Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 29, 2012 09:58AM

Nichijew
You can find much more on the SGI Italian schism at No Alla Soka Gakkai: [www.noallasokagakkai.eu]

Much much more on the SGI Italian schism: [www.sokarinnovamento.ru]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 30, 2012 04:43AM

Some fascinating reading on those links. It's obvious, from even a cursory reading, that "where there's smoke, . . . . . ." The signs are all over the place. The kindling was also on display for all to see, back in the early 90's in the infamous dear leader Santa Monica clips (which are still constantly uploaded and removed from the internet all the time, even today). The cult org. attempting to hide and manipulate history that they don't want out there.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 30, 2012 06:46AM

Ikeda, Daisaku - Hack writer (The Human Revolution), hack poet and hack songwriter - [www.youtube.com].

What an uncreative, repetitive piece of sap.

Posted by: KR ()
Date: June 30, 2012 07:41AM

WOW. That video was horrible...

Hitch
Ikeda, Daisaku - Hack writer (The Human Revolution), hack poet and hack songwriter - [www.youtube.com].

What an uncreative, repetitive piece of sap.

It really makes me wonder is there even a threshold with cult brainwashing where it gets too sappy that even the cult members think that it's all pure bullshit?

Posted by: coolshyone ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:03AM

Another boring gakkai song. Add to the list of other boring gakkai songs. Maybe they could start singing it at the end of meetings.

Posted by: Freeheartandmind ()
Date: June 30, 2012 01:02PM

You all probably know that Dallas, starring Patrick Duffy, is back on the tube. In a recent interview discussing the reboot of the show, he attributes his long-time marriage of 40 years to what else...practicing Buddhism! He says "We haven't had a cross word or a misunderstanding in the last 15 years, 20 years...A large part of that I will say is that we both practiced Buddhism". When asked what led him to Buddhism, he replied "I did it to try to get into bed with this woman who became my wife."

Profound, isn't it (sarcasm alert) ? Interesting that he said practicing Buddhism, not chanting NMRK. As with most other "benefits" non-SGI folks have successful marriages too. I can't think of one aspect of cult membership that supports good marriages.

Date: June 30, 2012 10:53PM

Not to mention couples within the sgi org who had miserable relationships and wound up divorced. I know several of these people. Relationships succeed or fail all the time regardless of ones religion. Attributing everything ggod or bad that happens in ones life to NMRK is pure bs. I played this game steady for 20+ years. Haven't practiced now for at least 5 years, and I can say things are no different now than they were then. My marriage is still intact after 28 years too.

Posted by: KR ()
Date: July 01, 2012 12:02AM

Funny thing you should speak of healthy relationships within the SGI. To it's credit, I only know of one healthy relationship within my old SGI chapter but the others were so dysfunctional to the point were I pondered if they would somehow show up on an episode of COPS. But it's of no fault to them individually for how does one truly expect to have healthy relationships when SGI culture is centered around suppressed thoughts (Don't complain, change everything) and emotions? (Chant for it - sound familiar?)

I do admit to chanting for love myself in the old SGI frame of mind. Guess I talked too much about those aspirations to the point where a fellow SGI member lead me to a blog of a quasi SGI matchmaker. Polishing Ourselves to Deserve an Ideal Soul Mate (p1) It's New Age mumbo jumbo disguised as Buddhism. Of course it only speaks to the insulated world of the SGI and is completely devoid of all reality. It tells you to chant - chant hard - chant for 5 hours a day for love- chant with the courage of a lion king.

coolshyone
Not to mention couples within the sgi org who had miserable relationships and wound up divorced. I know several of these people. Relationships succeed or fail all the time regardless of ones religion. Attributing everything ggod or bad that happens in ones life to NMRK is pure bs. I played this game steady for 20+ years. Haven't practiced now for at least 5 years, and I can say things are no different now than they were then. My marriage is still intact after 28 years too.

In hindsight, I can't really knock the blogger for her intentions. It was only after reading it that I realized that chanting for a love is stupid.

In a separate grievance, I've always pondered why the a-typical SGI member get into these long winded explanations of things when all they do is tell you to chant.

Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI Chanting 5 hours a day?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 01, 2012 01:45AM

Fake SGI-Chanting 5 hours a day?
That is very very deep SGI cultic brainwashing...literally.
Daly repetition of a cultic doctrine 5 hours everyday is a very extreme cultic technique.

SGI knows everyone wants "love" so they want to link that permanently with SGI.
Very diabolical and nefarious.

They also know that any normal person is not going to be able to SGI-chant 5 hours a day. And if you do, that means outside of work and daily chores, all you will do is "chant". Thus making certain you don't meet any people, other than other SGI people.
Its a way to try to get SGI members to attach to other SGI members.

Also, another cultic technique, is to give impossible tasks, where people FAIL. So you feel bad, and they can blame your failures, on your failure to chant 5 hours a day as ordered.
So this means you need to go to more SGI meetings, and give SGI more money, and chant harder.
Its a recipe for permanent failure.

This is all standard stuff of all current cults.

Date: July 01, 2012 02:37AM

Whenever I would listen to people who were going through some kind of difficult situation tell how they were chanting so many hours daily I must admit what went through my mind is this person must be off they're rocker. I think the most I ever chanted in one sitting was maybe 2 hours and that was brutal to do that. The sad part is if your issue wasn't getting any better, well chant 3 hours daily, 4 hours daily, 5 hours daily etc. etc.

I must admit this is what entrenched me in the org for so long. I really came to believe that if I spent hours every day doing something connected to the practice that I would absolutely happy as promised. Very cult like techniques indeed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.