Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: backnforth ()
Date: July 25, 2011 12:10AM

Welcome to the newcomers. This forum is so helpful to see the light of the serious SGI errors.

I was very entertained by Wakatta1 post, yes, all those Japanese womens division - is actually one of the pleasant memories. But the last generation had many American women leaders that are more into their clicks and don't go out of their way for members as much, and definitely don't bring a you a rice ball - DARN!

I do see a trend now though where they are trying to promote specifically Japanese born people into leadership roles, regardless of their capability.

I am an indendent now and having monthly meetings in my area, by invitation at this point. They are small, but will grow. Several SGI members attend because we don't talk about the oneness of the eternal mentor. We study Nichiren's writings in depth.

Life is good!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wakatta1 ()
Date: July 25, 2011 05:06AM

@Joined NSA 40yrs ago

Just for your edification, I probably know you as I was Shakubuku'ed in Japan and returned & practiced in Chicago from the 70's on. As a mid-level leader I saw a lot of good and bad, and eventually I threw in the towel in the mid-1990's. I am glad to see others are finding their way to the lifeboats.

Wakatta1

Date: July 25, 2011 11:44AM

wakatta1
@Joined NSA 40yrs ago

Just for your edification, I probably know you as I was Shakubuku'ed in Japan and returned & practiced in Chicago from the 70's on. As a mid-level leader I saw a lot of good and bad, and eventually I threw in the towel in the mid-1990's. I am glad to see others are finding their way to the lifeboats.

Wakatta1

Wakatta1 We probibly do know each other and maybe even did activities together.Because my wife was a high level YWD leader,she saw and heard all the crazy stuff going on. I also knew many of the senior leaders in Chicago and came to the same conclusion concerning NSA that my wife did .We cut all ties in the late 80's

We have kept in touch with many of our friends who are still in SGI, their devotion to Ikeda and the SGI has gotten them NOWHERE in their lives!

Hopefully anyone reading these postings will learn to stay away from the SGI,it gets you NOWHERE in your life.

Wouldd like to talk with you someday Wakkata1,be on the lookout for a message from Joined NSA 40yrs ago

Posted by: bobze39 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:29AM

bobze39
tennpeach

Her name was Kimi L., I remember meething her for the 1st time when I was 15 years old, I think she was a similar to my mother--so she might have been about 35~40 years old at that time. I returned from out-of-country in '86. Then the split happened--she contacted my mother around 1991 to let her know that SGI leaders were trying to dig up any kind of dirt to discredit me as being a "disgruntled member", etc.. In the end, since they couldn't get the kind of information they wanted, they made up stories-- real doozies, I tell you. Returning to Ms. Kimi's story--she moved to Austin in Texas around 1995. She was working a minimum wage job, had severe emphysema and needed to carry oxygen. Her leader told her that she must attend some big meeting in Houston, she explained to the leader that if she went, she wouldn't be able to afford her oxygen....that ldr told her she must show conviction of her practice, use her money to attend that "big" meeting and "overcome" her illness by showing she didn't need the oxygen. My mother begged her to use common sense, her oxygen and life was more important that going to that meeting....she didn't listen...she went, returned home. A few days, her landlord found her dead...she had basically suffocated from lack of oxygen....

Tennpeach, thank you for sharing this story.
SGI leaders were trying to dig up any kind of dirt to discredit me as being a "disgruntled member", etc.. In the end, since they couldn't get the kind of information they wanted, they made up stories-- real doozies, I tell you.
Can you tell a little bit more abot this defamation campaign? Why did it start? For how long did it continue? Defamation campaigns usually involve stalking as people try to dig up some dirt, so how far did SGI go to violate your privacy? Did they spread those stories, "doozies" at your workplace, among your relatives and friends, or did they go further and spread them around in your neighbourhood?

The reason I asked you this because I am in a very similar situation. About 10 years ago I was blacklisted by SGI. I made the SGI Watch List so to speak. They flagged me. (Not to confuse with FBI Watch List, in fact I never had any trouble with the Law, my record is crystally clean, except for a couple of traffic tickets, which I paid on time.) Since then SGI has been monitoring me, using their vast resources, and they contacted every person I came in contact with (even online) and told them these stories, doozies. They even encouraged people around me to participate in this surveillance and defamation campaign by telling them that I am dangerous, mentally ill and so on. Once again, my mental health record is crystally clean, I have never been a mental patient (except for going to a student group therapy once, but absolutely volunteerly). Needless to say how many laws they have broken by doing this.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: August 04, 2011 03:44AM

bobze39
bobze39
tennpeach

Her name was Kimi L., I remember meething her for the 1st time when I was 15 years old, I think she was a similar to my mother--so she might have been about 35~40 years old at that time. I returned from out-of-country in '86. Then the split happened--she contacted my mother around 1991 to let her know that SGI leaders were trying to dig up any kind of dirt to discredit me as being a "disgruntled member", etc.. In the end, since they couldn't get the kind of information they wanted, they made up stories-- real doozies, I tell you. Returning to Ms. Kimi's story--she moved to Austin in Texas around 1995. She was working a minimum wage job, had severe emphysema and needed to carry oxygen. Her leader told her that she must attend some big meeting in Houston, she explained to the leader that if she went, she wouldn't be able to afford her oxygen....that ldr told her she must show conviction of her practice, use her money to attend that "big" meeting and "overcome" her illness by showing she didn't need the oxygen. My mother begged her to use common sense, her oxygen and life was more important that going to that meeting....she didn't listen...she went, returned home. A few days, her landlord found her dead...she had basically suffocated from lack of oxygen....

Tennpeach, thank you for sharing this story.
SGI leaders were trying to dig up any kind of dirt to discredit me as being a "disgruntled member", etc.. In the end, since they couldn't get the kind of information they wanted, they made up stories-- real doozies, I tell you.
Can you tell a little bit more abot this defamation campaign? Why did it start? For how long did it continue? Defamation campaigns usually involve stalking as people try to dig up some dirt, so how far did SGI go to violate your privacy? Did they spread those stories, "doozies" at your workplace, among your relatives and friends, or did they go further and spread them around in your neighbourhood?

The reason I asked you this because I am in a very similar situation. About 10 years ago I was blacklisted by SGI. I made the SGI Watch List so to speak. They flagged me. (Not to confuse with FBI Watch List, in fact I never had any trouble with the Law, my record is crystally clean, except for a couple of traffic tickets, which I paid on time.) Since then SGI has been monitoring me, using their vast resources, and they contacted every person I came in contact with (even online) and told them these stories, doozies. They even encouraged people around me to participate in this surveillance and defamation campaign by telling them that I am dangerous, mentally ill and so on. Once again, my mental health record is crystally clean, I have never been a mental patient (except for going to a student group therapy once, but absolutely volunteerly). Needless to say how many laws they have broken by doing this.

I have to ask, what is to be gained by this? Is this Buddhism? Is this respect for the dignity of each individual? What do they hope to gain?? Bobze, how did you find out that this was going on?

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: August 04, 2011 07:26AM

Dear bobze39:

For every lie they tell about me, I tell ten truths about them. This usually shuts them up and keeps them at bay.

Nichijew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 07:27AM by Nichijew.

Date: August 04, 2011 08:34AM

Bobze, how did you find out that this was going on?
They told people around me lies, and then they gagged them. But eventually some brave people told me what was going on.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: August 05, 2011 01:53AM

bobze39
Bobze, how did you find out that this was going on?
They told people around me lies, and then they gagged them. But eventually some brave people told me what was going on.

What do you think you said or did to bring about their enmity and your excommunication? What is it something as banal as refusing to accept Ikeda as your savio... err mentor?

Nichijew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2011 01:53AM by Nichijew.

Posted by: cyclops ()
Date: August 05, 2011 04:21AM

wellI'llbe
Hi I'm new here. I recently received gohonzon in January this year.I chose to because chanting with members in my neighbourhood and occasionally attending meetings was helping me to feel part of my community. I've had misgivings about the Sensei worship thing all along. Last night I found this form and begin to understand how cults work. I recognise I've made a mistake in joining. Chanting seems to work for me as a form of meditation and helping me to set goals and access the inner strength to work for them, but I want to leave SGI. I feel I've been a bit blind and foolish not wanting to see or not understanding the evidence. What do I do next? Just stop attending meetings? Can I get myself removed?

For sure – Just take a step back and gradually distance yourself – I started in the 70’s – joined NSA in the 80’s and ended up in SGI – I have seen may things in this saga and one thing is certain that over the many years SGI has morph into an Ikeda worshiping cult. Before I cut ties I would go to senior leaders and speak my mind and it was to no avail. While I was distancing myself I was called by leaders for a “home visitation” , if you are asked for one “just say no!” once they get into a home visitation situation then the mind games begin usually 3 of them will visit to see how they can “help you” or reprogram you. Also please be aware that even if you decline a home visitation you just may get an unannounced one where they just show up @ the door. Then you have to be a little blunt with them – I told them that I don’t do “home visitations” and closed the door. Now mind you chanting @ least I feel is a good thing it can help you in so many ways. SO if you feel that it helps then continue I have. The path to enlightenment isn’t an easy one to take – may your journey to enlightenment be fruitful.

Date: August 05, 2011 08:58PM

What do you think you said or did to bring about their enmity and your excommunication? What is it something as banal as refusing to accept Ikeda as your savio... err mentor?

Well, I have to say, I am no hero. The reason I made the SGI Watch List is even more banal. I got involved with a woman, who had connections with the very high-ranked SGI officials. She was friends with Danny Nagashima (she introduced me to him) and she personally knew Ikeda. We had a nasty break-up. I have to say I am not proud of the way I behaved with her. I made some serious mistakes. So, she did this to get back at me. She actually told me she'd do it, but of course I didn't believe her. I actually told her about some things from my past I felt guilty about, and I told her that I threw away my first Gohonzon, so I even made it easier for her to convince whoever she had to convince to put me on the list. I never was excommunicted. This whole thing started while I was still practicing with SGI. But for sure it became one of the reasons I quit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.