Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: redrose ()
Date: May 04, 2012 05:12AM

When was Ikeda's name ever Taisaku? Is this written down somewhere and if so where?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI: Is Ikeda Korean?
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: May 04, 2012 05:14AM

Ikeda's ancestry? If you do a search online, you will find sites like Benjamin Fulford's and gaijinpot.com that say yes -- and that his Korean name is Son Tae Chuk. See below:

-----------------------------beginning of quote-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[www.bibliotecapleyades.net]

One sign of this is that new sources have approached us with important “news” about China. One source says Premier Wen Jiabao’s son got money from the Carlyle hedge fund and that Wen is a George Bush Senior puppet.

Whatever the truth of that (we simply cannot fully confirm), Wen was clearly put on prominent display at the CFR last week. Then another source (working for Rupert Murdoch) tells us that Chinese President Hu Jintao is a member of the Sokka Gakkai Buddhist cult.

Since that is controlled by North Korean agent Son Tae Chuck (Japanese name Daisaku Ikeda) that would make Hu an Illuminati agent.

--------------------------------end of quote----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I question the credibility of these sites, as many of them are full of conspiracy theories, but present no evidence for their charges. There are many people of Korean ancestry living in Japan. Many of these Koreans were brought to Japan as slaves during the period 1910 -- 1945, when Korea was a colony of Japan. Some of the ancestors of these Koreans still live in Japan. Many of them have taken Japanese names and speak fluent Japanese -- but they do not have Japanese citizenship, nor the rights of citizens.

Is Ikeda one of them, though? I doubt it. These individuals have found it hard to hide their Korean ancestry. I have heard that Japanese do not have personal birth certificates. Rather, when a child is born, he or she is added to the family register, which is a matter of public record. This makes it difficult to hide non-Japanese ancestors, illegitimate births, family members who have been convicted of crimes, and the like.

Ikeda is so prominent and controversial in Japan. If he had Korean ancestry, someone would have found the evidence and publicized it by now.

I don't care whether Ikeda has Korean ancestors or not. I do find it interesting that Ikeda supposedly is such an admirer of Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King -- and yet, has he ever ONCE criticized discrimination in JAPAN -- ie, how Koreans living in Japan face serious prejudice and discrimination? How about prejudice against Amerasians, the children of American servicemen and Japanese women? Or about reparations to "comfort women" -- Korean, Chinese and Filipino women who were forced to be sex slaves for the Japanese Imperial Army?

Never gonna happen; these aren't popular causes in Japan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 05:18AM by tsukimoto.

Posted by: simplify ()
Date: May 04, 2012 05:19AM

Spartacus
Yes Shavoy, GMW's last name was Sadanaga.

Shin'ichi Yamamoto was ikeda's chosen pen name. By writing a "fictionalized" account of the HR, he was/is shielded from lot of nasty lawsuits. Ikeda's treatment of GMW in the latest book is sickening. We all knew how much GMW looked up to ikeda. I believe he idolized him just like everyone else. You could see it in his eyes, and I dont think he was having to act.

ikeda changed his name from Taisaku to Daisaku at some point early on. Why? I believe that "Dai" means "great" in Japanese. Can anybody elaborate?

Thanks, Spartacus

I found the following info at
[dir.groups.yahoo.com]

Soka Gakkai Unofficial
Re: Taisaku Ikeda ??

--- In SokaGakkaiUnofficial@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <mysterium777@...>
wrote:
>
> "krissesbazzaar" wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I was quite surprised to find that at the time of his dialog with
> > Arnold Toynbee that Daisaku Ikeda was then known as Taisaku
Ikeda.
> Can
> > anyone help me by shedding some light on this?
> >
> > Best
> > Kris
> >
>
>
> I heard Taisaku meant something like "fat boy", and so he changed
it
> to Daisaku.
>
> Joe

The pro-SGI website "Clearing up the Clearinghouse" says:

"...As, for some reason, The "Official" Clearing House points out,
Ikeda had changed his original first name from "Taisaku"
to "Daisaku." Taisaku literally could be translated as "fat-
building;" it was a relatively popular name given to Japanese
children in the late 1920s because "fat" at that time implied health.
He changed it to Daisaku, or "Great Builder" later in life at the
urging of his mentor, second Soka Gakkai President Josei Toda..."

[www.sokafacts.net]

a non-issue, of course!

Davis

Hmm a narcissist changing his name from Fat Building to Great Builder. Makes sense if this is true.

I was quite interested in looking at sokafacts.net, but that no longer exists. However Wayback Machine still has an archived copy of the SGI reason for the name change as quoted above at
[web.archive.org]

I've also begun to look at the rest of the sokafacts site. If you go to
[archive.org]
and type in www.sokafacts.net there are loads of archived pages to look at from this defunct site.

Wayback Machine also has archived pages from the original Buddha Jones site, which SGI shut down by threatening legal action against their ex-employee Lisa Jones when she exposed them as a cult.

It is amazing what you can dig up when you go back into the Internet archives!

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: May 04, 2012 05:59AM

Simplify, thanks for those links earlier and btw, the soka commercial (Japan) youtube links, back on p. 385, have also been altered to "private" now. "They" are definitely following this thread.

(Pssst! - Hi Ethan Gelbaum! You out there?!? You wanna come and join in the fun and play a bit?!?! Come on, pretty please, with sugar on top?) ;-))

tsukimoto

------------------------------------------------------------------Beginning of Quote------------------------------------------------------

SGI expects volunteers to carry the weight. SGI has billions of dollars. They can afford to hire hundreds of ministerial staff members all over the U.S. Instead, they expect unpaid, sincere people to devote every waking moment to serving the organization, year in and year out. If you're sincere and happy to help, they will ask more and more of you until your life is dominated by the Org, until you break. And when you break, they criticize you for not being strong enough, for failing to "reply to sensei."

The Org chews people up and spits them out

--------------------------------------------------End of Quote-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is exactly one of the things that I realized very early on. No matter how much you do or how much you give, it is never quite enough to satisfy them and they always will want and ask for more. It's a vicious cycle. For those that cannot say "no", it will eventually consume them and burn them out. Those that stay, I've found, actually thrive on it.

Shavoy
Hitch
Rep. Hank Johnson (Georgia's 4th District) [hankjohnson.house.gov] , an elected U.S. congressman, is a long time soka gakkai usa member and has even traveled to Japan to present the dear leader with an award in recent years.

Some of Hank's brilliant intellect on display [www.youtube.com] , regarding Guam, and a cartoon [www.youtube.com] .

Perfect poster boy for the cult.

Presenting the dear leader with an award....Oh, Hitch...how much was Rep. Johnson paid for the trip...and another "honorary".....?

Just askin'....not that the answer will be offered up.

I believe it was some kind of "semi-official" congressional award and Ikeda also used the opportunity to offer up some mild criticism of the U.S. (it going in the wrong direction or something like that). Hank Johnson was the center of one of those Tokyo meetings, was called up on stage at the beginning, presented it, the whole nine yards.

Spartacus
1) Just wondering if Taisaku is a Korean name?

2) When did he change his name from Taisaku to Daisaku and did he ever give a reason why?

3) What info do we have here about Ikeda's korean background?

I don't have any details, Spartacus, mainly because it really is not something that I care much about or have given much thought to one way or the other. I can only tell you that I've heard whisperings to that effect, even in Japan.

Spartacus
Ikeda's treatment of GMW in the latest book is sickening. We all knew how much GMW looked up to ikeda. I believe he idolized him just like everyone else. You could see it in his eyes, and I dont think he was having to act.

Very much agreed, on all counts. "Idolized" is a good word, which makes the way Ikeda treated him all the more dishonorable. When I remind myself that they are actually "cult leaders", it makes perfect sense, though.

SGBye
A little while back I posted about the SGI urging children to participate in their May contribution campaign. In the new World Tribune, they're turning up the heat on the kiddies. Accompanied by a colorful photo of some piggy banks that kids in Washington DC painted for the campaign it reads:

Incidentally, the recent Seikyo Shimbun has a May 3rd color photo of Daisaku & Kaneko "gracing" the front cover. Don't know if it is current, recent or legit, but it is there. Ikeda, IMO, looks pretty odd to me and definitely not "victorious."

God, the more I read about this cult on this ever growing thread, the more I hate it.

Date: May 04, 2012 06:18AM

Thanks for info on the name. I've been around for 37 years and never knew. I never was a "company man".

Posted by: simplify ()
Date: May 04, 2012 06:41AM

Hitch
Incidentally, the recent Seikyo Shimbun has a May 3rd color photo of Daisaku & Kaneko "gracing" the front cover. Don't know if it is current, recent or legit, but it is there. Ikeda, IMO, looks pretty odd to me and definitely not "victorious."

Hitch, I see what you mean by 'odd'. Here is a link to the pic in the online SS for those who are interested
[www.seikyoonline.jp]

Date: May 04, 2012 07:05AM

Is that picture photoshopped? It does not look right

Date: May 04, 2012 07:08AM

simplify
Hitch

Hitch, I see what you mean by 'odd'. Here is a link to the pic in the online SS for those who are interested
[www.seikyoonline.jp]

That's the one!

Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: May 04, 2012 07:09AM

simplify
Hitch

[www.seikyoonline.jp]

For someone so supposedly "victorious" he looks awfully unhappy. Kaneko's smiling up a storm though.

Date: May 04, 2012 07:21AM

rattyboy
I'm going to write this again. NSA members discouraged me from pursuing Graduate school education because it would get in the way of activities. I thought that was a ridiculous idea at the time. Why not seek that as a great benefit? Ultimately, I stuck with the activities. I stepped down from the educational direction I was pursuing.

This is very interesting. Back when I was in college, I got a similar animosity kind of vibe from certain leaders simply based on fact that I was receiving an education. Some even seemed and acted bizarrely resentful (somehow jealous or threatened - ? - I don't know) by the fact. Looking back, some of them definitely had some personal hang-ups and/or insecurity issues with people getting an education. Critical thinking is, after all, a threat to the cult.

rattyboy
What is so great about a city official proclaiming a particular date 'SGI day' or what have you? Is that actually going to be acknowledged by anyone the next year? Are members supposed to clap when they read that, 'Hip hip hooray! I'm a part of this group that the city sees as being important! Yay!' How do those events happen?
Do 'cities' and 'society' really care about these activities? A curious friend of mine contacted a religion news reporter in one of the cities where 'Rock the Era' was taking place to ask if they covered the event in the newspaper. The reporter didn't know of Soka Gakkai but then found a press release that had been sent that they did not print. His final statement was something to the effect: Just because some group like Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, have a huge gathering at some rented space in the city, it isn't necessarily newsworthy. (Yeah but...what about the creation of world peace?)... (just kidding)

I always used to sit in meetings thinking the exact same thing. Ikeda was made an honorary citizen of this place or that, some little city declared it sgi-ikeda day, a park, a lake or a tree was named after him, etc. . . . . . . AND WHO THE HELL CARES!?!?! Big whoopty doo. The members used to clap, celebrate and eat it all up like they had just given birth to a new child or something. I kept scratching my head and wondering what all of this crap had to do with "world peace." This kind of stuff was some of the triggers that started me thinking, "there's something wrong with these people."

SGBye
It should come as no surprise to anyone here that the SGI would declare RTE as anything less than successfull. Everything they do is "a complete success" and "victorious." If they're due to march in a parade where the rain stops before the parade begins, it's due to the power of their chanting. If it rains the entire time they are marching and then clears up afterward, it was because their "joyous marching" brought out the sunshine. They have an answer for everything!

Regarding the numbers game, I had a chapter chief who would have to choose between going to 2 meetings because they were both on the same night. Yet, on the attendance sheets, he would be put down as having attended both. Also, I was always butting heads with my leaders about the inactive members list. If they haven't attended a meeting in 5 years, they're probably not coming back. But still they would refuse to take them off of the membership list. All of the SGI's numbers are ridiculously inflated.

I remember some of those "master" membership lists, where about 2/3rds of all the names only really existed "on paper." It was like "acting" and pretending to ponder and enjoy all of the "possibilities" that all of the names represented. Basically, trying to convince themselves that everything was either "ok" or going to be "ok" someday - if they just kept the faith and kept practicing. Keeping the defunct members' names written down was like "keeping a connection" and "making a good cause" FOR THE MEMBER and almost viewed as a sacred, compassionate obligation and favor they were doing (not for themselves, but again FOR THE MEMBER). Some really sad, pathetic, yet kinda funny, delusional thinking going on.

Also, due to limited membership, it was always fun to watch how desperate they could get when they needed actual physical bodies (paper bodies weren't enough) to show up and pull regular gajokai/toban and do soka-han (for big events). I got many funny stories to tell about the comedies I witnessed and the stunts they would try to pull simply to keep up appearances. As I've said before regarding my time in, "always good for a laugh."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.