Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 04, 2012 04:54AM

Looks like some of those International gakkai cults have some even stronger kool-aid than the United States. This is from South Korea (but could easily be mistaken for North) [www.youtube.com] (some pretty intense stuff from other cult cultural festivals in that channel's playlist). Yikes!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 04, 2012 05:29AM

Also, did anyone notice the huge brass/golden engraved Ikeda poem, "To My Young American Friends", on the wall of the NY cult kaikan in the background of that New York video posted earlier? No huge daishonin quotes? Only the dear leader's poetry?? I also spotted a young Ikeda framed portrait hanging up on the wall (I believe it was this one, or a similar one, [www.joseitoda.org]).

Wow. Must say, things have gotten much worse and over the top since my time in.

That same channel's playlist has some more interesting clips:

In this one, you'll see their high class special gourmet obento (lunch boxes) sitting all wrapped up in front of them. [www.youtube.com]. The person filming, Alphonzo (?), looks to be toting his own personal mini-gakkai flag and can be heard attempting to ingratiate himself to his hosts with his horrible Japanese.

And some more, [www.youtube.com]. This is probably one of the extra special "YOUTH!" tables (I'm even doing the stereotyped gesture, as I type this.).

And more [www.youtube.com]. The hooraying and clapping is even more exaggerated and obnoxiously hollow and obligatory in this clip. The lady at the table (Pam - ? - who looks to be half Japanese-Caucasian) is interpreting for the boys.

Can check out even more here, [www.youtube.com], at the bottom of the page.

These are some rare behind the scenes glimpses into world of the "senior leader" specially tailored, intense, cult retreat trips to Japan and how some of their brainwashing is done. (I'm surprised these clips are even up.)

Fascinating, indeed.

Soka Gakkai SGI Oneness of Master and Disciple = BRAINWASHING
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 04, 2012 05:32AM

Oneness of Master and Disciple....that is a BRAINWASHING TECHNIQUE.

What "oneness" means in the SGI context, is that the target (you) are supposed to wipe your brain clear, and then slavishly and mindlessly follow the Master.
You believe everything he tells you, you replace your beliefs with his beliefs, and you make your mind "one" with his, or that is what you are supposed to believe.
In fact you are becoming a mindless follower, blocking out all natural criticisms and questions.

Ikeda and SGI are targeting your very IDENTITY which is the core concept of any person.
They want you to replace your actual identity with the identity of Ikeda and become "one" with him.

SGI people need to wake up, and realize this is a technique used by cults in brainwashing. Many sects do the same thing.
Byron Katie has her followers look at her photo's and become "one" with her "Work" too.

They are trying to get people to psychologically FUSE THEIR IDENTITY with the leader of the cult.
It has to be fused to a personality.

So its a classic cultic mindwashing technique that SGI is using on people.
And people are following along mindlessly without questioning it.

Re: Soka Gakkai SGI Oneness of Master and Disciple = BRAINWASHING
Date: June 04, 2012 05:41AM

The Anticult
Oneness of Master and Disciple....that is a BRAINWASHING TECHNIQUE.

What "oneness" means in the SGI context, is that the target (you) are supposed to wipe your brain clear, and then slavishly and mindlessly follow the Master.
You believe everything he tells you, you replace your beliefs with his beliefs, and you make your mind "one" with his, or that is what you are supposed to believe.
In fact you are becoming a mindless follower, blocking out all natural criticisms and questions.

Ikeda and SGI are targeting your very IDENTITY which is the core concept of any person.
They want you to replace your actual identity with the identity of Ikeda and become "one" with him.

SGI people need to wake up, and realize this is a technique used by cults in brainwashing. Many sects do the same thing.
Byron Katie has her followers look at her photo's and become "one" with her "Work" too.

They are trying to get people to psychologically FUSE THEIR IDENTITY with the leader of the cult.
It has to be fused to a personality.

So its a classic cultic mindwashing technique that SGI is using on people.
And people are following along mindlessly without questioning it.

An excellent way to get practically physically attacked, man-handled and rapidly physically ejected from a kaikan is to simply utter anything offensively derogatory about the dear leader. Such action is the equivalent to stirring up a beehive and having the worker bees swarm against you in attack. I've seen it, once or twice. There is absolute ZERO tolerance for criticism of Ikeda. Even a relatively innocent statement of fact, such as "he's a little fat", will get you piercing looks from any members who overhear it.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 04, 2012 06:34AM

Hitch
Also, did anyone notice the huge brass/golden engraved Ikeda poem, "To My Young American Friends", on the wall of the NY cult kaikan in the background of that New York video posted earlier? No huge daishonin quotes? Only the dear leader's poetry?? I also spotted a young Ikeda framed portrait hanging up on the wall (I believe it was this one, or a similar one, [www.joseitoda.org]).

Wow. Must say, things have gotten much worse and over the top since my time in.

That same channel's playlist has some more interesting clips:

In this one, you'll see their high class special gourmet obento (lunch boxes) sitting all wrapped up in front of them. [www.youtube.com]. The person filming, Alphonzo (?), looks to be toting his own personal mini-gakkai flag and can be heard attempting to ingratiate himself to his hosts with his horrible Japanese.

And some more, [www.youtube.com]. This is probably one of the extra special "YOUTH!" tables (I'm even doing the stereotyped gesture, as I type this.).

And more [www.youtube.com]. The hooraying and clapping is even more exaggerated and obnoxiously hollow and obligatory in this clip. The lady at the table (Pam - ? - who looks to be half Japanese-Caucasian) is interpreting for the boys.

Can check out even more here, [www.youtube.com], at the bottom of the page.

These are some rare behind the scenes glimpses into world of the "senior leader" specially tailored, intense, cult retreat trips to Japan and how some of their brainwashing is done. (I'm surprised these clips are even up.)

Fascinating, indeed.

Hehe. The grunts get baloney and mayo sandwiches and lots and lots of koolaid.

Nichijew

Date: June 04, 2012 07:14AM

From that same playlist:

[www.youtube.com] "You got this all on video?! YEAH, THIS IS CRAAAAZZZZYYYY!!!!!"

These "training courses" are special annual events tailored to "senior" leader/leader-to-be level, for cult leaders throughout the world, all brought in together at the same time, where you are pampered and made to feel ultra-special. Notice how the participants keep referring to their "rock star" status [www.youtube.com]. Gakkai members all waving flags at every corner they turn and even a special "elite" brass band performance with classic gakkai songs being played especially for them ("Marching Forward To Victory!"). The guy filming (Alphonzo) yells in Japanese at the end, "ONE MORE TIME PLEASE!!!"

Enjoy the "Dancing Gosho Lecture." [www.youtube.com] Act like a fool, just because everyone else is, too. [www.youtube.com]. (Participants from different International countries, share their "culture" for all the other culties in attendance. Wouldn't be surprised if the American delegation did some rapping and hip-hop for them as well.)

Alphonzo's really eating this all up. The subtle brainwashing experience in action. Like I said, I find it hard to believe that this stuff is actually up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2012 07:17AM by Hitch.

Posted by: evergreen ()
Date: June 04, 2012 11:11AM

OK so I get home and get this note HI......so and so and I stopped by after Kofu to say hi and encourage you to make a may 3rd contrubution to show your appreciation to the gohonzon and sgi. Ill call you later today. I'm leaving 2 envelopes in case so and so (my kid) would like to contribute also.

I haven't been to a meeting in close to four years. I made the mistake of showing up for a funeral to honor the deceased recently. So I was a bit surprised to find this in my mailbox and a bit miffed that they thought my kid wanted to do special zaimu.

Oh and everyone from SGI that I run into that has the balls tells me that I have been inhabited by the devil king of the sixth heaven. Love hearing that one too.

Date: June 04, 2012 12:33PM

evergreen
Oh and everyone from SGI that I run into that has the balls tells me that I have been inhabited by the devil king of the sixth heaven. Love hearing that one too.

I'd tell them to have fun playing with Cousin Rufus, too. It's all fairy tales anyway.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: June 05, 2012 01:29AM

evergreen
OK so I get home and get this note HI......so and so and I stopped by after Kofu to say hi and encourage you to make a may 3rd contrubution to show your appreciation to the gohonzon and sgi. Ill call you later today. I'm leaving 2 envelopes in case so and so (my kid) would like to contribute also.

I haven't been to a meeting in close to four years. I made the mistake of showing up for a funeral to honor the deceased recently. So I was a bit surprised to find this in my mailbox and a bit miffed that they thought my kid wanted to do special zaimu.

Are they kidding??? No, of course not! Unbelievable that after 4 years, and just because you attended the funeral, they jump all over it. Two envelopes and one of them for your child. Yeeeesh.

Inhabited by the devil king of the sixth heaven?? That's what they are saying now? Gacckkk.

@The Anticult: Great post on the oneness of mentor and disciple. And based on Hitch's relating about when anyone says any tiny little thing that's critical of the Mentor, all hell breaks loose. Both these posts cement my belief that this is all for the deification of Daisaku Ikeda. And to keep reaping the dollars.

I'm all for mentors, too. But I agree there certainly is a difference between a normal mentoring relationship and all-out worship.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: June 05, 2012 01:34AM

Nichijew
"Let us refresh ourselves striving to repay our debt of gratitude to SGI Sensei. May contribution campaign is almost over. Now is the time to give what you have saved for May Contribution with a tremendous sense of gratitude and appreciation for everything our wonderful mentor has done for us." -- Lowlife SGI leader

"Those who have no gratitude lead a life that is dark and cheerless because they destroy the very fabric that makes them human. Those who lack appreciation are unhappy. Their hearts are dark and impoverished and they are always discontent, filled with jealousy, resentment, and complaint. In this way they isolate themselves from others, whittling away all hope and good fortune. They destroy their own happiness and send themselves reeling into a state of emptiness and despair. Arrogant people, who likewise lack a sense of appreciation, are also unhappy and lonely." -- New Human Revolution as quoted by lowlife SGI leader

Hey, having gratitude certainly leads to a happier state of life--for anyone.

When you are told you NEED to have a debt of gratitude and NEED to continually repay that debt to someone---No.

It's gotten down to this, leaders speaking only Gakkai, Mentor-Loving speak.

I still wonder if they feel enlightened, for all the devotion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.