Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 12, 2012 03:35AM

Maybe the people running SGI now, want to do a Pre-frame on Ikeda before he dies?
As in, make him into a type of demi-god now, so when he dies, they can turn him into a literal object of Worship?
Then SGI will have its own (fake) Buddha.

It helps when you are dead to be a Buddha superman, as then there are no facts that can be checked.
;-)

Are the SGI hacks making any "miraculous' sounding claims about Ikeda?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Upgrayed ()
Date: September 12, 2012 04:35AM

Here are some of my theories regarding the continued momentum to crystalize Ikeda as the center stage totem for the SGI cult.

The Soka Gakkai is fearful of the future.

First, since leaving the Nichiren Shoshu, the Soka Gakkai grandiose bubble has been popped. It dawned on them after the aggressive split and distancing that the Soka Gakkai no longer had a firm foundation or legacy in which to leech.

This is meglomania crashing a good gig, or I should say cult operation. It is not uncommon in history to see overly calculated shortsighted hubris and arrogant based strategies falter before greater reality.

In this case, the Soka Gakkai ejected its bread and butter on the faith that their marketing machine could spin a substitute legacy.
The reality is that Ikeda's narcissism grew so much out of proportion that it could no longer accept the influences of the Nichiren Shoshu.

The problem is that Nichiren Shoshu remains a shadow to the Soka Gakkai, hindering Ikeda's ability to transplant a new identity. The SGI cult has been in a tail spin decline since the split and there has been no remedy.

To stave off the gaping blood spilling wound that is capsizing the Soka ship, there has been heavy indoctrination into personality worship as a means to get people hooked on a tried and true social engineering formula. Like Hitch said, it's always been there, but with the volume turned down. Now it's turned up to 11 on the volume dial. This spells desperation.

The Ikeda mind projection machine is belching smoke as it attempts to push a trance of sorts that will keep people from leaving the organization.
It's no wonder that different japanese Nichiren sects are coming here to the United States and building temples. Those that can see, know that the Soka Gakkai has a limited life span and future.

It's a behemoth that will be slow to die, but once Ikeda is gone, the process will greatly speed up. The SGI cult knows that this personality worship tactic will ultimately lose a number of members, which is the case. Their gamble is that those that remain will be steadfast in their brainwashing and it will be those creatures who replinish the organization in the future.

It's do or die and the SGI cult is cynically treating members as little pawn pieces as a means to ultimately survive their massive mistake of jettisoning their spiritual base, the Nichiren Shoshu.

Ikeda will die soon or is already dead and this scares the SGI cult. It seems to me that this arrogant set of actions to thrust Ikeda into the minds of members shows their own lack of confidence about the issue.

They are viciously trying to generate a firm cultural legacy in which to stand on. The problem is that it is just smoke and mirrors, backed by mind control techniques and collective manipuation.

The Soka Gakkai will fall. The mortal wound has already been made, by Ikeda himself, due to his meglomania and arrogance, and now you will see people begin the abandon ship. Once Ikeda is officially listed as dead, the final attempt at correction will fall from the sky like a bird without wings. Of course you will still have the hardcore brainwashed, but those types will not have the type of minds needed to grow an organization. The reason that the Soka Gakkai grew like a weed after a summer rain was due to favorable post war circumstances offering structure against a backdrop of chaos and discord. Also, the Soka Gakkai had the integrity of being attached to the Nichiren Shoshu, which set the Soka Gakkai apart from other "new" religions.

In conclusion, Ikeda destroyed the Soka Gakkai. Served the mortal blow and burnt any shred of respect that the Soka Gakkai may have had, and now its time to watch this cult expire.

Caveat: One still must be careful as it is still strong and the dangerous time ahead is a cult that is in decline. I would not be surprised to see factions develop that break away, only to create new little monsters.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 04:43AM by Upgrayed.

Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI: Patent for Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: September 12, 2012 04:41AM

Shavoy
Wow, great last few posts from Upgrayed and Hitch....

@Hitch, I must of missed something again---Sensei is trying to trademark NMRK???

Yes -- page 252 of this thread.

----------------------------------Beginning of Quote-----------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Tibbs:

Did anyone else see this on fraughtwithperil.com? Maybe it's old news to the rest of you, but according to an article from a French magazine Ikeda applied for a patent on the phrase Namu Myo Renge Kyo in 1972. If that's true...wow.

www.fraughtwithperil.com

--------------------------------------End of Quote----------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: September 12, 2012 05:32AM

The Anticult
Maybe the people running SGI now, want to do a Pre-frame on Ikeda before he dies?
As in, make him into a type of demi-god now, so when he dies, they can turn him into a literal object of Worship?
Then SGI will have its own (fake) Buddha.

It helps when you are dead to be a Buddha superman, as then there are no facts that can be checked.
;-)

HAHA! Another cult of a dead man. (Random thought: Why is it always men?)

The Anticult
Are the SGI hacks making any "miraculous' sounding claims about Ikeda?

Since they want to be like the catholics (or the protestants), I'd say documenting Ikeda miracles is next on their posthumous "To Do" list, then "Sainthood" shall surely follow.

I also have always viewed the ratcheted up bizarre Ikeda worship as an act of sheer desperation from the cult. How ironic that such behavior simply screams out "insecurity" in much the same way that Ikeda's world record hold on the most (bought) "honorary" degrees does. It's embarrassingly obvious that both the man, and now his cult org., are nothing more than a lifelong effort to gain some sort of (false or imagined) legitimacy. Really, a painful glimpse into a dysfunctional, delusional, destructive and pathological mindset.

For Shavoy, I had heard rumors of the attempted patenting of NMRK in the past, but clip #7 in the priesthood fighting back series posted above, was the first time I've ever seen actual documentation of the allegation provided. Such hubris speaks volumes - Ikeda is nothing more than a fake wizard manipulating from behind a curtain that he himself has poked too many holes through for all to see the goings on behind. The cult org. is his fantasy emerald city, where all of the members in La-La-Land are now being forced to wear even greener glasses as the end of the yellow brick road slowly approaches.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 05:35AM by Hitch.

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: September 12, 2012 05:37AM

I have no idea if you have noticed. But have any of you noticed that some in SGI would in meetings try to copy a Japanese accent by omitting articles? Wonder if that happend in other languages too :-)

I am also quite sure that after Mr. Ikedas passing, if that not has already taken place, he will be venerated as a Buddha - any bets?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 05:44AM by Rothaus.

Date: September 12, 2012 07:04AM

Rothaus
I have no idea if you have noticed. But have any of you noticed that some in SGI would in meetings try to copy a Japanese accent by omitting articles? Wonder if that happend in other languages too :-)

Oh, hell yeah! The broken grammatical sentences, the inhaling air thru the teeth habit, the bowing (even when talking on the phone), the chop-chop hand gesture to excuse yourself when cutting thru a crowd of people, the change in pronunciation of certain words, etc., all coming from caucasian native speakers, too. It was a combination of bizarre, hilarious and disturbing to witness. Classic psychological identification. (The gakkai cult org., for as long as I can remember, has also always attracted a certain crowd of asianophile/Japanophile males; they were always quite easy to spot and pick out, especially in the ymd.) This kind of brainwashed psychological stuff went on all over the United States cult org. too, not just Santa Monica/West Coast.

Rothaus
I am also quite sure that after Mr. Ikedas passing, if that not has already taken place, he will be venerated as a Buddha - any bets?

This is from Nichijew's blog -

""When Mr. Ikeda visited Seichoji temple in Chiba in 1977 (the temple in which Nichiren was a student as a child), while stroking the bark of the 1000 year cedar tree, he murmured, "It has been a long time, the first time in 700 years." -- Japanese blog"

Ikeda is a nut case, but since he has a lot of money, we'll just have to settle for "eccentric", instead.

Date: September 12, 2012 08:18AM

It does seem that the SGI org is trying to pre-position Ikeda as a godman Buddha before his death.
Then after his death, they tell SGI members to call the image of Ikeda up in their imagination.
This is how to maintain a cult with a dead leader.

Sadly SGI will be around for decades more, they just have too many billions in cash stashed away.
the Wife and Son will legally take over, as they will hold the financial purse strings through the Wills, and the like.
SGI is simply a giant private family business corporation.

Date: September 12, 2012 08:52AM

This clip is quintessential gakkai cult brainwashing pap. The introduction, with the over the top "YOUTH!" enthusiasm, but no substance. Next the feel good music.

Then, (2:03 min. mark) the official climax, the kool-aid guidance from Danny Nagashima:

"..... Our life is the universe, you know, you too, I too, I have a rainbow, within our own life, when you go thru the difficulties, when you go thru the struggles, when you charrange (challenge) all the way, while you are eating, while you are sreeping (sleeping), in a dream, I want you to see a rainbows (laughter from the audience), and while you are eating I want you to think about the rainbows. And, Jury (July) tensu (10th), I want you to sing this rainbow from your heart. Express your heart, express your life, and thinking about SENSEI, I want you to look at the SUN(!), that's over the rainbow! Thank you!!" (Direct quote.)

"Wooo-Hoooo!!!" (obligatory cheering), from the audience follows and the music crescendos again.

After that, reappearance of the "YOUTH!", literally parroting the broken English guidance of Nagashima, all the way down to same quirky "you know" insertions:

"Do it together. We are definitely going to make this performance the most memorable experience of our lives, you know, let's do it! Let's, let's transform this nation with our voice and our vow! Thank you! Let's do this!"

Finally, random testimonials (more canned, regurgitated cult speak phrases) from bursting with happiness "YOUTH!" (and lots of air fist pumping, ear to ear smiles and enthusiasm):

"I want to change the pessimism into optimism." / "I'm here to emerge from the Earth, with all over the United States "YOUTH!" division, and I'm singing for everyone who wants to change a life and thru myself, be VICTORIOUS!" / "I'm here because it is my last month as "YOUTH!" division and I wanted to make it count! So, I'm here and I graduate to adult division immediately following "rock the era." / "I wanted to be encouraged to practice as much as I can, because I believe that it really does help and when I do, I feel better and I just get more excited ..." * / "To change ourselves, I'm determined to be successful." / "I'm here, thanks to the SGI thanks to President Daisaku Ikeda, without them, I wouldn't be able to do the thing that I love to do most, which is to sing and to help other people to become happy. So, along with my brothers and sisters for Kosen-Rufu, we are here to rock the era, to explode and sing with joy to help other become happy as well."

(* = This particular fellow, IMO, has his brain door to reality a bit ajar and may be just trying to convince himself to go along with the program and be a good cultie member. Potential de-programmable candidate, IMO.)

Cue end credits.

Enjoy, [www.youtube.com].

The exact, same old stuff. Nothing whatsoever has changed. It's all artificial brain candy without substance. I'd even say it's a bit more heavily chemically flavored kool-aid now, after hearing Nagashima's lame drivel. Jeeze, if Nagashima is the best general director they can come up with, there is no hope. What's even more bizarre to me, is how people can be impressed with the crap coming out of his mouth. This stuff is truly unbelievable for me to see now, from the outside. It's gotten even worse.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 08:59AM by Hitch.

Posted by: Upgrayed ()
Date: September 12, 2012 09:49AM

Hitch , you nailed it. "artificial brain candy without substance". Great work typing out all of the video. Thank you.

Nagashima's rant was idiotic. Looking at him, it seems that he isn't a believer but someone who was put in to manage the American portfolio of the Soka Gakkai. He has the charisma of a middle manager or employee of the month at an accountant firm.

That entire video had nothing about Buddhism. Just Ikeda cult jargon. The excited, over acted and exaggerated behavior of those cult members in the video is testament to how people are vulnerable to mind control.

To anti cult- You may not be wrong considering their continued existence decades from now, but as a powerhouse on the rise, I don't see it, frankly they come off as being in survival mode, pouring heavy doses of mind control on their "captives" out of desperation.

Their behavior screams cult. I do feel for these people in the video. If you look closely at them, if you look behind the facade, you can sense a type of profound sadness. These young people have run from their problems and now hide in the false spectrum of cult based reality. Come back , people, join humanity.

On a different note, I don't think that the Soka Gakkai will make Ikeda a "Buddha" or deify him, at least not in a hammer on the head sort of way. The SGI cult operates like a corporation and they strategize and plan every aspect of action that they take. Nothing is made by accident. The Ikeda warped out worship is planned down to a decimal point.

The religion is just a front.... to get loads of cash and tax exemption. In the background, the Soka Gakkai have business enterprises that stretch throughout the world. They even have a political party. They aren't sloppy, though it's amazing that the massive empire survived Ikeda's Megalomania.

The operations behind the religious facade populated with mind controlled believers is probably something akin to a fortune 500 company.

Anti Cult, you are right, there is enough investments and companies, raw cash to keep the facade going. There will always be someone who gets caught up in the mind control.

The best we can do, is help people get out, one by one and let others know so that they know what they are getting into.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 10:13AM by Upgrayed.

Date: September 12, 2012 12:49PM

SGI has so many billions of dollars, they can just sit still, and and still make millions in profits from their investments.
Sadly, SGI will be around for decades after Ikeda's death, even just standing still.

SGI-USA is a bad joke, but with billions invested and in assets, SGI is a giant financial corporation.

Once Ikeda is dead, we will see how SGI rebrands itself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.