Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 22, 2012 07:14AM

Hitch
Thanks, Nichijew. I don't do facebook, so, unfortunately, I can't see the photo(s).

There was a period of time in my "practice" that I just did whatever it was I was told to do. This particular cult camping activity coincided with that time. I often never knew what I was getting myself into, just practicing to keep my parents happy and basically be a good boy. This horrible "golden" sh** memory was one of the events that gradually changed that naive mindset and made me start to think about some of the things that were being asked of me and to begin to question my blind allegiance. As SGBye stated, it was quite often that we were expected to do some less than desirable things. I also started to notice the pattern that the authoritarianism would be ratcheted up and the psycho alter egos would come out to play whenever the normal adults were safely out of the picture. Gakkai cult "youth training" is a euphemism for mind games.

I'll copy the photo, if i can, and paste it on my blog. Then you can point yourself out to us.

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 22, 2012 08:39AM

HAHA! Thanks again for that Nichijew. It looks like a similar event, but from a different region or time period, because I don't recognize any of those BB members. Recognize lots of those "leaders" though! (Fujioka, Williams, Sonoda, Kikumura, and a couple of others whose names I've forgotten.)

This mb makes me realize that these kinds of events were recycled and repeated all over the country, like some kind of a cult playbook. I remember another member here posted about how Williams would show up towards the end of big cultural festival practices for a "spontaneous" "fortunate" (pre-staged) photo-op, which was played up to the hilt as if it were something extraordinary right before he magically appeared. Exact same thing happened to me, too. My A**!! The same thing was happening all over the country. Fricking lying manipulating cult organization.

PS - Your blog is a hoot! Keep rippin' them a new one! They most definitely deserve everything you throw at them.
Some of the comments are sizzling hot bang smack on the money, too. Also, must say, if the cult organization had emulated much of the genuine buddhist attitude and behavior that you write about, I probably wouldn't be so anti-gakkai today, myself.

Posted by: Freeheartandmind ()
Date: June 22, 2012 09:05AM

Nichijew, can you please post a link to your blog?

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 23, 2012 01:56AM

Posted by: jlynneda63 ()
Date: June 23, 2012 07:15AM

Hi everyone!
Haven't posted in awhile,got the twitter bug! Strayed a bit to far & when,the calls started earier this week I realized I was a bit father fm shore than I thought! UNCOMFORTABLE!

Any
way, just checkin in! The sad thing about this is that first someone called that I really like & she had acknowledged a post I had made on my fb page which lead me to believe she was thinking about doing something different. Still I didn't call back. Then another person called &asked if she could just come over to visit as she missed me!

I don't get how they can call & think we can't see that they only call if there is an agenda! It sucks! I did realize though that I still need to keep in close contact with you all! I'm surprised that I would consider for a half second to think that there wasn't a motive for calling!

Anyone ever have this experience?

Jlynnexa

Tks for being here!

Date: June 23, 2012 07:31AM

I've got the same ol' "we miss you" routine thrown my way, even decades later. The people saying it fall into either one of two categories:

1. Really sincere, but clueless longtime members, who are really saying they miss having you by their side while being manipulated . . .

or

2. Manipulative gung-ho self-centered jerk leaders (or leaders to be) who are really telling you to come back so that they can resume the manipulation (zaimu, subscriptions, or other ways in which to use you for free labor, a source of income, or as a statistic for the perennial numbers game of the cult).

Don't drink the kool-aid, not even a sip.

Bottom line, if it makes you "uncomfortable", that pretty much says it all.

Date: June 23, 2012 07:47AM

How Cults Work [www.youtube.com].

Everything applies, but I particularly loved these bits:

"We are a World Peace Organization." (0.52 min. mark).

"We love the leader, the leader is love, when I am not with him, I feel like a schlub" (aka: "Forever Sensei") song. (5.40 / 5.55 min. marks) LOL!!

I could re-edit this entire clip, interspersing gakkai cult practice clips as examples throughout for everything discussed, and it would be a PERFECT fit.

"It's that simple!"

Date: June 26, 2012 04:32AM

Along the same lines as my post above (How Cults Work):

[www.youtube.com]

Parody or real, it doesn't matter, either way it speaks volumes.

Posted by: Freeheartandmind ()
Date: June 26, 2012 06:50AM

Hitch, I viewed your 6/22 "How Cults Work" you tube video posting and it was hilarious. It sure does apply to SGI! I laughed, but seriously, a lot of damage is done by cultic manipulation. Doesn't seem to be a downside to being a leader though, does it? That's why cults will always be with us. Some people want their thinking done for them, their social network established for them these are the cult victims), and some are deluded or egomaniacs who don't want a real job (the cult victimizers). If there is not a lot of money in being a cult leader, there is a lot of power (like Charles Manson). Thanks goodness for sites like this where people can research orgs before they get in too deep, and those who are in can get the support needed to get out.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: June 26, 2012 06:55AM

jlynneda63
Hi everyone!
Haven't posted in awhile,got the twitter bug! Strayed a bit to far & when,the calls started earier this week I realized I was a bit father fm shore than I thought! UNCOMFORTABLE!

Any
way, just checkin in! The sad thing about this is that first someone called that I really like & she had acknowledged a post I had made on my fb page which lead me to believe she was thinking about doing something different. Still I didn't call back. Then another person called &asked if she could just come over to visit as she missed me!

I don't get how they can call & think we can't see that they only call if there is an agenda! It sucks! I did realize though that I still need to keep in close contact with you all! I'm surprised that I would consider for a half second to think that there wasn't a motive for calling!

Anyone ever have this experience?

Jlynnexa

Tks for being here!

Jlynne, did you ever hang out with these ladies, apart from doing SGI? Especially Lady #2, with the wanting to visit cause she missed you.....

Well, maybe so. But I'm with Hitch, leaning towards she wants to make the most excellent cause for her life, by checking out your life and encouraging you to do activities, chant, etcetcetc.......because that benefits her life!

Yup, had the experience.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.