Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: July 23, 2012 05:18AM

The cult "baton is passed to me and I will pass it on, too." (Actual canned answer implanted into some of these poor kiddies.)

"We are 2030!"

[www.youtube.com]

I'm sure the members feel this is all cute as hell, but having lived thru it myself, I can tell you that it is the start of mental child abuse, manipulation, indoctrination and indentured servitude (for themselves and their future kids) to the cult org..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: July 23, 2012 02:45PM

When the kids were saying what they wanted to be when they grow up, I was really glad no one said “Shinichi Yamamoto.” That might’ve sent me over the edge.

Date: July 24, 2012 04:44AM

SGBye
When the kids were saying what they wanted to be when they grow up, I was really glad no one said “Shinichi Yamamoto.” That might’ve sent me over the edge.

I'm sure the cult org. wants many of them to grow up to become cult "leader" automatons as the next best thing, though. And for those that don't, their lifelong "voluntary" $zaimu$ commitments will suffice instead.

Excerpt from a "Journal of Young (pseudo-buddhist) Cult Radical" -

" ‘When the time for the meeting came no guests, just Sal and I and Jim were there. He turned around and said ‘What’s wrong with you guys, a Hancho and Jr. Hancho. Never with guests. Don’t you guys have any life force?”

I didn’t say anything (outloud, but inside I said), “S… I’m trying.” Inside I was really mad at the Gohonzon. 2 ½ years no members, I practice like a s..-of-a-b…. Gohonzon, I do Shakubuku, Gongyo, chant diamoku, why no guests or members? I f I don’t have a guest in twenty minutes I’m quitting or at least walking home, S…!.” I said to myself."

More here [crossandlotus.wordpress.com], just follow the "link to the beginning of journal" on the far right of the webpage and select January 2008 and other months to read all entries.

Anyone recognize the Malibu training center, near Pepperdine University, in the photo? I remember it well - the luxurious cult retreat for the dear leader in an area famous for the wealthy and movie stars. Exactly the kind of place you would find nichiren daishonin living the dream in, too. ;-) HAHA!

Some more photos here [crossandlotus.wordpress.com] and here [crossandlotus.wordpress.com].

A young infamous cultie [crossandlotus.files.wordpress.com] Guy McCloskey can be seen in this photo (3rd row from front, 6th from the left).

The cult zombie club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2012 04:47AM by Hitch.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: July 24, 2012 06:34AM

Hitch
SGBye

I'm sure the cult org. wants many of them to grow up to become cult "leader" automatons as the next best thing, though. And for those that don't, their lifelong "voluntary" $zaimu$ commitments will suffice instead.

Excerpt from a "Journal of Young (pseudo-buddhist) Cult Radical" -

" ‘When the time for the meeting came no guests, just Sal and I and Jim were there. He turned around and said ‘What’s wrong with you guys, a Hancho and Jr. Hancho. Never with guests. Don’t you guys have any life force?”

I didn’t say anything (outloud, but inside I said), “S… I’m trying.” Inside I was really mad at the Gohonzon. 2 ½ years no members, I practice like a s..-of-a-b…. Gohonzon, I do Shakubuku, Gongyo, chant diamoku, why no guests or members? I f I don’t have a guest in twenty minutes I’m quitting or at least walking home, S…!.” I said to myself."

More here [crossandlotus.wordpress.com], just follow the "link to the beginning of journal" on the far right of the webpage and select January 2008 and other months to read all entries.

Anyone recognize the Malibu training center, near Pepperdine University, in the photo? I remember it well - the luxurious cult retreat for the dear leader in an area famous for the wealthy and movie stars. Exactly the kind of place you would find nichiren daishonin living the dream in, too. ;-) HAHA!

Some more photos here [crossandlotus.wordpress.com] and here [crossandlotus.wordpress.com].

A young infamous cultie [crossandlotus.files.wordpress.com] Guy McCloskey can be seen in this photo (3rd row from front, 6th from the left).

The cult zombie club.

Lots of smiling backstabbers who used to worship the ground George Williams walked on and then slandered and ruined him for their own self serving interests. Anyway, he deserved it for desecrating the Lotus Sutra and teachings of Nichiren Daishonin but they are all zebras of the same stripe.

Nichijew

Posted by: ScoobyDooby ()
Date: July 24, 2012 08:36PM

SGBye

This really made me LOL. It would've put me over the edge, too. I actually know a member who named their kid Shinichi. I have to wonder how many Shinichis we have running around in SGI land.

Posted by: evergreen ()
Date: July 25, 2012 10:57AM

Had a really random experience today. Haven't been to a meeting (other than some funerals) in three years. Had a member from my old district call me and read me the schedule as if she was a telemarketer. No "How are you" or anything just "there will be a tozo at so and so's house tomorrow...." I could tell she was seething as she read me the schedule. I never really had any closure with my old district. I get their monthly schedule in the mail. I get the occasional phone call from someone I knew well. But I have never had someone who clearly hated my guts read me the activities off the calendar as if reading off a teleprompter. Weirded out for sure.

Also saddened by a member that I care very much about who is only interested in telling me that my life will always suck if I don't chant. I am doomed to have bad things or bad karma if I don't change my life. I used to check in on her as she is older and has been abandoned by most of her other members and her own family. I had to make the tough decision that even though I am her only advocate I can't take another minute of the the the doom and gloom talk. It saddens me.

I have been gone for THREE years and didn't think I would have to cut ALL ties to this cult. Now I can't answer my own phone without fear of who is calling or who is calling me to tell me that they are worried about me.

Time to cut the rope and be free.....whoops I still have to talk to my parents all the time. Oh well.

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: July 25, 2012 11:43AM

Hitch
Speaking of media interest, I wasn't aware that there was an "Inside Edition" episode focusing on the $oka Gakkai Cult in Japan, [www.equip.org], back in the early 90's.

Taken from "Infighting, Division, and Scandal Afflicting Nichiren Shoshu Buddhists."

"The article states that certain cult-watching groups, including the Cult Awareness Network, charge that it is “a dangerous cult because of its charismatic leader — Ikeda — its coercive recruitment techniques, and its emphasis on chanting for mate­rial gain, which the network describes as brainwashing.” In addition, Canadian opposition to the group began following an episode of “Inside Edition,” a tabloid television show, which accused it of practicing mind control."

Has anybody seen the episode? Am aware of the kind of show it was, as well as the idiot host Bill O'Reilly, but would still, nevertheless, love to see it, if it's out there anywhere. I can't find it on the web (accidental, or not?).
Hitch - I think this is the episode I saw in which someone, either a former member or someone who had dealt with NSA/SGI members, described their minds as "being mush" or "turning to mush". Much of the focus was on someone else, a former men's division being very anti Gakkai in the USA and marching with "say no to NSA" signs. "He's making a bad cause for his life" is what one of my fellow YMD said after this program aired. Other YMD thought something bad was mystically going to happen to the guy for his slander. I remember a scene on the show of the Men's division doing the synchronised arm pumping on the stage while their neckties flaccidly tossed to and fro.

Date: July 25, 2012 12:14PM

Being "absent without leave" (even years later) will sometimes get you a mandatory forced call, hence the underlying animosity. That person was doing what they "had" to do (either self-convinced or by somebody else), which is calling every name still on their list, to "make a cause", for *your* sake, of course. ;-)

Regarding the threatened doom: appeals to adverse consequences are always the refuge of those that have nothing else to use against you to manipulate you. It reeks of pathetic desperation and intellectual bankruptcy on their part.

I remember when I finally had to change my number many, many years ago. I ran into one member in person later on, who was seething mad about it. My reply was, "Oh! I'm so glad you could finally take the hint. Have a nice day!" :-)

The only time a gakkai cult member will ever call you, is if they want or are looking for something. Which brings me to Nichi's words below:

Nichijew
Lots of smiling backstabbers who used to worship the ground George Williams walked on and then slandered and ruined him for their own self serving interests. Anyway, he deserved it for desecrating the Lotus Sutra and teachings of Nichiren Daishonin but they are all zebras of the same stripe.

You definitely got that right. The vast majority, I wouldn't trust them any farther than I could throw them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2012 12:16PM by Hitch.

Date: July 25, 2012 12:27PM

rattyboy
Hitch - I think this is the episode I saw in which someone, either a former member or someone who had dealt with NSA/SGI members, described their minds as "being mush" or "turning to mush". Much of the focus was on someone else, a former men's division being very anti Gakkai in the USA and marching with "say no to NSA" signs. "He's making a bad cause for his life" is what one of my fellow YMD said after this program aired. Other YMD thought something bad was mystically going to happen to the guy for his slander. I remember a scene on the show of the Men's division doing the synchronised arm pumping on the stage while their neckties flaccidly tossed to and fro.

Thanks rattyboy. I wish I had seen it. I wonder why this show is so much under wraps and is nowhere out there to be found on the web. The fist pumping and flying neckties sounds like footage of the cult zombies leading a gakkai song (most likely "Forever Dear Leader Sensei"). I know this pseudo-buddhist cult like the back of my hand and "minds being mush" = truer words have rarely been spoken.

Re: Soka Gakkai -- SGI Inside Edition expose'
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 25, 2012 04:23PM

If that "Inside Edition" TV spot was critical of the SGI, then if it was posted online SGI-USA would go after it.
Sects like SGI can be highly effective at censoring corporate media, as corporate media only exists to make a profit, so they will generally back down from large sects, as they don't want to spend money defending themselves.

There are exceptions of course, sometimes the media corps will choose to defend a story.
But generally they just want to make profits, and that means avoiding conflict with cults.

SGI-USA has actively gone after websites and blogs to have them censored and removed.
SGI-USA would go after any company that hosted material critical of SGI.

But if someone can find that TV spot, it can be put onto torrent networks, and uploaded to various video sites, where it will stick on some of them.

If someone is interested, set up some Google Alerts [www.google.com] for that TV spot. Its usually better to set up a few alerts using different keywords, and if it turns up then it will appear.

Also someone could contact the TV production company on its website and ask about it.
[www.insideedition.com]
[www.insideedition.com]

Maybe they would sell a DVD of the broadcast for the standard price.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.