Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: October 29, 2011 02:28AM

I agree heard the same name mentioned myself ... disgusting though that Mr. Ikeda uses this for his benefit. disgusting is what comes to my mind when thinking of SGI anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 02:29AM by Rothaus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI: The SGI Thrift Shop
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: October 29, 2011 08:28AM

Reading the Yahoo group's SokaGakkaiUnofficial website, I found this thread. As I read it, I didn't know whether to laugh or curse! The audacity and greed of SGI -- and the gullibility of some members, is just unbelievable!

-----------------------Start of Quote---------------------------------------------------------------------------

From SokaGakkaiUnofficial:

[groups.yahoo.com]

Message from August 19, 2011

"Members are not contributing enough financially to help run the
organization and open new community centers. SGI needs money to operate;
so I suggest that the organization open a thrift stores around the
country with volunteers to help operate it.
SGI bookstores have
volunteers; so why not give more opportunity to more members to
participate? SGI can advertise to the community to bring in their tax
deductable contributions that can be sold in the SGI thrift stores."

Message from August 22, 2011

"Sadly,there will come a time when President Ikeda t-shirts and bumper
stickers are for sale in the not so distant future."

Message from August 24, 2011

"And a recent one this month in Melbourne Victoria...heck, who says SGI is down financially.  Thats as far as my experience...Even Japan members come to our country with so many freebies with them to give to members... :p Last July Festival we had free notebooks from Ikeda, free dinners and breakfast, and who spent our spectacular venue at the largest mall in Asia?? "

Message from August 26, 2011

"We need thrift stores?

Regarding the May Contribution, I don't know where you're from, but here in the
Pacific Northwest, we far surpassed last year's contributions. We're probably
not the only ones.

For 50 years, the prosperity of SGI has only grown. It's a grass roots thing.
Remember right after Ikeda stepped down as President of Nichiren Shoshu Soka Gakkai? At the first meeting in his new position in 1979, one elderly woman walked up onto the stage and gave President Ikeda a check for $1,000,000 and told him that money was "For you only, to use as you feel. Then another woman approached the stage and offered President Ikeda a $500,000 check, assuring him, "The next half is being prepared."

That was 32 years ago - the beginning of the "new times." "

Message from September 14, 2011

"The Area that I just transfered from still doesn't have its own community center
and the Area that they just split from got a small meeting building. 
Smaller
that when the two area were together.  This is over 10 years and their in a
large metropolitain city.  The prices of SGI books have gone up considerably
over the years; so someone is getting the money.
  Maybe you guys are getting it
in your Area.  Possibly the money is going for SGI's super large structures like
the Makiguchi Hall in Japan instead of for the local Areas where the money is
contributed.
  So why can't the loyal members who contribute see the
organizations budget and spending policies?  What's the politics of how the
money is spent?"
----------------------------end of quote----------------------------------------------------------------------

A multi-billion dollar organization -- and they need your child's outgrown playpen, the gently-used clothes that you no longer wear, the lamp that's been in Grandma's attic since 1977? Really. And volunteering in the SGI Thrift Shop is a great "opportunity for members to participate?" Yes, SGI members really don't have enough to do. And is that thrift shop going to sell the Brooklyn Bridge, too?

Well, if Sensei is going to keep offering notebooks and cookies to members, he's going to need some change. Million dollar check doesn't go as far as it used to, and the poor man's even had to raise the price of his books. Damn ghostwriters are bleeding him dry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 08:37AM by tsukimoto.

Re: Soka Gakkai-- SGI, why not get into the laundry businsess too?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 29, 2011 10:21AM

Wow, what great info. Exactly as suspected.

Right around when SGI got started, Ikeda staged some events, where little old ladies walked up on stage and handed him a check for $1,000,000 and $500,000?
(one assumes it was Yen, but now converted to dollars for the story).

Obviously these were staged events by Ikeda, for the media, and to try and get more donations, and to create a framework.
But where did the millions/billions come from?

Its very obvious if one thinks about it.
Anyone who studies a little bit about "money laundering" learns how it works.
In countries in Asia, and every other country of course, there are huge networks of cash economies to evade taxation. Or the money is coming from bribes, kickbacks, or even illegal sources, etc.
So a corrupt government official gets massive payments, for arranging large deals with a specific company, etc.
Or for example, large weapons manufacturers all deal in cash bribes globally, that is how business is done.
Even mainstream companies have to bribe officials globally.

But at the source of this example, in Japan, there are all sorts of financial scams, and black-money all over the place.
But you cannot just put this kind of black-money in the bank, as its not legal income.
So what do you do with it?

You can create or get access to "religious organizations" to avoid taxes, and then say the money was collected as cash donations, so its not traceable.
The clean money gets mixed with the dirty money.

Then the money is moved around the world, to dozens of countries, many of which have no banking regulations, so it might go in dirty, but comes out clean.
Then that same dirty money can exit the system "clean" again in a western country after getting a nice laundering.
Its then invested in legit investments, and it becomes legit money which can collect interest, be invested, etc.

There is no way an organization like SGI can grow from no assets, to so many billions so quickly. They are not Google, SGI is just a fringe sect based out of a local area.
No cult has ever grown that fast, as SGI is far richer than TM or Scientology, or groups like that.
Yes, housewives in Japan donate money, of course.
But its very obvious there are some huge financial players in the game, and that is when you get into the mansions, Renoir painting, diamonds, cavorting with dictators, billions in investments, and billions of dollars getting sloshed all around the world, now in 192 countries.

Of course, its up to the authorities to try and keep a handle on this stuff, but its too big. They only catch a tiny bit of it, most money laundering apparently gets away without a trace.

Posted by: Jeenia ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:32PM

Back on topic I am going to e-mail my Japanese friend this thread and I hope it will open her eyes to SGI as a cult. Sadly she donates hundreds of dollars to SGI often.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: October 29, 2011 11:59PM

Jeenia, welcome to this thread. Glad to hear from you.

It makes me furious that some members believe SGI when its leaders cry poverty, and donate hard-earned money to an organization that has billions in money, investments and property. This thread may get your friend to start thinking...but I've also seen the opposite. Some members just cannot accept that anything is wrong with SGI. I've had former friends say that I have been misled by the lies of "enemies of SGI who are jealous of President Ikeda's greatness." At this point, it's just too threatening to them, the idea that SGI could be wrong about anything. Maybe someday they'll be ready to see SGI for what it really is.

Posted by: Joaupkva ()
Date: October 30, 2011 12:01AM

Welcome aboard the awakening to the SGI cult Jenia,

like all of us your story sounds familiar! My first post and story is on the top of page 319,it explains everything you would have gone through if you hadn't been blessed and got out at a earlier phase. LOL

I had a friend who had been a member in Chicago for nine years prior to me joinin and he tried to warn me for a while but ofcourse ...DRUM ROLL PLEASE...She had to learn for herself! He was very active for years and told me stories how some guy even lost his house giving the SGI money,one brainwashed vicitm gave his entire $40,000 inheritance to the fat Jap!

Reading Anticults statistic details with my mouth handing open I'm floored on how much money this busines tycoon has. He is a serious conartist,and I can say that with a "sincere heart" SGI is a corporation posing as a Buddhist sect.

One of the leaders I know still lives in a one bedroom tiny apartment with her husband and two children.The all sleep in one bedroom.One of the girls is almost a teenager and it would only be healthy for her to have her own space at some point. My point is they make pretty good money but haven't moved or at least gotten more space and i believe it's because they're bi time brainwashed leaders and give every extra penny to the the conartist! I really hate to see kids suffer when their parents our slaves to cults. This disturbes me!

Date: October 30, 2011 12:05AM

tsukimoto..WOW great info and learning more! i'm emailing this to everyone who tells me they're not a cult!

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: October 30, 2011 05:26AM

More amazing stuff. I was thinking again last night about how in this past year, the great push for contributions via monthly auto-deducts from bank accounts was started and massaged into the masses. And how, new members have no choice but to take out a subscription to the WT, which is now 50$, I believe, as it's lumped together with Living Buddhism. This is mandatory for membership

@Miss66: The leader that you know who still lives in tight quarters with her family probably believes sincerely that their due will come and they will get the great fortune that is promised to them, but for right now, she has no problem with contributing all extra monies to the SGI. It's for the Vow.

@Tsukimoto: "enemies of the SGI who are just jealous of President Ikeda's greatness".....cringe. Gack. It makes me wonder again, for members who sincerely try to "know and be one with Sensei's heart"....yeah, well, do you really know his heart? And how could you know it?

Date: October 30, 2011 05:29AM

I think about that too and if some would ever get it. The member I just mentioned who sleeps in one bedroom with her husband ad two children one almost a teenager (they could afford a two bedroom but theyr're money goes to the fat jap)
said SGI is her life! How pathetic and brainwashed is she,like I said her programming and brainwashing is so deep she's like a little zombie!

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: October 30, 2011 05:43AM

Miss66
I think about that too and if some would ever get it. The member I just mentioned who sleeps in one bedroom with her husband ad two children one almost a teenager (they could afford a two bedroom but theyr're money goes to the fat jap)
said SGI is her life! How pathetic and brainwashed is she,like I said her programming and brainwashing is so deep she's like a little zombie!

There you go....SGI is her life and PI is her main guy and and.....I'll chill for a second, since I do not know this well-meaning person, but it sure sounds like you say, with the brainwashing, that she's going the Ikeda Stepford Wife road. It's scary.

This is all for the veneration of one man. And it's gone into critical mass, since he is not a spring chicken any more. Have you heard of the movement to nominate him for a Nobel Peace Prize?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.