auditorium, in Santa Monica, CA..

Elementary School Division (ESD) brainwashing cult fan dance (yet again). Watch very carefully toward the end, when the projected image on the back curtain changes at the end of the song (~ 1:40 min. mark).

[www.youtube.com] (There's even a "WOOHOOO!" at the introduction.)

This blatant glorification is extremely sick minded. $GI = Pseudo-Buddhist Cult = Ikedaism.

This kind of stuff, making the kids practice and perform meaningless bizarre, nonsense (imitating randomly spiced video footage of The Dear Leader's narcissistic behavior) serves no other purpose than to occupy "members" (family and kids) with cult-focused activities and etch into the innocent minds of these poor children, obedience to and dependence on Ikeda, his empire (The $oka Cult Org.) and his words - for their entire lives.

How can people not see this pathetic drivel for what it is? Because they are brainwashed by misguided "faith" that lets them (and by extension their children, unfortunately) be manipulated. They are even blinded and deluded enough to not have any qualms whatsoever about putting this kind of stuff up on YouTube, utterly oblivious as to how it looks to the outside world. Quite the opposite. They think it's "cute", "admirable" and even "creates good fortune" / "making a good cause."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2012 02:17PM by Hitch.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:02PM

Here is some food for thought about the differences between Soka Gakkai, and Nichiren Shu. This is a conversation about some of the differences. Hope it is okay to post here:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: December 01, 2012 02:35AM

Re: Video just posted by Hitch. That video of the Elementary school division, with the "Woo hoo" at the beginning is very creepy at the end with the projected presence of Fandancin' Mentor .
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" I want to say to the children. "You have a basic human right to not be exploited like that!"

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: December 01, 2012 02:50AM

Hitch
$oka Gakkai (U.S.A.) International ($GI) Cult Event , at IKEDA Auditorium -

"President Ikeda always emphasizes the power of song .... "

"Good Morning & Welcome.

The Sunflower Chorus would like to pay tribute to our SGI President & Mentor Daisaku Ikeda.

He's an educator, author and recipient of over 240 honorary degrees AND the United Nations Peace Award.

Under his leadership, the SGI has grown its present membership of more than 12 million people in 192 countries and territories.

Nichiren Buddhism is a teaching conveyed through the Mentor-Disciple relationship. The oneness, or shared commitment of Mentor & Disciple, forms the essence of our Buddhist practice.

Our song today, is confirmation that SENSEI, our BELOVED TEACHER, although separated by distance, is ETERNALLY, FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS."

Notice the chorus members' serious sense of purpose and determined head nodding, as the song is introduced. Thereafter, a slow (creepiest version I've ever heard), heavy version of "Forever Dear Leader." It picks up after the first verse, with the audience starting to clap along.

[www.youtube.com]

The power of a song, indeed. The power to brainwash and take hold over you.

- Hitch

Still can't access the videos, but your thorough descriptions lay them right out, Hitch.

This is not 'faith'. This is not aiding personal enlightenment. This is the sole worship of one man. This is what it has become. I do not see how continual praising of D.I. is giving anyone the tools to handle individuals' lives. It is all about Daisaku Ikeda.

Date: December 01, 2012 05:13AM

I completely agree about the video posted by Hitch. It makes me angry that they have taken the beauty of the Nichiren Buddhism, and the Lotus Sutra and connected it to the idolization of Daisaku Ikeda. In this video, they are starting so young. I wonder if these kids will later reject, or become big fans of Ikeda.

On a slightly different note, I understand there is no mention of Human Revolution in the Lotus Sutra? Is that right? Is it something that the SGI created?

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: December 01, 2012 05:27AM

findingmywaytoday
Here is some food for thought about the differences between Soka Gakkai, and Nichiren Shu. This is a conversation about some of the differences. Hope it is okay to post here

I guess its okay especially since we know we you are comming from (in a metaphorical sense). Since current SGI members do read this forum its shows how people regard nichiren buddhism that in the SGI rethoric are moste of the time completly wrong portrayed --- I was always told nichiren shu worship a fox lol.

At any rate I never made a secret that I have greatest sympathies for nichiren shu's interpretation of nichiren buddhism. At the same time we just have to at least be aware that within this forum we indicate towards other concepts within nichiren buddhism (that most in SGI have not the slightest clue of), but not to adverstise them either. You kept your message on that issue short and simple and it may help some out there to have a second think about what they are being told.

Speaking of that can any recent "unfaithful" confirm that the use of the internet in search of study material has been discouraged? I have in the last few months watched the conflicts that came up for instance within wikipedia and noticed that SGIist even though trying to get rid of contrversial material run into a lot of resistance.

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: December 01, 2012 08:24AM

re: findingmywaytoday's posting of two members of Nichiren Shu's observations on SGI practice: Thank you. The veil is lifted on another group's analysis of how Nichiren teachings are handled and their observations of the struggles of SGIers who are trying to move into another understanding and interpretation. They talk of a needed rest period as they see it, before ex SGIers explore Nichiren Shu or any other new philosophy for that matter. Several other observations from those Nichiren Shu members in this video, besides taking some time off, shouldn't lead anyone who still practices or who is on this forum to Avici hell or what have you.
I have no interest in pursuing a Nichiren Shu practice or any practice of Buddhism at this point, (thank you SGI) and see that video as another helpful point of view examining this perplexing SGI machine.

Date: December 01, 2012 11:03AM

At the same time we just have to at least be aware that within this forum we indicate towards other concepts within nichiren buddhism (that most in SGI have not the slightest clue of), but not to adverstise them either. You kept your message on that issue short and simple and it may help some out there to have a second think about what they are being told.

Yes, I wanted to be sensitive about that. I do not practice with Nichiren Shu for the record. I am in this place of not knowing what to do. I am in exploration. This is how I stumbled upon this video.

What I do like about the video is that it makes me realize that I never learned anything about the history of Buddhism in the SGI. When I realized there was no connection to the original Buddha, I felt something wasn't right. Instead, it was about connecting to Ikeda.

I really don't know much about Nichiren Shu, or any other type of Buddhism. What I do agree with in the video, and can respect in the video is that the one man says that people need to detox when leaving SGI. I so get this. I am so ready to fill the cup up with something else, but in realizing that, I also see that is precisely why I need a complete break. My comfort zone is changing.

Thanks for being receptive, and again I want to be sensitive, as I know this isn't a place to advertise.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.