Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: September 10, 2012 06:11AM

It must be a vice-general director shared characteristic, because I also saw Ethan Gelbaum (current vice-general director) screaming at kids/boys/ymd back in the 80's (emphasis on kids/boys intentional). Horrendous manners and utterly lacking in common sense, too. Says a lot about the cult org., IMO.

I've also seen ymd leaders wild eyed and screaming, spittle mouthed frothing at the corners, too. In all cases, these kind of cult members are just ignorant power hungry individuals. They've bought into the delusion that they are something special in the cult org.. In reality, they are just some head clowns (which are precarious positions) in the crazy circus ring performing at the whim of, being used by, and in servitude to, Barnum-Ikeda (their chosen "master", which again speaks volumes about their minds).

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 10, 2012 07:54AM

Cup of kool-aid anyone?

"The Vow" to The Dear Leader [www.youtube.com].

"Like a Father, you cheer us on."

"Illuminated as bright as the sun, like KANEKO's embracing smile!" (Yep, you read that right, now the dear leader's wife is included, too.)

Must say, the kool-aid flavor has changed quite a bit since I was "in."

Oh my.

(True colors are always eventually revealed, as the old saying goes.)

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: September 10, 2012 10:53AM

Hitch
Cup of kool-aid anyone?

"The Vow" to The Dear Leader [www.youtube.com].

"Like a Father, you cheer us on."

"Illuminated as bright as the sun, like KANEKO's embracing smile!" (Yep, you read that right, now the dear leader's wife is included, too.)

Must say, the kool-aid flavor has changed quite a bit since I was "in."

Oh my.

(True colors are always eventually revealed, as the old saying goes.)
Fantastic song,
Super video,
Mentor is great,
We love Ikedaism.

Nichijew

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: September 10, 2012 08:19PM

Hitch
Soka gakkai cult brainwashed young mother/housewife reacts to being filmed (but only to the lady filming):

[www.youtube.com] at the 2:19 min. mark, there is a discussion going on between the protestors and a gakkai cult member, who happens to be a young mother toting an infant. She obviously isn't happy with the anti-gakkai protestors and has a visceral reaction when a camera lady approaches to film. At 2:47, the mother suddenly grabs and breaks the camera/microphone (you can actually hear it snap). Holding an infant only emboldens her behavior. They are separated and the cult lady eventually convinced to leave. One interesting part is when another gray haired gentleman comes up right after that and says you can't reason with these gakkai cult members, because they are under "mind control." He's absolutely correct.

I've witnessed much worse reactions from gakka cult members who don't like something that is happening or can't get their way (i.e., their magic chant is powerless). The above is nothing. I've seen temple members physically set upon, grabbed, pushed away and almost struck, when they dared to show up at a gakkai kaikan meeting. (For the record, I have no dog in their silly fights, either, because I think both sides are quarreling over nonsense.)

Crazy is as crazy does and cults make you crazy, including the gakkai cult. I've seen it many times, too.

If you would like to "beam down' to the location of this video, go to Google Earth, if you have it, and type in Shinanomachi Station Tokyo. To get at street level, move the "person" to the inside of the crook in the 90 degree blue elbow to the left and a little bit higher than the words "Shinanomachi station" over the aerial view. Turn the view to the right when you "land' and you'll see the 4 blue letters on the the flower shop in the video. Go back to the view due North and head up the street a few paces and turn to your right to see the front of a shop called Kongodo. The SGI colors are all over that and foot high kneeling, praying Teddy Bears wrapped in plastic are on the sidewalk in front of the store. Head further up the street and look for the Golden emblem of the SGI on some of the buildings. Further along you get to a construction site with attentive Youths nearby. Exit street view and look for the 8 sided umbrella like roof top. Across the busy thoroughfare is the Min - on building with the blue oval roof. Two buildings to the right of the umbrella top building, there's a square roof building with trees around it. Place the "person to the left of the building and see a man in black with his face a foot away from a round viewing mirror, presumably looking at the 2 gentleman walking down the narrow street. Looks like they have their ID badges around their necks. The SGI emblem is on this building which might be part of the Kaikan. The entrance to that is around another corner. Plenty of SGI flags on awnings and SGI buildings identified in English in that area.

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: September 11, 2012 12:47AM

Its best to zoom in a bit when looking at Shinanomachi station as I describe looking at the street view in my previous post. Then the blue-lined street view options are available.The busy thoroughfare is under the station and heads north. A good landing spot is to the upper left of the station

Date: September 11, 2012 06:07AM

Looks like the priesthood has finally gotten around to fighting back (in English).

The estrangement of the $oka Gakkai cult -

1. [www.youtube.com]

2. [www.youtube.com]

3. [www.youtube.com]

4. [www.youtube.com] (This is quite an interesting and revealing part.)

5. [www.youtube.com] (This portion is devastating, IMO.)

6. [www.youtube.com] (We will "become like the protestants and the catholics", see 0.53 min. mark.)

7. [www.youtube.com] (I can attest to the fact that gakka cult always used to say and place very heavy emphasis on the dai-gohonzon. How convenient now, with prevailing winds blowing in a different direction, they can so easily revise previously hardcore doctrine, completely contradicting their own official stance from the past. This, along with the Nikken gohonzon fiasco, IMO resulted in the gakkai inadvertently revealing their hand, for all to see - the trick cards and the bluffing.)

JMO, but it is all a con-job, with the gakkai cult just being more unscrupulous, evil and better (more $$, too) at pulling the levers of manipulation over the members/believers.

On a related note -

The nichiren shoshu priesthood gets home-v'ed over a dozen times by gakka cult members. Here [www.youtube.com] is the first of many clips, showing gakkai members in the "genkan" (entrance way to a place of residence) rudely arguing with priest/members over doctrine (notice the way the chubby one keeps banging, pointing, gesturing with a rolled up paper and otherwise being very aggressive in behavior). If you add in pushing, shoving, louder yelling (on the gakkai side) and a little more psycho behavior, you pretty much have some of the same stuff that I witnessed from my years "in."

Date: September 11, 2012 06:16AM

Excellent posts and descriptions rattyboy. Yep, you are in the smack dab center (bulls-eye) portion of cult town, if you follow your directions. I did, and I can spot gakkai cultie undercover $oka police everywhere, during my virtual walk through Shinanomachi.

Posted by: Upgrayed ()
Date: September 11, 2012 07:17AM

yeah, I could spot the cult uniformed creatures all over that place. Go down a random side street and you will find one waddling along. It's like a video game, sneak past the cult guards and save the poor girl whose mind is kidnapped by the cult.

They key issue at hand regarding the SGI is intention. What is their prime point and ultimate intent. This is the key. The intent is clearly for a few at the top to get nasty rich. Ikeda is a billionaire. He is listed in Asian media publications for his incredible wealth and political power within Japan and abroad. A mogul titan who sits on a mountain of cash and influence.

At the end of the discussion, beyond the supposed metaphysical, running past the humanities angle that is touted, beyond all of the maze like features that gets people looped into the SGI cult, you find a mountain. On top of this mountain (made of cash) is Ikeda and his cronies.

They have built a kingdom of sorts where they , especially Ikeda resides as emperor. It's a small manufactured society which has a ceasar and it's centurions.

Many people stick with the SGI cult because it "saved" their lives. It gave them purpose in a time when they were lost. It's an extended family where outside there may not be one. The SGI is a refuge for some. Beyond that, there is of course the fact of mind control but some people do crave the simplified version of reality that cults manufacture and sell. They want the comfort of not being overly challenged by a complex world.

I say to these people, you are propping up wicked creatures.

You will not grow being in this artificial womb , this trade off between a manufactured identity and existence versus.......Well look at it this way, stop following Ikeda. If you enjoy Nichiren Buddhism/ Lotus Sutra , whether from a historical or metaphysical perspective, please do so without muddying your waters with cult trickery and outrageously warped Ikeda worship.

The SGI is corrupt and warped because of the vast amount of power it holds. It should be everyone's responsibility to disengage so that it crumbles to dust. The Mystic Law, if that's what you adhere to ,will still be there, as it permeates everything.

Think, the SGI cult and it's members spend so much time focused on the organization and it's insular cultural reality that the law itself is lost. The Lotus Sutra which equalizes all beings, is buried under a trash heap of mind control rhetoric.

If you are to practice Nichiren Buddhism, lose the wierd cult energy and seek the source. Nourish yourself from the source rather than using Ikeda the middle man who exacts a heavy toll on your dignity and sense of self and leaves you too exhausted to properly reflect.

The source, is your own study. The source is not Nichiren Shoshu, it's just as manipulative and greed filled. Don't jump out of the fire and into another fire.

Again, the law, if that's what you embrace will continue on beyond this mess. For those who think that they will change the SGI......... well it was designed to decieve you and take....not give. Unless you are willing to challenge the entire Cult structure that is built layer upon layer, which once you strip away, there will be almost nothing left, except for a bunch of people suffering a mind control hangover, then your energy would be better suited towards propping yourself up, not some stranger.

Many members know that it's a cult, but ignore the signs. They just ignore it. This in my opinion is a dangerous mistake. Every time you ignore the glaring signs of being decieved and disrespected, by filling your head with shit, you lose a little more of yourself.

The poster who spoke of the morbid critic, this individual is spot on.

When anything that refutes the cult is presented to a member, they get hostile or leave, flight or flight. Why? Because of that little critic transplanted into your head whispering it's reinforcing ideas about your reality.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2012 07:32AM by Upgrayed.

Date: September 11, 2012 11:53AM

The warped Ikeda worship has really morphed into something downright bizarre from what I can see strictly from YouTube nowadays. It was always kind of there, lurking in the background, to pop up every now and then from some whacked out member, but for the most part, it wasn't emphasized as much as it appears to be today.

We studied the gosho, the major writings of nichiren daishonin, and even went to our local temple for lectures given by priests. On the whole, the priesthood were generally much more kindly, tolerant (at least to your face if you were part of the outside world), open to discussion, legitimate back-n-forth "dialogue" and definitely not as forcefully manipulative as the gakkai cult org. was. They weren't angels though, because there was also a lot of gossip going around about things, individuals and attitudes, but it was kept hush-hush and strictly behind closed doors (even well before the official split). The priesthood can also be very archaic, rigid, chauvinistic, sexist, intolerant on the inside, greedy, threatening and manipulative within their own little circles (no surprises here, right).

The gakka cult just doesn't bother to keep any of it on a leash, that's all. The ego maniac dear leader has long since lost all touch with reality and is drunk on his own $power$. Ikeda trying to trademark the magic chant as his own personal property also reveals that he himself is not even a "believer." Rather, a shrewd, greedy, billionaire businessman with pockets deep enough to do whatever he damn well pleases, and to hell with what anybody else may happen to think about it. The $oka Gakkai is a rich manipulative pseudo-buddhist cult that has spread outside of Japan and only wants your money. It's just the bigger, meaner cult that has expanded and overtaken (hijacked) the smaller cult's domain and resources.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: September 12, 2012 12:27AM

Wow, great last few posts from Upgrayed and Hitch....

@Hitch, I must of missed something again---Sensei is trying to trademark NMRK???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.